1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:16 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just called ASK-MINI again.... We're in the Paint Shop, on track for completion tomorrow!! We just might catch the Tombarra on Monday.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:54 PM
MINIMotorMouth
1st Gear
In production and supposed to be finished today! Waiting to see if that is true and if it will make the weekend boats!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:32 PM
elegantmini
2nd Gear
Hmmm, getting conflicting reports but it's not looking like completion will be tomorrow. Hey, I've been waiting four months so another week doesn't make much difference--Happy sailing all!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Ender_Will
1st Gear
On Wednesday, ASK-MINI told me that Chester was in the paint shop, but couldn't/didn't give any estimate as to completion date. Calling tonight, the automated recording said that it was in paint shop with a scheduled completion of 9/3. What gives?

Old 09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
gregoire
Neutral
The recoding says in the paint shop and completion on 9/4. However, the live voice said my car was completed today!!!!!! Hope they get her on a boat soon.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
MiniCS, DSMCS, and Eurotrash,

How do you guys know which ship your Mini were loaded on? I mean do you get that info from ASK MINI automated or live, from your beloved MA, or just manually putting in the VIN in the WW tracking page?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe only WW do West Coast, never K-line, since I didn't see Port Hueneme listed on the K-line schedule.

And how soon can you get the VIN tracking info on the WW tracking page? My car is at the port and the next WW ship to CA is the Elektra leaving 9/8.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 AM
MINIMotorMouth
1st Gear
Yippee! Ask MINI says released to the carrier!

Old 09-05-2008, 05:12 AM
DSMCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Dinlaka

How do you guys know which ship your Mini were loaded on? I mean do you get that info from ASK MINI automated or live, from your beloved MA, or just manually putting in the VIN in the WW tracking page?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe only WW do West Coast, never K-line, since I didn't see Port Hueneme listed on the K-line schedule.

And how soon can you get the VIN tracking info on the WW tracking page? My car is at the port and the next WW ship to CA is the Elektra leaving 9/8.
Dinlaka, I believe WW ships to both the east and west coast. You can get your vin either from ask-mini or the owner's lounge. Once you have the VIN, and if you happen to be on a WW ship, go here http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto to plug in your VIN. Your information won't actually show up until your car has been processed for the cruise.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:16 AM
eurotrash01
3rd Gear

I just plugged the VIN into the WW site auto cargo tracking page. Playing the odds, I started with WW and happened to get a hit. The timing was roughly as follows...On the day I got an ASK-MINI reply of "en route to port" (on the train) I tried the WW site and got zippo (9/2). On the following day I got the reply that it had arrived at SH, I tried again and it was there with the ship name, sailing schedule and all further updates. That was all about a day and a half before I actually rolled on the ship (according to WW's records.)

I've had very little luck getting any accurate, fresh info from my dealer. My MA has been out of the office and the backup squad went into their system once when I had a question, but updates didn't seem to provide much. Had my car not been on a WW ship I'm sure the dealer would have been a better resource.

Not sure if this helps.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Krafty04
2nd Gear
I'm on the Integrity who is docking at Southampton tomorrow (9/6) to fill up da belly. I got loaded in Germany (long story). Oh yeah, I ordered in Feb. Hows that for a wait?

**Crap, Integrity is moored up, waiting a berth..

Old 09-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eurotrash01
I just plugged the VIN into the WW site auto cargo tracking page. Playing the odds, I started with WW and happened to get a hit. The timing was roughly as follows...On the day I got an ASK-MINI reply of "en route to port" (on the train) I tried the WW site and got zippo (9/2). On the following day I got the reply that it had arrived at SH, I tried again and it was there with the ship name, sailing schedule and all further updates. That was all about a day and a half before I actually rolled on the ship (according to WW's records.)

I've had very little luck getting any accurate, fresh info from my dealer. My MA has been out of the office and the backup squad went into their system once when I had a question, but updates didn't seem to provide much. Had my car not been on a WW ship I'm sure the dealer would have been a better resource.

Not sure if this helps.
Thanks, DCMCS and Eurotrash for helping out . My MA is probably as helpful as yours i.e. not very much. So I guess I have to do the tracking myself.

I got a VIN 3 weeks ago and I guess in a day or two, I might get some info from the WW tracking link as eurotrash pointed out. As I said, the Elektra is leaving on 9/8, so my best bet would be I will get some info on Sunday.

Thanks.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:38 AM
deepcscuba
1st Gear
Mine was built 9/3, and I am on the Elektra when i put the VIN into the tracking site if that helps.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Krafty04
I'm on the Integrity who is docking at Southampton tomorrow (9/6) to fill up da belly. I got loaded in Germany (long story). Oh yeah, I ordered in Feb. Hows that for a wait?

**Crap, Integrity is moored up, waiting a berth..
Who got loaded in Germany you or the car?

BTW the Integrity will never beat the ANIARA it has special powers it can load vehicles at SEA over 12 hours away from the port

Old 09-05-2008, 12:08 PM
SooperDooperCooper
1st Gear
Boo, I was hoping to be on the ANIARA but it looks like my car didn't make it in time

Ah well, looks like it's the INTEGRITY for me, which will be right behind.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:15 PM
marasmini
2nd Gear
Anybody from Colorado waiting for their mini to be (or already) completed this week? If so what ship are you getting on? What would be the port of entry into US? Since Colorado is kinda in the middle it could be either coast i guess or the Gulf (Galveston?)

Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Clockworkbuddha
1st Gear
A manly, yet nonetheless ebullient, *Squeee!!!*

So, I found out today that I'm scheduled to go into the build on 9/9...after a pretty decent time "On Order". I've resisted even thinking about it before now....

Somewhere, across the pond, a BRG Clubman S awaits to be born

Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 PM
kewlby
3rd Gear
I'm on the Elektra

WOOHOO!!!!! I'm booked on the Elektra!!!!

Departing Southampton 9/8.
Arriving Port Hueneme 9/29.

For you others who are awaiting transport to the west coast, check here with your VIN.
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
YAY! Me too!!! Booked on Elektra.....

deepcscuba and Kewlby, we are ship mates!!!!

I'm gonna track it like crazy and hope it dodges all the hurricanes!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:32 PM
buggin
Neutral
I'm a Newbie

So glad to know all of you are out there for support! Just learned today that my MINI has been 'released to carrier'. Haven't named her yet...waiting til we meet Any other Nightfire Reds out there? Would love to see a good pic.

2009 MC NFR | 15" Rotator Spokes | Anthracite | Premium/CW/Convenience Packages | White Bonnet Stripes | White Signals | HD Radio/HiFi/Satellite | Automatic

Old 09-05-2008, 01:48 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by marasmini
Anybody from Colorado waiting for their mini to be (or already) completed this week? If so what ship are you getting on? What would be the port of entry into US? Since Colorado is kinda in the middle it could be either coast i guess or the Gulf (Galveston?)
Deepcscuba is in Parker CO, and he said a few posts above yours that he's on the Elektra, which is headed for Port Hueneme CA. It doesn't leave until 9/8, so if you're going there, too, you might make it. Your MA should have given you a "Vehicle Enquiry" sheet that has your configuration and your production number. Toward the top of the page, in the right column, look for "Port Loc."; the code will tell you whether you're Port Hueneme (PHMPOA), Charleston SC (CHSPOA), or elsewhere. Alas, there are no BMW Vehicle Distribution Centers on the Gulf Coast.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto. Elektra. Another shipmate here. Hope I don't get seasick.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
maximus96
3rd Gear

hell yea! mine is on elektra too! i'll be picking it up at East Bay, I know a few of us here are as well. Jesse hasn't been very forthcoming with the info, i had to track down everything myself. the last bit I got out of him was that my production status was "on order".

one thing i noticed is that the ride was booked in july...

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 05/09/2008 13:13
BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 31/07/2008 14:12

Old 09-05-2008, 02:56 PM
kewlby
3rd Gear
Okay, someone needs to start the "all aboard the elektra" thread. I'm bashful.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
Welcome Maximus96 and aafflyer!

Yep I knew Maximus, Kewlby and me will be picking up our MINI at Eastbay, hopefully by the weekend of 10/4 (not sure if that's a bit optimistic).

I noticed that there are 230 vehicles with the same booking number. Not sure if all of them are Minis though.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
Please come join me in the new thread for us aboarding the ELEKTRA heading for Port Hueneme!!!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=153618

Quick Reply: Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group