1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 PM
maximus96
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kewlby
I'm in Castro Valley too.

I don't have a production number yet, so I don't know which week I'm in. MA says to call him the middle of next week. I ordered on 8/2 from East Bay Mini.

See you around town in a few months.
who is your MA? Jesse? hes a popular guy, must be making a killing on commission...

where are you in castro valley? i'm in the palomares hills.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 AM
kewlby
3rd Gear
Five Canyons here.

Yup, it's Jesse. I asked him if he's the top seller at the dealership and he pointed over to his file cabinet...there's little oscar-like award that he got for selling the most car last year. I'm sure he'll get the award again this year.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by maximus96
i see you're in castro valley, me too! mine is also a week 36. i posted the specs in the beginning of this thread. what did you order?
A 2009 MINI Cooper S, British Racing Green with matching roof and mirrors, Factory Aero Kit, Leather Gravity Tuscan Beige Interior, English Oak Interior Surface and MFSW, Limited Slip Differential, Sport Suspension, Comfort Access System, Xenon Headlights with Premium and Cold Weather Packages.

who is your MA? Jesse? hes a popular guy, must be making a killing on commission...

where are you in castro valley? i'm in the palomares hills.
Especially with East Bay's $2000 mark-up. I'm in Palomares Hills, also.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:14 PM
maximus96
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
A 2009 MINI Cooper S, British Racing Green with matching roof and mirrors, Factory Aero Kit, Leather Gravity Tuscan Beige Interior, English Oak Interior Surface and MFSW, Limited Slip Differential, Sport Suspension, Comfort Access System, Xenon Headlights with Premium and Cold Weather Packages.

Especially with East Bay's $2000 mark-up. I'm in Palomares Hills, also.
you should have been able to get Jesse to waive the 2k markup. A few of us here did. Maybe you still can. I would definitely try.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:35 PM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
you should have been able to get Jesse to waive the 2k markup. A few of us here did. Maybe you still can. I would definitely try.
I didn't order through East Bay. I went to MINI of Concord and got it for under MSRP. I don't play the mark-up game. As soon as I saw it, I was outta there. Probably won't even use them for service. I have no tolerance for that BS.

-C

Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
maximus96
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
I didn't order through East Bay. I went to MINI of Concord and got it for under MSRP. I don't play the mark-up game. As soon as I saw it, I was outta there. Probably won't even use them for service. I have no tolerance for that BS.

-C
i read on here that service at East Bay is top notch, except they don't provide loaners...even nissan gives us free rental.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:00 PM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
That may be, but there's no way I'm giving my business to a dealership that's just out to take as much money as it can from its community. Concord earned my business in every way. East Bay treated me like they were doing me a favor by even talking to me.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
maximus96
3rd Gear
All of the 5 local dealerships, including the one in Sac, were out to make as much as they can. They all told me its MSRP + markup. I originally planned to go thru Concord because of their "low" markup of $995. Jason at Concord started bad mouthing EastBay after I told them I was going to order thru EB. He went on and on about how bad it is at EB, how they tack on extra accessories at inflated prices and this and that. my experience at EB was perfect fine, no pressure, just straight MSRP.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Wow, I think I finally found an advantage to living in Nebraska! Local MINI dealer is great, MSRP, no BS, and pretty quick to get on the production schedule, even for a Clubman.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Yea! I can finally post here!

Hi. Week 36er also. After reading what you guys in CA wrote, I'm really glad I live in Atlanta. I e-mailed my MINI from the configurator to my MA and she ordered it and sold it to me for that price plus tax and tags.

Pepper white Clubman, Silver roof & c-pillars, manual, Tuscan beige leather, sport seats, English oak interior and Multi-wheel, Premium package with panoramic sunroof, comfort access.

Can't wait!

Old 08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Sweet configuration, napria. Very posh!

Old 08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tancred
Sweet configuration, napria. Very posh!

Thank you for saying that. I'm second guessing everything!

Anyone else change their mind (about configuration) then change it back a million times while waiting for their baby to be built?

Old 08-08-2008, 02:32 PM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
All of the 5 local dealerships, including the one in Sac, were out to make as much as they can. They all told me its MSRP + markup. I originally planned to go thru Concord because of their "low" markup of $995. Jason at Concord started bad mouthing EastBay after I told them I was going to order thru EB. He went on and on about how bad it is at EB, how they tack on extra accessories at inflated prices and this and that. my experience at EB was perfect fine, no pressure, just straight MSRP.
Markup was never even mentioned in any conversations I had with Concord. They made it clear they wanted to build a relationship with me rather than take a few hunderd extra dollars up front. I never felt that at East Bay. I'm glad you had a good experience with East Bay. I did not and, as a result, will not give them any of my business. I'm sure they won't miss it.

Cheers!

Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
MiniLaser
Neutral
Laser MCS!!!

I just found out that I'm in week 36!!! Awesome! It's felt like I've been waiting forever already! Another 2 months or so is gonna kill me!!!

BTW - Anyone else getting white wheels and wondering about how to keep 'em clean? I think it'll look awesome, but I don't want to be out there everyday with a toothbrush and soap...

Old 08-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
If you got the white wheels I think you got, they have a smooth surface on them, so dirt doesn't stick too terribly bad I don't think. But brake dust will. Just rinse them off on the weekends. It doesn't take long to knock it all off.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:23 AM
aliasrlm
1st Gear
Originally Posted by napria
Thank you for saying that. I'm second guessing everything!

Anyone else change their mind (about configuration) then change it back a million times while waiting for their baby to be built?
OMG, yes. I went back and forth a zillion times, especially about wheels. I know this is bad to say, but at first I really didn't care about the wheels. My boyfriend, though, convinced me it was worth it to upgrade 'em. So I got the 16" bridge spoke ones. I think I'll like those much better than the standard ones...but really....I'm just super excited to get my baby!

I love the fact that MINIs have so many customizable features...but it's difficult for a girl who has a hard enough time deciding what to get for lunch.

I ended up with 09 Cooper with the 16" bridge spoke wheels, Lightning Blue w/white top and mirrors, convenience package, performance package and cold weather package...plus fog lights. Pretty basic compared to what most people get, I'm guessing.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is my third Mini. I thought I knew what I wanted and wouldn't get particularly excited in anticipation of it's arrival. Wrong! Buried in the process, I too have made a number of changes since ordering a laser blue/white S.....adding the premium package, center arm rest, anthracite headliner, rear fogs and LSD while deleting several features as well. It's all just part of the process.

Last edited by Herby74; 08-09-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:50 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Yes, it really is different (and more stressful!) custom ordering every little thing rather than taking whatever configuration is sitting there on the lot. My biggest issue had to do with color. I've always wanted red, but never had a car that would look good in red -- that or I let people talk me out of it. You know, the "oh, no, you need a more professional/practical/adult/whatever color" bit. I went back and forth I don't know how many times between CR, LiB, MY, PW, SS, and BRG, and even toyed with AB before I ordered. When I did order, I thought, well, the main thing is that I'm in line for production now, I still have time to change the color if I chicken out of CR. For two weeks after that, at least once a day I had moments of "what am I doing? CR?? I'm not a kid anymore!" But then I'd look at pictures of CRs and other colors, and I knew that's what I really, really wanted. This is going to be my MINI the way I want it!

Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
Good for you tancred! A red '95 Acura Integra GSR was my midlife crisismobile and I'm glad I had the experience.

Now, for a prediction...... As a result of the August factory slowdown, there will be fewer Mini's waiting to be shipped across the pond, inspected at the VDC and transported to the dealer. Mine will also need installation of a JCW kit at Mini of the Main Line, as well as a short shifter and rear sway bar at Helix Motorsports.

So........I predict that I will be driving my '09 out of the dealership no later than Friday, Oct. 3 in plenty of time to take it's first motoring trip on Oct. 18 to State College, PA for the Penn State-Michigan football game.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:45 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Hey, who said anything about a midlife crisis?

Old 08-09-2008, 01:50 PM
napria
2nd Gear
I really, really love the color red, especially the Nightfire red. I had originally configured my MCC to be that color, but my husband talked me out of it, saying that the Tuscan beige leather interior would clash with it. The interior was non-negotiable. I live in a hot climate and will not EVER have black/dark color seats!

Anyway, he also said that with the $500 I'd be saving I could get the comfort access system. So I agreed and went with PW and the comfort access.

So I think about the PW/S/S and the Tuscan beige/wood/cream line interior and go between thinking it's going to be hands-down the best looking MCC the factory has ever built and thinking OMG what have I done! PW/S/S is going to clash!

Old 08-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
Red is fun no matter what stage of life you're in. Enjoy!

By the way....when I have been in San Francisco visiting my three grandkids I've always been amazed at the number of Mini's in and around Castro Valley and Noe Valley. Too bad I haven't gotten there in the last couple of years since they moved north to Lafayette. Are you Castro Valley residents planning to attend the Magical Mini Mystery Tour in September?

Last edited by Herby74; 08-09-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:18 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
how do you find out week number?

I have my production number and was told by my MA that it would be a mid Sept build and would be delivered mid October.

How did you guys get your week number? Does it show up it the owners lounge or did you get it from your MA?

Old 08-10-2008, 11:21 AM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
I have my production number and was told by my MA that it would be a mid Sept build and would be delivered mid October.

How did you guys get your week number? Does it show up it the owners lounge or did you get it from your MA?
Once I had my production number I called 1-866-ASK-MINI and gave it to them and asked when my car would start being built. The nice man said it would be week 36, which is the first week in September.

Good luck and let us know what production week you are!

Old 08-10-2008, 11:24 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Your MA should be able to tell you, or call 866-ASK-MINI between 9 AM & 9 PM and speak to a person in Customer Relations (as opposed to using the automated system).

Quick Reply: Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group