1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Casey61
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
Hi. My name is Chris.... and it's been three hours since I've checked the owner's lounge for updates. I admit I have a problem and need help. I am an Owner's Lounge-aholic.
Chris, I am sure that your LaB/B JCW is in the VDC if not already on a car carrier heading west. The OL shows that Otis is En Route while my MA says he will have his hands on it in a couple of days. Something is really wrong with the OL, it shows Otis as being a four door!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:54 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
Originally Posted by awyrn
I have an appt. at 12 et to pick up my car today!!!!!! I will post pics when I have time (i.e. not motoring)
Yahoo!! Congrats to you! Can't wait to see your pics!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Casey61
Chris, I am sure that your LaB/B JCW is in the VDC if not already on a car carrier heading west. The OL shows that Otis is En Route while my MA says he will have his hands on it in a couple of days. Something is really wrong with the OL, it shows Otis as being a four door!
Yup, the OL still shows me as waiting for transport to the dock at Southampton while my car's already made the trip across the pond and is at the VDC. Looks like the OL is crazy out of date

Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
Just called my MA and he said the car will be unloaded off the boat this Friday and should be at the dealership on Wednesday!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:02 AM
srahaim
2nd Gear
Just spoke to my MA who told me that EPA just released the hold on 2009 MINIs in place at the NY area ports (and maybe other ports?). She indicated that the Port released 25 MINIs to her dealership on Monday (that's usually a whole month's supply). Looks like there might be a bit of backlog to clear through. My car's been at the port since Sunday but the dealer doesn't expect it to be ready until end of next week.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I think what will hurt the most is finally having it... and having to play nice for a 1000 mile break-in.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:28 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
This is a question for those of you who already have your Mini's. I need to decide on the Mini maintenance package for 1595.00 and the protection package for 1395.00. Did any of you feel that these items are a must have?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
I picked up Mini Moo yesterday. I was there for 3 hours. So, plan to spend about 3 hours at your dealer, more if you are financing your Baby.
Then I had to return on Wednesday to have them do the all-over protection on the interior and exterior. If you get this, plan on spending another 4 hours at the dealer, if you are lucky and I was, my dealer gave me another Mini (convertible, HOO HOO) to run errands for the day. Definately consider the tire/wheel protection program. I got 17" tires and the spider web wheels, if I damage them without the protection, I could be spending around $1500 dollars for replacement. With the protection plan the deductible is $250-$500. Also, look at the extended warranty if you are planning to keep your baby forever or at least 84 months. It is more economical and Mini will keep your baby running smoothly with checkups. As soon as I take Mini Moo's picture, I will post it. Happy motoring. The wait was definately worth it. I am a first time Mini mom.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by siggiS
This is a question for those of you who already have your Mini's. I need to decide on the Mini maintenance package for 1595.00 and the protection package for 1395.00. Did any of you feel that these items are a must have?

Hi. See my post on this page. I got both. You cannot beat the price or the satisfaction of knowing your baby and money is protected.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:07 AM
awyrn
1st Gear
Purchased mine Tuesday!!! Here are some pics He's dirty already!! It has rained on him both days I've had him

Old 10-02-2008, 07:12 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Congrats Awryn! He's B-E-A-UTIFUL! Love the navigation, hopefully you do too. Great build all around... thanks for sharing. It does take the edge off a bit and makes it seem a little bit more real after all the waiting.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:26 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Awyrn -

Sweet, sweet looking ride. Wilbur is sharp, and he's already playing in the rain. Enjoy.

How long was your delivery at Checkered Flag? I expect to be over there sometime next week to get mine. So far, they have been very nice, and I have been pretty quiet (haven't bugged them daily about when mine will arrive). I just want to get an idea of how long I will be spending at the dealership.

Thanks in advance - Chuck

Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 AM
awyrn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ColonialHoo
Awyrn -

Sweet, sweet looking ride. Wilbur is sharp, and he's already playing in the rain. Enjoy.

How long was your delivery at Checkered Flag? I expect to be over there sometime next week to get mine. So far, they have been very nice, and I have been pretty quiet (haven't bugged them daily about when mine will arrive). I just want to get an idea of how long I will be spending at the dealership.

Thanks in advance - Chuck
Thanks!

I was there for about 3 hours for everything including the financing and "orientation" of the car, and signing over my trade-in. Who's your MA? (some there are better than others I somehow think mine was not the best...) Anyhow. Good luck with your new baby! You'll feel like your dreaming the whole time your driving it because you can't believe it actually is here!

-Andrew

Old 10-02-2008, 08:10 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Awyrn,

did you get any free floor mats or other goodies while you were there? Sounds like you spend a lot on your little car, I hope you got something for free!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:48 AM
awyrn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Awyrn,

did you get any free floor mats or other goodies while you were there? Sounds like you spend a lot on your little car, I hope you got something for free!
Nope, Couldn't even get that out of 'em but I wanted to get cocomats anyway so it's all good Plus They wanted to take stuff from my trade-in that I purchased separately(They didn't get them by the way ) But I'm happy with the car anyway.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:42 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Andrew -

Thanks for the info on delivery. I expect to be there at least a few hours for delivery (more if we trade). I'm with Nathan. When I first went in for a test drive back in July, I was with a different MA, but he was gone two weeks later. Nathan and his fiance both drive MINIs and he is genuinely a MINI fanatic. He knows I'm a NAM member, so he already knows how I feel about this purchase. I also feel pretty lucky that I was able to get mats thrown in when I ordered, but I'll try and keep that quiet.

Right now, I'm trying to sell my wife's old car (Odyssey minivan). She will take over on my MDX when I get the MINI. She isn't very keen on the inconvenience of selling private party, so I am insulating her as much as possible from this part of the process. If it sells, I will have a few bucks foir my inconvenience. If not, I will probably hit CarMax and then see if the dealer will match it. We'll just have to wait and see how this next week plays out.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
I got two cleaning kits. The BMW guy who handled the warranty, extended warranty, tire/wheel and the protection plans info gave me two no problem. Which was good because my husband just bought the new Lexus ISF and he needed one two.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Emma Bean:

I was jealous enough of the fact that you already got your Mini. Then you had to throw in that you just got an IS-F. Do you need a 27 year old kid? I'm sure my parents will let you adopt me.

Then to top it off you threw your two Mini cleaning kits in my face. I want two also... think of the Mini cleaning parties one could have if they had TWO kits!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Emma Bean:

I was jealous enough of the fact that you already got your Mini. Then you had to throw in that you just got an IS-F. Do you need a 27 year old kid? I'm sure my parents will let you adopt me.

Then to top it off you threw your two Mini cleaning kits in my face. I want two also... think of the Mini cleaning parties one could have if they had TWO kits!!!
The husband is a bit older than me and he is going through his mid-life crisis. Sorry, we only allow four legged children in our home. And they are English too. 2 female English Springer Spaniels.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Emma Bean
I got two cleaning kits. The BMW guy who handled the warranty, extended warranty, tire/wheel and the protection plans info gave me two no problem. Which was good because my husband just bought the new Lexus ISF and he needed one two.
Congrats Emma Bean! Okay, spill the beans- what is in the cleaning kit? I stopped by the dealership yesterday because I was in the area and there was a fine looking laser blue jcw sitting on the showroom floor and I just needed a fix and while I was there they gave me a cool mini keychain.

We want some pictures when you get a chance.

Emma Bean:

Wizeguy- I saw on the CH post that your mini arrived at the dealer. You posted that the Aero kit won't be in for a week. Are you taking delivery now and bringing it back in next week or do you have to wait for delivery until they install it? Either way you are going to make the rally after all!

As I mentioned above, I saw a beautiful JCW laser blue mini on the showroom yesterday. I thought of you. It was stunning. There was also a limited edition JCW turbo cabrio sidewalk edition sitting next to it and it wasn't sold! I almost cancelled my order and drove away with it! Each dealer got only one and the customer backed out of this one-unbelievable!

Last edited by kellypgh; 10-02-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet! And it looks like it has the 160 speedo too! I guess that answers my question!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
kelly:

Yep!! My mini is at the dealer!!! I am going to wait to take delivery until the kit is on. I want the photos of when I pick it up to look like the final product

Old 10-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
Wahooo!! I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow!! Hard to believe that it's been two months to the day since we ordered it. I'll have to try posting some pics when I get him home. Hope all of you who are waiting don't have much longer to go.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:09 AM
awyrn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Red_Fred
Wahooo!! I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow!! Hard to believe that it's been two months to the day since we ordered it. I'll have to try posting some pics when I get him home. Hope all of you who are waiting don't have much longer to go.
Congrats!!! yeah we need to see pics for sure. YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I can barely type as my hands are shaking in glee

My JCW Aero Kit showed up today, so I am scheduled for delivery tomorrow!!!

I'll post pics tomorrow night after we take the car on a little drive

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group