1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:30 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, is anybody elses MINI missing a badge on the motor? I just noticed it the other day. I've seen a couple threads around here where people were missing badges...

Old 11-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
Hey, is anybody elses MINI missing a badge on the motor? I just noticed it the other day. I've seen a couple threads around here where people were missing badges...
Do you mean physically on the motor?

Old 11-06-2008, 09:39 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
If they aren't any different, jimatvs has them on his clubman.
Not sure if there is another jimatvs out there...but I have the bonnet stripes on the MC. I did debate about the sport stripes for a long time though. I really like the look However, I decided to go with the bonnet stripes because, in part, they are a more classic feel, which goes well with the rest of the theme of my Mini.

The sad thing is that she is sitting at the dealer now waiting for me and I may not be able to pick her up until Monday due to my schedule

It's killing me!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:39 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Folic Acid 9
Do you mean physically on the motor?
Yeah, on the engine. Do you have the logo on the engine?

Originally Posted by jimatvs
Not sure if there is another jimatvs out there...but I have the bonnet stripes on the MC. I did debate about the sport stripes for a long time though. I really like the look However, I decided to go with the bonnet stripes because, in part, they are a more classic feel, which goes well with the rest of the theme of my Mini.

The sad thing is that she is sitting at the dealer now waiting for me and I may not be able to pick her up until Monday due to my schedule

It's killing me!
Sorry about that. You quoted LordRybo with his pictures and I didn't look carefully enough. I thought they were your pictures, but it's LordRybo that has the sport/viper stripes.

Sorry to hear you can't pick her up until Monday. I don't know about where your at, but it will be a nice weekend for motoring where I'm at. Just take a long lunch and go pick her up!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:25 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Yeah, on the engine. Do you have the logo on the engine?

Sorry about that. You quoted LordRybo with his pictures and I didn't look carefully enough....Just take a long lunch and go pick her up!
No problem - the quoting system can be confusing at times!! I'm going to try and fit it in today at lunch if I can...hopes aren't too high though...

Old 11-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I definitely plan on taking time off work if necessary to pick mine up. The OL previously projected "at dealer" for 11/10, but now shows 11/08, though I'm not sure how accurate this is but boy would that great! Just waiting for that call from my MA.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Just looked... Miles' motor is badgeless.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Cellardoor
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by STaSISnRI
Hey Hutch What is taking so long I have been Driving mine since 10-30-08

WOW I Love it!!!

BB
yea yea, rub it in! no idea y its takeing so long but i got the call today! so ill be picking it up tomm!!!!! woot! sooooooooo excited! its all been kind of nebulous and surreal until today!

-Hutch-

Old 11-07-2008, 01:58 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Cellardoor
yea yea, rub it in! no idea y its takeing so long but i got the call today! so ill be picking it up tomm!!!!! woot! sooooooooo excited! its all been kind of nebulous and surreal until today!

-Hutch-
Oh boy, look out! Somebody will be motoring this weekend! Can't wait to see pictures. Almost all of our MINI's are accounted for. Whoopie!

Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
My MA sent me these pics...now I just need to get there...

Attached Thumbnails Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group-img00185.jpg   Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group-img00186_01.jpg  
Old 11-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Old 11-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Old 11-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Old 11-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Added Matte Black Stripe, Red Tow Arrows, and Mirror wording.

I jacked up putting the hood vinyl on, so I ran out of material for the back. I will have to do that later. It is a work in progress...

Also...I don't have any badging on the motor.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Surfink
4th Gear
I like the mirror wording, where did you find that?

Old 11-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Cellardoor
2nd Gear
WOOOOOOO MINI! i picked it up last night! sooooo much fun, and i love the color! it was a shitty rainy night last night so i didnt do much motoring but i got plenty in today. i went home to let my dad take a look at it, we went for a spin and i suprised him with the power the little bugger had!

My only complaint is it appears that the dealership didnt connect my driving lights..... they arnt working :-\ so i have to give them a call tomm to get that taken care of, i stupidly didnt check before i pulled away.

Im going to post these in the R56 picture thread but ill toss one up here for everyone ! take a look at what i found while taking a friend for a spin today!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...r/photo3-1.jpg

-Hutch-

Old 11-09-2008, 05:22 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
WOOOOOOO MINI! i picked it up last night! sooooo much fun, and i love the color! it was a shitty rainy night last night so i didnt do much motoring but i got plenty in today. i went home to let my dad take a look at it, we went for a spin and i suprised him with the power the little bugger had!

My only complaint is it appears that the dealership didnt connect my driving lights..... they arnt working :-\ so i have to give them a call tomm to get that taken care of, i stupidly didnt check before i pulled away.

Im going to post these in the R56 picture thread but ill toss one up here for everyone ! take a look at what i found while taking a friend for a spin today!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...r/photo3-1.jpg

-Hutch-
Nice ride! Your's I mean. It looks strikingly similar to another one I've seen

I saw your picks on the other forum. That's nuts. I would have done the same thing though. Congrats on getting yours. Happy motoring!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:30 PM
STaSISnRI
1st Gear
I have finally taken some photos... Here is the Link
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&id=650147408

>>>Hutch is that your Lambo???<<<

Old 11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Cellardoor
2nd Gear
lol yes, yes it is! it was seriously like half a shade off from MY as well which made it perfect!

O! i also got my first mini wave from the first mini i saw on the road today!

-Hutch-

Old 11-10-2008, 10:59 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by STaSISnRI
I have finally taken some photos... Here is the Link
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&id=650147408

>>>Hutch is that your Lambo???<<<
Beautiful ride! And great shots too. Let me know how you like cleaning those web spokes. I really wanted them, but I couldn't see myself keeping them clean.

On another note, I wrapped up my break-in this weekend (woohooo!) with a 600 mile road trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'll post some pictures soon.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:41 AM
matwags
1st Gear
I am with you bhelton, love those wheels but was concerned about keeping them clean. That is one reason I went with bridge spokes. They are smoother without crevices for brake dust to collect.

I had Carbotech pads put all around before we hit 100 miles. No break squeal, no change in brake feel and significant decrease in dusting. I cleaned the rims yesterday and finished with a coating of Zymol wheel wax. The rims were filthy with less than 200 miles on them.

The wheels feel like they have a coat of wax on them already.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:30 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
I was thinking about this last night and wanted to make sure you knew that in order to get the driving lights to work, you need to first push the button on the dash and then turn your high beams on (they only work with the high beams). They also reset each time you turn the car off, so you'll always need to go through that process each time after turning the car off. Hope that fixes your problem.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
On another note, I wrapped up my break-in this weekend (woohooo!) with a 600 mile road trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'll post some pictures soon.

Congrats bhelton, that is a nice milestone! I pick mine up Friday afternoon (wahoooo) and have a road trip planned immediately afterward to the Coast -- I've got some catching up to do!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:56 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Congrats bhelton, that is a nice milestone! I pick mine up Friday afternoon (wahoooo) and have a road trip planned immediately afterward to the Coast -- I've got some catching up to do!
Congratulations to you! You are going to be in for a fun weekend.

I've been a little hesitant to open it up, but I did today at lunch. I didn't think I could have any more fun than I already was, but man is it a thrill when you squeeze another 2000 rpms out of her. Although, I'll admit, it's a little disappointing when you turn onto an onramp with no one in front of you, you gun it and you're at 80mph before you get out of third gear... It's a quick 6.7 seconds!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Surfink
I like the mirror wording, where did you find that?
I saw it on some webpage that I could not find again, so I just had a guy make them.

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group