1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:24 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OctoberMCC
bhelton:

Looks like you and I are both taking delivery at the same dealership! I am in Va Beach and taking delivery at the Richmond Mini dealer because I refuse to give my money again to the Va Beach dealer (bought a BMW from there about 5 years back and was NOT treated well.)

Maybe I will see your yellow baby on the lot when I pick up my laser blue one or vice versa!
Boy, it's a small world in VA. There's another Week 40er on the same boat who lives in Charlottesville. Who's your MA?

I'm hoping my MY MCS won't be sitting at the dealership long enough for anyone other than me to see it but I'll be on the lookout for your Clubman

Old 10-20-2008, 08:47 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
Boy, it's a small world in VA. There's another Week 40er on the same boat who lives in Charlottesville. Who's your MA?

I'm hoping my MY MCS won't be sitting at the dealership long enough for anyone other than me to see it but I'll be on the lookout for your Clubman
My MA is Teresa Gooch. I hear you regarding the idle time at the dealer. Since I am coming up from the beach to pick up mine, you will more likely see it than me seeing Stella. Say hi to ol' blue for me if you do.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:21 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
My MA is Teresa Gooch. I hear you regarding the idle time at the dealer. Since I am coming up from the beach to pick up mine, you will more likely see it than me seeing Stella. Say hi to ol' blue for me if you do.
Ahh, so you did your's all on the internet. My neighbor just bought one from her too....did the whole thing through the configurator and then e-mailed it to her. She must make a lot of sales.

Are you part of the 7 Cities Mini's or the River City Mini's?

If I see Ol' Blue, I'll take a picture of him/her for you

Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Does anybody else's MA seem to know when their MINI will arrive? I just talked to mine and his information was no better than the Owner's Lounge. He said his status sheet showed that it was still en route, while I know it was on the Tombarra and has been at the VDC since Sunday.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Nope, mine has no clue either.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:55 AM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear

Ahh, so you did your's all on the internet. My neighbor just bought one from her too....did the whole thing through the configurator and then e-mailed it to her. She must make a lot of sales.

Are you part of the 7 Cities Mini's or the River City Mini's?

If I see Ol' Blue, I'll take a picture of him/her for you
Wow, small world indeed. I made an appointment online and then was assigned to Teresa for my drives and configuration so I didn't really do it 100% online. Thanks for offering to take a pic if you see mine during your pick up. I will do the same. Sounds like we are all waiting on some info from our MAs to tell us when the big days will be.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Rybo...

Have you heard anything on the eta of the Caribbean Highway? I emailed Ky, but I haven't heard back yet.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:27 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
I spoke to him at the end of last week, and he had no clue as to where the Caribbean Highway was, or when it would dock. The K-Line schedule says she should be in Charleston anytime now, but who knows for sure.

I have also searched everywhere, and none of the ship tracking websites show her voyage. She must have her cloaking device engaged.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
The Turandot is about to enter the Carribean Sea right now. Soon enough she'll be in the Pacific...probably in 3-4 days based on the speed of passage to date.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 AM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Check this Out!

Okay all:

This is a wild one!

I got an email today, informing me of a private message on the NAM forum. I have copied the body (minus the sender's name for his privacy) here. Check it out!

Greetings,

I am a ship pilot and recently guided the M.V.Tomborra up the Chesapeake Bay. As soon as I climbed the pilot ladder from my launch and went inside the cargo decks I noticed a Mini Clubman. I have an 06 Mini S, so these cars due tend to catch my eye.

I followed the ship's officer through the cargo lashed down on deck, to the elevator and into the wheelhouse where I basically relieve the Captain for the transit up the Bay.

I recently got an iphone and was thinking 'what is a Tombarra'. I googled it an noticed a link with something about Minis. Scrolled down and saw your posting with the picture of your Clubman. Fortuitously, I had my camera with me when I left the ship 10 hours later I took 4 pictures of your car. It was in good company, several other minis close by as well as 6-8 Maseratis.

The problem is I can't figure out how to attach pictures into this email. If you will send me your email address I can send you the pictures

I hope you enjoy your Mini as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Is that wild or what?? I have emailed the gentleman and asked him to send the pics. I will post here once I have them so we can all see any of our cars in the pics. (Not sure mine will be there since I offloaded in NY and he pilots in the Chesapeake Bay, but some of yours might be!)

Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 AM
matwags
1st Gear
LordRhybo and Folic Acid (btw are you guys vitamin salespeople?)

According to the Port of Charleston Vessel report, the Caribbean Highway is scheduled to dock on 10/23/08 on the Union Pier.

http://www.scspa.com/vessel_schedule.asp

My MA e-mailed me last week and said that my wife's Mini could be here as early as Halloween! WooHoo!

Last edited by matwags; 10-22-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Wow, that's excellent information. Thanks !

Old 10-22-2008, 10:38 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Hi Good People - Hang in there, it won't be long before you all have your MINIs!

Very cool to have pictures while on the ship!! Can't wait to see them!!

Old 10-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by matwags
LordRhybo and Folic Acid (btw are you guys vitamin salespeople?)

According to the Port of Charleston Vessel report, the Caribbean Highway is scheduled to dock on 10/23/08 on the Union Pier.

My MA e-mailed me last week and said that my wife's Mini could be here as early as Halloween! WooHoo!
This is great news. Thanks.

In terms of my name, it is my XBox Live name. I play online and you have to come up with a name...so I had all of these cool names and they were all taken. Well after about 20ish different names, I grabbed a cereal box and started going down the list. Riboflavin was taken, so I moved to Folic Acid. That was taken and I got hacked off so I added a 9 to it...and so became Folic Acid 9. Now, I just role with that so I don't forget.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LordRybo
I spoke to him at the end of last week, and he had no clue as to where the Caribbean Highway was, or when it would dock. The K-Line schedule says she should be in Charleston anytime now, but who knows for sure.

I have also searched everywhere, and none of the ship tracking websites show her voyage. She must have her cloaking device engaged.
Rybo...

I got an email from Ky...He thinks that we might see our beasts on the 30th or the 31st if all goes well.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
matwags
1st Gear
Folic acid, that is hilarious how you came up with your name. I figured that you two were salesmen, pharmacists, chemists, biochemists, etc...

Once it docks, you will be short timers.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Not bad, 7 - 8 days from ship to dealer. I hope the guys at the VDC are that quick.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:07 PM
matwags
1st Gear
Okay all:

This is a wild one!

I got an email today, informing me of a private message on the NAM forum. I have copied the body (minus the sender's name for his privacy) here. Check it out!

Greetings,

I am a ship pilot and recently guided the M.V.Tomborra up the Chesapeake Bay. As soon as I climbed the pilot ladder from my launch and went inside the cargo decks I noticed a Mini Clubman. I have an 06 Mini S, so these cars due tend to catch my eye.

I followed the ship's officer through the cargo lashed down on deck, to the elevator and into the wheelhouse where I basically relieve the Captain for the transit up the Bay.

I recently got an iphone and was thinking 'what is a Tombarra'. I googled it an noticed a link with something about Minis. Scrolled down and saw your posting with the picture of your Clubman. Fortuitously, I had my camera with me when I left the ship 10 hours later I took 4 pictures of your car. It was in good company, several other minis close by as well as 6-8 Maseratis.

The problem is I can't figure out how to attach pictures into this email. If you will send me your email address I can send you the pictures

I hope you enjoy your Mini as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Is that wild or what?? I have emailed the gentleman and asked him to send the pics. I will post here once I have them so we can all see any of our cars in the pics. (Not sure mine will be there since I offloaded in NY and he pilots in the Chesapeake Bay, but some of yours might be!)

How does he know it is yours? I mean there are probably a few on that ship.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Yeah...he said that "if all goes well" we should see them on the 30th or 31st, but who knows. I am just excited to almost be to the end of this part and start driving.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Folic acid, that is hilarious how you came up with your name. I figured that you two were salesmen, pharmacists, chemists, biochemists, etc...

Once it docks, you will be short timers.
Nope...I work in Television.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
How does he know it is yours? I mean there are probably a few on that ship.
I doubt he did see mine, actually - since he was piloting the Chesapeake Bay mine would have already been offloaded in NY. But I gather he saw another Laser Blue MCS or MCCS and thought it was mine based on my sig pic.

BTW, in case it is encouraging for anyone - my MA told me today (I had to call) that my Mini would (should) arrive at my dealer (Richmond VA) on Sunday. I am planning a Monday pick-up! WHOO HOO!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:42 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
According to the Port of Charleston vessel report, the Caribbean Highway is docked, and has been unloading since 7AM. Wheeee!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:09 AM
hooknew
2nd Gear
Classic mini on Emmet Street

Haha, that's awesome. PM me when yours comes in. I'm hoping we'll be getting them the last week of this month. I want to see yours as my wife wants a HC Clubman.

One of my first picture will be taken with the classic Mini on the corner of Barracks and Emmet.
Agreed - we should get a multi-generational photo.

Sounds like we'll have our cars on Monday? Can't wait.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LordRybo
According to the Port of Charleston vessel report, the Caribbean Highway is docked, and has been unloading since 7AM. Wheeee!

YES!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:43 PM
matwags
1st Gear
So the first gear sticky says that a mini will spend between 2-7 days at the VDC depending on options and damage. Given that we have no dealer installed options, my wifes MCCS could be on a truck on Saturday! Sweet.

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group