1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, he said that the production weeks do indeed start on Sunday. I think he was just referencing the date when I might be assigned an actual production date. Just guessing though.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
Anybody call ASK MINI lately? I promised myself I wouldn't call until Friday. It's hard!
I seem to be on a similar schedule. I am currently "allowing" myself to call on Mondays and Fridays. Shall we create a schedule of sorts that someone calls in and reports back for each day of the week? Since our numbers are not large at this time, what about 2 calls per person per week:

Mon: Coopdy
Tues:
Wed: rdamico22
Thurs: bhelton
Fri: Coopdy
Sat: bhelton
Sun:

I can change to other days if someone is dead set for certain days...AND OF COURSE call any day you want, but reporting back to the group would be helpful. Anyone interested? Or is it every MINI for him/herself .

Last edited by Coopdy; 09-24-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: updating list
Old 09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
rdamico22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
I seem to be on a similar schedule. I am currently "allowing" myself to call on Mondays and Fridays. Shall we create a schedule of sorts that someone calls in and reports back for each day of the week? Since our numbers are not large at this time, what about 2 calls per person per week:

Mon: Coopdy
Tues:
Wed:
Thurs:
Fri: Coopdy
Sat:
Sun:

I can change to other days if someone is dead set for certain days...AND OF COURSE call any day you want, but reporting back to the group would be helpful. Anyone interested? Or is it every MINI for him/herself .
OK, since Wed looks open I decided to call. I was just told that we won't actually get a production date assigned. Rather, the car just goes into production when they are ready for it. I also asked whether a VIN is assigned before production and was told "no" assigment of the VIN is actually the first step of production.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks rdamico22, I have added you for Weds . Agreed, can't wait to get a hold of that VIN. The car will seem a bit more tangible then and of course we can start taking care of other things such as loans and car insurance then.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:34 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
This is a good idea. I can take care of Thursday and Saturday.

Oh, and I read on another thread that someone tried to take care of their insurance when they got the VIN and couldn't because their insurance didn't recognize it. I think the car has to hit the VDC before insurance can pick it up. But, by all means, we can investigate financing.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bhelton
This is a good idea. I can take care of Thursday and Saturday.

Oh, and I read on another thread that someone tried to take care of their insurance when they got the VIN and couldn't because their insurance didn't recognize it. I think the car has to hit the VDC before insurance can pick it up. But, by all means, we can investigate financing.
Thanks bhelton, you're on for Thurs and Sat. I think ASK MINI would appreciate our efforts .

You're probably right about the insurance. I'll just start calling around to compare rates. I've had Geico before and liked their mechanical coverage (though it never paid off for me), so I'll call back there and see how competitive that they are. I am currently planning on using PenFed as their rates are good (currently 4.75% now I believe).

Old 09-25-2008, 05:34 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Yay! Something to do while we wait! Although, I've already got a policy with State Farm, so I'll just stay with them (great folks, by the way. Really paid dividends when my last car caught on fire ).

I haven't decided on financing yet. I'm affiliated with a credit union so I'll start there, but my other car is financed through State Farm's Bank, so I'll probably have to shop around once I get the VIN.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 AM
MiniPHan
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WooHoo!!!!
I just got off the phone with ASK MINI and my Mini is in production!
It should be finished by Mon. 9/30 (so much for the scheduled week 40 - sorry)
If the stars align it might make it to Southhampton and get aboard the COURAGE to get to NYC/Jersey City by 10/13!!!
I am shakin' with anticipation!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Congrats MiniPHan!!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:38 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniPHan
WooHoo!!!!
I just got off the phone with ASK MINI and my Mini is in production!
It should be finished by Mon. 9/30 (so much for the scheduled week 40 - sorry)
If the stars align it might make it to Southhampton and get aboard the COURAGE to get to NYC/Jersey City by 10/13!!!
I am shakin' with anticipation!
Congrats! Had you been scheduled for Week 40 all along?

I wasn't as fortunate. I just called and they said that I should begin production by Monday. Good enough for me!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
MiniPHan
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, it was scheduled for week 40 all along
What are the chances of getting to Southhampton by the 4th ??

Old 09-25-2008, 10:45 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
I don't know how long the trip from Oxford to Southhampton is. I can't imagine it's very long, but I guess the real question mark is when each MINI catches a train.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Since MiniPHan got bumped and I got conflicting info the other day, thought I'd check in with ASK MINI (k, did I give enough excuses?). My baby started production yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So lots of song and dance, yippee and all that, then I track the vessel and vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (air emptying from balloon), I'm on the same stinkin' boat. Looks like I'll miss the 9/30 boat (my completion is scheduled for Oct 1) and she will sit out in the cold (do they really sit outside for long periods ?) for nearly two weeks to catch the next boat to my port on Oct 13th.

So, I'll check in with the Week 39'ers, maybe play some cards, but likely I'll be on the boat with Week 40'ers. Funny, even though I started production before Week 40 and 41'ers, if you are on the East Coast more than likely you'll be driving in your car before me. Take a fun corner for me, sigh. But on the upside, I did get my VIN, wahooo and now I can't fuss about changes, whew!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:57 AM
edjd
2nd Gear
Question for Coopdy

Congrats Coopdy.

Curious though... the info. u received via phone (ask mini) does NOT show up at all on the website, right?..... not sure if I missed a thread somewhere, but did you have a reason to call? were u just curious on status?....

Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by edjd
Congrats Coopdy.

Curious though... the info. u received via phone (ask mini) does NOT show up at all on the website, right?..... not sure if I missed a thread somewhere, but did you have a reason to call? were u just curious on status?....

Correct, the info still does not show up online -- that system seems to be WAY behind. So, for the most current info call ASK MINI. I called because I'm obsessed and because others have been bumped up in production and because my husband calls it the support hotline and wonders if Dr. Phil answers.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 AM
edjd
2nd Gear
<--- that is so funny! DR PHIL!! no offense, but, I can't stand that guy!!!.................

Old 09-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
Well...you guys got me all excited that maybe mine started production today, so I called ASK MINI...

I have been bumped to week 41.

Sad day...sad day.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Brother_Bluto
2nd Gear
Just made my first call to ASK MINI. He first tells me that I was scheduled for production on 9/15... after I just about jumped up with excitment, he tells me that it has been changed to week 41. DOH! I am so bummed!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
^^^ Sorry guys! I wonder if that can change as it seems that many of these details change from day to day.

I'm rooting for ya!

Old 09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
I hate waiting...

Old 09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Folic Acid 9
2nd Gear
ASK MINI told me that she has seen it be pushed back and then moved forward again so I do hold some hope that I will still be in week 40. We will have to see.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:24 PM
bhelton
4th Gear
Man, that's rough. They really must like toying with us. At first I was bummed when I heard of so many folks getting bumped up and I wasn't, but anymore I'm just grateful I'm not getting bumped down. I guess folks getting bumped up and down are people are are borderline productions dates like Saturdays and Sundays. ASK MINI told me today mine should start production by Monday so it looks like I'm a solid Week 40.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
rdamico22
1st Gear
WW Logistics updated their shipping schedule today. The Tombarra is sailing a day later on Oct. 9th. The 8th was cutting it close... now we have an extra day to make the ship .

Old 09-26-2008, 10:42 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rdamico22
WW Logistics updated their shipping schedule today. The Tombarra is sailing a day later on Oct. 9th. The 8th was cutting it close... now we have an extra day to make the ship .
Awesome!

It looks like the Integrity is leaving on the 11th too. Let's hope that is our backup. How many days are MINI's "in production"? 7? 8? And does anyone know how long it generally takes to get to Southhampton?

Old 09-26-2008, 10:55 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
I'm not superstitious or anything, but having my new Clubbie sail on a ship named Integrity would not be a bad thing.

Quick Reply: Week 40 (9/28-10/4/08) Support Group