1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LordRybo
I'm not superstitious or anything, but having my new Clubbie sail on a ship named Integrity would not be a bad thing.
What port is yours going to? Could you wind up on the same boat? I'd prefer the Tombarra. No idea what it means, but I know it gets here two days quicker!

Old 09-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
Awesome!

It looks like the Integrity is leaving on the 11th too. Let's hope that is our backup. How many days are MINI's "in production"? 7? 8? And does anyone know how long it generally takes to get to Southhampton?
The Tracking Your MINI thread states that it is 8 days for production. ASK MINI told me that mine started production 9/24 and should be completed 9/30 so that is 6 or 7 days depending on how you count them.

The same thread says it's 36 hours once your car passes QA to Southhampton.

I'm going to start doing some comparison insurance shopping now. I just finished a certification test this morning (CPDT: Certified Pet Dog Trainer) and it feels *so* good to be finished with it. Studying was getting in the way of my MINI obsession, or was it the other way ...

Old 09-26-2008, 10:24 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
The Tracking Your MINI thread states that it is 8 days for production. ASK MINI told me that mine started production 9/24 and should be completed 9/30 so that is 6 or 7 days depending on how you count them.

The same thread says it's 36 hours once your car passes QA to Southhampton.

I'm going to start doing some comparison insurance shopping now. I just finished a certification test this morning (CPDT: Certified Pet Dog Trainer) and it feels *so* good to be finished with it. Studying was getting in the way of my MINI obsession, or was it the other way ...
Yeah, I checked out the week 38 forum and it sounds like people are getting done in as little as 5 days. It sounds like at the latest we should all be on a boat by the 11th.

At least you have something like CPDT to keep you occupied. I've just got work and MINI-tracking...

Old 09-28-2008, 09:41 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by desertmini21
I pass the time by going over to the dealership and driving one of their demos. The MA is definitely earning his commission from me.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:00 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Woo Hoo!

I just called ASK MINI, and my Clubbie is "In Production."

Old 09-29-2008, 07:16 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LordRybo
Woo Hoo!

I just called ASK MINI, and my Clubbie is "In Production."
Same here!

Mine started on Friday and should finish by this Friday (10/3). I even got the VIN already. It is a big day indeed!

How is everyone else's status?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:08 AM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
mine was started at 6:24 am this morning! the CSR said that they ask for your email and address information on case there are any recalls or notifications that need to be sent.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:43 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
mine was started at 6:24 am this morning! the CSR said that they ask for your email and address information on case there are any recalls or notifications that need to be sent.
Woohoo! I didn't know they could tell you the time.

Hey, I don't know why, but when I noticed your MINI wasn't named, I blurted out Herbie in my head. They say your MINI just sort of names itself. Maybe yours just told me it's name.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:31 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Congrats to you all!!!! You're kind of almost headed towards the home stretch - ish!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Cellardoor
2nd Gear
woot called today and was told my car started prod on sat!

-Hutch-

Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Congratulations for all those starting production!

I called this morning and mine was in the body shop (doesn't sound good for a new car, lol) and would enter the paint shop later today or tomorrow. Looks like I may be a little behind the Oct 1st finish date then, but no matter because the boat doesn't leave until the 13th so they can take their sweet time and triple check everything : ).

Doesn't it feel great to get the VIN! I went with PenFed and in under 30 minutes became a member and the loan was approved (was instant online). Looks like I'll be staying with my same insurance carrier as no one could touch the quote (quite a substantial difference!), so now I just need my car!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:03 PM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Woo Hoo!!! Just called, my MINI went into production at 7:00AM (Oxford time) on Saturday the 27th!!! Got my VIN too!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 01:17 PM
eprasad7
1st Gear
Mine is in production too. Estimated completed date on OCT 1st. Had to call my DA to make some last time changes with the color. Glad to know that, DA can actually make changes at the last minute so that the change will be accomodated. I am going for Yellow with Black Sport Stripes.

Anybody has any Idea as to how long does it take to get it here? I am in the East Coast(New Jersey)??? Rough Estimation..?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by eprasad7
Mine is in production too. Estimated completed date on OCT 1st. Had to call my DA to make some last time changes with the color. Glad to know that, DA can actually make changes at the last minute so that the change will be accomodated. I am going for Yellow with Black Sport Stripes.

Anybody has any Idea as to how long does it take to get it here? I am in the East Coast(New Jersey)??? Rough Estimation..?
Excellent choice!

You don't live too far from the port, so once it lands, you're probably only looking at a week tops. There's a boat coming in on the 13th (leaving on the 4th) and another one on the 17th (leaving on the 9th). You'll certainly be on one of those if your completion date is the 1st.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I checked the Online Lounge just for giggles and while it still doesn't show the car in production (as it actually is), it now at least shows the correct info in the details section. Nice to have that back. Is it showing up for other people now?

Old 09-30-2008, 05:20 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Mine is listing details again too. However, it's still listed as a 4 door sedan and it's missing a package in the list. I'm sure it's just a glitch though as it has been correct up until production started.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 AM
eprasad7
1st Gear
Excellent choice!

You don't live too far from the port, so once it lands, you're probably only looking at a week tops. There's a boat coming in on the 13th (leaving on the 4th) and another one on the 17th (leaving on the 9th). You'll certainly be on one of those if your completion date is the 1st.
Unfortunate. Finally DA has given me the bad news that they couldn't accomodate the color change and it is going to be my old color. I have left it too late I guess. The former color chillired with White sport stripes is also good, its just that After observing few on road, I thought Yellow is much Better. Anyways, I like em both.. :-)

Does anybody have the VIN listed in OL? Yes I see all my options today(with 4Dr Sedan though), but I still dont have the VIN Listed in OL. Does ASKMINI give the VIN if I call them now? Considering its already in Production??

Old 09-30-2008, 06:45 AM
edjd
2nd Gear
the details finally showed up today also for me, and looks alot better than before as far as my requested items not showing up, etc. It did not show my rear pillar color choice, so I called asked mini just to see if they could tell, but they said they can't, all they can do is just tell you the current state of production, etc.....

Unfortunately, I also found out that I have been moved to week 41 production. Might be a good thing I guess also, maybe congress will decide something on the economy, else it sounds like nobody will be able to receive car loans!!! LOL!
Anyways, hope to catch up with ya'll on the other side, hopefully we'll be writing about great things and not complaining about nuances on this forum!
haven't even checked if there is a week 41 support group, but I hope they are as great as ya'll have been. talk to ya'll soon.
out.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:20 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
You'll be missed edjd. You like seeing people get bumped up, but not down. Although, like you said, with the economy the way it is, maybe that extra week will be a blessing. I'm certainly in no hurry to go out and try to get financed.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by eprasad7
Does anybody have the VIN listed in OL? Yes I see all my options today(with 4Dr Sedan though), but I still dont have the VIN Listed in OL. Does ASKMINI give the VIN if I call them now? Considering its already in Production??
ASKMINI will provide your VIN if you ask. My VIN is not list in the OL yet but all my options are back and are correct... except for that 4 door sedan thing.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:33 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rdamico22
Help! It took forever to configure my MINI and I promised myself that once the order was in I wouldn't change a thing. As week 40 approaches I'm starting to wonder... should I have ordered the Convenience Package? Should I add HiFi? Should I change my color to BRG? I'll be so relieved when the window to make changes has closed. Anyone else obsessing over options and colors?
As an audiophile I debated over the Hifi upgrade as well. However, after going to the dealer and listening to the upgraded and standard systems several times (which drove the MA crazy I'm sure ) I thought the upgrade sounded very processed. Kind of like hitting the "boost" button on a boom box.

Anyway, my 2 cents...

Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Haha, yesterday I had to drive my 89 Chevy S-10 rustbucket to work. I swear every time I turn the key, it's a gamble as to whether or not it's going to start. Fortunately, I seldom have to drive it. I avoid it at all cost!
I hear you...I have a '96 Ford Explorer. Overheated driving home a few weeks ago. $500 later I still wonder whether she'll go the distance until the Mini arrives. Every start seems like a coin flip and every new noise makes me wince

Thinking about leaving the keys in it in a sketchy neighborhood...probably easier than selling it

Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Sorry edjd, does your car come to the Port Huemene as well. If so, likely we'll be on the same boat as it's not schedule to depart until Oct 13th.

Mine entered the paint shop today, yahoooo! I hear that this week they're putting more metallic flake in all the metallic paints.

And once again the OL does not show my car's details...

Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy

And once again the OL does not show my car's details...
My details on the OL have disappeared again too.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Vix Klub
Neutral
my details have returned on ol but no vin. actually after my call yesterday to ASK i am beginning to think that maybe we have been moved to week 41! they said all the parts are lined up but won't be assembled until the beginning of next week! and i asked if that was week 40 and the csr said yes....hmmmm...me thinks he is mistaken?????

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group