1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:11 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wandrur
Yep, OL was down for a while this morning. A couple pieces of info are messed up on mine, but I'm sure there was an upgrade or equipment failure or something. I remain confident that MINI has their stuff together.
Yup, like everybody else, mine is a little messed up too, but I'm sure everything is fine on the other end. We only have another week before the tracking starts to get really fun! Pretty soon, everyone will need to start listing their actual production dates.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Okay, so who has called in today?

Last edited by Coopdy; 09-22-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: grammar police
Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Okay, so who's called in today?
Guilty

No news. They just said sometime next week. Anybody hear anything different?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:54 AM
MiniPHan
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the daily reminder!
I just called; still on schedule for week 40 - but, it is getting closer --NEXT WEEK!

Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniPHan
Thanks for the daily reminder!
I just called; still on schedule for week 40 - but, it is getting closer --NEXT WEEK!
Did they say anything about the website being jacked up?

Old 09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
MiniPHan
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, I didn't ask.
I did notice that the order info was blank today; had been up to date last week. Someone/thing must have messed up the site.
I'll be checking back on my regular four hour schedule ....

Old 09-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Darrr (pirate sound), nothing new here either. The ASK MINI person teased me at first saying that she though it started production but then said that the updated system was confusing to her. In the end I think things are just as they were last week: "On Order."

Just think, surely this time next week we'll be seeing some action!

Last edited by Coopdy; 09-22-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Folic Acid 9
Did they say anything about the website being jacked up?
I didn't ask but seems that the system was updated as she was a little confused by the arrangement of things and said that things has been changed a little.

Now I'm just looking forward to all my correct info showing in the Lounge again for peace of mind.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
I'm still so embarrassed about going to the dealer over the weekend and changing my order that I could't bring myself to call MINI for a status update.

According to my order confirmation on Saturday I had status 112 (Scheduled for Production) so I'm going to sit tight for a couple days before I maniacally call MINI every 20 minutes.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:34 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tuesday_next
I'm still so embarrassed about going to the dealer over the weekend and changing my order that I could't bring myself to call MINI for a status update.

According to my order confirmation on Saturday I had status 112 (Scheduled for Production) so I'm going to sit tight for a couple days before I maniacally call MINI every 20 minutes.
When I went to college, I was told that 60% of students change their major. I, being young and naive, thought that was preposterous. As you might imagine, I changed my major after one semester.

My MA told me my status changed to 112 last week. I'm assuming we're all 112 now. I just hope this week doesn't go by any slower than the last few.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:46 PM
jackbenimble4
1st Gear
I just called and was told I'm production week 41. I guess I gotta move on over to that thread now. Who knows, maybe I'll get pushed back into week 40.

I asked about the Owner's Lounge and was told they're having some problems, but the factory should have all the correct information.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:48 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jackbenimble4
I just called and was told I'm production week 41. I guess I gotta move on over to that thread now. Who knows, maybe I'll get pushed back into week 40.

I asked about the Owner's Lounge and was told they're having some problems, but the factory should have all the correct information.
...bummer.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:52 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Sorry to see you go, jackbenimble4. It'd be different if you were bumped the other direction. Who knows, our babies might still end up on a boat together.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Sorry jackbenimble4, though as bhleton suggested, week 40'ers and week 41'ers could be on the same boat.

So, I'm thinking ahead (imagine that) and wondering who of the week 40'ers might be on the same boat. My port is Port Hueneme (CA) -- the longest trip of all the boats . I wonder if any of our cars will be keeping each other company. I have heard that DS Clubbies usually win the shuffleboard competitions and that MY MINIs have historically been lucky at the bingo tables.

Last edited by Coopdy; 09-22-2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Because I can't type
Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Further research, yes I'm obsessed. Looks like the next boat leaving South Hampton for Port Hueneme after the starting production of my car would not be until Oct 13 (guess at least I don't have to stress about making that one as it should be easy enough). Though, that doesn't hit the port until Nov 2.

It's nice that WW keeps their schedule up to date on the pdf that is linked in the tracking your MINI thread. I'll try to settle in a Thanksgiving delivery and be happy with that.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 PM
tuesday_next
2nd Gear
Sorry, Coopdy! Your Clubman won't be able to beat my MC at shuffleboard as he'll be sailing into CHSPOA (Charleston, SC I believe). Maybe they can play a little online poker?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:26 PM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Looks like I'll be moving to the week 41 group also (is there one?). Oh well, I was just a week 40 wanna-be anyway. I called and talked to a live rep today for the first time and got the news.

I do have a question. When you talked to the live rep for the first time did they ask you for name and address info? I ask this because, once I gave them my name, they asked me if I lived at a certain address. That address was my previous address (6 years ago). How could they have that address? Totally perplexed.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by swflaboy
I do have a question. When you talked to the live rep for the first time did they ask you for name and address info? I ask this because, once I gave them my name, they asked me if I lived at a certain address. That address was my previous address (6 years ago). How could they have that address? Totally perplexed.
It was weird the last time I called (only called twice today and the second time was because the first time I could not get any info as I did not have my production number) they asked for all my info (name, address, telephone, email, egads). I asked her if they did not have this already and she was just verifying. Wonder if the system update had anything to do with this as I had never been asked this before...

Yes, tuesday_next, we're game for the online poker game, my MINI has to start earning her keep (or her down payment) .

Old 09-23-2008, 05:18 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Thanks for the new obsession, Coopdy! I didnt' know the ship schedules were out. Looks like you'll have a ship to yourself for now though. The first one after production for me is on Oct. 8. It's called the Tombarra which I've never heard of so who knows if that will even have MINI's on it. The next one I've heard of leaves three days later (the Integrity).

ASK MINI also verified my information and mine was also from a previous address. Weird. I just assumed if was because I signed up on their mailing list a while back so I could get brochures ans stuff.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:50 PM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
The first one after production for me is on Oct. 8. It's called the Tombarra which I've never heard of so who knows if that will even have MINI's on it.
I'm hoping to be aboard the Tombarra too! The Tombarra does indeed carry MINIs, my friend was a week 36er and his MINI arrived in NY last week aboard the Tombarra.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:22 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rdamico22
I'm hoping to be aboard the Tombarra too! The Tombarra does indeed carry MINIs, my friend was a week 36er and his MINI arrived in NY last week aboard the Tombarra.
Awesome! I'm hoping to have mine by Halloween. If it catches a boat any later than the Tombarra, I'm afraid it may miss it.

Where is yours going after it disembarks?

Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
Awesome! I'm hoping to have mine by Halloween. If it catches a boat any later than the Tombarra, I'm afraid it may miss it.

Where is yours going after it disembarks?
Disembarking at NYCPOA (which is actually in Jersey City), then off to Westchester MINI, then coming home to Nyack, NY.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:57 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rdamico22
Disembarking at NYCPOA (which is actually in Jersey City), then off to Westchester MINI, then coming home to Nyack, NY.
Well, I guess the VDC is where our MINI's will part ways. I'm assuming mine will take a truck down to Richmond, VA where I'll pick it up.

Anybody call ASK MINI lately? I promised myself I wouldn't call until Friday. It's hard!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
I just called ASK MINI, and nothing has changed.

Still scheduled for week 40, with no confirmed date. The rep said it could be this Friday, or it could be next Friday before my Clubbie rolls down the production line.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:24 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LordRybo
I just called ASK MINI, and nothing has changed.

Still scheduled for week 40, with no confirmed date. The rep said it could be this Friday, or it could be next Friday before my Clubbie rolls down the production line.
So do the production weeks start on Fridays?

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group