1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 11:39 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Emma Bean
Oh my goodness my Mini is on a boat. Yes, Yes, Yes. She left on 9/12/08 on the Carribean Hwy. Thank you each so very much for sending me in the direction of K-Line and then calling the Charleston Dealer.

Arrival, per Dana at the Dealership, to port is approx. 9/25 then to the distribution center in Greenville on 9/26 for a 5-7 days dealer ad ons, then back to Charleston. HOO HOO. Now I know where Mini Moo is, on a boat.
Yaaayyyy for Emma Bean and Mini Moo!! I knew everyone's mini's couldn't be just sitting on the dock with all these boats comin' and goin'!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:42 AM
chefghryll
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For all of you on the Traviata coming to the west coast...she's pulling out! Hey l think l see my guy on the upper deck havin a cocktail! l hope he remember the talk we had about the new paint job and rough sea
And there she goes Be safe with all of our cargo, next stop Panama!

Old 09-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Success! I finally bypassed my MA and asked for the Sales Manager and he called me back and told me that I indeed was on the K-line boat last week, and that I should have my car well before October 18th (the day of my rally).

So excited!!

Now I can relax

Old 09-16-2008, 03:07 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Is there anyone else in this thread that is still waiting to finish building their Mini? Seems like everyone has gone to the port in Southhampton and shipped off for the States.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
Ha! I just got off the phone with 866 Crackpipe and found out that my little guy is all finished and sitting at the port, waiting to board a ship! So now I get to start plugging my VIN into the WW site and sit back and wait.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
chefghryll
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red Fred make sure you use capital letters for your vin #. l used lower case for a few days til my daughter said "Hey why aren't you using capital letters?" Agh! Agh! So l said "Don't you have some home work to do or something"

Old 09-16-2008, 04:25 PM
BobT
1st Gear
Still Waiting

I had to call my MA yesterday (after he did not call me back with info as he said he would) about my Mini's progress.

What I gleaned from talking to him was that my vehicle was on a ship and should be in port (GA) by the 23rd! He did not find out or know what ship it was on.

Askmini and the Mini website still show my vehicle waiting on the dock.

WW auto track tells me it has no info on my vehicle.

What other ships are expected to land in Georgia by the 23rd?

Old 09-16-2008, 04:43 PM
MsBrit
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
Success! I finally bypassed my MA and asked for the Sales Manager and he called me back and told me that I indeed was on the K-line boat last week, and that I should have my car well before October 18th (the day of my rally).

So excited!!

Now I can relax
Congrats on getting on the K-Line! Does the OL still say yours is awaiting transport? If it does maybe there is hope for Rupert He's been done since 9-6 and my MA evidently doesn't think it's important to let me know what's going on . My last contact with her indicated she would let me know when she knew something?????

Still in the dark

MsBrit

Old 09-16-2008, 05:05 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear

So excited!!

Now I can relax
Wizeguy - I just knew it but I didn't want to give you false hopes!! Good for you.

I'm starting to get nervous now. Yesterday the pushers at the crack line told me I was at port waiting for a ship and should take delivery in 3 weeks (which I thought seemed a little over zealous) now today I call hoping for confirmation of scheduling on a ship and they tell me I'm still at the factory and haven't even gotten on the train to Southampton

I'm not gonna be happy if I miss a boat this week-UGHHHH

Old 09-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MsBrit
Congrats on getting on the K-Line! Does the OL still say yours is awaiting transport? If it does maybe there is hope for Rupert He's been done since 9-6 and my MA evidently doesn't think it's important to let me know what's going on . My last contact with her indicated she would let me know when she knew something?????

Still in the dark

MsBrit
My OL STILL says I'm awaiting transport. I don't show up on the WW site, because I'm not on a WW ship. My MA said it was still at port. BUT, when I talked to the manager, he checked it himself and found me on the K-line from last friday heading to Charleston.

Don't believe anything. Keep hope and talk to someone who knows what they are doing!!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
Wizeguy - I just knew it but I didn't want to give you false hopes!! Good for you.

I'm starting to get nervous now. Yesterday the pushers at the crack line told me I was at port waiting for a ship and should take delivery in 3 weeks (which I thought seemed a little over zealous) now today I call hoping for confirmation of scheduling on a ship and they tell me I'm still at the factory and haven't even gotten on the train to Southampton

I'm not gonna be happy if I miss a boat this week-UGHHHH
THANKS!! You have too much good karma not to make a boat. Keep positive for yourself like you did for all of us!!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:55 PM
DaveJ50
2nd Gear
[SIZE=2]Hi folks, this is my first post although I have been lurking for weeks.

I also am among those who are awaiting transport. I didn’t get a production number until 9/8 and my dark silver MCS-a was completed on 9/9. That was all kind of nice because I didn’t have to wait and watch. After all, how long could it take to load a finished car onto a ship.

I'm guessing they have never had anyone show up in a 17ft fishing boat asking to pick up their car. Probably a bad idea.

[/SIZE]

Old 09-16-2008, 05:58 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Red_Fred,

Welcome to the dockside party. May be we can all get on the Don Quijote on the 19th or the Patriot on the 20th. I like the sound of being on the Patriot.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Gizmom
1st Gear
Mine was completed last Friday (the 12th). ASK MINI says it's been released to a carrier and is waiting to be sent to port.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
mini265
1st Gear
Name of your MINI

Ok everyone - I know there has been a lot of angst about the status of your MINI. I see alot of you (maybe most) have given it (him or her) a name..Little Boy Blue, Otis, Rosie... Well my Nightfire Red Clubman is on the water and I was telling my family about how all of you are naming your MINI's. Their question was what have I name mine? Hoping to stir up a laugh, I said Reddiwhip (get it). The name seems to have stuck. Any suggestions on how I can reverse this?? It is an embarreasment.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
Greg_N3MPR,

Either the Don Quijote or the Patriot have a nice ring to them to me right now! Here's hoping that we're all on a boat, sailing the high seas soon.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mini265
Ok everyone - I know there has been a lot of angst about the status of your MINI. I see alot of you (maybe most) have given it (him or her) a name..Little Boy Blue, Otis, Rosie... Well my Nightfire Red Clubman is on the water and I was telling my family about how all of you are naming your MINI's. Their question was what have I name mine? Hoping to stir up a laugh, I said Reddiwhip (get it). The name seems to have stuck. Any suggestions on how I can reverse this?? It is an embarreasment.
I actually think having a story is a great way to name the car. I wouldn't be embarrassed at all. I told my wife that we needed to come up with a name and she said Emo Smurf, because he's small, blue, and has a lot of black make up on (roof, mirrors, stripes). It's not quite what I was hoping for... but it's starting to stick. Just embrace it and move on. I'm having t-shirts made

Old 09-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
Congrats to Emma Bean and Wizeguy

Hey, that's great news for both of you!! Its frustrating that the OL seems to stop updating once a mini leaves the factory.

Sorry for the slow response to your good news, I am still without power at home after Ike rolled through central Ohio and cannot post from home.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I Need Your Help!!

I figured I would let my fellow week 37'ers help me out.

As I've mentioned before, I'm doing a charity rally on October 18th (My Mini Manager "guarenteed" I'd have it by then). We are making T-shirts for Team Mini JCW.

We know what the front of the shirts will say. But I need a catchy phrase related to Mini for the back.

Feel free to come up with ideas that relate to Mini or John Cooper himself. All phrases should be humorous.

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:40 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Tamerlane at Southampton

The Tamerlane is at port right now and scheduled to leave Southampton tomorrow. She stops at New York, Baltimore and Savannah, GA.

Hopefully we can get a few more MINI's off the dock and home to their anxious parents!!

Old 09-17-2008, 11:32 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
THANKS!! You have too much good karma not to make a boat. Keep positive for yourself like you did for all of us!!
Thanks my fellow week 37'er! I needed that... I was kinda down last night when it seemed like I was headed in the wrong direction. I called today and was assured that I'm at port and should catch a ship soon but couldn't get my code out of her. Its weird cause some of the "pushers" offer the production code and others won't give it up to save their life.

There are 4 ships leaving between tomorrow, Friday and Saturday heading for the states with bellies full of MINI's. Hear's hoping ALL of us get on a boat VERY soon.

I didn't miss your request for help with a catch phrase or cool slogan for the back of your shirts... I'm trying to come up with something, but unfortunately work is getting in the way of my NAM time.

Last edited by kellypgh; 09-17-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
This is interesting.

Yesterday I found out my Mini made the Caribbean Highway. The port of origin for my Mini, per the dealer, was Bremerhaven, a german port, not Southhampton. I am trying to figure out why my Mini went to Bremerhaven instead of a short train ride to Southampton from Oxford. Any one else find that their Mini went to Bremehaven? My Mini was completed on 9/5/08 and I was told it was sitting at the dock on 9/8/08. Then my Mini fell off the radar, no one could find out where she was, then she showed up on the Caribbean Highway.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:50 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Emma Bean
Yesterday I found out my Mini made the Caribbean Highway. The port of origin for my Mini, per the dealer, was Bremerhaven, a german port, not Southhampton. I am trying to figure out why my Mini went to Bremerhaven instead of a short train ride to Southampton from Oxford. Any one else find that their Mini went to Bremehaven?
Most all of the ships start in Bremerhaven and then the first stop is in Southampton. I'm sure it was picked up at the port in Southampton and then started its trek accross the Atlantic.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
Congrats kellypgh

Keep us posted when you find out what ship you are on!

Old 09-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
Most all of the ships start in Bremerhaven and then the first stop is in Southampton. I'm sure it was picked up at the port in Southampton and then started its trek accross the Atlantic.

Thank you. I just had this creepy feeling they were not telling me something about my mini's whereabouts. And, I wanted to share my story in case anyone else had that creepy feeling too.

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group