1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 12:28 PM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cellardoor
My only complaint is it appears that the dealership didnt connect my driving lights..... they arnt working :-\ so i have to give them a call tomm to get that taken care of, i stupidly didnt check before i pulled away.
There's a way to set that via the computer. My MA whizzed through the demo but I can't remember exactly how to do it. You might not have to trek all the way to the dealer if you can get someone to talk you through it on the phone -- or if you can find it in the manual.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:30 PM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Oh, forgot to mention! I finally got to pick up my car. Thought you might like to see a few photos:

glamour shot and...
dorking out the day I got him:

He's still nameless... any ideas?

Old 11-12-2008, 05:15 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
Oh, forgot to mention! I finally got to pick up my car. Thought you might like to see a few photos:

glamour shot and...
dorking out the day I got him:

He's still nameless... any ideas?
how about Green Lantern he was green black and white

Attached Thumbnails Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group-greenlantern.gif  
Old 11-12-2008, 05:36 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
took in the sights of the fall last week. got a little over 1100 miles so should be able to open her up next week.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:18 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wonderful pictures!!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
I celebrated fall a little myself this weekend. Also celebrated the end of break-in with a short little 600-mile road trip.

tuesday_next
, that's the best looking BRG I've seen. I really like the sport stripes on the green.

SaltNPepa, love the Euro plate. Looks great!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:45 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Great looking pics everybody!

Here's a pic of mine at home (you can click on it to make it big - I don't know how to post a non-thumbnail). She sure is fun to drive.

At pick up I decided to change out the checker side scuttles for the JCW side scuttles, which I think play nicely off the chrome mirrors.

Attached Thumbnails Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group-abc.jpg  

Last edited by jimatvs; 11-13-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:03 AM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jimatvs
At pick up I decided to change out the checker side scuttles for the JCW side scuttles, which I think play nicely off the chrome mirrors.
Good idea! The stock scuttles are cheap and plasticky looking and one of the first things I want to replace.

SaltnPepa, Wow! 1100 miles already?I haven't even broken 100 yet!

Thanks, Bhelton! I'm pretty pleased with myself for getting the sport stripes. It classes it up a little.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:57 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jimatvs
Great looking pics everybody!

Here's a pic of mine at home (you can click on it to make it big - I don't know how to post a non-thumbnail). She sure is fun to drive.

Nice ride! Love the chrome mirror caps with the black and silver. I saw a silver/black MINI here yesterday and they had tinted the windows with the reflective tint...it looked really sharp. Accented the silver and chrome really nice.

Is that a CA inspection/emissions sticker on your windshield? I thought VA's were big and ugly.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:45 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Clearly I need to get on the 'take some pretty pics' bus! Okay... I will have to get busy (been behind the wheel too much to shoot the shots!)

Nice looking rides, all! Congrats!

Old 11-16-2008, 06:29 AM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Did anyone else get the link to the "about your MINI" website by their MA? Its a whole series of videos for operating the various controls including the somewhat unusual intermittent wiper controls. (Don't ask. Let's just say I got caught in the rain without learning the technique for operating them!)

Old 11-16-2008, 10:32 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Did anyone else get the link to the "about your MINI" website by their MA? Its a whole series of videos for operating the various controls including the somewhat unusual intermittent wiper controls. (Don't ask. Let's just say I got caught in the rain without learning the technique for operating them!)
Thank you! I didn't get that from my MA, but it's got a lot of good info. I did see some info recently that my local dealer (Crown MINI of Richmond, VA) is having a "Getting acquainted with you new MINI day" at their dealership next Saturday from 10-noon for the couple other people on here in the area. You can check out rivercityminis.org for more info.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:08 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Thanks for the link. I wonder what other things lurk on the miniusa site we don't know about.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SaltNPepa
Thanks for the link. I wonder what other things lurk on the miniusa site we don't know about.
Good point. So far, there's this and the wireless4mini stuff that doesn't appear to be linked to the main site at all. Maybe it's through the OL? I don't spend much time there, so I don't know...

Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
tuesday_next thanks for the "about your MINI link" -- that really helps!

I'd like to announce the arrival of Winny (I believe that this will be her name or Roo):
I picked her up on Friday and just LOVE her! She far exceeds my expectations and I'm constantly wanting to motor. What utter joy! I already have over 500 miles on her and she's begging for more. She's been spoiled so far as we had the whole weekend together and lots of motoring, now she's learning that I work 9-5 and we can't play during those hours (I might indulge her on my lunch break...). It will be a little adjustment for her, but I'll make it up to her on the weekends and by giving her a few corners to play with during the commute.

Last edited by Coopdy; 11-17-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Added Roo as possible name
Old 11-17-2008, 02:36 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
Nice ride! Love the chrome mirror caps with the black and silver. I saw a silver/black MINI here yesterday and they had tinted the windows with the reflective tint...it looked really sharp. Accented the silver and chrome really nice.

Is that a CA inspection/emissions sticker on your windshield? I thought VA's were big and ugly.
Thx! Tinting is next on my list. I think I'll go with the 35% on 5 windows. I'll probably hold off on doing the sunroof to see if I really need it. Right now, the mesh provides pretty good sun filtering (although it isn't summer).

The sticker on the front is the temporary registration. I figured it looked big too...although then I thought maybe it looks big because the window is so small.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:12 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
tuesday_next thanks for the "about your MINI link" -- that really helps!

I'd like to announce the arrival of Winny (I believe that this will be her name or Roo):
I picked her up on Friday and just LOVE her! She far exceeds my expectations and I'm constantly wanting to motor. What utter joy! I already have over 500 miles on her and she's begging for more. She's been spoiled so far as we had the whole weekend together and lots of motoring, now she's learning that I work 9-5 and we can't play during those hours (I might indulge her on my lunch break...). It will be a little adjustment for her, but I'll make it up to her on the weekends and by giving her a few corners to play with during the commute.

Congratulations Coopdy! We're all so happy for you. I think you were the last of the Week 40ers here to take delivery so, in a way, it's just as satifying to all the rest of us here.

By the way, what's in your boot?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Congratulations Coopdy! We're all so happy for you. I think you were the last of the Week 40ers here to take delivery so, in a way, it's just as satifying to all the rest of us here.
THANK YOU, bhelton! It is nice to kinda round things off . I am amazed that my excitement has not diminished in the least and it's so nice to hear of all the rest of you still adoring your MINIs and your time spent with them .

By the way, what's in your boot?
Uhm..that's kinda personal (is this the blushing smilies?)...joking. I HAD to go shopping at the MINI store at the dealers and got a great jacket with MINI on the back and they gave out these great shopping bags that they had just received. So I thought it apropro that my boot have some MINI purchases already (and the bag is darn cute).

Old 11-18-2008, 08:21 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Yeah, the bags look pretty nifty. I passed on the merchandise, but I have a hefty Christmas list!

Now, we just kill time with road trip stories until our goody boxes from MINI come...right?

Old 11-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Yeah, the bags look pretty nifty. I passed on the merchandise, but I have a hefty Christmas list!

Now, we just kill time with road trip stories until our goody boxes from MINI come...right?

Yeah, it's pretty quiet in here now that we're all motoring . Last night my Clubman got her first bath and wax and I had LOTS of clearbra installed to protect her.

I'm with you on the Christmas wish list! I want gift certificates for details and detailing supplies as well.

Last edited by Coopdy; 11-19-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-20-2008, 12:29 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Yeah, I hear ya. Stella needs another bath, but it's just gotten so cold here. Her runnin' shoes are filthy though.

I haven't decided what I want to do to accessorize her, but I did just order her a brand new vanity plate. My first one! I've never had another car worthy of a vanity plate.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
hooknew
2nd Gear
vanity plate

Yeah, I hear ya. Stella needs another bath, but it's just gotten so cold here. Her runnin' shoes are filthy though.

I haven't decided what I want to do to accessorize her, but I did just order her a brand new vanity plate. My first one! I've never had another car worthy of a vanity plate.
Go with the UVA vanity plates. They look great on a Mini!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:31 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hooknew
Go with the UVA vanity plates. They look great on a Mini!
Haha, I bet! But I'm afraid I'm a displaced Hokie. I couldn't be caught dead with UVA plates.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Here is the latest...painted HL Rings and Grill surround with Plastidip...

Awesome Product

Old 11-26-2008, 08:44 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Folic Acid 9
Here is the latest...painted HL Rings and Grill surround with Plastidip...

Awesome Product
Is the plastidip the stuff that is used for tools? I like the look where can I get more into on it?

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group