1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Miki
I'm not confirmed either! Worst thing is I'll be out of town for the last 2 weeks in October. If it comes in while I'm gone, do I let my DH pick it up and have all the fun without me or leave it at the dealer?

Miki, this just a suggestion, I would personally leave it at the Dealer because they have a long checklist they are going to have to go over with you before you tear out of their lot. At least that is what my Dealer has told me. They
(Dealer) said plan to take at least 2-4 hours with them going over the added features to make sure you have a basic grasp of the mini.

Now if you are a previous Mini owner, you still want to leave it at the Dealer for safe keeping.

2009 Cluman S Chilli Red, Automatic Transmission, Tuscan Leather, Navigation, Sirius, Convenience Pack, 17" web spoke wheels, sports strips bonnett and boot, Premium Package, 10-Speaker Hi-Fi Sound System, Multi function Steering Wheel Tuscan, Sun Shade, Roof rack, Luggage Rack.

I also bought a cargo cover from another site to match the Tuscan Leather and protect the cargo area from my two Eng. Spring. Spaniels.

Last edited by Emma Bean; 09-19-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:01 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
I'm not confirmed either! Worst thing is I'll be out of town for the last 2 weeks in October. If it comes in while I'm gone, do I let my DH pick it up and have all the fun without me or leave it at the dealer?
Hi Miki,

What is your port of arrival? I wouldn't make any decisions until you find out which ship you are on. My MA said once it arrives to Charleston, it takes the carrier approx 1 week to get the car to the dealer and then they will need it for at least 3 days to clean it up and install any extras.

I think it will probably be mid October for me judging from everything they've told me. I would guess you are probably about the same unless your port is in California. If so, I think that adds approximately 1 more week. The Medea leaves on 9/21 and arrives at Port Hueneme, CA 10/12.

I know I wouldn't want my husband to pick my baby up without me.
Plus, I would want to be there when the dealer goes over all the details of the car which is pretty thorough from what I've been told.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Miki
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Emma Bean
Miki, this just a suggestion, I would personally leave it at the Dealer because they have a long checklist they are going to have to go over with you before you tear out of their lot. At least that is what my Dealer has told me. They
(Dealer) said plan to take at least 2-4 hours with them going over the added features to make sure you have a basic grasp of the mini.

Now if you are a previous Mini owner, you still want to leave it at the Dealer for safe keeping.

2009 Cluman S Chilli Red, Automatic Transmission, Tuscan Leather, Navigation, Sirius, Convenience Pack, 17" web spoke wheels, sports strips bonnett and boot, Premium Package, 10-Speaker Hi-Fi Sound System, Multi function Steering Wheel Tuscan, Sun Shade, Roof rack, Luggage Rack.

I also bought a cargo cover from another site to match the Tuscan Leather and protect the cargo area from my two Eng. Spring. Spaniels.

Excellent point, I didn't think about the lengthy introduction to my MINI! I most definitely want to be there for that! I was worried about my MINI getting poked and prodded by strangers while sitting on the lot waiting for me. I like the word "safekeeping" and will keep that on my mind.

Originally Posted by kellypgh
Hi Miki,

What is your port of arrival? I wouldn't make any decisions until you find out which ship you are on. My MA said once it arrives to Charleston, it takes the carrier approx 1 week to get the car to the dealer and then they will need it for at least 3 days to clean it up and install any extras.

I think it will probably be mid October for me judging from everything they've told me. I would guess you are probably about the same unless your port is in California. If so, I think that adds approximately 1 more week. The Medea leaves on 9/21 and arrives at Port Hueneme, CA 10/12.

I know I wouldn't want my husband to pick my baby up without me.
Plus, I would want to be there when the dealer goes over all the details of the car which is pretty thorough from what I've been told.
Spoke to MA today and no ship confirmed yet. I believe Charleston is my port. He couldn't give me an estimate until the car hits the U.S. Best guess is that we will have to take delivery when I return. That's probably the better scenario. Can you imagine getting your baby, driving a couple days then leaving him with DH for 2 weeks?

Old 09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Skye2
3rd Gear
Hi everyone. My Clubman S is also on the Medea heading to Port Hueneme.

Last edited by Skye2; 09-19-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:30 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Another long weekend of wondering cause I just got off the crack-pipe line and pleaded the production code out of the "pusher" and I'm still only 193 and have not been selected for shipment- UGH!

There are week 38 people already confirmed on the Patriot and Don Q. Southern Hwy is at port along with the Don Q... its not lookin' good for Little Boy Blue.

Greg, MDR, Bob-Anybody else get an update on status?

Old 09-19-2008, 01:50 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Hello out there- is there anyone left in week 37 who hasn't been confirmed on a vessel yet other than poor old me???
I don't have a confirmed vessel yet either. If I am lucky, we should make the Medea leaving the 21 and getting into CA on the 10/12. Seems like there are quite a bit more East Coast Ships. There is only one a week leaving for the West Coast.

Is there anyone else on the West Coast, who is still waiting like me????

Old 09-19-2008, 01:58 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by siggiS
I don't have a confirmed vessel yet either. If I am lucky, we should make the Medea leaving the 21 and getting into CA on the 10/12. Seems like there are quite a bit more East Coast Ships. There is only one a week leaving for the West Coast.

Is there anyone else on the West Coast, who is still waiting like me????
Hey SiggiS, that makes 5 of us waiting to get confirmation. Hopefully you will hear something soon cause Skye2 (2 posts above yours) is booked on the Medea and from CA.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:58 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Skye2
Hi everyone. My Clubman S is also on the Medea heading to Port Hueneme.
Skye2, just saw your post. What day was your Clubman finished? Mine was done on the 15th. I am really hoping to make it on the Medea. The folks at ASK MINI said that there was a chance I might make it. Didn't sound to encouraging.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Skye2
3rd Gear
Kellypgh, If you have a VIN, try checking here.The owners lounge information isn't up to date at times.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/

Old 09-19-2008, 01:59 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
kellypgh,

Nothing yet. I guess that means our Mini's will sneak out and party in Oxford tonight.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:00 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Hey SiggiS, that makes 5 of us waiting to get confirmation. Hopefully you will hear something soon cause Skye2 (2 posts above yours) is booked on the Medea and from CA.
I am going to the WW website right now to check again. Thanks kellypgh!

Old 09-19-2008, 02:04 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
If you have a VIN, try checking here.The owners lounge information isn't up to date at times.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/
Still nothing. But I won't give up, will check later on again.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Skye2
3rd Gear
Skye2, just saw your post. What day was your Clubman finished? Mine was done on the 15th. I am really hoping to make it on the Medea. The folks at ASK MINI said that there was a chance I might make it. Didn't sound to encouraging.
I think it had been scheduled for completion on the 15th also. Now the lounge says awaiting transport.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Miki
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by n3mpr
kellypgh,

Nothing yet. I guess that means our Mini's will sneak out and party in Oxford tonight.
Nothing for me yet either. Count me in on the pub crawl.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Skye2
3rd Gear
I feel for those who aren't on a transport ship yet. Keep the faith. Your Minis need a bit more time to be born.

(Oh btw, I want to move to Washington)

Old 09-19-2008, 02:26 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by n3mpr
kellypgh,

Nothing for me yet either. Count me in on the pub crawl.
While our Mini's are off partying it up in Oxford, I think I'll do the same to try to pass some time!
I feel for those who aren't on a transport ship yet. Keep the faith. Your Minis need a bit more time to be born.

(Oh btw, I want to move to Washington)
My Mini finished production on the 14th... gotta get on a ship soon too if you did Skye2!

Old 09-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Skye2
3rd Gear
Yes kellypgh, it should be on a ship soon.

Last edited by Skye2; 09-19-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:21 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
I just checked the map that lists all ships in Port right now, I don't see the Medea yet. Anyone know when she is supposed to come in?

Old 09-19-2008, 03:30 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
I just checked the map that lists all ships in Port right now, I don't see the Medea yet. Anyone know when she is supposed to come in?
The Medea comes in to port on the 21st according to the WW schedule.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:37 PM
mdr29
1st Gear
Thanks for the welcome, kellypgh! According to the ASK-MINI rep, my Clubman was completed on the 12th and arrived at the port of exit on the 15th. He also claims that they can't tell whether it's on a ship or not at this point but that my salesman would be able to give me more info (unfortunately, you can count me among those whose MA hasn't been especially responsive to email and voice messages). But I'm holding out hope that the little guy is making his way to me as I type.

Fingers crossed for everyone in the same boat...

Old 09-19-2008, 05:34 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
mdr29,

While your Clubman is waiting it can party with ours. The ASK Mini rep was being up front with you. Once the cars are turned over to the carrier for transport they don't have any info. Your dealership is the best source.

If you have not found it yet, take a look at this post:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=144057

It has great info on tracking your Mini.

Welcome to the party..........

Old 09-19-2008, 05:49 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
Rats! Nothing for me either. I missed the boat again. I'm planning on calling my car Linus, because it's blue and I like Peanuts, but I'm starting to feel a little bet like Charlie Brown.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by minimo56
Rats! Nothing for me either. I missed the boat again. I'm planning on calling my car Linus, because it's blue and I like Peanuts, but I'm starting to feel a little bet like Charlie Brown.
A little off topic but that sounds like me! I got two kittens a few years ago, brother and sister. Female was black haired, with scattered white on the paws and such, and the male was reddish/brown. Female just meowed loudly on and on for the longest time. Real fussy. I thought "sister w/black hair, and a "fussbudget" and her brother with brown hair and quiet.

Yup, named them Linus and Lucy.
I'm a big Peanuts fan from way back.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:49 AM
siggiS
2nd Gear
I just double checked our VIN number, and noticed that some how I had a missing number. Back to the Auto tracking link and sure enough, our Hermione is booked on the Medea. One step closer to getting her home.
To everyone else who doesn't know if they are booked for the voyage home, double check your Vin number!!!!

Old 09-20-2008, 03:29 PM
BobT
1st Gear
Unabl to find out where my MCS is?

Miki, Kelly. et al,
My Mini MCS was completed on 9/9.
I have not been able to find out anythib\ng about it except it is at the dock awaiting shipment.
My MA confirmed that is all he can find out about the Mini, but he said his compuer has not been updayed for awhile?
He thinks he will know more in 2 0r 3 days. That is about when he predicted my MCA would arrive in Brunswick!
Talk about getting impatient? That's me now!

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group