1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:39 AM
napria
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tancred
Your MA should be able to tell you, or call 866-ASK-MINI between 9 AM & 9 PM and speak to a person in Customer Relations (as opposed to using the automated system).
My MA is sooooo new, she didn't even know that it was possible to get a production week number for when the car would start to be built! I called her about something else after I got my production week and mentioned during the call that I found out Bianca would be built week 36 and she said, "so what does that mean?"

Last edited by napria; 08-10-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-11-2008, 08:17 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by napria
Once I had my production number I called 1-866-ASK-MINI and gave it to them and asked when my car would start being built. The nice man said it would be week 36, which is the first week in September.

Good luck and let us know what production week you are!
Thanks for the info, I thought I needed the week number before I could call them, didn't realize they could give it to me!

I called this morning and they aren't sure at this point whether I'll be week 36 or 37. They told me to check back later on in the week and they will have a better idea.

I haven't seen a week 37 thread started yet so if you guys don't mind, I'll hang out here in week 36 and keep my fingers crossed for one week earlier

Let the wait begin!

Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 AM
MINIMotorMouth
1st Gear
Ask MINI says: At this point I am week 36! Not sure if that means it will change in the future--but I'm enjoying the fact that is sooner than my MA originally predicted--which was OCTOBER with NOV, Delivery. I'll enjoy my red MINI until MY MINI shows up!

Old 08-11-2008, 11:05 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Welcome to Week 36! Ooooh, another MY/B. What a cool combination. I noticed the "undecided color line"; why did they get rid of the MY option? I test drove a MY Cooper with MY/b&w checkered, and it was hot!

Old 08-11-2008, 11:22 AM
MINIMotorMouth
1st Gear
Thanks! I need to update my signature--I finally-for the moment--decided on a Dark Grey color line with interior surface fluid silver. I like the contrast on the interior door ovals. I am going to add checkered mirrors at the dealer. Can't wait--although I love my CR/W MINI!

Old 08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
middleAgeMiniFan
1st Gear
OK, I'll join the party! Week 36 - ordered MC pepper white w/ black top on 28 July from my local dealer in Irvine. Included sunroof, iPod/bluetooth, cruise w/ wood steering wheel, sports seats, fog lights, white turn signals and the anthracite black interior roof.

Been looking over the 3rd party sites and plan to add the checkerboard rear mirror cover and side mirror covers, mud flaps, center arm rest, glove compartment organizer, car mats and an "Actual Size" sticker to boot!

Does anyone want to buy a '91 Mercury Villager van with +145,000 miles?

Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Hello all,

I'm also slated for a week 36 production! I ordered from Mini of the Main Line here in Philly, just like Herbie74!

Herbie, you think the end of September? My MA, Mark, told me "12 weeks" from the day I ordered... which would put the delivery date around October 11th. I certainly hope your estimate is correct, and I can see why Mark would make a conservative estimate - so I'm not calling him every day saying "where the heck is it?"

Also, Mini of the Main Line does not mark up, to my knowledge. Mark told me "you go to the website, spec it out, and send us the order. Then that's what you pay."

I ordered:
MCSa AB/B Premium Package, Cold weather Package, Antharcite headliner, Leatherette, Hifi, Armrest, Rear fogs, Alarm system

Happy to be aboard!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at week 29. Once production was finished, it took 19-21 days for delivery to the East coast and Midwest.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:30 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Good to see I'm not the only one lurking in other weeks' threads. I'm getting a sense of the process (not to mention the zaniness) from them. The Aida thread is also cool, with pix of her going through the Panama Canal.

Ordered the stubby antenna today. Looking at detailing products. Thinking about how to reorganize the nursery, uh, garage, since I'll have so much more room with the MINI. This is bad. But fun.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:47 PM
RussKeys
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
I didn't order through East Bay. I went to MINI of Concord and got it for under MSRP. I don't play the mark-up game. As soon as I saw it, I was outta there. Probably won't even use them for service. I have no tolerance for that BS.

-C
You won't be sorry ordering through Concord although I was sad to hear that they were even charging a mark-up recently. My MA was Mari. I ordered from them back in March before the $4.00 per gallon gas prices and there wasn't any talk of mark-up. In fact Mari bragged about the fact that they only charged MSRP + tax and license. I financed my car through Pen-Fed and handed them my down payment and loan check at delivery with no problems.

Overall, the treatment I received when placing the order, during the 8 week wait for my car, at delivery, and for the few times I've taken it to service for warranty issues has been first class. At least in my experience they are very customer service oriented. They also provide really nice BMW loaners if they keep your car for more than one day.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 PM
QantasPilot
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
A 2009 MINI Cooper S, British Racing Green with matching roof and mirrors, Factory Aero Kit, Leather Gravity Tuscan Beige Interior, English Oak Interior Surface and MFSW, Limited Slip Differential, Sport Suspension, Comfort Access System, Xenon Headlights with Premium and Cold Weather Packages.

Especially with East Bay's $2000 mark-up. I'm in Palomares Hills, also.

ok, so you're the first i've seen with the Sport Package... I ordered the same as well but they said it takes a lot longer just because of the package?... has your MA told you the same as mine or am I being screwed?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM
QantasPilot
1st Gear
wait, i just re-read it, and it seems you only got the sport suspension, not the whole package, so you might not know... or do you still?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 PM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by QantasPilot
wait, i just re-read it, and it seems you only got the sport suspension, not the whole package, so you might not know... or do you still?
That's correct. I just got the sport suspension which has thicker sway bars. I know what I've read on miniusa.com. The Sport Package with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) will not be available until December 2008. The rest of the items included in the package are available separately right now either through the factory or your dealer if you want them.

Cheers,
Chris

Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 AM
QantasPilot
1st Gear
Great, thanks Chris.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Herby74
Look at week 29. Once production was finished, it took 19-21 days for delivery to the East coast and Midwest.
So, you think we'll have our cars by the 4th of October? That would be awesome.

Hey Herby, will our cars be ULEV II certified like the cars in NY and Cali? Do you know? I think they sell both California certified cars and NOT California certified cars in PA...at least VW does. But when I enter "Pennsylvania" in to fueleconomy.gov, I get the ULEV II (the more strict emission cert) rather then BIN 5 (less strict emission cert).

Old 08-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Snowfarmer
1st Gear
Woo! Confirmed build date of week 36 =D.

British Racing Green, black roof/mirrors/bonnet stripes, leatherette, anthracite headliner, piano black, clear turn signals, hifi radio option, usb/bluetooth, rear fogs, MFSW, cold weather package, LSD.

As for delivery, my MA claimed a delivery of mid to late October (Denver, CO).

Glad to see so many others here with week 36 builds =).

Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Yes, there are 19 of us now. Is #20 out there?? Very nice configuration with the BRG!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a member in Week 31 whose Mini finished production on 7/30 and made it to the dealer in VA by 8/13.....only 15 days. Unbelievable! That's a string of events playing out to perfection.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Wow! Forget about DTC or LSD, MINI has figured out how to navigate foldspace! Or are they now using hovercraft?

Hey, come to think of it -- maybe QantasPilot can help us. Any routes across the Atlantic?

Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 PM
snowcap_millie
2nd Gear
36er here! Am I #20? I'm so happy to finally be "legit."

Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Yes! Finally an SS in the group. I was this close to going with SS/B. When I told a friend that I was torn between the "feisty" CR and the "classy" SS, he said, "well, you certainly are feisty." Later I began to wonder whether I'd been insulted -- what, I'm not classy, too?

Old 08-15-2008, 07:55 AM
ycatskissel
Neutral
Awaiting my new inverse Mini

I just found out I'm scheduled for week 36.
I wasn't even planning on getting a new Mini, but my husband drove my '06 for 2 weeks while I was out of town, and when I returned he refused to give it up. He declared that it was his car and I had to buy my own Mini! So now I'm driving his Honda while I'm waiting for my baby to get here. The '06 was pepper white w/ a black roof and stripes. I ordered black w/ a white roof and stripes. It's not quite inverse - too bad I couldn't get a pepper white roof and stripes!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 AM
snowcap_millie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tancred
Yes! Finally an SS in the group. I was this close to going with SS/B. When I told a friend that I was torn between the "feisty" CR and the "classy" SS, he said, "well, you certainly are feisty." Later I began to wonder whether I'd been insulted -- what, I'm not classy, too?
MINIs are just plain classy! I was flip flopping between a PW/B and the SS/B, but the SS/B won out. I'll get the PW/B next time! I'd say the SS is more passive aggressive in a good way! You may not see it right out, but it's still got that MINI spirit...the feistiness is still there. Go Feisties!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Ron H
2nd Gear
Another week 36 here. I have a CR with black JCW on order.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Week 33 is almost over!

Week 34 is on the horizon... I wonder how the Brits are enjoying their holidays?

From what I've read, it's more problems with models built before August then after August. I guess they're all fresh from training classes after the holiday. So, fewer production flaws, perhaps?

Let's just hope there aren't any design flaws...

Quick Reply: Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group