1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
elegantmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh no! I've finally crossed over--when I call ASK-MINI (every day now) they recognize my voice. John (we're on a first name basis) swears there's no caller ID.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:36 PM
SirParlan
2nd Gear
All Colorado orders go through Pt. Hueneme in CA. Glad to see more Coloradans on the list. I'm a week 38 for my Clubbie.

Those of you who went through Schomp, when did you order? I ordered on 6/26 and had to tread water for all this time.

Deepscuba, There are a number of us in Parker. Check out the MINI5280 club forum.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:11 PM
marasmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tancred
Deepcscuba is in Parker CO, and he said a few posts above yours that he's on the Elektra, which is headed for Port Hueneme CA. It doesn't leave until 9/8, so if you're going there, too, you might make it. Your MA should have given you a "Vehicle Enquiry" sheet that has your configuration and your production number. Toward the top of the page, in the right column, look for "Port Loc."; the code will tell you whether you're Port Hueneme (PHMPOA), Charleston SC (CHSPOA), or elsewhere. Alas, there are no BMW Vehicle Distribution Centers on the Gulf Coast.
Thank You much for that info. The vehicle Inquiry report does indeed say PHMPOA, so i guest my baby is going to arrive from the west. I just got off the phone with ASK-MINI and they say the car is in the bodyshop and scheduled to be completed tomorrow. I don't know if i am going to make it to Elektra. I sure hope so very much.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:24 PM
marasmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SirParlan
All Colorado orders go through Pt. Hueneme in CA. Glad to see more Coloradans on the list. I'm a week 38 for my Clubbie.

Those of you who went through Schomp, when did you order? I ordered on 6/26 and had to tread water for all this time.

Deepscuba, There are a number of us in Parker. Check out the MINI5280 club forum.
I went through Ralph Schomp MINI. Placed the order on 7/4/2008. Scheduled completion date is tomorrow Sep 6th. Hopefully i am making it onto Elektra.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:37 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Elegantmini, they know me, too! It is unnerving when the rep picks up and says, "Oh, hi, Ms...." At least they understand that we're really, really excited about getting our MINIs. My Clubman isn't quite done yet -- he's in final assembly now getting bonnet striped and rooster red-ified, completion Saturday 9/6. But, hey, it's already Saturday in England, so that's okay!

Now once again we enter the "dark side of the moon" phase of no live phone reps for a couple of days. Reminds me of the space missions in the '60s.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:26 PM
gregoire
Neutral
I just checked and we are booked on the Elektra. We will be picking her up @ Rasmussen MINI in Portland, OR.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tancred......I appreciate your update. I assume we are being constructed virtually back to back. Today I was still getting painted. Hope we get sailing on Monday.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:16 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by elegantmini
Oh no! I've finally crossed over--when I call ASK-MINI (every day now) they recognize my voice. John (we're on a first name basis) swears there's no caller ID.
The minute you call, your phone number and personal info pops up on their screen. I get the same thing when I call. "Oh Hello Mrs.....". I Have to say, that everyone I have spoken with so far, has been super friendly and helpful.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
This morning I heard the sweet words....."Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit." Could ship out on the Integrity today.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Lessk
2nd Gear
I wish I could track mine. I don't even know which boat I'm on yet. I do know it's going to the Charleston port. It was completed on 9/1. Kansas City for the delivery.

Congrats to all who have a car coming home!

Last edited by Lessk; 09-06-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:10 AM
MiniCS
2nd Gear
Lessk,

Get your VIN, go to http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/ (auto cargo on right), enter your VIN and you may get lucky.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:19 AM
snowcap_millie
2nd Gear
Mine was completed 9/2 and got confirmation from my MA that it was on it way to the port ))) ...it's there!

Obsessive me plopped my VIN in to the WW tracking link (thanks for the info!) and I'm BOOKED on the Elektra. I think any of you 9/1 competion 36ers would be able to do the same thing and check if you're booked or not.

Also just joined the Elektra thread to obsess with them. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=153618 any others of you booked on the Elektra, I invite you all to come on over (although I wouldn't dream of leaving this thread!

Old 09-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
I've been checking that link with my VIN for a few days now. Nothing. And it's already on a boat so I guess it wasn't them. I don't know. I wouldn't think Kansas City destination would ship to West Coast.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:40 PM
crlobx
Neutral
Woo Hoo -- We are locked & loaded on the Integrity

Due in Baltimore on 9/17 !!! Can't wait to see her live.. What a great site - MiniCS thanks for the link to see the shipping....

MC Chili Red - just the basics + sunroof & stripes

Old 09-06-2008, 07:34 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Lessk, maybe you're booked on K-Line's Western Highway?? That sails Sunday 9/7. Your MA might be able to tell you on Monday.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
No record of my VIN for today on the Wallensius site, but making it aboard the Tombarra on Monday headed to New York is all but certain. This begins the downhill part of the waiting process. I should take delivery inside of the next 17 days...arriving at the dealer no later than 9/22. Then I'll need to have a JCW engine kit and badges, a short shifter, rear sway bar, cup holder, rubber mats and regular tires....installed. Someone just agreed to buy my current Mini and I like not having that to deal with that any more. It's getting closer and closer and I think the R56 is going to be even more fun to drive than the R53. Zowie!

Last edited by Herby74; 09-07-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:32 AM
axelcrash
1st Gear
Still no shipping info here(checked VIN on WW) - ask mini said my car was completed on 9/7 and on the way to the port. Guess I may be on the K line since I am heading to the east coast or one of the WW ships leaving on the 12th or 13th. Kind of sad that my baby and others completed early this week will have to sit on the dock for a couple of days. Not sure if my baby will be coming into NY or Baltimore, I ordered from Otto's in West Chester,Pa so we are kind of in between the two. Anyone else order from Otto's and know the port of entrance?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by axelcrash
Still no shipping info here(checked VIN on WW) - ask mini said my car was completed on 9/7 and on the way to the port. Guess I may be on the K line since I am heading to the east coast or one of the WW ships leaving on the 12th or 13th. Kind of sad that my baby and others completed early this week will have to sit on the dock for a couple of days. Not sure if my baby will be coming into NY or Baltimore, I ordered from Otto's in West Chester,Pa so we are kind of in between the two. Anyone else order from Otto's and know the port of entrance?
My guess is the NY port, Axel. Mine was also completed on the 7th (or 8th), but anyway she has been released to the carrier...

However, no info from the W&W site yet... does this mean it may already be loaded on to/being loaded onto a K line ship? Is that correct?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 AM
axelcrash
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Engender
My guess is the NY port, Axel. Mine was also completed on the 7th (or 8th), but anyway she has been released to the carrier...

However, no info from the W&W site yet... does this mean it may already be loaded on to/being loaded onto a K line ship? Is that correct?

I am thinking that it may mean being loaded or will get loaded onto a K line ship? But others have had a day delay with the VIN numbers so maybe since the W&W ships do not leave till the 12th they are not booked yet? I am holding back from emailing the MA at Otto's, I think Michelle already believes I am a nut and excited about my MINI coming I will probably call her tomorrow.

I drove by on Saturday and there were several Clubman's sitting there waiting to be taken for a ride. I almost want to go for another test drive just to ease the wait or would that make it worse?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
The Tombarra is docked in Southampton. Anyone have any connections to make sure I get on?
Sounds like I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

Last edited by Herby74; 09-08-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by axelcrash
I am thinking that it may mean being loaded or will get loaded onto a K line ship? But others have had a day delay with the VIN numbers so maybe since the W&W ships do not leave till the 12th they are not booked yet? I am holding back from emailing the MA at Otto's, I think Michelle already believes I am a nut and excited about my MINI coming I will probably call her tomorrow.

I drove by on Saturday and there were several Clubman's sitting there waiting to be taken for a ride. I almost want to go for another test drive just to ease the wait or would that make it worse?
Yeah, I've been thinking about going by MINI of the Main Line and doing another test drive just to remind myself why I'm going through all this... luckily, I'm going to be out of the country (Eastern Europe) from the 12th to the 22nd, so that will ease the wait for me a bit.

So, according to the "Track Your MINI" post, I will be on a WW ship. I have been entering my VIN every 10 minutes, and no results. I guess that means I am not on the Tombara, eh? Does anyone here have a car on the Tombara? Has it left port yet and does your VIN number work on the WW page?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Engender.....I think that we'll both make it onto the Tombarra. However, the VIN may not show up until tomorrow. Keep the faith......and relax.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 AM
elegantmini
2nd Gear
Tombarra at the dock

Hey those waiting to board, I just took this shot of the Tombarra at Southampton via the AIS satellite view. Cool!

Attached Thumbnails Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group-tombarra.jpg  
Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Sniff, called ASK-MINI for the last time because... my Clubman is finished and sitting at Southampton waiting to get on a ship!! Wheeeee! If it's not on the Tombarra today, we should make the Caribbean Highway on Friday or the Independence II on Saturday.

I do hope to get on board today, but if not, there are some financial advantages, I'll admit. Getting my MINI after 10/1 means I'll have squirreled away a bit more cash for the down payment, the first loan payment is due a month later, and I won't get socked for county taxes quite yet. Here in Nebraska we pay sales tax, plus annual property tax on our cars based upon the county we live in. Omaha is in the most expensive county, of course. I'm really gonna take a hit when it comes time to register this puppy -- but it'll be worth it! So I'll be excited if my little one makes the ship today, but it's cool if he doesn't.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Duncan Maio
1st Gear
Not Quite

Originally Posted by elegantmini
Hey those waiting to board, I just took this shot of the Tombarra at Southampton via the AIS satellite view. Cool!
If you zoom in, you will see the 2007 Google Earth watermark on the photos. That's definitely where the Tombarra is, but those are not our MINIs on the dock (and that's not the Tombarra).

Still, the AIS site is way cool, and it's exciting to know that our cars are floating in the proximity of the green map pin, headed west. I see Electra on the other side of the pier as well.

BTW, I got on Tombarra this morning, and my VIN didn't register on the WW tracking site until after the ship docked this morning.

Last edited by Duncan Maio; 09-08-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: missed info.

Quick Reply: Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group