1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
rousespointer
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW...My Mini arrived today

Ordered August 27th...built the week of Sept 28th...on the docks by Oct 3rd...then no real information until today...truck pulled into Keeler Mini in Albany NY today and unloaded my red JCW coupe. Maybe it will be mine tomorrow if we can get the paperwork done!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:19 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rousespointer
Ordered August 27th...built the week of Sept 28th...on the docks by Oct 3rd...then no real information until today...truck pulled into Keeler Mini in Albany NY today and unloaded my red JCW coupe. Maybe it will be mine tomorrow if we can get the paperwork done!
Wow, that's awesome!! Quite a turn around.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:27 PM
hooknew
2nd Gear
Cville is getting two new Minis from Week 40 build

Originally Posted by bhelton
Wow. That's pretty proactive of your MA. If I don't hear anything from mine before early next week, I'll shoot him an e-mail. Mine will be at the VDC on Saturday, so it shouldn't be too long after that.
BHelton: My HC Clubman is on the same boat as your Mini. We should get pics of them together on the downtown mall once we take delivery in another week or so.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:25 PM
BRit_In_NJ
Neutral
Originally Posted by STaSISnRI
Who else is on the Integrity??? BB is
My wife's car is also on the Integrity

Even though it's not my car I've still been excited to track it's pending arrival. Had been using vesseltracker.com but it doesn't cover the midlantic so finally found this site and http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6925 its getting close!!!

It will be in on the 20th, I haven't even searched yet but does anyone know the time it takes to get through customs and delivered to the dealerships in New Jersey?

Old 10-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BRit_In_NJ
My wife's car is also on the Integrity

It will be in on the 20th, I haven't even searched yet but does anyone know the time it takes to get through customs and delivered to the dealerships in New Jersey?
Congrats! Once the car hits the port it has to go through the VDC (Vehicle Distribution Center), be shipped to your dealer and then prepped by the dealer. Calling your wife's MA will give you the most accurate info as the time will vary depending on how many cars are at the VDC, if any work is being done there, the distance from the VDC to the dealer's and if any work is being done at the dealer's. You're soooo close though, so best wishes for continued speed.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:53 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
The Tombarra is making her way through NY harbor right now, on approach to Jersey City... happy day!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:42 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hooknew
BHelton: My HC Clubman is on the same boat as your Mini. We should get pics of them together on the downtown mall once we take delivery in another week or so.
Haha, that's awesome. PM me when yours comes in. I'm hoping we'll be getting them the last week of this month. I want to see yours as my wife wants a HC Clubman.

One of my first picture will be taken with the classic Mini on the corner of Barracks and Emmet.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
For all us West Coasters, the Turandot is smack in the middle of the Atlantic as of noon today...gettng closer every day

Just stay clear of the Bermuda Triangle and we should be fine...

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SGBA

Old 10-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
^ ^ ^ Yeah, it's nice to see progress! It's such a long voyage though.... Guess I'll read through the manual now.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:40 PM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rdamico22
The Tombarra is making her way through NY harbor right now, on approach to Jersey City... happy day!
Correction... the Tombarra must have been headed out of Jersey City at the time I posted this. According to the WW tracker my MINI was discharged at 10:00 this morning!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:25 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Correction... the Tombarra must have been headed out of Jersey City at the time I posted this. According to the WW tracker my MINI was discharged at 10:00 this morning!
Same here. Nice to see our MINI's are finally stateside. Now, let's just hope they didn't try to smuggle anything...

Old 10-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Old 10-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Anybody have an XBox? This is off of a game called Forza Motorsports...

It's pretty cool...you can go in and see what it would be like to custom paint/stripe your car.

I had a blast! Although this is not the R56 it still let me mess around and try different stuff out.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:43 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Folic Acid 9
Anybody have an XBox? This is off of a game called Forza Motorsports...

It's pretty cool...you can go in and see what it would be like to custom paint/stripe your car.

I had a blast! Although this is not the R56 it still let me mess around and try different stuff out.
That's pretty cool. I've helped pass the time by playing Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2. I, of course, saved up enough to by an R53 and have been racing that. No custom paint jobs though...

Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 AM
eprasad7
1st Gear
FIRST DATE WITH MY BABY:

Hello All,

My First Weekend and there is no way that I can express my feeilngs in words. Have to say, The best feeling I have had for a long time now. Everything about it so cool. It has been good 72 hours and Guess what I already have close to 500 Miles on it. And most importantly my First FULL tank gave me 31 MPG mostly freeway. The sound out of my IPHONE (Ipod) is little disappointing but music from CD is much much better. Apart from that, everthing is exactly how I wanted and dreamt it to be..!

Please find few pictures of MY MINI in my Gallery. Still waiting on Backorder Sport Stripes due this wednesday.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:50 AM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Congrats Eprasad7! "Hearing" your glee make me want to fly to NY and get my car out of the holding pin early!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so how many 40-heads have taken delivery so far? My W39 is stuck on what I call the slooooooow boat to Oxnard...

Old 10-20-2008, 09:44 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eprasad7
FIRST DATE WITH MY BABY:

Hello All,

My First Weekend and there is no way that I can express my feeilngs in words. Have to say, The best feeling I have had for a long time now. Everything about it so cool. It has been good 72 hours and Guess what I already have close to 500 Miles on it. And most importantly my First FULL tank gave me 31 MPG mostly freeway. The sound out of my IPHONE (Ipod) is little disappointing but music from CD is much much better. Apart from that, everthing is exactly how I wanted and dreamt it to be..!

Please find few pictures of MY MINI in my Gallery. Still waiting on Backorder Sport Stripes due this wednesday.
Congrats on the weekend driving - nice pics

Do you have the iPod adaptor or are you using the stock plug in?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
so how many 40-heads have taken delivery so far? My W39 is stuck on what I call the slooooooow boat to Oxnard...
No delivery yet, but it has been discharged from the Tombarra. Hopefully, she's getting spoiled rotten today with a bath and a new set of eyes. I'm hoping she'll be arriving in Richmond, VA early next week. My calendar is cleared next week for some good motoring...

Old 10-20-2008, 01:35 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
I'm hoping she'll be arriving in Richmond, VA early next week. My calendar is cleared next week for some good motoring...
bhelton:

Looks like you and I are both taking delivery at the same dealership! I am in Va Beach and taking delivery at the Richmond Mini dealer because I refuse to give my money again to the Va Beach dealer (bought a BMW from there about 5 years back and was NOT treated well.)

Maybe I will see your yellow baby on the lot when I pick up my laser blue one or vice versa!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Congrats eprasad7, sweeeet ride and glad to hear that the car is exceeding your expectations all in all!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:57 PM
eprasad7
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jimatvs
Congrats on the weekend driving - nice pics

Do you have the iPod adaptor or are you using the stock plug in?
I have the USB/Ipod Integration. I am using the Y Cable that along with the Kit.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:58 PM
rdamico22
1st Gear
So, I was away this weekend and flew back into NY this afternoon. Coming into the NY area we flew over Jersey City and I was able to see the VDC and a bunch of MINIs from my window. Of course I waved hello on behalf the entire week 40 group at NAM.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:03 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, I was away this weekend and flew back into NY this afternoon. Coming into the NY area we flew over Jersey City and I was able to see the VDC and a bunch of MINIs from my window. Of course I waved hello on behalf the entire week 40 group at NAM.
How kind of you.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:07 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eprasad7
I have the USB/Ipod Integration. I am using the Y Cable that along with the Kit.
Thx for clarifying. I'll be using the stock plug-in. I wonder if it will sound any different (I wouldn't expect it to sound better than the USB/Ipod Integration).

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group