1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kelly,

You may be getting Finnigan as I write this. Good luck and hope it goes well. I have an appointment to pick up Bella Friday evening.

I can't wait to see pictures of Finnigan.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I received a call from my MA today that my week 37 '09 JCW was damaged while being moved at the Charleston,SC VDC. According to him the details are not available as to how it happened(at this time) other than the drivers door and rocker panel sustained enough damage for them to warrant replacement.In addition the factory didn't install the correct seats(I ordered rooster red it has grey cloth).Naturally I've refused to take delivery and after the wait and the anticipation it's a big disappointment.Now I'm trying to decide between a re-order or waiting for the JCW R57 Cabrio build slot early next year.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:05 PM
christianbski
1st Gear
Kellypgh I'm itching to see what the laser blue with UJ theme will look like. Post pics when you can! Same goes for all week 37 builds! Mini Moo I wanna see yours too.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:10 PM
christianbski
1st Gear
Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP
I received a call from my MA today that my week 37 '09 JCW was damaged while being moved at the Charleston,SC VDC. According to him the details are not available as to how it happened(at this time) other than the drivers door and rocker panel sustained enough damage for them to warrant replacement.In addition the factory didn't install the correct seats(I ordered rooster red it has grey cloth).Naturally I've refused to take delivery and after the wait and the anticipation it's a big disappointment.Now I'm trying to decide between a re-order or waiting for the JCW R57 Cabrio build slot early next year.
Ouch. You still have an R56 for use so it can't be too bad. Imagine the itch without any MINI. That JCW Cabrio sounds awesome, personally if you want something high end like that I'd wait, that thing would be a stunner for sure!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
Picked my car up on Saturday. A total easy breazy experience. The guys at Classic in Mentor, Ohio were fabulous!!! They had me in and out of there in under 45 minutes plus I got free rubber floor mats!! I've been having a blast driving it since Saturday morning....I so didn't want to go to work today!!!

Attached Thumbnails Week 37 support group-my-new-mini.jpg  
Old 10-14-2008, 02:21 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
I received a call fr9om my MA today that my week 37 '09 JCW was damaged while being moved at the Charleston,SC VDC. According to him the details are not available as to how it happened(at this time) other than the drivers door and rocker panel sustained enough damage for them to warrant replacement.In addition the factory didn't install the correct seats(I ordered rooster red it has grey cloth).Naturally I've refused to take delivery and after the wait and the anticipation it's a big disappointment.Now I'm trying to decide between a re-order or waiting for the JCW R57 Cabrio build slot early next year.
That's like your worst nightmare coming true OBC. (all things mini related anyway). The body damage is bad enough but to put in the wrong seats! I think I would have refused as well. I saw the last of the supercharged jcw sidewalk cabrio's at the dealer and it was beyond sweet. I would have cancelled my order and taken it on the spot except that my hubby doesn't like convertibles. What ever you decide, good luck with it and keep us posted on what you decide.

Originally Posted by christianbski
Kellypgh I'm itching to see what the laser blue with UJ theme will look like. Post pics when you can! Same goes for all week 37 builds! Mini Moo I wanna see yours too.
Sure will, christianbski. I had a minor glitch with the graphic yesterday but hoping for delivery today. You lb/b mini pics gave me my "fix". Thanks for that!

Originally Posted by minimo56
Picked my car up on Saturday. A total easy breazy experience. The guys at Classic in Mentor, Ohio were fabulous!!! They had me in and out of there in under 45 minutes plus I got free rubber floor mats!! I've been having a blast driving it since Saturday morning....I so didn't want to go to work today!!!
Congrats Minimo! OB is such a classic color. Enjoy and let's hope work doesn't get in the way too much.

Last edited by kellypgh; 10-14-2008 at 04:13 AM. Reason: too early in the A.M.!
Old 10-14-2008, 03:54 AM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Picked up our car yesterday....sorry no name, well other than "my wife's car" (that is what she said to call it )

This was my first extended drive in a MINI and I've got to say these are really neat cars, sort of like an economy hatchback crossed with a sports car.

Looks really great in the garage beside my Mazdaspeed Miata

It was a fairly long drive (85+ miles), everything went smoothly at the dealer, the car had all the options and dealer options I had ordered, the only hickup was the floor mats were not in stock so they are going to send those to me.

I'm really, really glad now I ordered a few extra things, the duckbill spoiler (it's a base car in OB/White), white turn signals, and the rear fog light.

Looks like most of us Week 37 folks have our cars now, so see ya on the road!

Analogeezer

Old 10-14-2008, 05:34 AM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
I got a call similar on my week 37 Clubman and it's 'not an AH' headliner. Only option is to reorder and wait another 10 weeks or take is as is. I can apprecieate the stress of your situation. ajm

Old 10-15-2008, 07:07 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Woot Woot!!!!! You guys are never gonna guess what I got last night!!!!

What a blast! I sooooo wish I didn't have to come to work today. I was able to park him so that when I look out the window I can keep my eye on him while I pretend to work.

I have to admit I'm a little nervous driving him yet, since I haven't done much other than drive from the dealer and into work this morning. What a pretty sight in the garage last night though. Suddenly the garage seems soooo much bigger since the Mini replaced an Expedition.

I have some pic's that I took this morning (too dark and chaotic at the dealer last night). Problem is I don't have the ability to upload until I get home tonight... updates soon. It was definitely worth the wait!

Old 10-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Miki
2nd Gear
Yahoo Kelly! Congratulations on Finnigan! Yes, it will be a long few days til you can get him out on the open road this weekend. I'm so happy for you.

I'm looking forward to replacing my SUV also. I will be nervous at first too with the turbo and getting back to the stick. Give it a few days and you'll be zipping around like nobody's business.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:26 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Thanks Miki. Have you heard anything yet? I know your Mini was delayed at the VDC and the dealer wasn't expecting delivery until today but you had to go out of town (or was it the country?). I hope you can pick up your Mini soon.

We actually added Finnigan to our "fleet"! I kept the Expedition, but it got booted from the garage. We still need it with 4 kids!

Driving a stick again is going to take some getting used to... There was a few times where I "spaced" and forgot to shift. I'm watching the rpm's climb and it was like "oh, yea, I'm supposed to be shifting". Deciding on the transmission, held up my order for a month. It is definitely more fun but is going to take some getting used to again.

I'm hoping for some nice weather this weekend so that I can go driving on some back road twisties and enjoy the fall foliage and get more comfortable with all the cool features.

Keep us posted on your clubbie. Can't wait to see pics.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:56 AM
cosmosmpower
3rd Gear
We picked up ours Saturday the 11th, took about an hour total went pretty smoothly. The dealer claimed they didn't have the cool bag and tinted the car instead (we got a $500 acc allowance). Also got both the rubber and carpet floor mats, boot mat, glove box organizer a keychain and a hat. Pretty happy with the car so far, it's already performed it's duty twice (carry golf clubs around).

Old 10-15-2008, 04:33 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

That is great news. Glad to hear Finnigan is finally home. It sounds like you are having a blast.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:58 PM
TaylorandAlison
1st Gear
It's in the dealership and will be picked up early Saturday morning after all of the options have been installed...

Based upon some of the pics that have been posted thus far, definitely worth all of the anticipation!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:16 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

I just saw your pictures. Finnigan looks fantastic. I noticed you got the same seats I did. I can't wait until Friday night to pick up ours.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:14 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Thanks Greg. I'm having connection issues with cable modem tonight so I can't seem to post but I did manage to get a few to my gallery.

We configured similarly I think, but yea, the seats are great. I didn't get to see them in person prior to ordering them. Overall, I'm very happy. There were a few hiccups during delivery but they took very good care of me in the end.

I'm excited for you and anyone else who is still waiting for delivery. It's worth the wait!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:49 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 PM
christianbski
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cosmosmpower
We picked up ours Saturday the 11th, took about an hour total went pretty smoothly. The dealer claimed they didn't have the cool bag and tinted the car instead (we got a $500 acc allowance). Also got both the rubber and carpet floor mats, boot mat, glove box organizer a keychain and a hat. Pretty happy with the car so far, it's already performed it's duty twice (carry golf clubs around).
I should've asked for a boot mat, it was in the back of my mind too when I was at the dealer. You made out with a lot

Kelly your ride looks awesome. I have the same interior as you, looking sharp.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:09 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Thanks Christian. That was why I was so happy to see you come out of lurk mode and post your pics! It was great to see a very similar build.

Overall, I am very happy with the car and the dealership. Without having to ask, my MA threw in UJ side scuttles, UJ rearview mirror, 2 sets of floor mats (pin striped carpet and rubber), a boot mat and a "care package" which contained several cool Mini give aways. I think I got the extra set of floor mats because I couldn't decide which ones I wanted!

There was some light scratches/swirl marks on the roof when we arrived and they immediately drove it off the floor to re-detail which then delayed the whole process. The sunroof graphic also was misapplied and needs to be replaced at the installer's cost. There was no jack/tools in the boot, like all the 09 mcs's, which they will get to me as soon as they get some more in. Even with a few minor glitches, they seem to be standing behind their product and as long as they follow through, we are very pleased.

Anyone notice the nasty burning smell their Mini puts off? I called the dealer to make sure it was normal, which it is. It's not noticeable when driving but if you open the windows while idoling or leave it in the garage, it is pretty bad. I've had new cars do this before but not this bad... just curious if anyone else experienced this.

I love the ipod integration and the bluetooth but struggling a bit with voice dialing. There's a million posts on that subject, so I'm sure I'll "break the code" on what I'm missing.

Last edited by kellypgh; 10-16-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:15 AM
awyrn
1st Gear
OH yeah. the burning smell does smell horrible. Mine went away after a few days/couple hundred miles. He is already broken in wohoo

Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
Thanks Christian. That was why I was so happy to see you come out of lurk mode and post your pics! It was great to see a very similar build.

Overall, I am very happy with the car and the dealership. Without having to ask, my MA threw in UJ side scuttles, UJ rearview mirror, 2 sets of floor mats (pin striped carpet and rubber), a boot mat and a "care package" which contained 2 Mini ball caps (one blue, one black), a Mini visor CD holder, a bulldog keychain, Mini bookmark, tire cleaner and interior cleaner with new car scent. I think I got the extra set of floor mats because I couldn't decide which ones I wanted!

There was some light scratches/swirl marks on the roof when we arrived and they immediately drove it off the floor to re-detail which then delayed the whole process. The sunroof graphic also was misapplied and needs to be replaced at the installer's cost. There was no jack/tools in the boot, like all the 09 mcs's, which they will get to me as soon as they get some more in. Even with a few minor glitches, they seem to be standing behind their product and as long as they follow through, we are very pleased.

Anyone notice the nasty burning smell their Mini puts off? I called the dealer to make sure it was normal, which it is. It's not noticeable when driving but if you open the windows while idoling or leave it in the garage, it is pretty bad. I've had new cars do this before but not this bad... just curious if anyone else experienced this.

I love the ipod integration and the bluetooth but struggling a bit with voice dialing. There's a million posts on that subject, so I'm sure I'll "break the code" on what I'm missing.

Yes, Mini Moo had the "odor" too. It finally went away after a few miles. I am glad you finally got your Mini.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:55 AM
DaveJ50
2nd Gear
Glad to hear that others have the burning smell. I have now had my Blk over Dark Silver MCSa for 1 week other than the smell I have not found a flaw of any type.

I purchased the boot mat to protect the car from my dog and bought a cheap plastic storage container from the Dollar Store and cut the bottom 7 inches off and used that to fill the void in the back. After putting a rug across both the filler and the back seats it made nice flat place to install the mat.

It took me a while to comprehend what the boot mat instructions wanted me to do with the rear velcro straps with the steel ring. They really will fit anywhere under the rubber seal that goes around the rear hatch.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:41 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
I'm so glad for everyone who has gotten their cars! These things are wonderful!!

My only concern is that the fan sometimes still runs after I shut off the car. Sometimes it lasts a few minutes (mainly after I came back from a 50 mile trip) Anyone else notice this happening or should I be concerned? I didn't notice any odor though.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No concern for the fan running after shutdown.It's a MINI trait.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Greg,

Good luck picking up "Bella" tomorrow night! What a great way to start a beautiful weekend! Let us know how it goes and post pics soon if you can!

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group