1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rasputinj and I were week 40 build and got moved up to week 38 (he's moved to that thread, but I feel loyal to you all and so have stayed!)...our MCCS PW/B is sitting at the dock in the UK and will be boarding the Medea (boat) on Sunday 21 September on his way to the Westcoast!! We have named him 'Tuxman'!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:51 AM
edjd
2nd Gear
DARN the PLOY!!

I'd have to agree on the ploy of keeping you waiting and then you end up adding more stuff and then........overbudget !!!!

I originally budgeted around 23K and ending up just shy of 25K once the stripe installation is paid for!........ DARn anthracite Headliner, XENONs, armrest!!! and the sport bucket seats...... and DARN the need for wheels on the car........ and...

-edjd

Old 09-19-2008, 12:31 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by HTClubman
rasputinj and I were week 40 build and got moved up to week 38 (he's moved to that thread, but I feel loyal to you all and so have stayed!)...our MCCS PW/B is sitting at the dock in the UK and will be boarding the Medea (boat) on Sunday 21 September on his way to the Westcoast!! We have named him 'Tuxman'!
You feel loyal or you just want a place to brag?

Just kidding! You are always welcome here! You can be the wise one that we shall all look to for guidance in these tough times!

"Oh Wise One! How did thee survive thy wait!?!?"

Old 09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
I am surviving by

1. Hanging out with you all
2. Talking constantly about our new MCCS (it's killing people)
3. Dreaming about it
4. Tracking it via the owners lounge
5. My husand calls ASK MINI several times a week

Hang in there good people!!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:48 PM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
HTClubman, so nice of you to slum with us Week 40's. But soon you'll be out on the road and we'll still be calling ASK MINI to find out if our MINIs have landed yet.... Well, I'm glad you'll be keeping us company for another week or so!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:53 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
HTClubman, so nice of you to slum with us Week 40's. But soon you'll be out on the road and we'll still be calling ASK MINI to find out if our MINIs have landed yet.... Well, I'm glad you'll be keeping us company for another week or so!
Awww. Come on...I will be posting the lovely pictures of our new PW Clubman S. Be kind...I'm not slumming it! Just connecting with peeps who are enduring the same pain and suffering as I.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:08 PM
chefghryll
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coopdy
I just called for you (well about 30 minutes ago -- I allow myself two calls a week into them right now, this could change ) and was told that they have not assigned week 40ers production dates yet and maybe not until the 29th would I know, egads!

Thanks, I'll look into some of the info on the driving lights. I presume that the covers are extra? I agree that it would be easier to have them do the lights, though I've already pushed my budget further than it should have expanded. I know that all this waiting is their secret ploy for us to get comfortable with an amount higher than our original budget to then say what is $500 more every couple of weeks .
Alta, Outmotoring and VIP make some good products. The lights l have are 4 Hella 500's and a VIP four light bracket. They have a middle bracket to keep the whole thing from jumping around. lt's the same one going into the front of my NFR MCC.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:13 AM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by HTClubman
Awww. Come on...I will be posting the lovely pictures of our new PW Clubman S. Be kind...I'm not slumming it! Just connecting with peeps who are enduring the same pain and suffering as I.

Can't wait to see it!

Old 09-20-2008, 10:20 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Can I hang in here as a wannabe Week 40 while I wait for my production week?

I ordered on Thur 9/18 and received my production number yesterday. Today, my order on the OL went from what must have been a previous dealer slot (MCSa AB/B with about $9k in options) to my correct build:

'09 MCS PW/B, white turns, xenons, rear fogs, LSD, MFSW, black cloth, chrome int, anthracite HL, cream line, piano black.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:32 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
Can't wait to see it!
I can't wait either!!!

Old 09-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I can't wait for the Owner's Lounge to show something other than "On Order!"

Old 09-20-2008, 01:45 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
I can't wait for the Owner's Lounge to show something other than "On Order!"
It'll happen and it will feel great when it does!

Old 09-20-2008, 03:28 PM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
I can't believe it! I have been waffling ever since I placed my order and got my Prod. #. I been waffling about my color choice, whether I should add fog lights and I had to see for myself what all the fuss was over anthracite headliners. So, today... I actually went to the dealer today and my MA, bless her patient heart, showed me other MINIs in the garage with various options and waited patiently while I debated colors.

And I did it! I changed my mind. I swore I wasn't going to waffle! I changed to color from AB to BRG. From the first day I saw MINIs, I wanted BRG but then I thought the color looked so dark it might as well be black. But in my heart of hearts, I'm a green girl.

I also added fog lights front and rear.

This is my final choice. My MA said everything would probably lock in on Monday or Tuesday. Phew. Just got it in under the wire. Now I just have to wait....

Old 09-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Nice choice tuesday_next! I love the BRG with the white top! If we got a white top as a choice on the Clubman I might have gone with your color scheme. Glad that decision is over and now let's lock onto that production date!

Old 09-20-2008, 06:34 PM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Yeah, Coopdy! I'm crossing my fingers that I really am Prod. Week 40. My MA says I am but still... (fingers crossed and waved wildly in the air)

So the Clubman's aren't available with a white roof? Whatta bummer!

Old 09-20-2008, 07:59 PM
floridianstyle
1st Gear
my lady and I just ordered our MY MC on the 16th from Ferman. Our MA said we would be in the 40th week ( so swflaboy you should be too since you were at the same place 2 days later lol). the mini is going to be her daily driver but im more excited than she is right now

Old 09-21-2008, 06:02 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by floridianstyle
my lady and I just ordered our MY MC on the 16th from Ferman. Our MA said we would be in the 40th week ( so swflaboy you should be too since you were at the same place 2 days later lol). the mini is going to be her daily driver but im more excited than she is right now
That's what I'm hoping. I haven't asked them for the production week yet. I thought I would wait a few days and then call 866-ask-mini.

I just logged onto the owners lounge and my order details have changed to include the dealer number and pickup dealer.
Sounds good. But my model description has changed to 4-door sedan Cooper S. The factory options list is now blank also.

Last edited by swflaboy; 09-21-2008 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Brother_Bluto
2nd Gear
So in the owners lounge under "review order details"... is the factory installed options sections blank for your orders? Mine is - I thought when I looked a couple of days ago it was filled in, but today it is definately blank. The rest looks correct.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:50 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto
So in the owners lounge under "review order details"... is the factory installed options sections blank for your orders? Mine is - I thought when I looked a couple of days ago it was filled in, but today it is definately blank. The rest looks correct.
Yes, it is blank. The correct options were there yesterday.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:53 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto
Yikes, I just went to check mine and I can't even log into the OL, tried several times.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rdamico22
Yikes, I just went to check mine and I can't even log into the OL, tried several times.
I just tried and was able to log in but like for others my options were blank where they had been previously listed. The info must have been "sent on" to the plant to start building !

I wonder if the same thing happened to others outside of Week 40 production...

Old 09-21-2008, 11:25 AM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just tried and was able to log in but like for others my options were blank where they had been previously listed. The info must have been "sent on" to the plant to start building !

I wonder if the same thing happened to others outside of Week 40 production...
Yep, OL was down for a while this morning. A couple pieces of info are messed up on mine, but I'm sure there was an upgrade or equipment failure or something. I remain confident that MINI has their stuff together.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Cellardoor
2nd Gear
wooo tomm is Monday wich means i can call and bother ask mini for the start of a new week!

-Hutch-

Old 09-21-2008, 01:47 PM
jackbenimble4
1st Gear
I'm not completely sure I'm production week 40. When I called ASK-MINI a week ago, I was told that in the week of 9/28 - 10/4 production would start, and she should be finished by the week of 10/5 - 10/12. I'm not sure which would be my production week, but I'd guess I might be week 41.

I'm holding onto a hope that I'm week 40. I'm planning on calling tomorrow and explicitly asking for the production week.

Oh, and my MINI's information in the Owner's Lounge also got funked up, but I'm not worried since it seems so widespread.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:29 PM
floridianstyle
1st Gear
it takes about 8 days from start to finish the build so you are week 40 with the rest of us. It just gets finished on the 41st week is all. so close yet so far away lol

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group