1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:59 PM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folic Acid, there's a couple of guys blocking the glamour shot of the MINI. (Which one is you?)

Oh, bhelton! Stella is one little hottie! Scha-wing!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Finally got a call from the dealer. My MINI arrived today! Todd of ToddsMods / White Roof Radio fame will be applying the rally stripes tomorrow and then they'll be tinting my glass. I get to pick him up on Thursday! (Cue choir of angels singing "Hallelujah!")

Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rdamico22
Thanks Coopdy! When is your MINI coming home?
Supposed to hit the dock today! So I'm thinking maybe maybe 10 days or so.

Congrats tuesday_next! Looks like you're getting your MINI just after tuesday_this

Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 PM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
I was driving beside a shiny new Clubman on my way home today and I peeked at the driver wondering if I knew the driver and could give him a thumbs up but since I'm still driving a VW, I think he just would have been confused!

About the Tuesday This comment: Hahaha, Coopdy. Very funny. Keep your day job.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
I was driving beside a shiny new Clubman on my way home today and I peeked at the driver wondering if I knew the driver and could give him a thumbs up but since I'm still driving a VW, I think he just would have been confused!
I think it best you abstained from the thumbs up...I've been tempted myself but was concerned about any misperception.

Oh...and congrats on the pending pick-up! I noticed that our cars are fairly similar. I thought about the sport stripes a lot, but as I'm leasing it, I didn't want to pay the cost + installation all on my own (as opposed to only paying the depreciation on the cost + installation) as it is a dealer install. Definitely love the look! As such, I went with the Bonnet Stripes, which I also like a lot of-course.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:48 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
I can't believe we've almost gotten our MINI's now. I guess the wait did go by fast. It seems like only the other day, this thread was started and we were all trying to determine which week we were even going to be in.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Yeahhh, gorgeous pics bhelton, radamico22, and Folic Acid 9! Your MINIS are BEAUTIFUL and everyone took great glam shots showing their colors nicely. bhelton, your MINI accents the incredible backdrop beautifully! Folic Acid, I of course love the DS! Radamico22 lvoe that color too!!
Thanks...This is absolutely the most fun I have had driving a car...

I love this car!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
Folic Acid, there's a couple of guys blocking the glamour shot of the MINI. (Which one is you?)

Oh, bhelton! Stella is one little hottie! Scha-wing!
I am the handsome chap on the right. Ky is on the right. He is my MA. He also took delivery of the identical car as mine for himself on Friday.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:00 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Folic Acid 9
I am the handsome chap on the right. Ky is on the right. He is my MA. He also took delivery of the identical car as mine for himself on Friday.
You mean there are two MINI's out there that are identical??? ...and the earth hasn't imploded?

Old 11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
So bhelton, how many miles do you have on Stella now? Funny that my car is older (by two days) and she may only have one mile on her, but I can't wait to add to that -- perhaps in around 10 days...

Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
It's here !!!

I picked up my new Clubbie LATE on Monday night. My camera sucks at night, but here are a couple of quick shots. I've already logged over 100 miles in just 1 full day of driving, and WOW. Sooooo worth the wait.

I'm trying not to look up while I wait for the Anthracite Headliner to arrive, and be installed.

Ahhhhh, sunlight, much better.

Last edited by LordRybo; 11-05-2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LordRybo
I picked up my new Clubbie LATE on Monday night. My camera sucks at night, but here are a couple of quick shots. I've already logged over 100 miles in just 1 full day of driving, and WOW. Sooooo worth the wait.

I'm trying not to look up while I wait for the Anthracite Headliner to arrive, and be installed.

Ahhhhh, sunlight, much better.

Nice looking ride - congrats!!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
So bhelton, how many miles do you have on Stella now? Funny that my car is older (by two days) and she may only have one mile on her, but I can't wait to add to that -- perhaps in around 10 days...
She's on her third tank of gas with just over 700 miles on her already. Your's has some catching up to do

Stella's getting ready for a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend. Colors here are still really nice this year.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:38 AM
STaSISnRI
1st Gear
IS ANYONE GOING WITH "VIPER" STRIPES? I AM STRONGLY CONSIDERING IT ON SHYLO...

Old 11-05-2008, 10:30 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
How are those different than the sport stripes? If they aren't any different, jimatvs has them on his clubman. I went with the standard racing stripes. I like them because they hard back to the leather straps that used to be on the original Austin Mini's

Oh, and to update my previous post, I just ticked over 800 miles. They're going by faster than I can count them. Today is my seventh day with her so I'm averaging over 100 miles/day. I hope she can keep up!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Wow, bhelton that is some mileage already and yes I DO have some motoring to do to catch up! My folks just moved to the state by the coast so I'll be doing many more weekend trips there -- looking forward to the drive, nice and twisty and I plan on driving late at night so there's no traffic.

LordRybo, nice Clubbie! Great color scheme and I like the black with the LiB!

Thanks to those who have rec'd theirs and let the rest of us smucks know that the wait is worth it. I can't wait to be saying the same .

Old 11-05-2008, 01:44 PM
matwags
1st Gear
Hey Rhybo, I dig that spoiler. I may try to talk my wife into one. I had the brake pads replaced yesterday for Carbotechs. Hopefully this will decrease the dust.

Matt

Old 11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Well, FINALLY got the call that my Mini may be ready as early as tomorrow night to pick up...got a great lease rate to boot!

Has anybody else on the West Coast received their call yet? I'll be picking up at South Bay Mini in Torrance, CA.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jimatvs
Well, FINALLY got the call that my Mini may be ready as early as tomorrow night to pick up...got a great lease rate to boot!

Has anybody else on the West Coast received their call yet? I'll be picking up at South Bay Mini in Torrance, CA.
jimatvs, was your MINI on the Turandot? I am a week 40 and my car was on Turandot which arrived on Mon 11/05. Though I'm in Seattle so it probably will be a week (+) before I'm behind the wheel.

Congrats to you for a pick up tomorrow!!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:39 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
jimatvs, was your MINI on the Turandot? I am a week 40 and my car was on Turandot which arrived on Mon 11/05. Though I'm in Seattle so it probably will be a week (+) before I'm behind the wheel.

Congrats to you for a pick up tomorrow!!
Thx for the congrats! Yes it was on the Turandot. I thought the Turandot ported again up in the PNW...doesn't it?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
When I went to pick up my MINI, there was a couple picking up a MY/B Clubbie right in front of me. I dreamed last night that I came across them in town and we had some good spirited racing around my town. That was a good dream.

...just had to share...

Old 11-06-2008, 09:18 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
When I went to pick up my MINI, there was a couple picking up a MY/B Clubbie right in front of me. I dreamed last night that I came across them in town and we had some good spirited racing around my town. That was a good dream.

...just had to share...
Thx for sharing!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jimatvs
Thx for the congrats! Yes it was on the Turandot. I thought the Turandot ported again up in the PNW...doesn't it?
Yeah, supposed to hit Tacoma, but as there is no VDC there, my MINI jumped ship in CA. So s/he'll be trucked up here (have to meet him/her to decide gender and name).

Fingers crossed that in a week I'll be the one behind the wheel!

Old 11-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Cellardoor
2nd Gear
woot! My Mini should b hitting the dealership tomm!

-Hutch-

Old 11-06-2008, 03:08 PM
STaSISnRI
1st Gear
Hey Hutch What is taking so long I have been Driving mine since 10-30-08

WOW I Love it!!!

BB

Originally Posted by Cellardoor
woot! My Mini should b hitting the dealership tomm!

-Hutch-

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group