1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:52 AM
mdr29
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kellypgh
Sorry for the delay in responding... been busy with non-mini stuff!
ajm and mdr- I really don't want to give you guys false hope but I still think it is possible that you could be on the SH but if not, you've got to be on one this week. That is great news for you mdr! You may not know which ship you are on but at least you are floating somewhere.

Greg-you HAVE to get some news soon. Check in and let us know you are okay out there. ...probably busy getting all those projects done so you can be motoring in a few weeks.
Kelly,

You've got great intuition! I just called my dealership and spoke with my MA's partner, who was very helpful and able to confirm that I'm actually on the Southern Highway, just like you said! I'm convinced it was the due to the power of YOUR positive thinking, because I sure as heck was not very optimistic about all this.

Greg and ajm,

If you haven't called your dealer in a while, you should get in touch with them. Apparently, the specific ship info is accessed through some other screen in the system that perhaps your MA hasn't looked at. I've got my fingers crossed that you've been floating along with us all the while...

Old 09-25-2008, 01:34 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mdr29
Kelly,

You've got great intuition! I just called my dealership and spoke with my MA's partner, who was very helpful and able to confirm that I'm actually on the Southern Highway, just like you said! I'm convinced it was the due to the power of YOUR positive thinking, because I sure as heck was not very optimistic about all this.

Greg and ajm,

If you haven't called your dealer in a while, you should get in touch with them. Apparently, the specific ship info is accessed through some other screen in the system that perhaps your MA hasn't looked at. I've got my fingers crossed that you've been floating along with us all the while...
That's a double-yaaaayyy! Great new for sure mdr. Moe-jiller, miki and a few others from week 38 are on the SH too along with a few new posters who came out of lurk mode.

You need to hop on over to our SH ship party. The link is:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...=1#post2483190

Old 09-25-2008, 04:25 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

I got upgraded to " In Transit" on the automated side of ASK MINI. So it is certainly possible that Bella is on the SH. But I suspect it is more likely that she is on the Sierra Nevada Hwy. I have a call into the dealer to find out.
I also called K-Line and the lady promised to look it up an call back. She did not call back this afternoon, may be she will call tomorrow.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:29 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by n3mpr
Kelly,

I got upgraded to " In Transit" on the automated side of ASK MINI. So it is certainly possible that Bella is on the SH. But I suspect it is more likely that she is on the Sierra Nevada Hwy. I have a call into the dealer to find out.
I also called K-Line and the lady promised to look it up an call back. She did not call back this afternoon, may be she will call tomorrow.
Finally... that is such great news Greg! Who cares which ship you are on, at least you are moving again. Hopefully its the SH but if its the SNH that's fine too. Congrats and let us know when you find out.

By the way- I just got upgraded to "in transit" yesterday as well.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:33 PM
mini265
1st Gear
Independence II to NY

Well, my MINI arrived in NY on Sunday. It looks like it was unloaded on Monday. I was thinking I might have it by this weekend (I am outside Phila so not much transportation time). My MA says no info so far but they want to make month end numbers so he hopes by Oct 1. I saw another posting where it was almost 2 weeks until the car reached the dealer. Has anyone from the Indy II that arrived in NY heard anything about delivery?

Old 09-25-2008, 05:12 PM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
Check out the Independence II thread for more detail. Currently MCS and MCCS cars are being held at the VDC for EPA emissions testing. Supposedly this takes "a few days," and since they discharged Monday if we're lucky they are on the truck or will be soon.
You can't rush the government.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Just a quick update for any week 37ers aboard the Don Quijote.

I come from the week 38 group, but I noticed that there are a few folks over here waiting for their babies to arrive on the Don Q.

She has just docked at the Eastern Auto Terminal in Halifax Harbor. Looks like she beat the weather to port. The Halifax site shows her scheduled to be in port for about 12 hours, leaving at abt 9:30 local time this evening headed to NY. We will have to see if the weather changes her plans. At least she's on the right (correct) side of the pond now.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Caribbean Highway- MOORED CHARLESTON

SORRY FOR THE LATE POST, WOKE UP WITH THE FLU THIS MORNING.

Caribbean Highway

Type:CargoIMO-Num.:9243473MMSI-Num.:352218000Callsign:H9ZWFlag: PanamaLength:179.0m
Width:32.0m

Current Position (18:29 UTC):

Old 09-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Mini USA not always correct

Here is a good one. I checked the Mini USA website's OL and guess what? I am "awaiting transport". Only one problem here, MINI MOO was shipped on 9/12 on the Caribbean Highway (CH). And, the CH is moored in Charleston with MINI MOO on it. I am sharing this because I know how frustrating it has been for all of us to get definitive information on our Minis whereabouts.

Now it is up to MINI to get MINI MOO to the distribution center in Greer, SC for her QC and then back to the dealer in Charleston then to me.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:00 AM
TLPD120
1st Gear
My MINI from the Independence II; docked in NYC (Jersey City) on the 21st; off loaded on the 22nd; arrived at the dealer in Northern New Jersey in the evening on the 26th.

Sooooooo close

Old 09-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
How long does it take them to actually unload a car and send it to the VDC??

I know my car was unloaded last Friday in Charleston and that the VDC down there is a 7 day a week operation. One would think that it would be at the VDC by now, but the OL says it's still en route.

Anyone think this is a case of the OL being horribly inaccurate? Or do you really think they take their sweet time sending these cars to the VDC?

I just hate the waiting at this point.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
Anyone think this is a case of the OL being horribly inaccurate? Or do you really think they take their sweet time sending these cars to the VDC?

I just hate the waiting at this point.
Boy, I hope its a case of the OL being horribly inaccurate. I called my MA today, and he had no information either. It seemed like he was looking at the same information that I was. I was really, really hoping that I would take delivery at the end of the week.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I would have the same hope that you do except that I ordered the JCW aero kit, which I believe won't be added until it actually arrives at my dealer. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But that seems like a decent sized change and will probably push back my delivery. I just want it to get to the dealer so that I can come down and look it over.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:20 PM
MsBrit
4th Gear
I would have the same hope that you do except that I ordered the JCW aero kit, which I believe won't be added until it actually arrives at my dealer. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But that seems like a decent sized change and will probably push back my delivery. I just want it to get to the dealer so that I can come down and look it over.
Rupert was also on the CH which was unloaded last Friday and he is also getting the JCW aero kit. I was told it would be installed at the VDC, but maybe my info was wrong - I hope so since my dealership has an excellent paint shop My MA does not have any updated info, so I'll just sit back and wait. I'll be going out of the country on Saturday, so unless I get delivery before then I'll have to wait until after the 10th of the month. As yours will be delivered to KC and mine in St Louis, I'm sure they will be on the same truck.
MsBrit

Old 09-29-2008, 08:32 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
For any one hasn't already seen this thread, I thought I'd post it here. It is a very thorough check list when picking up your Mini at the dealership.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=92420

Old 09-30-2008, 02:43 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
For any one hasn't already seen this thread, I thought I'd post it here. It is a very thorough check list when picking up your Mini at the dealership.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=92420
Great post and great idea. Thanks!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Mini Moo is suppose to be up in Greer, SC right now at the Distribution center for 5-7 days of QC. Do you think they will perform a check list too? Gee I will be heart broken, as anyone will be, if there is any damage or poor assembly work by MINI. WOW, I am taking the husband with me when I go to pick Mini Moo up at the Dealer in Charleston. If there are problems , I want to make sure nothing is missed so it can all be repaired or we refuse delivery. I am going to take our camera with us. I suggest this to each of us going to pick up our Minis.

Last edited by Emma Bean; 09-30-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:59 AM
awyrn
1st Gear
I have an appt. at 12 et to pick up my car today!!!!!! I will post pics when I have time (i.e. not motoring)

Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I'm officially jealous.

Oh I mean Congrats!!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by awyrn
I have an appt. at 12 et to pick up my car today!!!!!! I will post pics when I have time (i.e. not motoring)

I second that jealous, or I mean Congrats.

Were are you approximately located ?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:44 AM
awyrn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Emma Bean
I second that jealous, or I mean Congrats.

Were are you approximately located ?
The car is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It went to VDC in NJ which I guess is why I'm getting it sooner then expected. You all should have yours soon enough good luck everyone!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Congrats, awyrn.

My baby (a week 38 build) got off the Don Q in NY on Sunday night and is headed for Checkered Flag as well. I can only hope the trip down is a smooth one. Looking to take delivery sometime early next week, although I haven't bugged Nathan recently. Could be sooner, but that would only be icing at this point.

Please post some pics, and I hope to see you motoring around the area. And yes, I will wave. Happy Motoring !!!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
(Stands up out of chair)

Hi. My name is Chris.... and it's been three hours since I've checked the owner's lounge for updates. I admit I have a problem and need help. I am an Owner's Lounge-aholic...

(Sits and weeps)

Be back in a bit...

No! I'm not checking the owners lounge again!! (OL music plays in background) Ok, ok... I'm checking the owner's lounge again.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:04 PM
mini265
1st Gear
Wizeguy9999, i am not sure I would rely or waste my time with the OL info. Mine says "awaiting transport" but I am scheduled to pick my MCC up from the dealer on Thursday.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:58 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
(Stands up out of chair)

Hi. My name is Chris.... and it's been three hours since I've checked the owner's lounge for updates. I admit I have a problem and need help. I am an Owner's Lounge-aholic...

(Sits and weeps)

Be back in a bit...

No! I'm not checking the owners lounge again!! (OL music plays in background) Ok, ok... I'm checking the owner's lounge again.
Have you checked with your MA? He is the one with all the info at this time.
Look on the bright side, you should have your Mini in just a few days. Mine is still on the Medea, ....for 12 more days (but who is counting?).

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group