1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Call sign for the Caribbean Highway is H9ZW. But, if you go to SailWX they, as of today, have not had a report from the vessel since 9/13/08. I called the Charleston Port and they said that not all Captains report in while they are in international waters unless they may be going to be delayed in their arrival more than a day. I was trying to locate the Lloyds code which shows up on the tracking map, but the Charleston Port would not release it to me. I understand with all the security measures.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Emma Bean
The Call sign for the Caribbean Highway is H9ZW. But, if you go to SailWX they, as of today, have not had a report from the vessel since 9/13/08. I called the Charleston Port and they said that not all Captains report in while they are in international waters unless they may be going to be delayed in their arrival more than a day. I was trying to locate the Lloyds code which shows up on the tracking map, but the Charleston Port would not release it to me. I understand with all the security measures.
So you are saying that because their are no reports... that means it's on time!!

(Mr. Burns Voice) Excellent...

Old 09-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
So you are saying that because their are no reports... that means it's on time!!

(Mr. Burns Voice) Excellent...

I am in agreement. The person at the Charleston port did not lead me to believe any thing other than that. But, I plan on checking SailWX and calling the port on the 24th just to check. I would think that once it gets closer to the USA we should be able to see it on the tracker.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:01 AM
lil_tiger
Neutral
Does anyone know when the Caribbean Highway is supposed to dock in Charleston, SC? I was looking here http://www.scspa.com/vessel_schedule.asp at the expected Vessels for the next 30 days and the Caribbean Highway is not listed. My MA will not return my calls. I'm trying to find out "about" when I can go pick up my lil' tiger. I live 3 hours from the dealership, my dh and I both work and we have 3 kids. I need to plan ahead to take off work and get a babysitter. Not to mention we have a family reunion trip the weekend of the 27th.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lil_tiger
Does anyone know when the Caribbean Highway is supposed to dock in Charleston, SC? I was looking here http://www.scspa.com/vessel_schedule.asp at the expected Vessels for the next 30 days and the Caribbean Highway is not listed. My MA will not return my calls. I'm trying to find out "about" when I can go pick up my lil' tiger. I live 3 hours from the dealership, my dh and I both work and we have 3 kids. I need to plan ahead to take off work and get a babysitter. Not to mention we have a family reunion trip the weekend of the 27th.
Look a the VESSEL REPORT page and then page down to the UP (Union Street Port). I have copied and pasted the entry for you. But, look anyway on the site. Keep in mind the the cars are sent to the Greenville Distribution center for another week for QC.
UP
3 WESTERN HIGHWAY
CAROLINA SHIPPING AND 616 9/19/2008 Discharge: VEH
Load: VEH 4 INTEGRITY
WALLENIUS AND WALLENIUS WILHELMSEN 652 9/20/2008 Discharge: VEH
Load: VEH 3 TOMBARRA
WALLENIUS AND WALLENIUS WILHELMSEN 655 9/21/2008 Discharge: VEH
Load: VEH 4 CARIBBEAN HIGHWAY
CAROLINA SHIPPING AND 588 9/25/2008 Discharge: VEH
Load: VEH 2 PRIMROSE ACE
NORTON LILLY INTERNATIONAL 656 9/25/2008 Discharge: VEH
Load: VEH 3 INDEPENDENCE II
WALLENIUS AND WALLENIUS WILHELMSEN 653 9/28/2008 Discharge: VEH
Load: VEH 3 DON QUIJOTE
WALLENIUS AND WALLENIUS WILHELMSEN 747 10/2/2008 Discharge: VEHICLES s listed there

Old 09-18-2008, 07:59 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
I figured I would let my fellow week 37'ers help me out.

As I've mentioned before, I'm doing a charity rally on October 18th (My Mini Manager "guarenteed" I'd have it by then). We are making T-shirts for Team Mini JCW.

We know what the front of the shirts will say. But I need a catchy phrase related to Mini for the back.

Feel free to come up with ideas that relate to Mini or John Cooper himself. All phrases should be humorous.

Thanks!
I couldn't come up with anything humorous but what about:

"Motoring for Children's of K.C." or "Motoring Mini's of Missouri" and maybe a cool graphic of a pic of a MINI. Maybe you could do one of the "cars" images lots of people use in their signature. Sorry I'm not more help with the graphics. Here's a link to the thread where all the "cars" graphics are.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=71003

I'm so glad your MA garanteed your MINI for you in time for the rally. You definitely have to post a pic with you (wearing your customized tshirt) and your MINI the day of the race!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:17 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
Just found out mine will be picked up tomorrow on the Don Quijote! So either it will get dropped of in Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
ShipAIS Caribbean Highway

Per this site the Caribbean Highway should dock at Cape Henry, Chesepeake Bay,VA on 9/20 at 23:00 (11:00 pm)

I would guess it would be docked at least 24 hours to export some cargo, refuel, re-stock supplies and then embark to Charleston.

HOO HOO

Old 09-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Casey61
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mike and his mini
Just found out mine will be picked up tomorrow on the Don Quijote! So either it will get dropped of in Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA.
If your MA gave you a PDF that lists your Production Number, you can find "Port Loc" which will indicate where your Mini will be dropped. The code for Charleston is CHSPOA. The How to Track your Mini post that is stickied at the top of the 1st Gear forum lists all of the codes. Hope this helps!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Along with a lot of others, I have been booked on the Don Quijote, which I found out a few days ago. It is listed to be leaving port today!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:24 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Hello out there- is there anyone left in week 37 who hasn't been confirmed on a vessel yet other than poor old me???

Old 09-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
Hello out there- is there anyone left in week 37 who hasn't been confirmed on a vessel yet other than poor old me???
Kellypgh... you wouldn't allow others to feel blue so I won't let you. Remember that I could I not find my car on the web, OL, crack-line, or through my MA, HOWEVER, it was actually on a ship heading to the states, and I didn't find that out for a WEEK after it already set sail.

The resources are great... when updated.

Keep the hope alive!!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:35 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Kellypgh... you wouldn't allow others to feel blue so I won't let you. Remember that I could I not find my car on the web, OL, crack-line, or through my MA, HOWEVER, it was actually on a ship heading to the states, and I didn't find that out for a WEEK after it already set sail.

The resources are great... when updated.

Keep the hope alive!!
Thanks Wizeguy... I'm trying but its difficult because half of week 38 has now confirmed their "cruise reservation" and had placed their orders a week or two after me. Don't misunderstand- I'm happy for them but I sure hope my MINI drives faster than he has moved through production and onto a vessel!

BTW, did you see my post several prior to this responding to some ideas for your rally? I know they are probably weak ideas but wanted you to know I at least tried to put some grey matter to your request!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Like Wizeguy9999, I was under the impression that my mini was sitting on the dock at Southampton when it actually had been loaded on the Caribbean Highway on 9/12/08, even my Dealer had no idea it was on the vessel until Monday or Tuesday of this week (9/15-19/08). Mini Moo had been listed under the BMW manifest instead of the Mini manifest, so, for me and the Dealer, is where the confusion began. So, I would not be surprised if your Mini is sitting in a WW or K Line nursery sailing across the Atlantic to you.

Where is your Mini suppose to be delivered to? What Dealership?

Old 09-19-2008, 06:55 AM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
kellypgh,

I do not have a confirmed ride yet either. But like others have said we could both already have rides and not know it.

Good Luck!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:04 AM
mdr29
1st Gear
Still trying to hitch a ride to Charleston as well...

Old 09-19-2008, 07:10 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Thanks Wizeguy... I'm trying but its difficult because half of week 38 has now confirmed their "cruise reservation" and had placed their orders a week or two after me. Don't misunderstand- I'm happy for them but I sure hope my MINI drives faster than he has moved through production and onto a vessel!

BTW, did you see my post several prior to this responding to some ideas for your rally? I know they are probably weak ideas but wanted you to know I at least tried to put some grey matter to your request!
I had not noticed. My stupid email alerts have only been popping up once in a while. Very annoying. Seems I miss a lot inbetween posts.

Thanks for the ideas!! I'll certainly take some photos and post them here. They usually do a "track day" event two days before the event. So now I'm getting greedy and hoping that I can get the car early enough that I can take a cruise and get my break in done before the track day (Won't happen... but I can dream)

Keep your head up!!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:52 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Oh good- at least I'm not alone! As of yesterday, my MINI was just sittin 'round hoping to get picked because I spoke to my MA (amazingly he finally returned my call) and was able to get a status code of 193, which is ready to be shipped but not scheduled on a vessel yet.

I keep plugging my VIN into the WW site but if I see this one more time I'm gonna :

[SIZE=4]No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]

Old 09-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
I am sure you are on the Southern Highway leaving Southampton today and docking on Charleston on the 2nd. Seems like a lot of us mid-westerners are on the K-Line ships.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Yeah. Oddly all of us who were on the Caribbean Highway this past week were midwest people also.

Very possible that midwesteners are all on k-line.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 AM
BobT
1st Gear
Kelly-

I have not found out what ship I am on officially, but, my MA told me it should arrive in Brunswick on the 23rd?

Any idea what ship that would be? WW autotrack can not find my vehicle.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Miki
2nd Gear
Oh good- at least I'm not alone! As of yesterday, my MINI was just sittin 'round hoping to get picked because I spoke to my MA (amazingly he finally returned my call) and was able to get a status code of 193, which is ready to be shipped but not scheduled on a vessel yet.

I keep plugging my VIN into the WW site but if I see this one more time I'm gonna :

[SIZE=4]No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
I'm not confirmed either! Worst thing is I'll be out of town for the last 2 weeks in October. If it comes in while I'm gone, do I let my DH pick it up and have all the fun without me or leave it at the dealer?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:09 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by n3mpr
kellypgh,

I do not have a confirmed ride yet either. But like others have said we could both already have rides and not know it.

Greg, with you being in WVa & me in West PA, I bet our stunning Laser blue mini's will be partying together on a ship soon.

Good Luck!
Originally Posted by mdr29
Still trying to hitch a ride to Charleston as well...
Welcome mdr29! What did you order?

Originally Posted by Casey61
I am sure you are on the Southern Highway leaving Southampton today and docking on Charleston on the 2nd. Seems like a lot of us mid-westerners are on the K-Line ships.
Hey Casey! You might be right with Southern Hwy although according to the schedule I saw for K Line, this vessel leaves tomorrow. I'll take it, or any ship at this point!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BobT
Kelly-

I have not found out what ship I am on officially, but, my MA told me it should arrive in Brunswick on the 23rd?

BobT-
Where are you as far as your production? If you are completed and sitting at the dock, you should be arriving before then. Maybe he meant delivery from the dealer on the 23rd? It still seems long though.

Don Quijote

Old 09-19-2008, 09:50 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BobT
Kelly-

BobT-
Where are you as far as your production? If you are completed and sitting at the dock, you should be arriving before then. Maybe he meant delivery from the dealer on the 23rd? It still seems long though.

I believe you will definitely be on WW because none of the K Line ships show a stop in Brunswick. Here is the schedule for the next week or so on WW.

Don Quijote leaves 9/19 arrives Brunswick 10/3
Patriot leaves 9/20 arrives Brunswick 10/6
Undine leaves 9/23 arrives Brunswick 10/8
Fedora leaves 9/30 arrives Brunswick 10/15
Courage leaves 10/3 arrives Brunswick 10/20

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group