1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:06 AM
Cally95
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When would you guys estimate the Elektra arriving on the east coast? Specifically the port in Baltimore, (I think there is 1 in Baltimore)

Thanks,

Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 AM
kewlby
3rd Gear
Just got off the phone with ASK-MINI for my weekly update.

Sparky is in production now and is scheduled to be completed 9/3. Hopefully, Sparky will be on the Elektra, travelling across the pond with some of your MINIs. ETA for the west coast is the first week of October, according to the customer relations agent.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:43 AM
zarote
2nd Gear
Got my VIN. Could not have planned it better if I tryed. My car will be completed on my birthday 09/03. Now if I get it before the end of Sept. it would make my month. I still have to name my car, any suggestions????

Old 08-27-2008, 10:20 AM
WM3
2nd Gear
FINALLY found out I'm a week 36er as well!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
waynesot
Neutral
The Countdown Has Begun

Hi fellow week 36'rs

I just ordered my MCCS this past Monday and was told I was in week 36 for a mid-Oct delivery. The calendar is marked and I'm counting the weeks until she arrives.

2009 MCCS Details:

- Hot Chocolate w/blk roof & pillars
- Black Bonnet Stripes
- Prem, Conv & Cold Weather packages
- 6 speed Getrag Manual Trans
- Sports Suspension
- LSD
- Xenon Lights
- 17" 5-Star Pace rims w/All Seasons
- Hot Choc Leather/Cream White Color Line/English Oak
- Chrome Line Interior
- Alarm
- MFSW
- Hi-Fi Sound

I'm live in the Chicago area and haven't seen any MCCS' on the road so I will be one of the few out there with one

Wayne

Last edited by waynesot; 08-27-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:14 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by waynesot
Hi fellow week 36'rs

I just ordered my MCCS this past Monday and was told I was in week 36 for a mid-Oct delivery. The calendar is marked and I'm counting the weeks until she arrives.

2009 MCCS Details:

- Hot Chocolate w/blk roof & pillars
- Black Bonnet Stripes
- Prem, Conv & Cold Weather packages
- 6 speed Getrag Manual Trans
- Sports Suspension
- LSD
- Xenon Lights
- 17" 5-Star Pace rims w/All Seasons
- Hot Choc Leather/Cream White Color Line/English Oak
- Chrome Line Interior
- Alarm
- MFSW
- Hi-Fi Sound

I'm live in the Chicago area and haven't seen any MCCS' on the road so I will be one of the few out there with one

Wayne
Sorry to barge in, but how the heck did you get week 36 when you just ordered on Monday?! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled for you (really, truly ), but I just don't get how they do this. I was originally scheduled for week 36, but got bumped to week 37, and I ordered July 26th!

Grrrrrr

Old 08-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tancred
Thanks for the input, Mr Ray and eurotrash01. My MA is off on Tuesdays, so I'll pester him tomorrow. So far no VIN in the OL or with live ASK-MINI folk; maybe the MA has it. They are still calling mine a Week 36 build, so maybe we'll start the end of the week. Fingers crossed and thumbs pressed!

Anyway, how are you guys progressing? Are you looking at shipping schedules yet? Are you driving the ASK-MINI folks crazy with your incessant calls? Details, guys, details!
Hey tancred
Have you beaten you MA in to submission and gotten a VIN and build date out of him yet? Figured you would have called him @ 9:01am this morning.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by napria
Sorry to barge in, but how the heck did you get week 36 when you just ordered on Monday?! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled for you (really, truly ), but I just don't get how they do this. I was originally scheduled for week 36, but got bumped to week 37, and I ordered July 26th!

Grrrrrr
If you only picked Hot choclet in stead of pepper white LOL Lets just hope they dont run out of english oak before week 37.

Look at it this way they will have a whole week of practice getting the '09's just right!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:37 PM
waynesot
Neutral

Grrrrrr
Napria,

I'm just going by what my dealer/MA is telling me. They told me week 36 and right now I'm a code 112 (scheduled for production). They said production of my MCCS should start this Thurs or Friday. My MA said her manager was able to secure a priority spot which jumped me up in the process. Not sure how they did it, but glad they did. I just hope it wasn't me who bumped you...

I feel your pain, the wait is going to hard enough never mind if I ordered on July 26th. Hang in there, the wait will be worth it once your Mini is here

Old 08-27-2008, 03:39 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mr Ray
If you only picked Hot choclet in stead of pepper white LOL Lets just hope they dont run out of english oak before week 37.

Cruel, very cruel.

I've got nightmares that next time I call I'll find out that I've been bumped to week 38. Then week 39. Then 40.

Kind of Twilight Zone, huh?

And after seeing Lady Godiva's Hot Chocolate MCC, I really do wish I'd ordered that! Have you seen her pics? Her car is georgous!

Last edited by napria; 08-27-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:49 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by waynesot
Napria,

I'm just going by what my dealer/MA is telling me. They told me week 36 and right now I'm a code 112 (scheduled for production). They said production of my MCCS should start this Thurs or Friday. My MA said her manager was able to secure a priority spot which jumped me up in the process. Not sure how they did it, but glad they did. I just hope it wasn't me who bumped you...

I feel your pain, the wait is going to hard enough never mind if I ordered on July 26th. Hang in there, the wait will be worth it once your Mini is here
No worries, you didn't bump me. I found out Friday that I'd been bumped, so it was someone else . What dealer did you order from? It seems that the bigger the volume a dealer does, the more priority they have in production.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:12 PM
waynesot
Neutral
No worries, you didn't bump me. I found out Friday that I'd been bumped, so it was someone else . What dealer did you order from? It seems that the bigger the volume a dealer does, the more priority they have in production.
Napria,

Yes, I have seen the pics of Lady Godiva's MCC. It's beautiful, I just hope mine looks just as nice.

As for the dealer, I bought mine from Knauz in Lake Bluff, IL. They are outside of Chicago in the north suburbs. I know they do a lot of volume with BMW's so I'm sure it's the same with the Mini's.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Cruel, very cruel.

I've got nightmares that next time I call I'll find out that I've been bumped to week 38. Then week 39. Then 40.

And after seeing Lady Godiva's Hot Chocolate MCC, I really do wish I'd ordered that! Have you seen her pics? Her car is georgous!
Yes wish I had seen her pic's before I ordered mine. My interrior is HC Unfortunatly I can't get the HC wheel with out giving up the paddle shifters on the auto trans.and can't get the wood wheel with the NAV system. Did not initally want to go with the lighter interrior because I have that on my surburban and the seats are hard to keep clean from the dye in my jeans and leather jacket.

BTW I do like the Pepper White its just that here with all the pollution white is extreamly hard to keep clean especially with our acid rain.

Hey if you get built on the 7th your mini might be able to catch that boat on the 8th
If it werent for all the security Id be down at the VDC driving my car off the ship its closer than my dealer.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:09 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr Ray
Hey tancred
Have you beaten you MA in to submission and gotten a VIN and build date out of him yet? Figured you would have called him @ 9:01am this morning.
Well, he's bigger than me, so in the end I had to resort to whimpering. He didn't have any more info than anyone else. Herby74 and I seem to be caught in the same situation of a month with production numbers, and 2 weeks in "scheduled for production" status, but no confirmed build date. Elegantmini, what's up with yours?

I also called ASK-MINI today (just once, I swear!), and was put on hold to wait for a rep. Has anyone heard the music they play? It was groovy swinging '60s London stuff, complete with Hammond organ. Kinda silly, but at least it was better than the OL!

Last edited by tancred; 08-27-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Miki
2nd Gear

Grrrrrr
Cruel, very cruel.

Napria,
I so feel your pain. I ordered on June 28 which I think must have been the very day they ran out of 08s. I thought for sure I would be week 36, but no I'm hanging out in the week 37 waiting room. I'm PW too so maybe that's the reason. It is really exciting to hear the week 36 cars are up for production right now. I'll be checking the OL every day next week for sure!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Ron H
2nd Gear
My JCW got bumped back to week 37 when I checked today.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:05 AM
CK
1st Gear
Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason, I ordered mid-July still on "order status." Called ASK MINI a few times and they still claim week 36, but don't have any other new info. Been at this "order" status well over a month now.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CK
Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason, I ordered mid-July still on "order status." Called ASK MINI a few times and they still claim week 36, but don't have any other new info. Been at this "order" status well over a month now.
I'm in the same limbo as you, CK. I just checked on the Owner's Lounge (hey, it's 2 p.m. over there!) and still "on order." I've called them every day and they still keep telling me week 36. I'll call them in a few minutes again...

Technically, though, week 36 has not started yet. The ASK MINI rep told me yesterday you don't get a build date until your car has actually started being produced... so I'm hoping we're just seeing a bunch of lucky b***ards who are getting their week 36 cars started in week 35!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 AM
MINIMotorMouth
1st Gear
this is what I know from my ASK MINI phone calls. My car is in production with a scheduled completion date of 9/4. So I asked does this mean I am really in week 35 production? I was told no--your production week is the week it is actually completed. I don't have the current production code--was told only the dealer could give me that info. FYI I ordered MC on 7/22/08 and was originally told to expect completion late October with delivery in November. At the end of July the dealer pushed my MC into a MCS production slot and !voila! here I am in week 36! I am in Upstate NY so here's hoping the boat arrives late September. Good luck to all!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:41 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Engender
I'm in the same limbo as you, CK. I just checked on the Owner's Lounge (hey, it's 2 p.m. over there!) and still "on order." I've called them every day and they still keep telling me week 36. I'll call them in a few minutes again...

Technically, though, week 36 has not started yet. The ASK MINI rep told me yesterday you don't get a build date until your car has actually started being produced... so I'm hoping we're just seeing a bunch of lucky b***ards who are getting their week 36 cars started in week 35!
I had a build date 2 weeks ago 9/7 last week it was moved up 9/2.
The build date is the day your car is fully assembled and completed. Week 36 cars are started in week 35, that is the frame is built and painted. VIN # showed up 8/20 and moved to scheduled for production. Your MA should be able to get you more accurate info than ASK MINI.

The fact that some ordered back in late June and others in August for 2009 models, has to do with what was avalibale to the dealer you purchased from.
Its not a system of first come first served,but more of who sells the most cars and gets the bigger allocation and build slots.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIMotorMouth
this is what I know from my ASK MINI phone calls. My car is in production with a scheduled completion date of 9/4. At the end of July the dealer pushed my MC into a MCS production slot and !voila! here I am in week 36! I am in Upstate NY so here's hoping the boat arrives late September. Good luck to all!
Hey Im hoping we get on that boat by 9/8 or earlier. Im expecting to have my car by late september or by 10/7.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:37 AM
axelcrash
1st Gear
My MCCS is expected to be completed on 9/1 but it has been in the paint shop for the last 4 days. Mini is saying that they are having trouble with the system updating and I should call my MA because it may already be done.

I ordered mine June 25 and was given an arrival of sometime in October with stipulation that it may be an 08 or an 09. The MA couldnt tell me for sure till I had my production number. I hope my silver beauty can catch the first ship in September since they are raising the tax rate on cars in Delaware starting October 1.

Glad eveyone is getting as excited as I am for their new mini's my boyfriend just dosnt understand.

Last edited by axelcrash; 08-28-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:38 AM
elegantmini
2nd Gear
No change yet

tancred,

No change in status according to ASK-MINI yesterday. Interestingly, when I asked for the status code I was told the system has been upgraded so they no longer have that information. I had to ask--and how is this an upgrade?!

Also, apparently us expectant Clubman owners are waiting for a "batch run" so I'm hoping that will be good news for some in week 37 or 38 getting bumped up--rather than the other way around (sorry napria...)

Last edited by elegantmini; 08-28-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by axelcrash
Glad eveyone is getting as excited as I am for their new mini's my boyfriend just dosnt understand.
Dump him!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Browser_23
4th Gear
Just got off phone with AskMini. ordered my car 7/12/08. AskMini just told me I am a week 36'er with production to finish sometime the 2nd week of September so will probably see car middle to end of October depending on ship and VDC time.

Quick Reply: Week 36 Model Year 2009 Support Group