1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 10:42 AM
maximus96
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't think there should be any design flaws since there is not much design update from the previous two years. its usually the first year in a new model that is full of bugs and kinks. hopefully by the third year everything is ironed out and maybe even subtle improvements or enhancements. let hope the workers are fresh and rejuvenated from their vacation, and don't have the typical first-monday-after-long-vacation attitude.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:48 PM
deepcscuba
1st Gear
Count me in the week 36 club! I live in Denver, and ordered from Ralph Schomp Mini. MA was Lance W. We are replacing our 1994 Toyota Corolla with 200k miles. Will it be as fun to drive as our Corolla was? Snore...

I am glad I found a place to wait it out with all of you!

Jay

Old 08-15-2008, 02:53 PM
07PepperS
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any major changes for 2009?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:16 PM
rjb5
1st Gear
Me too!

Just found out that I'm scheduled for Week 36 too, with my MA guessing delivery in early October.

Rick.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:18 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Anyone else here order from Global Imports in Atlanta?

Old 08-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 07PepperS
any major changes for 2009?
No major changes that I'm aware of, except for the addition of "Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)," which won't be available until December anyway.

I'm just hoping that they fixed the sunroof problem and the hoodscoop melting problem!

Old 08-18-2008, 10:41 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Hey guys, only two weeks until production begins! Are we excited yet?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
MiniCS
2nd Gear
I just got an Vehicle Inquiry Report from my MA. It' shows order status as 112. This is just 1 step prior to production!!!

This is the last chance to make any changes and/or confirm your order. I had made some changes to my order and not all the changes made it into the system for one reason or another. So make sure you confirm with your MA before it's too late.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:05 PM
zarote
2nd Gear
Me too, I just found out I'm week 36. I've been in a rental since Aug 9th. I hope my Mini comes in by the end of Sept.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 PM
MINIMotorMouth
1st Gear
Yippee! I also got my Vehicle inquiry report from my MA! Status 112 and Port Location NYCPOA. Now maybe the interest rates will go down before I have to get my loan!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Ron H
2nd Gear
Today my MA told me a few orders placed earlier in the week I ordered mine, all week 36, have moved to production today. If you have any changes to make you are just about out of time.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniCS
I just got an Vehicle Inquiry Report from my MA. It' shows order status as 112. This is just 1 step prior to production!!!
:resists impulse to call MA or ASK-MINI to check own status:

Originally Posted by MINIMotorMouth
Yippee! I also got my Vehicle inquiry report from my MA! Status 112 and Port Location NYCPOA.
:Inner voice -- No, no, be patient!! Call in a few days. No need to get all excited just because others are in 112 status. It'll come. Put down the phone.:

Originally Posted by Ron H
Today my MA told me a few orders placed earlier in the week I ordered mine, all week 36, have moved to production today.
:That danged voice again -- OMG OMG OMG! Gotta call!! But it's too late to speak to a person! Ack, why didn't I call earlier? Could it be possible that we get bumped up too?? This is just what I was hoping would happen!!: :now knows this is going to be a very long night:

Seriously, Ron, congrats! With any luck some of us will be there too!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:14 PM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
Somebody on the Owner's Lounge originally scheduled for week 36 was just told today that hers was scheduled for production. She called ASK MINI to see if there was a specific date and they then told her she had been bumped to week 38.

I give up. I'm so disillusioned with MINI. When it's in, it's in. Until then, my sportbikes will do just fine.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 PM
snowcap_millie
2nd Gear
I just called Ask MINI (for the first time)... knowing full-well that no one was there to take my call...the robot-man-voice told me nothing ("...your MINI is currently on order...and awaitng a production date...")... so I emailed my MA and warned him of the impending onslaught of requests for status emails... my MA told me week 36 but I would love to see it listed on the OL.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:34 AM
DSMCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
Somebody on the Owner's Lounge originally scheduled for week 36 was just told today that hers was scheduled for production. She called ASK MINI to see if there was a specific date and they then told her she had been bumped to week 38.

I give up. I'm so disillusioned with MINI. When it's in, it's in. Until then, my sportbikes will do just fine.
Just called Ask MINI here also.. My order is still scheduled for week 36. We placed the order on 7/26 so I'm guessing all orders placed around that time should still be on schedule?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Ender_Will
1st Gear
Latecomer to the Week 36 party here! I finally had a chance to call Ask-MINI this morning and got the news! OL is still showing "on order," and I'm getting a little tired of seeing that, so hearing that progress is being made is great. Anyone know what port is used for Austin?

BRG/B MCS w/bonnet stripes, anthracite, hifi, MFSW, LSD, brushed alloy, rear fogs, xenons

Old 08-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DSMCS
Just called Ask MINI here also.. My order is still scheduled for week 36. We placed the order on 7/26 so I'm guessing all orders placed around that time should still be on schedule?
I placed my order on 7/24 with my MA... I have not heard anything yet, but a lot depends on the dealership you ordered from. As I understand it, each dealership owns a position in the production line, which they then sell to you. I think it's kind of like the NBA draft, where San Antonio has the first pick, then Richmond VA might have the second pick, and Philadelphia has the third pick, etc. So, if there were orders placed earlier then yours at your dealer, it make take longer then another ordered placed at a different dealer at the same time.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:39 AM
zarote
2nd Gear
I'm SO confused

Old 08-19-2008, 09:09 AM
DSMCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Engender
I placed my order on 7/24 with my MA... I have not heard anything yet, but a lot depends on the dealership you ordered from. As I understand it, each dealership owns a position in the production line, which they then sell to you. I think it's kind of like the NBA draft, where San Antonio has the first pick, then Richmond VA might have the second pick, and Philadelphia has the third pick, etc. So, if there were orders placed earlier then yours at your dealer, it make take longer then another ordered placed at a different dealer at the same time.
Good point!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:41 AM
MiniCS
2nd Gear
I believe each dealership has ranking (probably based on region and sales), then slots are assigned to the dealerships based on the ranking. The number of slots are based on models. My dealer was assigned 12 slots for the first batch of 2009 MCS at the end of July. I was #12 at my dealer . So, if you got your production number before Aug. you should be in the first cycle.

Now the fun part is that each cycle *may* span multiple production weeks b/c I seriously doubt the dealer can sell 12 MCS per week (they probably could, but not sustained). My guess is that the slot assignment is probably for the month. So ultimately the production week may vary based on your dealership's slot assignment and how soon they submit the order to factory.

To make things more interesting, ships across the pond may wait to have a full belly. ie, they have their own schedule, they may carry multiple production weeks of Minis (or other vehicles). So, this is the "equalizer" regardless of your production week.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 AM
whoapower
2nd Gear
Confirmed for week 36!

Old 08-19-2008, 02:59 PM
CK
1st Gear
Just called Ask Mini and I'm also for week 36! She said some for that week have started production already, which is odd as I thought the plant was shut down -- according to her, Mini wanted to start early. Putting that aside, anyone know how long it typically takes to reach the Bay Area? Now I know what others went through during their waits. It's tough!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:22 PM
CK
1st Gear
Just confirmed with Ask Mini -- I'm also a week 36. They said they are actually going to start production a bit earlier than normal given the demand. Either way, for those on the West Coast, what did they say in terms of when you could expect to go pick up your new car?

Old 08-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Engender
3rd Gear
I just spoke with someone at ASK MINI, and it looks like some of the week 36ers did get pushed up and some got pushed back. I am still on track for week 36... according to the rep on the phone, some people got pushed up probably due to their options. I saw posters that reported being pushed up who ordered a JCW, MC, and MCSa... and the MCSa was pretty close to the one I ordered so I'm not seeing the rhyme or reason to it, but...

The up side, perhaps, is that I think they are going to fill those boats up pretty fast - as it seems they've sold out week 36 for the most part. How many cars can the boats handle? How many can they make a week? 700? I guess not all of those are headed for the States...

Old 08-19-2008, 03:26 PM
maximus96
3rd Gear
i was told by a rep from AskMini that it will be about 4 weeks after production to get to bay area CA...sadly mine still shows as "on order"

Quick Reply: Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group