1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:52 AM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kelly,

Good new for you for sure. I just called and like mdr2 Bella is still sitting on the dock of the bay wasting time.
I was finally able to get a confirmed completion date - they first told me it was complete on 8 Sept, now the records show she was finished on 12 Sept and arrived at the dock on the 15th.
I am still hoping to geet on the Undine which is being loaded now.

Congrats again.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
mdr29
1st Gear
Originally Posted by n3mpr
Kelly,

Good new for you for sure. I just called and like mdr2 Bella is still sitting on the dock of the bay wasting time.
I was finally able to get a confirmed completion date - they first told me it was complete on 8 Sept, now the records show she was finished on 12 Sept and arrived at the dock on the 15th.

Congrats again.
Greg, it appears our MINIs have been keeping each other company the whole time! BTW, K-Line's Sierra Nevada Highway also sails today (though its voyage takes a bit longer than the Undine's), so let's hope we're on one of them...

Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 AM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
mdr29,

It looks like we might be the last of the week 37er's to catch a ride.

Good Luck

Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Kelly,

Congrats again.
Thanks Greg... if you haven't hitched a ride yet, you surely have to be first in line on the Undine or Sierra Nevada! Keep the faith and you will be motoring before you know it... good things come to those who wait!!

Originally Posted by mdr29
Greg, it appears our MINIs have been keeping each other company the whole time! BTW, K-Line's Sierra Nevada Highway also sails today (though its voyage takes a bit longer than the Undine's), so let's hope we're on one of them...
Mdr- same thing to you. You guys have been so patiently waiting and it will pay off. It will be cool ocean breezes very soon for both of you.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:56 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

You are so kind. Well, the Undine has sailed and nothing on the WW site. I did ask WW how long it normally takes for the information to be updated and they said it can take up to 24 hours. So I will just keep waiting and I have started finishing up a few projects around the house so there will be more time for Bella when she arrives.
I like "Little Boy Blue", but what would you call him when he grows up? It is cool though because his initials "LBB" can also for LaB/B.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:26 PM
mdr29
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
Thanks Greg... if you haven't hitched a ride yet, you surely have to be first in line on the Undine or Sierra Nevada! Keep the faith and you will be motoring before you know it... good things come to those who wait!!

Mdr- same thing to you. You guys have been so patiently waiting and it will pay off. It will be cool ocean breezes very soon for both of you.
Thanks for the good wishes and positive thoughts, Kelly! Greg and I certainly can use them. Thanks, too, Greg for the tip on checking WW in 24 hours. Here's hoping that we see something other than that darned red message tomorrow...

Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Kelly,

You are so kind. Well, the Undine has sailed and nothing on the WW site. I did ask WW how long it normally takes for the information to be updated and they said it can take up to 24 hours. So I will just keep waiting and I have started finishing up a few projects around the house so there will be more time for Bella when she arrives.
I like "Little Boy Blue", but what would you call him when he grows up? It is cool though because his initials "LBB" can also for LaB/B.

Charleston Port shows the Undine is expected to dock on 10/7/08 at Union Pier. I hope this is of some help.

SailWX has Undine on 9/24/08 at 12:00 position N49, W007

Last edited by Emma Bean; 09-24-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:01 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Kelly,

Congrats again.
Kelly. I am on the same schedule you appear to be on - Production 9/12 and on-dock 9/15, and haven't been heard from since. Hope we find our way to North America soon. ajm

Old 09-24-2008, 01:25 PM
mdr29
1st Gear
Originally Posted by moe-jiller
Kelly. I am on the same schedule you appear to be on - Production 9/12 and on-dock 9/15, and haven't been heard from since. Hope we find our way to North America soon. ajm
I just found out I'm in transit per ASKMINI! I don't know whether I'm on the Undine scheduled to arrive in Charleston on the 7th or the Sierra Nevada Highway arriving on the 9th, but since I'm not getting results from the WW cargo tracking site, I imagine it's the latter. Either way, I'm thrilled!

So Greg and moe-jiller, as my fellow "12-15ers," just keep checking... There's an excellent chance you're with me. Good luck!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 PM
TaylorandAlison
1st Gear
Just FYI: I spoke to my dealer right before our MINI was put on board, and he informed me that over 50 MINI's from that dealer alone were ahead of me in line, some of which were week 36'ers. We all made it on at the same time.

Great for us week 37'ers to hear, but I'm sure it pisses all the 36'ers off.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:24 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Thanks for the good wishes and positive thoughts, Kelly! Greg and I certainly can use them. Thanks, too, Greg for the tip on checking WW in 24 hours. Here's hoping that we see something other than that darned red message tomorrow...
Originally Posted by moe-jiller
I just found out I'm in transit per ASKMINI! I don't know whether I'm on the Undine scheduled to arrive in Charleston on the 7th or the Sierra Nevada Highway arriving on the 9th, but since I'm not getting results from the WW cargo tracking site, I imagine it's the latter. Either way, I'm thrilled!

So Greg and moe-jiller, as my fellow "12-15ers," just keep checking... There's an excellent chance you're with me. Good luck!
Sorry for the delay in responding... been busy with non-mini stuff!
ajm and mdr- I really don't want to give you guys false hope but I still think it is possible that you could be on the SH but if not, you've got to be on one this week. That is great news for you mdr! You may not know which ship you are on but at least you are floating somewhere.

Greg-you HAVE to get some news soon. Check in and let us know you are okay out there. ...probably busy getting all those projects done so you can be motoring in a few weeks.

Is anyone having problems with posting? I responded to Greg last night and its not here and I just tried to multi quote him on this post and its not here???

Last edited by kellypgh; 09-25-2008 at 03:32 AM. Reason: ugh-grammar
Old 09-24-2008, 04:55 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

I am fine. I still have not heard anything. But it really is ok. I have a really busy schedule and so the timing looks like it will work out. I will keep you posted.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 PM
chefghryll
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For all of you West coast folks, the Traviata will be in the Carribean Sea Thursday She's gettin closer!

Old 09-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I think, and I could be wrong, that all of us who were on the Caribbean Highway should make landfall TODAY!

Then again, since you can't track K-Line ships it could be anywhere.

We can just wait and see.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
I think, and I could be wrong, that all of us who were on the Caribbean Highway should make landfall TODAY!

Then again, since you can't track K-Line ships it could be anywhere.

We can just wait and see.
Here is the current location of

Caribbean Highway. Which should be on the border of SC and NC.

Type:CargoIMO-Num.:9243473MMSI-Num.:352218000Callsign:H9ZWFlag: PanamaLength:179.0m
Width:32.0m

Current Position (14:55 UTC):

Old 09-25-2008, 06:03 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Emma Bean, How are you tracking the CH? I'm on the SH and can't seem to track it so I have been tracking the Patriot which left port an hour or two behind the SH.

If there is a way to track K Line ships, inquiring minds want to know! Thanks.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Excellent!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
Emma Bean, How are you tracking the CH? I'm on the SH and can't seem to track it so I have been tracking the Patriot which left port an hour or two behind the SH.

If there is a way to track K Line ships, inquiring minds want to know! Thanks.

http://mobile.vesseltracker.com/mobi.../startSite.jsp

I searched on the web to find out about some BMWs being shipped and came upon this site in a BMW blog. It seems CH has a large cargo of BMWs on this voyage. So, it has been making frequent stops along the east coast. That is how I knew CH was in Baltimore a few days ago and the same today on CH's location. They were off loading BMWs enmasse.

I have been checking because I am concerned about the gale force winds we are having along the SC and NC coast. I thought the vessel may be delayed or sent out to sea to ride out the storm. Since CH is so big, I can not imagine Charleston Port Authority wanting her moored or trying to moor during a gale/tropical storm with 60 mph winds with gusts up to 75.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I checked weather.com and they seem to think that the wind will stay between 25-35 today. However, they also have Charleston, SC under a flood advisory (I'm going to guess anytime a coastal city has large rains they do this to warn those who live on or very near the coast).

Just remember this one line from Ron White, "It's not THAT the wind is blowing. It's WHAT the wind is blowing that really matters."

Old 09-25-2008, 06:55 AM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
At least the EPA may release your Minis for emissions by the time ship gets in! Ours are on hold. :(

Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
I checked weather.com and they seem to think that the wind will stay between 25-35 today. However, they also have Charleston, SC under a flood advisory (I'm going to guess anytime a coastal city has large rains they do this to warn those who live on or very near the coast).

Just remember this one line from Ron White, "It's not THAT the wind is blowing. It's WHAT the wind is blowing that really matters."
We live out on one of the barrier islands just outside of Charleston, and the winds are really blowing. I walked down to the beach boardwalk from our house. And, the sand is really whipping around and the waves are pretty rough. We have had some heavy downpours off and on. I know CH is a large vessel, but the the entry to Charleston Port is not the largest compared to Baltimore or Miami. And, it may be delayed just off shore to allow the storm to move on.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Emma Bean
We live out on one of the barrier islands just outside of Charleston, and the winds are really blowing. I walked down to the beach boardwalk from our house. And, the sand is really whipping around and the waves are pretty rough. We have had some heavy downpours off and on. I know CH is a large vessel, but the the entry to Charleston Port is not the largest compared to Baltimore or Miami. And, it may be delayed just off shore to allow the storm to move on.
You are quite right. It's in Jacksonville right now. http://mobile.vesseltracker.com/mobile/servlet/shipDetails.html?shipId=60021&z=11&minus=-#map

And http://www.scspa.com/vessel_schedule.asp has changed to now show that the Caribbean Highway will not come into Charleston until tomorrow. Tomorrow's weather doesn't look any better to be honest. So it may be Saturday til they dock. Same day as the Independence II if that makes you feel any better.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
You are quite right. It's in Jacksonville right now. http://mobile.vesseltracker.com/mobile/servlet/shipDetails.html?shipId=60021&z=11&minus=-#map

And http://www.scspa.com/vessel_schedule.asp has changed to now show that the Caribbean Highway will not come into Charleston until tomorrow. Tomorrow's weather doesn't look any better to be honest. So it may be Saturday til they dock. Same day as the Independence II if that makes you feel any better.
Thank you.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I don't know what Car Company uses Norton Lilly as their shipper, but they (Primrose Ace - Norton Lilly Ship) docked in Charleston today and started unloading at 8AM. Same terminal area the Caribbean Highway was supposed to use.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
I don't know what Car Company uses Norton Lilly as their shipper, but they (Primrose Ace - Norton Lilly Ship) docked in Charleston today and started unloading at 8AM. Same terminal area the Caribbean Highway was supposed to use.
Mercedes Benz and Lexus/Toyota share this carrier. The latter one I do not understand.

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group