1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 03:06 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome choice of vehicle. Car clubs are a blast. You'll be the envy of many in your MCCS...and may develop car buff tendencies.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
We are done with production today, I am hoping QA will be 1 day. There is a ship leaving on 9/22 for Port Hueneme and arrives 10/12. So I am hoping to pickup on 10/20 in Las Vegas.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
DooBahDoo,
I WENT to Mini of Nashville (under the auspices of visiting my accountant who's up the street, LOL, now THAT's obsessed!) - turns out there are 5, count 'em, FIVE Clubbie S's that are all in production right now - and all due out within a 3 day window. And... According to Richey, all 5 Clubbie S's should be on the same boat
WEeeeeeeee Hawwwwwww...
Vivi

Old 09-15-2008, 05:09 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OK folks, I know I've posted this before... but please read this thread about how to track your mini. It will give you the meaning of the codes, the port (where there *may* be a webcam, ho hum), how to read which ship you're on, how to follow the ship via google as we sail across the pond, which port you'll come into, how we'll go thru customs and all the other details we need, so obsessively, to know!
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=144057

Enjoy
Vivi

Old 09-15-2008, 05:09 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
AWESOME! Did they have anything on the sales floor? It's going to be busy when that boat docks...I hope they have some transport trucks lined up!!! How fun! This experience is making me self diagnose OCD...lol

You are going to LOVE your Clubman! We're going to have to put together a meet at the dealership or maybe get a bunch together at Sonic to get some cool photographs under the neon. I'm counting down with you...

Old 09-15-2008, 05:33 PM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Called the crackpipe line today. Production on my cooper is scheduled to be completed tomorrow, 9/16/08!!!!!

WooooooHooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, the hardest part. Waiting for shipping and the arrival....

-Ben

Old 09-15-2008, 05:37 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congratulations! BIG thumbs-up to you...
I think you're the first to post such great news!!! I'm scheduled for completion Thursday so I may be a vessel/voyage or two behind you.

They're really cranking them out... Keep us posted on your progress.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
AWESOME! Did they have anything on the sales floor? It's going to be busy when that boat docks...I hope they have some transport trucks lined up!!! How fun! This experience is making me self diagnose OCD...lol

You are going to LOVE your Clubman! We're going to have to put together a meet at the dealership or maybe get a bunch together at Sonic to get some cool photographs under the neon. I'm counting down with you...
OMG- there is a GORGEOUS Clubman S on the lot- must have just come in. It's the only one there- Hot Chocolate with HC lounge leather interior.. YUMMY- could eat it up!

Yup- I think we should do a meet and photo shoot- would be fun!

Vivi

Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Bruce Banner
2nd Gear
Well if anyone wants the Panama Canal cameras heres a link
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/ca...cam=Miraflores

Just click on which lock you want and a live camera is at your disposal.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:51 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner
And dang Vivi you werent kidding when you said you pack light. I dont usually spend time driving I want to get there now. I used to drive from Denver to northern Utah to go Snowmobiling on the weekends. Maybe my mindset for a road trip will change though now that Ill have a car that wants to make pitstops everywhere to check out the scenery.
I think I was a boyscout in a previous life (ya know... be prepared?!) -

We love to drive- in fact, I would much rather drive cross country than fly. I'm just so over the whole airport thang... swear I'm going to show up someday in a trenchcoat... just a trenchcoat... won't there be quite the stir when TSA tells me I have to take it off That should mess with some minds, LOL.

Yup- I'm a gypsy. I even drive horses and want to get a gypsy caravan-

Mr. Bruce Banner, you're gonna get in your new mini and want to take off for lands unknown -

Enjoy- Vivi

Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Bruce Banner
2nd Gear
I like to get there fast. Maybe because I always travel alone I dont spend the time to see stuff. I drove from SLC, UT to Grand Rapids, MI straight only took me 24 hours. had to make 2 30 mins stops to sleep. I did a 20 hour stint from Dallas, TX to San Diego where I live now straight no sleep and 3 energy drinks. And that is about what I was looking like when I got there.

Now all I need is a woman to motor in my new JCW with. I think I spend too much time at the gym.

Make sure you invite me to the airport on that day too.

Motor ON

Last edited by Bruce Banner; 09-15-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:52 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Bruce, Get a dog to motor with...they love it. I've got a 2 year old lab...weighs 110 lbs thus the clubman. The back seat of the coupe is just too small for his comfort. Get a bulldog and name him Cooper...

Old 09-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Bruce Banner
2nd Gear
I bought a stuffed Mini bulldog for my sister and her clubman. SHe named the dog Winston. Id love to have a dog since im a huge dog guy but my job and time away from home right now doesnt allow the neccessary time i need to spend with a new pup. But eventually i will for sure.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:51 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Called CRACKPIPE this morning: Our Clubman is in final assembly and headed for quality control! Yee Haw! Looks like there's going to be a crowd at MINI of Nashville.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:51 AM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
:(
I was scheduled for completing yesterday, but when i called crackpipe today, it still says I'm scheduled to be completed yesterday.... I need and update!!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:02 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gaffer
Called CRACKPIPE this morning: Our Clubman is in final assembly and headed for quality control! Yee Haw! Looks like there's going to be a crowd at MINI of Nashville.
Maybe I'll see you there...it would be cool to meet some of the people we've been sharing our anticipations with. Good luck to you!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:04 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TyCrox07
:(
I was scheduled for completing yesterday, but when i called crackpipe today, it still says I'm scheduled to be completed yesterday.... I need and update!!!!
Ty, Try calling your MA. Mine has been more helpful with more detailed info than crackpipe. The guy I talked to at crackpipe yesterday said he thinks their system has not been updating properly. Just fyi.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:50 AM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Ty, Try calling your MA. Mine has been more helpful with more detailed info than crackpipe. The guy I talked to at crackpipe yesterday said he thinks their system has not been updating properly. Just fyi.
When I called yesterday, automated system told me I was in body shop, I then talked to a customer service person and was told our Clubbie was done with production.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:28 AM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
I have a production finish date of Aug 21st!!! Can't wait, hope they can still deliver to Houston??? The dealership is open so that is a good sign!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Wow so either your car was done a month ago or you are so excited you can barely type! Haha. Welcome to the madness, I can't stop thinking about my completion date!

I emailed my MA today and have yet to hear back....sigh.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:15 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Just got off the phone with Crackpipe Central (BTW, I love that name). Assembly is complete! I am now in QC. Pretty soon I'll have to start watching the shipping websites for the long voyage across the pond.

Hope we're all done by Thursday, and we can all make the trans-Atlantic Ride together (well, east coasters on one and the west coasters on another).

Here's to a good week at the assembly plant.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:48 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Question: I went into production Saturday morning (9/13). For you guys that have a completion date or who have completed production...how many days did it take? I hit the crackpipe and the 21st was the date in their system...just want to see if that's on par with your experience. Probably overthinking it...but hey...it's my obsession for the past three weeks and probably the next three or four weeks.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
I just called my MA to have him check on the status, and now it show production will not start until Saturday. What a bummer. I was first told production was to start this past Sunday. I think I'll just start drinking.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
BUMMER! I'd be throwing back an airplane size Grey Goose about now with a Listerine chaser. Sorry about the delay man.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:08 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Question: I went into production Saturday morning (9/13). For you guys that have a completion date or who have completed production...how many days did it take? I hit the crackpipe and the 21st was the date in their system...just want to see if that's on par with your experience. Probably overthinking it...but hey...it's my obsession for the past three weeks and probably the next three or four weeks.
My personal experience was a solid 7 days (started last Monday, completed this Monday) but the answers are vague as to whether I'm still waiting at the plant or sitting at the dock. Things seem to be a little gray with regard to specific details once your MINI is complete and when he/she hops a ride on a ship.

Some of us in week 37 finished in 6 days, some went 8-9 days but I think its more an issue of when we are getting the updates to some taking longer than others. When I called the automated crack line today, it says I'm still in the paint shop with an estimated completion date of 9/13 but when I talked to a live "pusher", was told I'm sitting in Southampton waiting to board a ship... Good luck with your build this week!

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group