1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Miki
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron H
Ask Mini told me I am now scheduled for week 38. They do not know why it was pushed back another week. This is twice now!!!!

Oh no, so sorry! Let's hope it's not a Texas curse. I called yesterday and no production date yet. Now I'm afraid to call again.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
I just called Ask Mini too and was also told week 38, so it's not just a Texas curse! Maybe it's the CR/B JCW curse?

Old 09-04-2008, 01:58 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ron H
Ask Mini told me I am now scheduled for week 38. They do not know why it was pushed back another week. This is twice now!!!!
Originally Posted by Draikonius
I just called Ask Mini too and was also told week 38, so it's not just a Texas curse! Maybe it's the CR/B JCW curse?
This sucks out loud for you guys!!! You are right Draikonius-It has to be either a JCW thing or a chili red thing... or both!

I know its got to be tough news to hear but your MINI's are gonna be so SWEET when you get them. It will be well worth the wait.

I just broke down and called ASKMINI again but am still scheduled to begin next week but no definite date/no vin... I was originally told week 36... definitely a hard lesson in patience

Its official- I'm driving my husband and kids nuts. They tell me I'm obsessed but they just don't get it.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:04 PM
mcSONIK
1st Gear
so once we have our vin number, what else can be done to track?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:52 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
[quote=kellypgh;2454781]This sucks out loud for you guys!!! You are right Draikonius-It has to be either a JCW thing or a chili red thing... or both!

I know its got to be tough news to hear but your MINI's are gonna be so SWEET when you get them. It will be well worth the wait.

I just broke down and called ASKMINI again but am still scheduled to begin next week but no definite date/no vin... I was originally told week 36... definitely a hard lesson in patience

Its official- I'm driving my husband and kids nuts. They tell me I'm obsessed but they just don't get it.[/quote

Me too. My husband also think that I am obsessed with this whole Mini thing. Had to promise him that I will not call again until Monday. Not so sure that I can hold of that long. I just want someone to tell me the build date.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, a lots happened in the past few days here!

I've been out of pocket since Tuesday, as the wife decided to go into labor.

Christian Luc entered this world Tuesday night at 9:50 PM Central time.

Off topic I know, but a few here have inquired. The MINI and the mini-me won't end up having the same "birth" day, but that's OK.!

I'll float by here again in a few days, lots to do!

Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
Congrats on the safe arrival of Christian Luc! What a wonderful thing that is You'll have a lot of newness in your lives this fall - new son and a new MINI.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:00 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Bruce/Fl

Off topic I know, but a few here have inquired. The MINI and the mini-me won't end up having the same "birth" day, but that's OK.!

Busy, exciting times for you Bruce/Fl! Congrats on baby Christian. Hope Mom and baby are both doing well.

You've found a great way to pass the time waiting for your MINI's "birth"!

Keep us posted on how everyone is doing.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:28 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mcSONIK
so once we have our vin number, what else can be done to track?
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=144057

The above link will take you to a thread that I found to be very helpful for tracking, ports, how to follow your MINI across the pond and lots of cool links to helpful websites outside of NAM... (if only I could get my VIN ).

Old 09-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Miki
2nd Gear

Congratulations on the birth of your MINI-ME. What a fun ride you have ahead of you!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Emma Bean
2nd Gear
Bonnett Stripes Vs Sports Stripes

I stopped by my MINI Dealer today, even though we are being voluntarily evacuated for Hurricane/Tropical Storm Hanna, to clarify, funny how we prioritize , the difference. I am having stripes put on the barn door boot of my clubman s. I wanted to make sure that they were the "sports" ones versus the more familiar bonnett. PHEW, the Dealer adds those on when the mini arrives. Sometimes the plant does this too on special requests. So, if you forgot or got the wrong stripes, the Dealer can correct the issue.

I am in production as an early 37 now late 36 (started mid week ) and should ship on the 15th. I

Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I just found out that I too will be a week 37 person. Yay! I finally have a home. And apparently from my readings this home already has a baby. Wow! Congrats!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 PM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
Woot. I was telling myself not to check until monday, but I had to pop into this thread.. and I called. I got my VIN, it is in production- originally I was told production would begin 9/8, but now completion is 9/11.
That'll give me something else to think about on 9/11- I was working in NYC back then. I was also trying to hold out on naming my Mini until I picked it up, but I'm gonna go with Clive.
According to the ship schedule, one leaves 9/13, and arrives in Jersey City 9/22. If mine makes that ship I should have Clive a few days after, as the dealership is less than an hour from port, and it's a Monday- so the VDC will have all week to handle it.
Then the dealer has to put the driving lamps on. It would be awesome to get the car before October, but I don't want to get too excited!

Last edited by bluemeanie357; 09-05-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: more
Old 09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
TaylorandAlison
1st Gear
I just got my VIN!!! Now to check anything and everything I can. For anyone else in WA, she said that once it starts production, it's about 4-6 weeks.

I'm guessing Early-Mid Oct for the Pacific Northwest?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Miki
2nd Gear
OL is still saying "On Order" but I called MINI (again) and found out I'm in production. Whoo hoo! Due date is September 10.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:18 PM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
According to the "How to Track your Mini" thread, it's 21 days on ship to Portsmouth CA. Giving some time for VDC and rail and truck transport, 4-6 weeks sounds right.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:52 PM
napria
2nd Gear
I'm on the OL now. I'm excited, but going on a mini (not MINI) camping vacation, so I won't have internet access. I should actually be packing up right now, but I HAD to check in before I left!

Got my VIN, but can't do anything with it till I get back.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:00 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear

Congratulations to you and your wife. This is a very exciting time for your family. Doesn't get much better than that.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
TLPD120
1st Gear
Body Shop Started

Just got off the phone with 866-ASK-MINI Customer Relations and they said my MCSCL is "Body Shop Started" with an estimated completion date of 8 September!!

Now all I have to do is wait until s/he is born and track the cruise ship across the pond

My fiance thinks I am obsessed and half crazy, just because I memorized the VIN.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:03 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
Awesome news, I called today and they said next week I start production but I don't have a specific date. So Monday morning I'll be calling for sure!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:15 PM
bluemaxx
Neutral
I'm in the week 37 club also.

JCW hardtop, Dark Silver with Convenience, Cold weather, and Premium packages. Nav, comfort, and smartphone prep also.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:31 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
I talked to the guys at ASK MINI again yesterday. They told me my car should go into production on Monday and then I will get my VIN number. I have called so often that I am starting to know some of these guys when I call. I ordered my car on July 5th so this wait is just about killin' me! This is madness! My boyfriend keeps telling me that I am acting like an addict...checking the Owner's Lounge, reading NAM and calling ASK MINI. I told him he will understand when I let him drive my new mini after it finally arrives. He just laughs and says "there is no way anyone is going to be able to pry that steering wheel out of your hands once that car arrives!" He's probably right!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Gizmom
1st Gear
Just called ASK-MINI. My status is now "in production, with an estimated completion date of September 12".

Old 09-06-2008, 05:58 PM
wolst
1st Gear
kellypgh,

I see you ordered the LaB/B MCS. I was at P&W today and they had a LaB/B MCS on the floor. It looks great! I'm jealous because I'm not getting the MCS and had to settle for the LB/B MC. Anyway, I thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to stop down and check it out.

By the way, I'm week 37 too so I thought mine would be built next week. John, my MA, told me today that mine is already in production and would be finished within the next two days! He says it's still 4 to 5 weeks till delivery, but I'm crossing my fingers that it is sooner!

Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Wolst,
I had replied to you earlier in this thread when I saw you were in Pittsburgh as well. John at Mini of Pgh is my MA too. I haven't been over to the dealership since I ordered. I wouldn't be surprised if they delivered that Laser Blue MCS yesterday after you left. Every MINI on their lot is pre-ordered and waiting for delivery and often the ones on the showroom floor are being delivered that day. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to stop by tomorrow.

You ordered your MCC (btw, is this a clubman?) the week before me and it sounds like you are going to end up being week 36! Good for you! The lightning blue with black roof is going to look sharp, espicially with the sport stripes.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Last edited by kellypgh; 09-07-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group