1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maximus96
can anybody with the comfort access help me with a question? i tried to program the lock/unlock to flash lights and beep like it shows in the manual. but my options are only lights, or off, nothing about beeps.
Do you have the factory alarm? I think you need that to get the locking beeps.

-C

Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniScouter
Any other week 36ers having problem with delivery of their Clubman?
My clubman was produced on 9/1, shipped on 9/6, arrived at the Charleston SC VDC on 9/19 and apparently is still there. I am getting some explanation about a delay releasing the 2009 Clubman due to EPA testing.

Through the various posts I know most of you have picked up your babies.
The only thing I can think of is that there was damage they are repairing.
No further info from my MA.

Anyone else experiencing delays like this?
EPA tests were compleated 9/25 in NY cant believe that they are doing that in every port no reason for it, especially since NY and CA have the highest emission standards. It took about a week for EPA testing. You should be getting your car this week. They have to tell you about any damage.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
They only have to tell you about damage over a certain dollar amount (like $2000 or something), otherwise they just fix it and move on.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:59 AM
rjb5
1st Gear
Any other week 36ers having problem with delivery of their Clubman? ... Anyone else experiencing delays like this?
I was on the same boat as you, and now am figuratively in the same boat as you --- stilling eagerly awaiting my Clubman. I've been told it left Charleston last week. The Owner's Lounge, under the Review Order Details, shows an estimated delivery date of 10/5; I assume that means delivery to the dealer. Last week, my dealer told me that I can likely pick it up next Tues or Weds 10/14 or 15. Another long week....

Old 10-07-2008, 06:50 AM
MiniScouter
Neutral
Clubman delivery delay

Thanks Mr Ray and jakeryanitc for your reply! I don't know why we're being delayed.

Rjb5, I am in Minneapolis also, and at least its good to hear that I am not alone in this delay. As of late last week, My MA said the babies were still at the VDC, but you indicated that there are on a truck? When I sign into the owner's lounge it says it is still at the VDC - I know that status can be way out of date.

Did your MA tell you what the delay was?

Old 10-07-2008, 07:37 AM
tancred
4th Gear
MiniScout and rjb5, did either of you order the anthracite headliner, which ended up being left out of Week 36 through 38 Clubmen? If so, that could be causing a delay at the VDC.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 AM
MiniScouter
Neutral
Clubman delay - Anthracite headliner

Tancred,

A friend of mine and I ordered our Clubmans on the same day from the Minneapolis dealer, but neither have the Anthracite headliner.

Need I ask how thrilled you are with your Clubman. It's great looking with the red and the piano black! Have you found any modifications that you are planning to make to tweak your baby?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:16 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Thought I'd ask about the headliner, just in case. Oh, am I ever thrilled with my Clubman! I put about 400 miles on it in 3 days, putting it through its paces. Such fun! I've gotten lots of compliments on the interior, which makes me feel better about springing for it! As I have a base Clubman, I'm not sure I'll be doing any performance mods (right now they'd be wasted on me), but I am going for bling. After the headliner is replaced, I'm installing a Whalen **** and red/black shift boots, and a little later tossing in some red/black Cocomats. When I get some cash again I'll also get some new wheels.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:55 AM
MiniScouter
Neutral
Tancred,
Cocomats will look great with the red/black. I ordered a set of the front & rear last month and hope they arrive by the time my baby comes. Any other interior improvements you would recommend?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 AM
whoapower
2nd Gear
Difficult schedules, so I've pushed to pick it up later today. Gotta drive an hour or so down South to pick it up.

AB/AB with aero kit, LSD, sport suspension, and lots o' goodies ya know. I'll post up some pictures to my flickr account upon arrival.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
OL show mine scheduled for delivery . I've had it for a week. There are currently parts shortages thats why some of the cars have come in with wrong headliners and interriors. The factory dosent inform the dealer and just goes and builds the car.

Last edited by Mr Ray; 10-08-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:13 AM
joshpuetz
1st Gear
Took delivery of my Clubman S yesterday: it's fantastic! It's been so long since I test drove one (last March) that I forgot how small and nimble it is! I had ordered the anthracite headliner but it was not installed (see this thread). Also had a hole in one of the sport stripe stickers on my bonnet Thankfully, both are being resolved with a follow up visit later this month.

Pics!

Flickr set

Old 10-07-2008, 11:59 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Ooooooh (clap clap clap). Haven't seen the silver sport stripes on HC before -- fantastic! The interior is gorgeous. Very posh!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
When do you get the rest of your chrome interrior those speaker rings are suppose to be chrome along with the rear cupholder. BTW nice interrior looks just like mine, except I have the HC brake and shift. Do you have a chrome gas cap? Its missing on mine also.

Last edited by Mr Ray; 10-07-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:08 PM
mesomini
1st Gear
Josh-

Sssweeeeet ride. Thanks for posting! Love the color combo on the outside & inside is to die for.

Misti

Old 10-07-2008, 01:23 PM
joshpuetz
1st Gear
Mr Ray-

The speaker rings and cup holder rings are chrome, they just didn't come through very well in the picture I took. I do have a chrome gas cap as well. From what I remember reading, there has been a lot of inconsistency on which parts are included in the interior chrome line package. Hell, there's been a lot of inconsistency on everybody's options in general

Old 10-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by joshpuetz
Mr Ray-

The speaker rings and cup holder rings are chrome, they just didn't come through very well in the picture I took. I do have a chrome gas cap as well. From what I remember reading, there has been a lot of inconsistency on which parts are included in the interior chrome line package. Hell, there's been a lot of inconsistency on everybody's options in general
Great the bottom one looks black in the pic. Took me a day to figure out that it wasnt a reflection off the piano black and that mine were black Are the one's in the rear chrome also or just the one under the arm rest.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:03 PM
joshpuetz
1st Gear
Mr Ray-

Actually, now that I look, only my front cup holders are chrome rimmed. Neither the cupholders in the back seat or the cupholder under the arm rest are chromed rimmed. I wasn't under the impression they would be..hmm!

Old 10-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by joshpuetz
Mr Ray-

Actually, now that I look, only my front cup holders are chrome rimmed. Neither the cupholders in the back seat or the cupholder under the arm rest are chromed rimmed. I wasn't under the impression they would be..hmm!
Ive never seen the back seat ones but the one under the arm rest does exsist and it states in in the config system description. They should be able order it for you.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:58 PM
whoapower
2nd Gear
Cross posting with the Astro Black owners group.

Picked it up today. =) Clocked in about 140 miles, and only one stop from the highway patrol. Got off with just a warning.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
rjb5
1st Gear
...Rjb5, I am in Minneapolis also, and at least its good to hear that I am not alone in this delay. As of late last week, My MA said the babies were still at the VDC, but you indicated that there are on a truck? When I sign into the owner's lounge it says it is still at the VDC - I know that status can be way out of date. Did your MA tell you what the delay was?
No, they just told me it had been released to a carrier and was on the truck; I think it was Thursday that she called.

The only dealer option I'm getting is the clear-shield, but they also said they are getting about 30 cars in nearly at once, so it will take some time to prep them all. She said that although it's possible it would be this week, it would likely be next Tuesday or Wednesday before I can pick it up.

After reading all the stories, I just hope they got my options right. For as much as I'm paying and as long as I've waited, I want what I ordered!

Good luck getting yours soon!

Originally Posted by tancred
MiniScout and rjb5, did either of you order the anthracite headliner, which ended up being left out of Week 36 through 38 Clubmen? If so, that could be causing a delay at the VDC.
Nope, no anthracite. It shipped from the factory on 9/6, then spent a while on the docks of Southampton, and then apparently again on the docks at Charlestown. I hope this doesn't mean my Clubman likes to loaf around with the ne'er-do-wells down by at the docks....

Old 10-08-2008, 07:06 AM
MiniScouter
Neutral
I hope they get the options right also. Gretchen is my MA, but she is gone this week. I agree that it will probably be mid next week for delivery due to the prep time of the cars. In addition to the front clear-shield, I added clear sheild to the ledge at the boot to protect that area from scratching.
I would still like to know what the delay has been. Many week 36ers have had their cars for a couple of weeks.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:28 AM
ppurcell
1st Gear
I picked up my Astro Black / Silver / Silver Clubman S on Monday morning. Only about 110 miles so far and 80 of those were this morning when I woke up at 4:00AM and couldn't sleep and decided to go for a drive.

Stock interior, 6 speed, LSD, Convenience, Premium, Cold Weather packages.

My favorite feature: The Sport Button E.g. the 'go-fast' button.

Last edited by ppurcell; 10-08-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:52 PM
elegantmini
2nd Gear
Oh, Oh, Oh!

Left the house at 5 AM yesterday (had a ride from a neighbor who works in Boston), took delivery, and was back on the road to Maine with my new baby by 10 AM. What a car! Rock solid on the interstate, no problem running with the tractor trailers. Got home tired but excited and then drove around for a couple of hours on local roads just for the sheer pleasure of it. Saw several MINIs on the way back and most waved (one exuberant driver thrust most of his upper body out the window to salute us!) and on route 295, in the heart of Portland, Maine a HC Clubman came flying from behind honking and waving! Thanks to all of you for helping me to survive the long wait, it's been worth it.

Attached Thumbnails Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group-pa070117.jpg   Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group-pa070119.jpg  
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by elegantmini
Left the house at 5 AM yesterday (had a ride from a neighbor who works in Boston), took delivery, and was back on the road to Maine with my new baby by 10 AM. What a car! Rock solid on the interstate, no problem running with the tractor trailers. Got home tired but excited and then drove around for a couple of hours on local roads just for the sheer pleasure of it. Saw several MINIs on the way back and most waved (one exuberant driver thrust most of his upper body out the window to salute us!) and on route 295, in the heart of Portland, Maine a HC Clubman came flying from behind honking and waving! Thanks to all of you for helping me to survive the long wait, it's been worth it.
Congrats elegantmini! Sounds like you are having a great time. Can't wait to experience the same. Just 2 more weeks. Our Hermione should be home by then.

Quick Reply: Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group