1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeremyjcw from the week 38 group wrote this hysterical funny insight about AskMini...I just had to share...

"Well, I tried to hold off calling 1-866-CRACKPIPE but the temptation was just too strong. "

that just cracks me up cuz' I feel like such a nut about this whole process!!!
Oh well, at least I have plenty of company.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 AM
slate_206
1st Gear
Originally Posted by minimo56
jeremyjcw from the week 38 group wrote this hysterical funny insight about AskMini...I just had to share...

"Well, I tried to hold off calling 1-866-CRACKPIPE but the temptation was just too strong. "

that just cracks me up cuz' I feel like such a nut about this whole process!!!
Oh well, at least I have plenty of company.

That is both true AND hilarious. I've often asked if all this online tracking is good for the psyche. I mean the car will arrive when it's good and ready. Calling 1-866-Crackpipe does give you the illusion of control but... it's just an illusion.

Excuse me while I log into the OL and see if it's been updated yet!

Old 09-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
Oh dear God, I thought I was the only one . Glad to know I've got a few fellow addicts! Now off to check the OL.....

Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
OK, I just called 1-866, how did you put it....Crackpipe and found out that my estimated completion date is the 13th! Woooo Hoooo!!

But I'm not addicted.....I can stop at any time......

Old 09-10-2008, 05:19 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
My OL status finally changed to awaiting transport, woo hoo! I checked the Wallenius site again this morning and entered my VIN, but still no matches. Anybody from Week 37 on a ship yet?

Old 09-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I called 1-866-Crackpipe and was told that my car was with the carrier heading down to port. The OL still has it listed as awaiting production. Sometimes feels like the right and left hand are not talking to each other.

The true test of your addiction really comes down to whether you have bought a radio controlled Mini, painted it your chosen color, and driven it around your house to keep from having Mini withdrawl. Not that I know of such additiction.

Now please excuse me, I need to finish the second coat of paint.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:45 AM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
Maaaan I'm only in the paint shop still scheduled for completion tomorrow though.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05Greenie
How is the wife and new buggy doing????
Wife and baby are doing great! I think the MINI will be done tomorrow, from what I was told!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
TaylorandAlison
1st Gear
Ask MINI says Scheduled to complete tomorrow.... My MA back home says I'm not even scheduled to START until next week...

I wonder who I'll be listening to....

Old 09-10-2008, 01:21 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
Just called, found out mine is now in the body shop with a estimated completion date of this Friday. Although the guy I spoke to says this could change so maybe mid next week also.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:00 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Just got off the "crack line" (ask-mini) and my completion date was pushed back to this Sunday the 14th.

I guess that's what I get for calling twice in one day. I promised myself I wouldn't call more than once a day. The addiction is getting stronger. I think I need a new hobby to occupy my mind until my MINI arrives.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mike and his mini
Hrm I'm am really contemplating adding the Multifunction Steering Wheel (Mainly for the cruise control feature). Beside that my vehicle is pretty much stock. What are your guys/gals thoughts on this (and any other add ons)?

Mike
I was kind of set against the multi-function wheel (just more complication, and I can reach the stereo on the dash, and a cleaner look for the wheel) until I found out no MFSW means no cruise.

I don't plan on using cruise that much but after owning my Mazdaspeed Miata for four years without cc (for some strange reason the MSM series was fully loaded but had no cruise control, maybe something with the turbo?) I realized even once in a while it's nice to have.

We went with a very basic car too, the options we ordered:

Front Fogs
Rear Fog
Cold Weather Package
Brushed Alloy Interior
White Signal Lenses
Multi-Function Steering Wheel
Rear Spoiler (base spoiler is different than the S one)

I'm not a huge fan of audio in cars and neither is my wife (it's going to be her car) so I didn't bother with the upgraded stereo although I can understand how many people would.

To me the clear lenses (especially on certain colors, the yellow/orange ones just clash) and rear fog lamp, at $100 each are no brainers, and you rarely see them on stocked cars at the dealer for some reason.

Cold Weather package would only make sense if you live in an area that does get a lot of cold weather, having ridden in a few cars with "bun warmers" it's a great option.

My wife complained she thought it was needless complication but she is always complaining about being cold so I know she'll change her mind.

Analogeezer

Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
I got the bun warmers too. In winter it's a blessing. I wish the online and crackline updated more frequently. It would be hilarious and awesome to get text messages or emails at every stage
Mini's marketing is extremely clever and this is a heavily marketed car. The only thing they need is to do a UK delivery like you can get with the BMWs, now that would be awesome... except for all the accidents when people drove on the wrong side of the road.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
mini265
1st Gear
Yesterday I called the "ask mini" automated system and was told my clubman was "Transported to the port of exit". Today I spoke with a real person who said it was still scheduled for production. I then called the automated line again. Previously I had given the vin which included letters TP. The automated system's reply sounded like TT. This time I gave the production number (all numbers) and got the same response,"Transported to port of exit". If the live person is right (and I hope not), I am a patient guy but I ordered the car on July 2 and the guy at "ask mini" says it will be at least another 6 weeks until it gets here!! I think I have the longest wait period of anyone I have seen.

Has anyone else seen differences between the automated system and the live people at "ask mini" where the automated system is more up to date than live? I would have expected the automated system to lag behind the live help desk.

Thursday: Called ask mini this morning and this time was told my Clubman has completed final inspection and will be shipped to the docks.

Last edited by mini265; 09-11-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
The OL has officially changed me over to Awaiting For Transport. I'm hoping this means I will get on a boat this week, and therefore make it to the states by the end of the month.

Very Excited!!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Sitting at the Dock of Southhampton

Somewhere in an earlier blog it was written that someone's mini was delivered at the Southhampton exit port on 9/9/08 and was told they may be booked on the 9/29/08 Independence II.

So, if this is true, our minis could be sitting at the exit port for 20 days before they begin their 14-16 days trip across the pond to the colonies.

Then, if you ordered any dealer installed additions, which I did, it could be another week. And, what is worse, if you are in the Greenville, SC Distribution area, as I am since I reside in Charleston, SC, my mini goes from the Charleston port to Greenville for dealer installation and QC then back to Charleston for a possible 1-2 days before delivery to me.

So roughly doing the math, 20 + 16 + 7 + 2 = 45 days aka 6 weeks and 4 days. Which equates to a delivery date of October 23rd.

I know it is worth the wait, but I orderd on 7/12/08, but they started on 9/4/08 and finished on 9/8/08 and sent it to Southhampton were it has been sitting since 9/9/08 too.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 AM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
Me too. Just called and the build is complete, yay! There are ships Saturday and Tuesday going to NY, so hopefully mine will reach the states by the 22nd or 26th depending.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
Emma Bean, Independence II departs Southhampton on 9/12, arrives in Charleston on 9/27. The Don Quijote is schedulded to depart on 9/19 and arrive in Charleston on 10/2. The Wallenius shipping schedule is posted at http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...=gener atePDF. I am hoping that I am on either of those, but looks like Week 36ers are just getting loaded now. My mini was completed on 9/8, may be next week for me .

Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
If I understand this right. Since my car was produced Sept. 8th, and is currently at the port of exit. That means I probably won't make the 9/12 boat? But likely will make the 9/19 boat which gets to the US on Oct. 2nd?

Anyone know how long it takes for a car to get from the East Coast to Kansas City?

I have a big car charity rally that I'm in on the 18th of October and I had hoped to have my Mini by then. Any chance that happens?

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Minnesota Mini
2nd Gear
Hey All....go check the WW site to see if you are booked. I just checked and am book on the Independence II (scedule to leave 09/13 and reach Charleston 09/27. One step closer (or a least it feels that way).

FYI -my car was finish on 09/09 so those who have been waiting are most likely booked or to be booked shortly. So Emma Bean hopefully you are booked!!!!!

Wizeguy9999 -You may already be booked on the Independence (arrives NY 09/22) if not, should be on the Don Quijote (Arrives NY 09/25)

Old 09-11-2008, 09:14 AM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mini265
Yesterday I called the "ask mini" automated system and was told my clubman was "Transported to the port of exit". Today I spoke with a real person who said it was still scheduled for production. I then called the automated line again. Previously I had given the vin which included letters TP. The automated system's reply sounded like TT. This time I gave the production number (all numbers) and got the same response,"Transported to port of exit". If the live person is right (and I hope not), I am a patient guy but I ordered the car on July 2 and the guy at "ask mini" says it will be at least another 6 weeks until it gets here!! I think I have the longest wait period of anyone I have seen.

Has anyone else seen differences between the automated system and the live people at "ask mini" where the automated system is more up to date than live? I would have expected the automated system to lag behind the live help desk.

Thursday: Called ask mini this morning and this time was told my Clubman has completed final inspection and will be shipped to the docks.
Mini 265, I think I have you beat on the wait time. We ordered May 11th.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Minnesota Mini
2nd Gear
Here is the WW tracking link

Here is the WW tracking link:

1) Tracking website: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/

2) select “Auto Cargo” from the menu on the right hand side of the page.

3) Enter your VIN

Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by siggiS
Mini 265, I think I have you beat on the wait time. We ordered May 11th.
I didn't realize the wait for a clubbie was so long! They seem to be in high demand. Its funny because I live in a fairly large metropolitan area and have only seen 2 in the last six months.

siggiS, Were you unable to get a production slot for an 08 or were you waiting for 09's?

Old 09-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Minnesota Mini
Here is the WW tracking link:

1) Tracking website: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/

2) select “Auto Cargo” from the menu on the right hand side of the page.

3) Enter your VIN
So when should I be upset that my car does not register on their site.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 AM
slate_206
1st Gear
I just got off the phone with Ask Mini and they said that since my clubman finished on 9/9 it may already be on a boat and if it isn't it should be on one by the end of the week!

Now I just need to obsessively check the shipping company's website now!

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group