1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you're MINI only has about 48 hours longer. After paint is assembly and testing and then out the door. Allow about 36 hours to get to the docks and then it parks next time mine, Coopdy's and rdamico22's and waits for a boat. Hopefully, you'll get there in time for Thursday's Tombarra, but if not, I think there's also a shop on Friday, unless you are on the west coast, then I don't know the schedule for those.

Coopdy's out west though, so we have a resident expert on those ships too.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
For the West Coasters it looks like our next boat out is departing Oct 13 scheduled to arrive Nov 2. There was a greater time gap between this sailing and the last departure than normal (bummer). Normally the boats have been departing for the West Coast about every 8 days or so, the last boat left Sept 29 so now it's a 13 day gap.

We just have to settle in for awhile since once we do catch that boat it's a 21 day voyage. We're jealous of all you East Coasters who will have your car far in advance of ours but you'll have to share some pics to indulge us.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:16 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Aw, that's a bummer. You guys have a 21 day voyage AND you won't leave until our ship is halfway home. Well, rest assured, we won't be motoring without thinking about you guys (and posting pictures).

If it helps, you may be jealous of how soon we'll get ours, but at least I will be forever jealous of all the great roads you guys have out west.

...speaking of which, does anybody know where their first roadtrip is going to be? The Mrs. and I are planning on taking Stella to the Outer Banks in NC to break her in.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
I think you're MINI only has about 48 hours longer. After paint is assembly and testing and then out the door. Allow about 36 hours to get to the docks and then it parks next time mine, Coopdy's and rdamico22's and waits for a boat. Hopefully, you'll get there in time for Thursday's Tombarra, but if not, I think there's also a shop on Friday, unless you are on the west coast, then I don't know the schedule for those.

Coopdy's out west though, so we have a resident expert on those ships too.
That would be awesome! I am in Dallas, so I would assume that it would come in on the East coast somewhere. Should I be concerned that OL never has caught up and shown my options again since Miniusa.com's little meltdown?

Old 10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Mine OL has never caught up either. I have called my MA over at Mini of Dallas, and he assures me that everything is on-track.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
I wouldn't worry about it either. I'm much more inclined to think that their internet is glitchy and not their factory.

As far as your port, on your original itemized accessory list that you got when you placed your order, there should be an item in the upper right (I think) that says, PORTLOC: xxx This is your Port Location and it will tell you where you can expect your MINI to come into the States. If you go to the Tracking Your MINI sticky, you can look up your port and it will tell you which lines go to that port and then use their tools to track it.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Aw, that's a bummer. You guys have a 21 day voyage AND you won't leave until our ship is halfway home. Well, rest assured, we won't be motoring without thinking about you guys (and posting pictures).
That helps!

If it helps, you may be jealous of how soon we'll get ours, but at least I will be forever jealous of all the great roads you guys have out west.

...speaking of which, does anybody know where their first roadtrip is going to be? The Mrs. and I are planning on taking Stella to the Outer Banks in NC to break her in.
I am meeting up with family at Mt Hood for Thanksgiving so I should have my MINI by then and I'm looking forward to the drive from Seattle. There ARE some fun roads out here! The Outer Banks in NC sound fun too though, this time of year the colors must be beautiful.

On a different note, reading about the lack of an Anthracite headliner in some of the recent deliveries is a bit disconcerting...it doesn't help that currently all my options show up in the OL except the headliner and the roof rails. I sure hope both are there. ASK MINI can't confirm such details and I'm sure I'm just worrying unnecessarily. Right ?

Old 10-06-2008, 12:29 PM
eprasad7
1st Gear
Congrats to All Booked and sailing on Courage.

Here is the link to Track Courage sailing across Atlantic:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6907

Good News there are no Tropical Depressions or Stroms lurking Atlantic as of now. Courage is all set to make it on 13th to Jersey City.

Link to the Animated Satellite Images of the Atlantic:

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hur...tlantic&anim=1

Old 10-06-2008, 12:36 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
On a different note, reading about the lack of an Anthracite headliner in some of the recent deliveries is a bit disconcerting
Ummm....what did I miss here? 09's are showing up for delivery without an anthracite headliner??? I hope that doesn't happen to me. This process has been so smooth so far.

Originally Posted by eprasad7
Congrats to All Booked and sailing on Courage.

Here is the link to Track Courage sailing across Atlantic:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6907

Good News there are no Tropical Depressions or Stroms lurking Atlantic as of now. Courage is all set to make it on 13th to Jersey City.

Link to the Animated Satellite Images of the Atlantic:

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hur...tlantic&anim=1
Congrats to you for making the Courage! My poor MINI flew down the train tracks to the dock just in time to see the Courage setting sail. She thought about jumping a ramp onto the boat, but I sent her my picture and it was sitting on her dash, so she remembered me and thought better of it. It was a very dramatic moment!

Any road trip plans?

Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
I have been out of town for the past five days for a trainers course in which we train chickens
Alright...am I going to be the only one that bites on this...
I'd like some elaboration on this course.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
eprasad7
1st Gear
Any road trip plans?
Not sure. I have not thought of any trips as of yet. But I am pretty sure, I may not resist the temptation to drive around and might just go for a long-long drive. Also, I am new to both US and Jersey.

Any Suggestions???

Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 PM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Ummm....what did I miss here? 09's are showing up for delivery without an anthracite headliner??? I hope that doesn't happen to me. This process has been so smooth so far.
I think it affects Clubman, see this thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=155419

Old 10-06-2008, 01:18 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Not sure. I have not thought of any trips as of yet. But I am pretty sure, I may not resist the temptation to drive around and might just go for a long-long drive. Also, I am new to both US and Jersey.

Any Suggestions???
Well, NJ, huh? One of the places my wife and I thought about going to was Cape May in New Jersey. But this is also a great time of year for some mountain driving. I would recommend anywhere in New England. Depends on how far you want to go. The Adirondacks and Catskills in New York are both beautiful especially this time of year.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:32 PM
eprasad7
1st Gear
Well, NJ, huh? One of the places my wife and I thought about going to was Cape May in New Jersey. But this is also a great time of year for some mountain driving. I would recommend anywhere in New England. Depends on how far you want to go. The Adirondacks and Catskills in New York are both beautiful especially this time of year.
Thanks for the Suggestions! I have heard of Cape May and Adirondack..! I will definitely head there..! Was in West Coast for an year..! I did enjoy driving around San Francisco.. Nappa, US1 to LA, Death Valley, Montery (17 Mile drive) But Not on a MINI though I miss West Coast..!

Old 10-06-2008, 01:42 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Thanks for the Suggestions! I have heard of Cape May and Adirondack..! I will definitely head there..! Was in West Coast for an year..! I did enjoy driving around San Francisco.. Nappa, US1 to LA, Death Valley, Montery (17 Mile drive) But Not on a MINI though I miss West Coast..!
I hear ya! I spent a couple weeks out west last year and made the drive of my life from LA to San Fran via the PCH. Most beautiful road in America in my opinion. Like you, never done it in a MINI though. Wouldn't that be a dream!

Old 10-06-2008, 01:51 PM
eprasad7
1st Gear
I hear ya! I spent a couple weeks out west last year and made the drive of my life from LA to San Fran via the PCH. Most beautiful road in America in my opinion. Like you, never done it in a MINI though. Wouldn't that be a dream!
We Once went to Vegas from San Francisco. Started @ 7:30 AM Saturday Morning, Reached Vegas around 4:30 PM. Partied that night till 2:30. Started Sunday Morning 8:00 and reached SFO by 6:30. A perfect Weekend . I really like the stretch that leads to Vegas..! One long strech...! I wish I'd have done that on a Mini. Was renting a Mustang..!

Old 10-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jimatvs
Alright...am I going to be the only one that bites on this...
I'd like some elaboration on this course.

Haha, yes I really was training chickens. This was my fourth or so course with chickens and this time we basically did chicken agility. Our chickens had to climb stairs up this apparatus, go around a platform, go across a beam, go around another platform and then descend another set of stairs. Three other behaviors were put in this chain such as pulling on a rubber band, lifting and tossing a toy and doing a three way color discrimination such as pecking a particular colored cone off the end of the table. All of this in the end was tested without doing any luring and treating along the way and just one click and treat at the end with no other guidance. My chicken did it, whew. I was not sure that I would be able to get all the behavior by the end of the course. No, I don't NEED chickens to be able to do agility but I am a professional dog trainer and it helps me with my own skills: timing of the click, delivery of the reinforcement, and neutral body language so that our dogs are not reading more into our cues or I'm not inadvertently cueing with my body. Oops, sorry for all the off topic discussion, but it's a fairly cool and unique opportunity. Back to our desiring our MINIs now, hopefully it was a decent diversion for us for a second though.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:28 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Hi all:

Newb here as a new Week 40'er and happy (OVERJOYED!) to say my '09 Clubman is waiting at the dock for his shipping slot! Thanks to all here who have provided great info the last weeks for me as I have become addicted to checking on my MCC daily!

Question for the vets: My MA was not able to show me which shipping line my car will be on, does anyone know how to easily find that out? Should I just search the shipping sites for my VIN and wait until I get a hit?

Thanks!

Old 10-06-2008, 03:01 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Update/Further question: If I know my port of arrival will be NYC and I see no NY arrivals on the K line schedule, should I assume my boy will be shipped on WW line?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
OctoberMCC welcome and congrats!

According to the tracking thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=144057 ,
if your port is NYCPOA then you MINI will be on the WW line.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:00 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Haha, yes I really was training chickens...No, I don't NEED chickens to be able to do agility...
What will you do with an agile chicken now that you have one? Now an agile turkey this time of year might be worth something...

Thx for the diversion!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:10 PM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by OctoberMCC
Update/Further question: If I know my port of arrival will be NYC and I see no NY arrivals on the K line schedule, should I assume my boy will be shipped on WW line?
That's the assumption I'm making. My Laser LB/B MCS was born on 10/4. He's sitting at the port of exit looking for a ride to NY too. Hoping to be on board the Tombarra, setting sail on Thursday.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:25 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Twins!

Wow RDAMICO22! Looks like we have near twins! Maybe they can keep each other company on the ride over. I just haven't seen my vin come up to confirm a ship so I am not sure....

Old 10-06-2008, 08:28 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Looks like there's a few of us looking to have our MINI's dropped off in New York. The WW website still isn't showing any information on my VIN yet. If you don't have a VIN and it's already in production, call ASK MINI and ask them for it. Issuing the VIN is the first step of production so they'll have it.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Thanks, Bhelton. I have my VIN and checked it on the WW site. That's where I have not yet seen a confirmation. Maybe in the next day or so they will log it in and assign it to a ship...(fingers crossed).

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group