1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:02 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhelton
WOOHOO! Stella's got a stork! She's scheduled to leave tomorrow on the Tombarra!

Who's with her!?!?
My guy is booked as well! Can't wait for the big sail away party!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:38 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Looks like I will be joining you for the voyage. My MINI is booked on the Tombarra! Very excited!

Looks like my early week 41 build was able to slip in. Thanks for making room for me!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Looks like the Tombarra is pulling into the Southampton port right now (a day early???)

http://www.ais-live.co.uk/AIS%20Live...uthampton.html

Zoom in and click on "Satellite" and you can see the MINIs sitting on the dock!!!

Last edited by rdamico22; 10-09-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:36 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by swflaboy
Looks like I will be joining you for the voyage. My MINI is booked on the Tombarra! Very excited!

Looks like my early week 41 build was able to slip in. Thanks for making room for me!
Welcome aboard (literally)! We're glad to have you. You're replacing some of the Week 40ers that we lost to a boat that was carrying some Week 39ers

Originally Posted by rdamico22
Looks like the Tombarra is pulling into the Southampton port right now (a day early???)

Zoom in and click on "Satellite" and you can see the MINIs sitting on the dock!!!
Sweet! Early on, it was scheduled to arrive and depart today, but the schedule changed this week to push it back to tomorrow. Maybe it's back on schedule. Who knows how long it takes to unload and load a ship that size though...

Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear

That's an awesome satellite shot - Thx!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Hey fellow Tombarra-ers! Very good news for all of us... I saw the live link and I can't tell if the ship is docked or has sailed... Either way, October 18th in NY sounds good!

Safe voyage to everyone's wheels!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:17 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OctoberMCC
Hey fellow Tombarra-ers! Very good news for all of us... I saw the live link and I can't tell if the ship is docked or has sailed... Either way, October 18th in NY sounds good!

Safe voyage to everyone's wheels!
I was just looking too and it was docked earlier, and disappeared once and came back. Now it has disappeared again. Who knows. The schedule on the WW website says it isn't supposed to depart again until tomorrow (probably late tonight), but like you said, either way, our MINI's should all be state-side by next weekend! We'll be motoring by Halloween!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:22 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
We'll be motoring by Halloween!
Whoo Hoo! Reason enough to change my sig!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
matwags
1st Gear
So I called Mini and they now have my wife's car slated for testing. I was told yesterday that it was at the port of exit, and last night the web site also showed awaiting transport. Any one have this happen to them? Do they test them while they are waiting?(LOL) I know I would if I were a dock hand! Do you think that means it is on the Test Rd, as depicted on the satellite photo?

BTW the satellite photo of the minis on the dock is cool. Given that it is nighttime there, I think that is a non changing shot. Still cool though. It also says the Tombarra is still in dock. Maybe they will let my wife's car on!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by matwags
BTW the satellite photo of the minis on the dock is cool. Given that it is nighttime there, I think that is a non changing shot. Still cool though. It also says the Tombarra is still in dock. Maybe they will let my wife's car on!
I think the shot changed a few times earlier today. There are definitely more MINIs on deck now than there were this morning. Maybe the shot doesn't change once it gets dark? Looks like WW updated the schedule, now showing the 10/9 arrival in Southampton but still showing a 10/10 departure... all aboard!

Last edited by rdamico22; 10-09-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
matwags
1st Gear
The satellite shot is the exact one that comes up on google maps. I think the only thing that changes are the balloons with the ships names on them.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by matwags
Do they test them while they are waiting?(LOL) I know I would if I were a dock hand!
That would certainly explain some of the donuts you can see in the parking area on the satellite photos

Old 10-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Where did you get your stubby? I've been thinking about getting that, but every time I do, I realize that I never, ever notice whether somebody else's MINI has it, so I figure, if I don't notice it, why should I get it? I don't know. How much are they?
I purchased mine through Puget Sound MINI club as part of a group buy so it was only $16 I believe, otherwise I believe that it was $20. It is from Craven Speed and the club had PSMINI inscribed on it, pretty cool and can't wait to put it on the car. Of course, can't wait to get the car.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
WOOHOO! Stella's got a stork! She's scheduled to leave tomorrow on the Tombarra!

Who's with her!?!?
How EXCITING! Seems like a lot of you are leaving me at the dock , but I knew this time would come. Congrats to you and bon voyage to your MINIs as they travel the big seas safely. Keep posting updates!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear

Awesome link, thanks! I think I see mine hanging out there waiting for its boat.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Thanks for the link. Pretty cool to look at all the MINIs on top of that parking garage. I hope mine is undercover as I am sure they didn't apply any sunscreen.

I really started looking at buying a MINI in June. Coincidentally, about 2 weeks after completing a Mediterranean cruise that started in Barcelona and ended in Southampton. I was there and didn't even know that I should have been waving at the MINIs.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:36 PM
STaSISnRI
1st Gear
My Car is also awaiting transportation... does this mean I to am a week forty? MA told me they started product on 9-29 and finished 10-06.

SORRY if this is an FNG question...

Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by STaSISnRI
My Car is also awaiting transportation... does this mean I to am a week forty? MA told me they started product on 9-29 and finished 10-06.

SORRY if this is an FNG question...
FNG? Curious what this means. EDIT: Does this mean something New Guy? I think for consistency it seems that week number is the week that your car completes production. I had thought it was when it was started, but that would make me Week 39 and ASK MINI stated that I am Week 40. Either way, our cars are built and now we need a SHIP! Any chance your car is coming to Port Hueneme? My car is feeling awfully lonely.

Originally Posted by eswflaboy
Thanks for the link. Pretty cool to look at all the MINIs on top of that parking garage. I hope mine is undercover as I am sure they didn't apply any sunscreen.

I really started looking at buying a MINI in June. Coincidentally, about 2 weeks after completing a Mediterranean cruise that started in Barcelona and ended in Southampton. I was there and didn't even know that I should have been waving at the MINIs.
That is cool that you were at the dock before your car!

Last edited by Coopdy; 10-09-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: epiphany I think
Old 10-10-2008, 05:58 AM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Has anyone been able to get a status on the MINI at the WW tracking site with their VIN number?

I'm just curious because I have yet to get confirmation that my little green hornet is actually getting on a boat. I am going to have to call and start bugging my MA. Poor woman, she has no idea what's she in for.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:45 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
Has anyone been able to get a status on the MINI at the WW tracking site with their VIN number?

I'm just curious because I have yet to get confirmation that my little green hornet is actually getting on a boat. I am going to have to call and start bugging my MA. Poor woman, she has no idea what's she in for.
Mine just showed up on the Tombarra yesterday. It should work as long as you put it into the Auto Cargo section. If not, then I suppose you may not have made the cut. But I'd call your MA just to make sure. The Tombarra takes off today (I think this afternoon), but there is another one coming in, I think today and leaving tomorrow.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:32 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
No listing for me either on the WW site.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Woo Hoo... the Tombarra is underway and the sail-away party is officially on! Looks like she's making her way thru the channel towards the open sea right now... very exciting!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:23 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Woo Hoo... the Tombarra is underway and the sail-away party is officially on! Looks like she's making her way thru the channel towards the open sea right now... very exciting!
Congrats Week 40ers!!! We were on week 40, but got moved to week 38, but I still check in with your progress. That's a GREAT feeling to see your ship and new MINI depart from the UK...now it's just the waiting for it to get stateside! Our week 38s coming to the west coast arrive in port this weekend!! It won't be long!!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:27 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
The Tombarra takes off today (I think this afternoon), but there is another one coming in, I think today and leaving tomorrow.
The Integrity is pulling in to Southampton right now. Looks like the Tombarra and the Integrity just sailed by one another a few minutes ago. I'm sure our MINIs were waving as they went by.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
I bet my MINI is still on deck drinking pina coladas and dancing to the Calypso music. She'll soon be scoping out the buffet and checking the main dining room menu as well as the spa treatments.

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group