1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Herby74
This news is troubling since I have to turn my current Mini over to it's new owner next Wednesday. Sounds a bit ominous.....hope they get their act together real soon.

Engender....What was your source with regard to EPA testing?
They have there ACt together (BMW not the EPA)unfortunatly the EPA comes and grabs a few for testing at the port and we are amoung them.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mr Ray
They have there ACt together (BMW not the EPA)unfortunatly the EPA comes and grabs a few for testing at the port and we are amoung them.
Looks like AlecA has a delivered 09 Cooper.

My source is a post on the 2007+ Cooper Hardtop forums... so probably just a rumor. My MA is back in town tomorrow, and believe me I'm gonna grill him for info like he was Henry Paulson and I was the Senate Banking Committee!

Old 09-24-2008, 02:13 PM
zarote
2nd Gear
Beat him up for me as well. Although, I was told Mark will not be in till Friday.
This blasted Kia is getting old, besides the State inspection runs out the end of Sept.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Engender
Looks like AlecA has a delivered 09 Cooper.

My source is a post on the 2007+ Cooper Hardtop forums... so probably just a rumor. My MA is back in town tomorrow, and believe me I'm gonna grill him for info like he was Henry Paulson and I was the Senate Banking Committee!
Not a rumor I confirmed it with MINI USA and this is not uncommon this time of year, yes some cars get thur my dealer has had them and made deliveries just that a few of us are held up for testing by EPA and nothing BMW or us can do about it.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
Crap, I hope CARB doesn't do the same thing with our cars at Port Hueneme.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Engender
3rd Gear
I just posted this in the ongoing thread in the 2007+ forum, but thought you guys should know as well:

Approx. 5:30 p.m. EST, this is a paraphrase of what ASK MINI told me:

"BMW is not releasing ANY '09s until they "announce" that the 09s are being released."

Meaning, as I understand it, they send the specs to all the websites, etc and they issue a press release.

Although, we seem to see that some 09 Justacoopers are at dealerships.

Please, contact ASK MINI and your MA and ask about this. If this is true, we need to make as much noise as possible to get them to release the darn things so I don't have to rent a car for another week... and you can get your MINI!
Sorry for the double post, but lets organize, get our voices heard, and free our MINIs!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Ender_Will
1st Gear
[COLOR=Black]I emailed my MA and he said (along with the fact that Chester should be in the VDC on the 28th) that: I haven’t heard such thing so it might just be nothing but a false rumor, in fact we have received some 2009’s already."

Hopefully it's just some holdup getting everything ready!

Old 09-25-2008, 04:51 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ender_Will
[color=Black]I emailed my MA and he said (along with the fact that Chester should be in the VDC on the 28th) that: I haven’t heard such thing so it might just be nothing but a false rumor, in fact we have received some 2009’s already."

Hopefully it's just some holdup getting everything ready!
And you are in Atlanta? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the more stringent emissions standards in the North East.... it seems many of the cars that are being held at the VDC are in the NE.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:59 PM
MINI Nelson
Neutral
I just picked up my 2009 MINI today! It's everything I dreamed of and more. If it weren't raining on the way home I probably would have gotten a speeding ticket. Can't wait for the weekend!

Old 09-25-2008, 05:16 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Congrats!!! Promise to post pictures when the weather clears up! Of course, it looks like it could be a couple of days before that happens. The Caribbean Highway got diverted to Jacksonville today to avoid that storm coming your way. But she's underway again -- next stop Charleston!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
The car is at the dealership!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:37 AM
kewlby
3rd Gear
I wish my MINI was at the dealership.

Anyway, I just checked the Owner's Lounge and under Review Order Details, my MINI has turned into a "4 door sedan Cooper S".

All the factory order options are now blank. However the color is still correct. Weird huh?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:42 AM
whoapower
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kewlby
Anyway, I just checked the Owner's Lounge and under Review Order Details, my MINI has turned into a "4 door sedan Cooper S".
Same here!

I knew they would throw in floormats, but I had no idea they were throwing in two more doors! Cool!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kewlby
I wish my MINI was at the dealership.

All the factory order options are now blank. However the color is still correct. Weird huh?
Congradulations:
Your getting the first R60. you will have to wait until after the auto show to pick it up! Of course you do know that the car has no engine!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
tancred
4th Gear
The OL essentially says the same thing for my Clubman. OMG, it's gonna be that SUV concept car with the bizarre globe thingy and the angry eyes.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tancred
The OL essentially says the same thing for my Clubman. OMG, it's gonna be that SUV concept car with the bizarre globe thingy and the angry eyes.
OL says I have 2 doors but my options are missing Bet it was those crooks at the EPA.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
marasmini
2nd Gear
Same here the configuration is missing and it says that it is 2 door coupe Cooper Clubman. The color is correct, but all the options are gone. I think the VIN is still the same. The order number is sure the same.
I think they are doing some maintenance to the website and it might be causing this weidness .

Old 09-26-2008, 12:35 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Yeah, there have been problems with the OL the past week or so. All I know is that my Clubman was finished two weeks before the glitch hit, so I know everything's there that's supposed to be. Or so they say.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINI Nelson
I just picked up my 2009 MINI today! It's everything I dreamed of and more. If it weren't raining on the way home I probably would have gotten a speeding ticket. Can't wait for the weekend!
Congratulations!

You are amongst the first to get an 2009 Mini....

But....we want pics. we want pics. We want PICS.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a surprise! My Cooper S arrived at the dealer today and I went over to see it. Stunning! I'll be picking it up on Monday at 3:30. The only disappointment is that there is a recall on the '09 JCW engine kit. I won't be able to have it installed until late Dec. or Jan. The spin I'm putting on is that I'll enjoy it that much more after driving without it for a few months. In any event I'm very, very happy today. Monday will be even better.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:45 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Herby, you're the eternal optimist! Too bad about the JCW kit, but it'll be interesting to hear how the very same car is before and after install. And when are you posting pix, eh??? You're not allowed to keep its stunning-ness all to yourself! Have fun on Monday!

Old 09-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Lessk
2nd Gear
Well we picked up ther car yesterday and it's just beautiful. My wife is so happy and she deserves it. Right now I only have a few pics from when we picked it up. I'll take some better pictures and post them.

The car is a lot of fun though. Even though we're going by the book on the break in period and going easy on it.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:54 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice to see all these posts from the fellow Week 36'ers getting their cars.

Need some pictures though!

For us West Coasters, we are still waiting, though our ship is coming in soon! Tomorrow for those of us on the Elektra.

I live in the San Diego area -- perhaps I should get out to the coast and look for the ship going by...

Old 09-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Herby74
What a surprise! My Cooper S arrived at the dealer today and I went over to see it. Stunning! I'll be picking it up on Monday at 3:30. The only disappointment is that there is a recall on the '09 JCW engine kit. I won't be able to have it installed until late Dec. or Jan. The spin I'm putting on is that I'll enjoy it that much more after driving without it for a few months. In any event I'm very, very happy today. Monday will be even better.

I got a call from my MA saying my car is in. I called him a little bit ago, and hope to pick mine up at 6:15 this evening!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 AM
MiniCS
2nd Gear
I also got a call from my MA saying the car arrived at the dealer on Sunday and will be ready today. Now I just have to figure out how to clear my calendar for this afternoon so that I can pick it up...

Quick Reply: Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group