1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimatvs
What will you do with an agile chicken now that you have one? Now an agile turkey this time of year might be worth something...

Thx for the diversion!
Well I did threaten to cook up the one that wasn't performing, but I'm a vegetarian so I can joke with the chicken about it .

Old 10-07-2008, 05:13 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Haha, yes I really was training chickens. This was my fourth or so course with chickens and this time we basically did chicken agility. Our chickens had to climb stairs up this apparatus, go around a platform, go across a beam, go around another platform and then descend another set of stairs. Three other behaviors were put in this chain such as pulling on a rubber band, lifting and tossing a toy and doing a three way color discrimination such as pecking a particular colored cone off the end of the table. All of this in the end was tested without doing any luring and treating along the way and just one click and treat at the end with no other guidance. My chicken did it, whew. I was not sure that I would be able to get all the behavior by the end of the course. No, I don't NEED chickens to be able to do agility but I am a professional dog trainer and it helps me with my own skills: timing of the click, delivery of the reinforcement, and neutral body language so that our dogs are not reading more into our cues or I'm not inadvertently cueing with my body. Oops, sorry for all the off topic discussion, but it's a fairly cool and unique opportunity. Back to our desiring our MINIs now, hopefully it was a decent diversion for us for a second though.
...so many facets of life I've never heard of. I never would have imagined a course like that, but it does make a lot of sense if you think about it.

Originally Posted by OctoberMCC
Thanks, Bhelton. I have my VIN and checked it on the WW site. That's where I have not yet seen a confirmation. Maybe in the next day or so they will log it in and assign it to a ship...(fingers crossed).
Yeah, I'm hoping it shows up today or tomorrow, or else, I fear we'll get bumped to another ship. I just check again this morning (what's that called? MOCD? MINI OCD?) and no signs of a shop yet...

Old 10-07-2008, 09:10 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Well I did threaten to cook up the one that wasn't performing, but I'm a vegetarian so I can joke with the chicken about it .

Old 10-07-2008, 02:49 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
...so many facets of life I've never heard of. I never would have imagined a course like that, but it does make a lot of sense if you think about it.

Yeah, I'm hoping it shows up today or tomorrow, or else, I fear we'll get bumped to another ship. I just check again this morning (what's that called? MOCD? MINI OCD?) and no signs of a shop yet...
MINI OCD...I guess I have it bad, now....

Old 10-07-2008, 02:57 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Just now?

Wow, your will power is stronger than most.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Is anyone missing any options in the OL? Mine currently has all EXCEPT the anthracite headliner (which the Week 36, 37, & 38'ers have been missing) and the roof rails. I'm fairly concerned...

Old 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
The OL is missing the Anthracite headliner for my order. It didn't used to be, but about 2 weeks ago, it disappeared.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks LordRybo! I just called my MA to get some peace of mind but he said that XXX (some 3 letter acronym) is down and he could not confirm though on the printout that he has as of a week ago had all the correct options on it...so I'm guardedly optimistic. The headliner from others are posting can be retro fitted, but I know that the roof rails cannot. I have not heard of the roof rails not coming on the vehicles so hopefully the error is with the OL. (enter pic of smiley with crossed fingers).

Old 10-07-2008, 05:39 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LordRybo
Just now?

Wow, your will power is stronger than most.
Ha...well, truth be told, I was pestering my MA weekly before the '09's began being built. Once I knew my baby was on the line.... I was hooked.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:25 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OctoberMCC
Ha...well, truth be told, I was pestering my MA weekly before the '09's began being built. Once I knew my baby was on the line.... I was hooked.
I was calling ASK MINI at least twice a day when I first ordered, but after a month of hearing, "your vehicle is scheduled for production, but no production date," I began to back off a little.

I hope all you Clubman guys get your MINI's the way you ordered them. From the sounds of it, the headliners were back ordered and instead of waiting to build, they went ahead without them. How does that saying go again? "Better to ask forgiveness than for permission."?

Old 10-08-2008, 06:09 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Anybody have any luck getting on a boat yet? I looked at the WW schedule this morning and now their ships are running a day behind. So instead of tomorrow and Friday, the ships are due in to Southy on Friday and Saturday.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:26 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Greetings from the week 41 group. Just checking in here to see whats happening with ship bookings.

My MINI was born 10/6 and is currently sitting on the dock. (scans the line looking for a place to cut in )

Anyone here arriving via Brunswick, GA?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Greetings swflaboy and welcome to the waiting game. Some of our fellow week 40er's were lucky enough to just get out of the plant and catch the last boat, so some are gone, but the rest of us are hoping for one of the WW ships on either Friday or Saturday. I think most people here are having their MINI's dropped off in New York or they are heading out west. I didn't know Brunswick had a port. Do you know what line your's is shipping on?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:41 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
....I didn't know Brunswick had a port. Do you know what line your's is shipping on?
Yes, Brunswick is a port of entry for MINIs. It's listed on the sticky "how to track your MINI" thread. I am only going by info from another post that Florida MINIs arrive via Brunswick but am waiting for an email from my MA confirming that.

Looking at the shipping schedules for K-line and WW, it looks like only WW services Brunswick. Anyone know this to be fact? There are ships leaving Southampton 10/10, 10/11, 10/14 arriving Brunswick 10/22, 10/27 and 10/28 respectively.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 AM
tabletop0003
Neutral
Hello! I am happy to join the week 40 group. My MCS is on its way aboard the Courage. It has been a long wait but hopefully late next week I should be showing my MCS its new home. I am trying to get ready and find out what else I SHOULD get, things such as LoJack, extended maintenance, extended warranty, etc. Do you have any ideas? What are you all getting?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tabletop0003
....what else I SHOULD get, things such as LoJack, extended maintenance, extended warranty, etc. Do you have any ideas? What are you all getting?
None of the above for me. Car theft, where I live, is not a big problem. With the computer chip in the MINI key I believe it can't be "hot-wired" but I guess it could always be towed away? My insurance (Allstate) offers a very low-cost option that guarantees me a new MINI should mine be totaled/stolen within the first 36mo of ownership.

You might want to do a search of the forums regarding the extended maintenance/warranty plans. Cost can vary dealer-to-dealer. If you are set on buying one or both, remember you can shop other dealers for price. If I were to buy them, I would wait until my factory maintenance/warranty were expiring. The only way I would buy them at time of purchase is if I absolutely had to finance them when I took possession of the car. If that is the case, do some research on price and negotiate hard with your dealership for the best price.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
matwags
1st Gear
My wife's MCCS is now at the port of exit, awaiting transport! Woohoo!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:23 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Welcome Matwags and Tabletop!

No boat for my baby, yet. Hasn't stopped me from checking like 5 times today so far.... At least knowing I have a problem is the first step toward treatment!

Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
My mini is on its way to port of Exit. I have officially decided to call it...wait for it...Spitfire!

This is the first car I have ever named.

I hope to get on a boat Friday or Saturday, but who knows.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Just out of curiosity...what do you guys plan to do in terms of mods? Here is what I want to do, but I ask you guys what you think I should do first.

Replace chrome grill exterior ring with black one
Tint windows
Add racing stripes (Matte black with small Red accent stripes)
Tow hook
M7 Front Splitter

Eventually Black Wheels...but that will be awhile

What about you guys?

Old 10-08-2008, 07:24 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Folic Acid 9
Just out of curiosity...what do you guys plan to do in terms of mods? Here is what I want to do, but I ask you guys what you think I should do first.

Tint windows
Tow hook
M7 Front Splitter

What about you guys?
What's the M7 Front Splitter?

I don't think I want to do anything major for a while. Maybe some tint. I want to do the tow hook too (mostly because I like the "pull here to inflate" decals). I'm thinking about replacing the scoop with a black one too, but I might wait and see if it melts first.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Folic Acid 9

Tint windows
Tow hook
M7 Front Splitter

What about you guys?
Hmm...well, this week is my birthday and my wife, seeing my child-like glee, has been gifting me one mini-related item every day leading up to the big 38...(ouch). So, I guess after I see what she finishes off with I may look at the following:

- new front speakers, likely component system
- I may look into a custom roof graphic
- ??? not sure...

After that.... we'll see!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Not planning on any big mods right off the bat, but I have a stubby antenna and an extra set of wheels already (same exact as what will be coming on the car -- I bought these on Craigslist when I thought I was getting the NFR and hence the non S and the spare tire).

As far as the extended warranty and service agreement, I am initially passing on both and will likely elect to purchase them down the road before the three year cutoff.

That's great that you guys are heading off on your boats and welcome new Week 40'ers!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:24 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Not planning on any big mods right off the bat, but I have a stubby antenna and an extra set of wheels already (same exact as what will be coming on the car -- I bought these on Craigslist when I thought I was getting the NFR and hence the non S and the spare tire).

As far as the extended warranty and service agreement, I am initially passing on both and will likely elect to purchase them down the road before the three year cutoff.

That's great that you guys are heading off on your boats and welcome new Week 40'ers!
Where did you get your stubby? I've been thinking about getting that, but every time I do, I realize that I never, ever notice whether somebody else's MINI has it, so I figure, if I don't notice it, why should I get it? I don't know. How much are they?

Old 10-09-2008, 05:59 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
WOOHOO! Stella's got a stork! She's scheduled to leave tomorrow on the Tombarra!

Who's with her!?!?

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group