1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:08 PM
TravisNJ
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhelton
Does anybody have the call sign for the Tombarra. I tried entering the name of the ship in the sailwx.com website and it couldn't locate it. We should be able to track it on that site, shouldn't we?
Not every ship can be tracked. The ships call their locations in, and it is completely voluntary.

The Fedora never calls their location in, I'm not sure about the Tombarra though.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:49 AM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Argh!!! Folic and Coopdy, looks like we are gonna be hanging on the dock a little while longer. Knowing they are built and just sitting there waiting to hit the pavement is making me crazy!

Someone put the kettle on, maybe scrounge up some bickies.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:59 AM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
I know we won't get to track them as easily, but maybe the folks still left on the dock will be shipping out today aboard the Caribbean Highway?

http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TravisNJ
Not every ship can be tracked. The ships call their locations in, and it is completely voluntary.

The Fedora never calls their location in, I'm not sure about the Tombarra though.

The Tombarra's call sign is MPRD6. It doesn't look like she's called in her location since Sept 8th if I'm reading sailwx.info correctly.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
I know we won't get to track them as easily, but maybe the folks still left on the dock will be shipping out today aboard the Caribbean Highway?

http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

So are you saying we might be on the Kline? How can we tell?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:01 AM
jackbenimble4
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Folic Acid 9
So are you saying we might be on the Kline? How can we tell?
According to the How to Track your MINI thread, if your MINI's destination port is Charleston, SC then you might end up on K-Line. There's no way to check through K-Line, but your MA or ASK-MINI will probably be able to tell you whether your MINI is on a K-Line ship.

My MINI is going to Charleston, so I'm hoping to be on Caribbean Highway. According to the schedule, it's supposed to arrive in Charleston on October 23rd, just 11 days after leaving Southampton!

Old 10-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Well that kinda sucks not being able to track it. I think my mini was finished on the 7th or 8th and I have been all over WW Logistics two or three times a day (like all of us I am a little crazy about this car). It just keeps telling me that it doesn't recognize my VIN, etc. I emailed my MA yesterday and he just told me that it could take up to 10 days to get on a boat, but I don't know if he actually looked to see. I am going to Charleston, so hopefully I get on some boat. Thanks guys for the info.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
On another note...anybody looked into costs for Window tinting? I got a quote of $269. That seems high, but it has been awhile since I got any windows tinted.

Anybody else looked into this yet?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:23 AM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
My local dealer was offering about the same price for tinting and I haven't decided yet... but I know I'll need to make a decision soon. Folic Acid 9, Did you shop around for your quote or is that from your dealer? And while we're on the subject, where exactly is your MINI going?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
That was a guy that my MA recommended, but I would pay that guy...not the dealership. I haven't shopped around yet.

I am in Fort Worth, Texas...so mine is going the Charleston and then here to me. I bought it thru Mini of Dallas.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
On another note...anybody looked into costs for Window tinting? I got a quote of $269. That seems high, but it has been awhile since I got any windows tinted.

I was quoted $170 for Llumar film with lifetime warranty. Not sure which grade of Llumar but I assume middle-of-the-road.

Another shop is really pushing a new film called Wincos. It's a non-metallic and non-ceramic dyed film. It's some new technology that has amazing heat rejection. They have a box with a heat lamp in it. You put your hand in there and can seriously feel the difference between it and other films. Supposed to reject up to 92% but not sure how much of that is mumbo-jumbo hocus-pocus. Lifetime warranty and guaranteed not to fade like the older dyed films. Price was about $270.

From there you can go to $370 for top-of-the-line ceramic.

P.S. My dealership charges $399 for tint at least that is the price listed on new cars on their lot. No idea what film.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by swflaboy
I was quoted $170 for Llumar film with lifetime warranty. Not sure which grade of Llumar but I assume middle-of-the-road.

Another shop is really pushing a new film called Wincos. It's a non-metallic and non-ceramic dyed film. It's some new technology that has amazing heat rejection. They have a box with a heat lamp in it. You put your hand in there and can seriously feel the difference between it and other films. Supposed to reject up to 92% but not sure how much of that is mumbo-jumbo hocus-pocus. Lifetime warranty and guaranteed not to fade like the older dyed films. Price was about $270.

From there you can go to $370 for top-of-the-line ceramic.

P.S. My dealership charges $399 for tint at least that is the price listed on new cars on their lot. No idea what film.
Thanks for the info...That at least gives me a gauge on what I should be looking at.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
Argh!!! Folic and Coopdy, looks like we are gonna be hanging on the dock a little while longer. Knowing they are built and just sitting there waiting to hit the pavement is making me crazy!

Someone put the kettle on, maybe scrounge up some bickies.
Do you know what boat you are scheduled for? I believe that I should be on the Turnadot departing tomorrow, though I'm still waiting for that to appear in the Cargo search. Hopefully they will have my VIN scheduled for the boat tomorrow.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:35 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Hello our MINI is on TOMBARRA due to Brunswick Ga on 10/22 any one else in this groop in atlanta on that ship?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:37 PM
bhelton
4th Gear

I know nothing about tint other than I think I would like to have it. Where's a good place to start comparing types of tint and figuring out what I'd want? That heat resistant one mentioned above sounds like a pretty good deal.

Originally Posted by SaltNPepa
Hello our MINI is on TOMBARRA due to Brunswick Ga on 10/22 any one else in this groop in atlanta on that ship?
Welcome aboard! Your MINI is safe and sound with a few others of ours. I believe there are a couple on here going to the Atlanta area, but mine will be hopping off the ship in New York. Can't wait!

Old 10-12-2008, 09:30 PM
KiahandKat
Neutral
OK, I am a week 40 owner and my Honey was done on 10/8/08, I looked on the WW website and she is not listed so what do yall think she is on the K-line? If that is the case since I live in Texas she will be going to SC so help me.......

Thanks guys,

Kiah

Old 10-13-2008, 07:43 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SaltNPepa
Congrats SnP. I'm on-board with you.

Originally Posted by KiahandKat
....I looked on the WW website and she is not listed so what do yall think she is on the K-line?
Did you check the 3 WW ships that have/will depart soon? Tombarra, Integrity and Tortugas? Seems that the VIN# will only show about 48hrs before departure.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Tuesday and Coopdy...Have you guys seen anything yet on shipping? WW still doesn't recognize my VIN. Ask Mini automated still shows me at the dock. Looks like there are Week 41 guys already on a boat.

This is frustrating!

Old 10-13-2008, 08:54 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Folic... I'm right there with you. My Clubbie was finished on 10/05, and is heading to Mini of Dallas as well. I've been "Sittin on the dock of the bay" since 10/06. My MA has no idea what ship I will be on at this time.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 AM
matwags
1st Gear
Just got an e-mail from my MA stating that my wife's MCCS left port yesterday, and is on the Caribean Highway on the way to Charleston, SC. Should arrive on Oct 23. Woo hoo!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:36 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Tuesday and Coopdy...Have you guys seen anything yet on shipping? WW still doesn't recognize my VIN. Ask Mini automated still shows me at the dock. Looks like there are Week 41 guys already on a boat.

This is frustrating!
If it helps, I called ASK MINI today and the automated part told me I was still on the dock with no shipping info available. On the contrary though, my MINI is on the Tombarra, so it looks like ASK MINI gets slower to update once production is completed.

Hang in there guys. We'll all be motoring around real soon! I keep thinking about the things I miss in my current car that I can't wait to have in my MINI. For instance, my commute this morning would have been a lot warmer with heated seats And my commute home would be really nice with a sunroof.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LordRybo
Folic... I'm right there with you. My Clubbie was finished on 10/05, and is heading to Mini of Dallas as well. I've been "Sittin on the dock of the bay" since 10/06. My MA has no idea what ship I will be on at this time.
Yeah, Ky keeps telling me to be patient...I just don't get how other guys are getting on boats when their cars were built after ours. At least ours will be together. In addition to that Ky bought a MCS the same week as ours, so he is in the same boat as well.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:52 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Yeah, Ky keeps telling me to be patient...I just don't get how other guys are getting on boats when their cars were built after ours. At least ours will be together. In addition to that Ky bought a MCS the same week as ours, so he is in the same boat as well.
Always helpfull to have your MA obcessing about his own MINI. Makes him more understanding.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Well, I've confirmed with my VIN that I'm on the Turandot Loaded the vessel today. It shows some weird dates for "Received at Terminal" and "Booked", however. Maybe a Bentley will show up instead...I could sell it and buy separate his/hers Minis for every Season

Old 10-13-2008, 02:20 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Maybe all the missing Anthracite headliners will show up in the boot of your Mini?

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group