1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:05 PM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
status code

Not only would she not give me a status code, I said, well I guess I need to call my MA and get it from him. She said that he can't get it either. "It's an internal BMW thing!" So how did the code numbers get posted in the first place?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:38 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gaffer
Not only would she not give me a status code, I said, well I guess I need to call my MA and get it from him. She said that he can't get it either. "It's an internal BMW thing!" So how did the code numbers get posted in the first place?
That's totally bizarre... I was at Mini of Nashville the other day and my MA not only gave me the code but showed me the computer screen with my status and the status of 4 other clubbies coming in at the same time...

So, my advice?! Not that you asked or anything, but call your MA and ask for a code.

Best of luck- Vivi

Old 09-17-2008, 07:40 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Status Codes

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
That's totally bizarre... I was at Mini of Nashville the other day and my MA not only gave me the code but showed me the computer screen with my status and the status of 4 other clubbies coming in at the same time...

So, my advice?! Not that you asked or anything, but call your MA and ask for a code.

Best of luck- Vivi
We are just talking about the 866 # not giving the codes.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:55 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
We are just talking about the 866 # not giving the codes.
Yes, but according to Gaffer, 866 said the MA's aren't allowed to give out codes either.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Bruce Banner
2nd Gear
All you guys are so lucky. Adele hasnt even been put into production. I dont start until Saturday. Bah. I am getting all jealous and ansy. Tomorrow I am going to succumb to the Pipe and call the gud ole hotline. I need my fix. I need to feel like I did when i saw MOL change to production status. Cant remember when I have been so exilerated.

But I did talk to AC today about my custom stickers I want on her. Oh how she is going to love me when I get her all dressed up. She is going to be one pimp ride. Just hard to believe I am going to spend almost 1k on stickers and install but at least i know they will be done professionally by AC themselves.

And Vivi dont worry about all that stuff Ill save you a hot seat down under if you like. Its sortof a bonus being born without a soul (ginger) because I just get to enjoy the ride.

Im in the Coast Guard even though I am aviation and i want to see my boat come in from the air but I am one station to far south to have Port Heuneme in my area of responsibilty. But it sure would be cool.

Well back to driving myself nuts knowing that I still have over a month until I see my new babe.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:56 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gaffer
In all the times I've called the 866 crackline, I've never been able to get anyone to give me a code. They just say they don't have that on their system.

So are some people actually getting the crackline reps to give them codes? I've only called about 10 times this week (mild addiction?), but always get the same story: no codes, just the same information thats on the automated system, which is nothing more than the scheduled finish date of 9/19/08.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
The status codes have been floating around for quite awhile. Back in '02 when I bought my first MINI you could call and they would give you the status codes without asking.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
[QUOTE=Draikonius;2473532]The status codes have been floating around for quite awhile. Back in '02 when I bought my first MINI you could call and they would give you the status codes without asking.[/QUOT
hmmm... Wonder if someone abused the priveledge?

Old 09-18-2008, 07:01 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I just got off the phone with a very helpful BMW person on the crackline. She told me that my mini is at the port of exit waiting for a ship to sail on!! She was awesome, even mentioned the forum and asked me what color my car was and if I had named it yet. No name yet, but I am very encouraged. I hope I don't get put on a K-line, I want to track this sucker!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:08 AM
kjrhammer
1st Gear
My Clubman is in the paint shop! It's scheduled to be complete 9/19 or 9/20.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:28 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Crackpipe's recording says 9/22 completion date...hope it's right. Counting down with you guys and wishing everyone good luck & safe transport!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:36 AM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Congrats to everyone, we missed the last boat to Port Hueneme on the 16th, by a day and now our Clubbie will sit until 9/22 for the next ride to the west coast.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:41 AM
minimich
Neutral
Booked on Ship!!

Hi fellow 38’ers. I’m finally able to post. I have been following the thread for about a week or so. Nice to know there are many MiNiac’s out there! In the hopes of helping others with their time frame, here are my personal tracking dates:
  • Approx. 2 weeks after order, became a Week 38 production.
  • Called automated ASKmini Sept. 10 - “vehicle scheduled for production, estimated completion Sept. 16” (The OL still had “on order” for 24hrs after that but then switched to “scheduled for production” with a vin #).
  • Later that day I talked to a live person at Crackpipe and it was “in production” with estimated completion of Sept. 16.
  • Sept. 16 – spoke with live person at Crackpipe who wouldn’t share any codes but did say that my Mini was “loaded onto the truck”. I’m guessing it was actually completed on Monday?? Never did get any details about “body shop”, “paint shop”, etc… the automated system always said “in production”.
  • Sept. 17 – called automated AskMini and it stated that it was “being transported”. BTW, OL still says “scheduled for production” errr….
  • I’ve been plugging my Vin# into the WW site since 9/15. This morning 9/18 it showed up as “booked on the Don Quijote”!!!!! The OL just switched to being transported.
I'm sure many of you will be joining me on the voyage departing tomorrow 9/19. Arrival in NY 9/28, then on to Baltimore, MD, Charleston, SC, and Brunswick, GA. Yahoo!!!

2009 PW/Blk MC with premium pkg., sport seats, etc...

Old 09-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Otra
6th Gear
1st call, told it would be a week 38 beginning on 9/15. 2nd call told it began production on 9/13 and should be on the assembly line on 9/20 but that this date could be off by 24 to 48 hours and that it could be finished either the 22nd or 23rd.

Even though I've been through this whole thing before, it's still addictive.

P.S.And I apologize for joining the group so far into the waiting game, I've been keeping a low profile.

Last edited by Otra; 09-18-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: P.S.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:30 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Congrats, minimich.

I will be traveling with you. I found out this morning (after plugging my VIN into the WW cargo site since yesterday) that I am booked on the Don Q as well. I'm hoping for a window seat and for smooth sailing. Let's make sure there's plenty of room for the rest of the 38ers and any 37ers still left on the docks.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Congrats y'all. Looks like we will miss the Don Quijote. I'm guessing that they are loading the Brunswick cars first, Charleston cars second, then the Baltimore cars, and finally the N.Y. cars. Then, they would unload in reverse order. What do you think? We're going to Charleston, so I'm hoping for the next ride, The Patriot. Smoooooth Sailing mates!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats indeed! Best case for me will be MV Undine but more likely Fedora. Based on my experience you are correct with the cargo load rotation/set-up. Best wishes for smooth sailing. Seems like it's been forever since I turned in my order!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
I'm a little slow... but where are you guys plugging in your VIN on the shipping site? I can't seem to locate it.... thanks!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:27 PM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Go to page 11 of this thread, post #267 has the link to track your MINI. The link to the Shipper and instructions are in there. Sorry, I'm not too good at attaching links and stuff.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:31 PM
minimich
Neutral
WW Ships

Vin tracking:
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

I don't think the Don Q. is expected in Southhampton until tomorrow 9/19 with the same day departure. I think we are just "booked" at this point, not loaded, so there is still time...

Old 09-18-2008, 03:41 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
You guys are lucky there are a lot more boats going to the East Coast then the West Coast.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:09 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
OK, thanks. That's where I had tried earlier....
Bad news bears.... Mine is coming up as an error, so I guess it won't be on it... Though I've been at the port since the 16th....

Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Just checked and I am booked on the Don Quijote!!! I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that she actually makes it onto the ship. I will feel really lucky since we just completed production yesterday, which is a pretty tight turn-around based on what I have heard.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:23 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
Ugh, I'm happy for you guys, but reallllly jealous.... I don't understand why mine isn't on there!
YOu do just plug in the VIN for the ID, right?

Old 09-18-2008, 04:52 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i'm on the Don Quijote, arriving in NYC on 9/28!

Steve

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group