1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 37 support group

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Week 37 support group

Didn't see one listed, guess this is a good time to start one!

ASK MINI gave me that info this morning, Sept 7-13th. The wife is pregnant and due Sept 6th. Sure would be neat to have them both "born" on the same day!

(And good thing it isn't arriving at the dealer that day, decisions, decisions! )

I'll keep you all posted!

Old 08-04-2008, 06:07 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! I just got my production number this week and found out that I am a week 37 build too. Yahoo!!! I will be counting the days.

You must be doubly excited Bruce!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minimo56
Hi! I just got my production number this week and found out that I am a week 37 build too. Yahoo!!! I will be counting the days.

You must be doubly excited Bruce!
Yes I am!! And wow, these first few days....where nothing happens....man, give me something! Seems like nothing is happening!

Probably because nothing really is, right now.

But I bet it gets worse later!!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bruce/Fl
Didn't see one listed, guess this is a good time to start one!

ASK MINI gave me that info this morning, Sept 7-13th. The wife is pregnant and due Sept 6th. Sure would be neat to have them both "born" on the same day!

(And good thing it isn't arriving at the dealer that day, decisions, decisions! )

I'll keep you all posted!
We just found out that we are week 37 as well. It has been a long 3 months wait for us. Looks like it will be 3 more before she will be home.
Bruce congratulation on your new additions to your family. My youngest son's birthday is Sept. 6th. He was born on Labor day 1999. You could have a labor day baby yourself.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
Originally Posted by siggiS

We just found out that we are week 37 as well. It has been a long 3 months wait for us. Looks like it will be 3 more before she will be home.
Holy Mackeral!! Does that mean our cars are not coming until November?
My MA told me my car would be here in beginning of October...I'll go nuts, nuts I tell ya', if I have to endure this waiting 4 more finger tappining weeks.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:43 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
When you guys review your order details over at the Owners Lounge at the MINIUSA site, are all of your factory options listed ?

I just noticed that my HI-FI and Sirius option isn't listed,

Old 08-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear

Bruce congratulation on your new additions to your family. My youngest son's birthday is Sept. 6th. He was born on Labor day 1999. You could have a labor day baby yourself.
Holy Mackeral!! Does that mean our cars are not coming until November?
My MA told me my car would be here in beginning of October...I'll go nuts, nuts I tell ya', if I have to endure this waiting 4 more finger tappining weeks.
My MA thought it'd be hare around mid-late Oct. He said they *usually* take 6 weeks. But the wait could be shorter or longer.

When you guys review your order details over at the Owners Lounge at the MINIUSA site, are all of your factory options listed ?

I just noticed that my HI-FI and Sirius option isn't listed,
Mine is all there. i just switched to all season tires and that isn't reflected yet, and I don't know it it will be. But other than that yeah, it's all there.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:11 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
We are in Washington State. And our port of arrival is in CA. It will take something like 2 weeks longer to go through the Panama Canal and then they drive the cars up to Washington State. The wait should be shorter for you.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
We are in Washington State. And our port of arrival is in CA. It will take something like 2 weeks longer to go through the Panama Canal and then they drive the cars up to Washington State. The wait should be shorter for you.
Yes, that makes sense.

Good thing the canal's there, could you imagine still having to go around Cape Horn at the lower tip of South America.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:47 AM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Not sure I could wait that long.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:24 PM
wolst
1st Gear
Just found out I'm a week 37er too!

Congrats Bruce/FI. We welcomed our second child on July 9th. What a blessing they are.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Cally95
2nd Gear
Congrats Bruce on both babies!! I am week 37 as well, I am hoping for a mid Oct. delivery date.

NOW WE WAIT!!

To add to all this I have to sell my 02 mini when it gets close to delivery time and use that $$ to buy the 09 CR/CR. That's not stressful or anything (sarcasm).

hang in there everybody

Dell

Old 08-11-2008, 12:19 PM
kewlby
3rd Gear
I just found out today that Sparky will be born week 37 as well. I'm guessing it will be late October/early November before he gets here. Yeah!!

For those of us on the west coast, we get to watch our cars cross though the Panama Canal. http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Old 08-13-2008, 07:27 AM
awyrn
1st Gear
I ordered mine on my 21st birthday yesterday and they told me week 37!!! Wohoo Im in the same boat as Cally95 gotta sell my '07 Honda Fit, that shouldn't be too hard I hope. My MA didn't give me my production number though he just said it would be a week 37 build. Were they supposed to give me that when I ordered or later this week? The waiting begins for me as well now

Old 08-13-2008, 08:04 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
I just found out I'm week 37 and from Pittsburgh as well. I received my production number from my MA but just found out through 866-ask-mini that I'm slated for week 37... now the wait begins. Mid October suddenly seems so far away.

Congrats to all the new babies here and soon to be here... all kinds of excitement in this thread!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:14 AM
kewlby
3rd Gear
Congrats awryn & kellypgh! Awryn, what did you order?

I got my production number a week after my order. It all depends when the manager of the dealership decided to input your order into the system. Once you get your production number, just call mini to verify.

I agree, it's a long wait. Here's some ideas to keep you occupied in the mean time...https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=150156

The wait time before production is really hurting my wallet (or will). I've added three options since my order and last night I was debating whether to get the anthracite headliner. I need convince myself to stop looking at the options.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Minnesota Mini
2nd Gear
I join you in the brotherhood/sisterhood of week 37 build. The wait is unbearable, but we shall make it through with each others support. Keep strong and our day shall come that we take possession of our Mini’s.

I ordered on August 8th and was told by my MA to expect delivery mid to late October.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Thanks Kewlby! I hear you on the add on's. I haven't done anything... yet, as far as adjusting my order but I've considered it strongly. I want to upgrade the wheels and my husband and I decided to do it aftermarket but I'm so tempted to do it through mini and go with the webspokes.

I have also purchased car care products through Detailers Paradise... NAM is helping me keep my sanity but I need to stop looking at all the cool pictures of mods and accessories.

The decision to place my order was held up by the simple fact that I couldn't decide whether to go with laser blue or sparkling silver... as you can see I opted for the laser blue. I had the SS configured almost identical to yours except I had the tuscan beige interior and the anthracite. Yours will be beautiful!

I posed the possibility of getting two mini's to hubby... you can imagine his answer

Old 08-13-2008, 02:13 PM
imbz
1st Gear
I just call to mini. I got week 37 too. HAHA It's a mini's lucky number 37

Old 08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
Well the owner's lounger wasn't giving me anything so I called Ask Mini (Now a saved contact on my iPhone lol) to find out that I"m Week 37 too!

I am just so excited to even find this out and the guy told me "Yep looks like the week of September 8th." Once that day hits I'm calling everday to see what's up.

Glad to have a support group. Woot go Week 37!!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
I haven't changed my order yet, I think that's because I flip-flopped on so many things during the 2 months I pondered the details before I ordered.

No comment on how many flip-flops I went through during that time.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:06 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
Yeah, my MA told me I could call him and add/change some things if I wanted to do so within the next few days etc. I'm trying to resist the urge to add things right now but who knows what flip-flops will take place.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
you guys are so good! I've changed my order about 4 times already! White roof, then black roof and back to white white roof but this time with the chrome exterior. Next I added the xenons, the anthracite headliner and the piano black. I told my MA to stop taking my calls!!! Don't let me add one more thing!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:22 AM
siggiS
2nd Gear
If we have to wait much longer, I may have to change the color it self again. I am driving my poor husband nuts. He just doesn't understand that with all the options we have it is very difficult to pick just the right ones.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:48 AM
kewlby
3rd Gear
My problems is that I keep wanting to add options. My latest desire is to add the anthracite headliner. There's many threads discussing the headliner and how great it is. I think if I had upgraded the uphostery, then I'd definitely add the anthracite. But then I'd have to upgrade the steering wheel. And if I did that, I'm might have to get the chrome trim....

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hold off on adding anything else, but the the longer I have to wait until production starts, the harder it is to resist.

Last edited by kewlby; 08-15-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Week 37 support group