1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto Yes, TyCrox, you just plug the VIN in there. Now it is possible that your MINI might be heading over on that other shipping line, right, the K-Line? Or perhaps I'm jumping in here in and have missed your earlier posts.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Ron H
2nd Gear
What port do the Minis heading for Houston go to?

Old 09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
guyver423
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just got off the phone with Mini. my mini is at the docks awaiting the voyage over!!! ^_^

Old 09-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Ron H
2nd Gear
Just called and my Mini is heading to the body shop for assembly.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Ron, from my guess by looking at page one of this Sticky thread about How to Track Your MINI:https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=144057, I'd guess it would be Brunswick, GA? But apparently you can check it out yourself - read here:
It is now time to go back to Section 1 where we referenced your “Port Loc.” on your Vehicle Inquiry Report. This information will tell you which port your MINI will be shipped to before it is placed on a truck and delivered to your dealer. The Ports of Call for MINI deliveries and their shipping companies are:
-Halifax, Nova Scotia (Port Loc = ?) : WW, ~6 days for transport
-New York City, NY (Port Loc = NYCPOA) : WW, ~8 days for transport (truly based in Jersey City, NJ)
-Charleston, SC (Port Loc = CHSPOA) : WW and K-Line, ~15 days on WW, ~13 days on K-Line
-Brunswick, GA (Port Loc = SSIPOA) : WW, ~17 days for transport (thanks to Bandit for the Loc Code!)
-Manzanillo, a.k.a. Panama Canal (Point of reference only) : WW, ~13 days
-Port Hueneme, CA (Port Loc = PHMPOA): WW, ~21 days for transport (thanks krim)
From Section 1 re the "Port Loc":
If during your signing you did not receive a piece of paper titled “Vehicle Inquiry Report”, you should receive it within roughly the next 24 business hours from your Motoring Advisor (MA). This piece of paper describes in full detail your MINI of choice along with all its options. It is the very diagnosis for MINI fever you will catch over the next 6-8 weeks. There are several key items to be aware of on the top of your Vehicle Inquiry Report:
-Prod. No: This is your Production Number! Your MA should also supply this to you verbally in the next 24 business hours if this field is blank.
-Port Loc.:This is your Port Location, it describes which port your MINI is going to be dropped off at and then placed on a truck for delivery to your dealer.
Well, I just want to say that I never have gotten a "Vehicle Inquiry Report" from my MA...but maybe that's because I'm from New York and we know our ships have to come in to New Jersey?

Old 09-18-2008, 05:23 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
Otra, thanks!
But, I'm unsure.... It will be coming into Pittsburgh, so I was assuming I would be with everyone else...

Old 09-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Perhaps your best bet is to ask your MA for some help, if you can't find any info by tomorrow? But I bet you will...having just read through some of the earlier posts, it seems as though it takes a few days for the VIN numbers to show up even though you know your MINI is at the port waiting. Keep the faith!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:29 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
I shot him an email earlier today... but, hopefully it will be KLine, as they run a few days faster...
I just checked and it's coming into Charleston, so it could be either WW or KLine

Old 09-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Good, this part is the hardest but the pay off will be excellent.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Ron H
2nd Gear
Thanks for the info Otra

Old 09-18-2008, 09:04 PM
desertmini21
4th Gear
It looks like the status of my MCS has been bumped up to "awaiting transport"!!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Bruce Banner
2nd Gear
Congrats all you Great Mini people!! I am very jealous of all of you seeing as how i got lucky enough to get the very last start date of week 38. which is rather disapointing.

Dreaming of the day I get to see Adele get on a boat for the great voyage beyond.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:21 PM
tintman718
3rd Gear
Does this sound bad?

RETURNED TO SHIPPER SOUTHAMPTON 18/09/2008 14:59
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 18/09/2008 14:44
BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 31/07/2008 14:06

Old 09-19-2008, 04:37 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Ew, Tintman, that does not sound good, something must have been damaged...

in other news, my MA is a freakin' jerk! I sent him an email simply requesting that he let me know what boat my mini gets on (in the event that it is on the K-line) and he replies with this:
"I have to let you do the investigating here on out due to having many other customers that waited anywhere as long as mid-June to a month in line for the 09 models that have the same status as youre self, needing assistance wanting to order & many others also waiting for delivery."

So basically he wants to help everyone else in the same situation as me, only not me? WTF.....he goes on to say: "You're very important to me as a customer & I certainly don't want to imply that you're not " Well buddy that is exactly what you are implying!

How can I respond and still get the boat name and possibly get something else like maybe some free floor mats or something...I think this guy owes me for being a putz. I have never even met him in person, what a joke.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:49 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
jakery, I would call the dealership and ask for the manager's e-mail address & forward the message. If that doesn't work call the crackline and get the e-mail address or contact for US Customer Service. Did this guy just transfer from a Toyota dealer or what? I've never in my years of owning MINI's and knowing MINI owners had someone representing them react so unprofessionally. It doesn't matter if you met the guy in person or not. Demand some respece, some floor mats and some really cool valve stem covers at his expense. I don't care if they have customers lined up like a WalMart in Alabama on Sunday afternoon...get something.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
I wonder if when your car arrives you can request a different MA?

Old 09-19-2008, 05:01 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
in other news, my MA is a freakin' jerk! I sent him an email simply requesting that he let me know what boat my mini gets on (in the event that it is on the K-line) and he replies with this:
"I have to let you do the investigating here on out due to having many other customers that waited anywhere as long as mid-June to a month in line for the 09 models that have the same status as youre self, needing assistance wanting to order & many others also waiting for delivery."

So basically he wants to help everyone else in the same situation as me, only not me? WTF.....he goes on to say: "You're very important to me as a customer & I certainly don't want to imply that you're not " Well buddy that is exactly what you are implying!

How can I respond and still get the boat name and possibly get something else like maybe some free floor mats or something...I think this guy owes me for being a putz. I have never even met him in person, what a joke.
That pretty much sounds like the experience I'm having. I can't imagine that being an MA (aka car salesman) is a very stressful job. How much time would it have taken for that jerk to look up your information? My guess is that it would have taken him less time than it did to type the e-mail to you. It's unfortunate that some of these "MA" jerks can dampen the fun of buying a Mini. Which IMO, is still the most fun I've ever had buying a car inspite of dealing with idiots.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Sadly, I think DooBahDoo is right... (not that I think it's sad he's right, but it's sad that you should have to follow his suggestions... oh bother, that sounds bad too! )
If the dealership is within driving distance, I would even go so far as to suggest that you drive down there to speak to the manager. But if it's too far, head to their website, the manager's information *should* be there. Be as sweet and polite as possible- and explain that you are not able to figure out WHICH ship your car is going on or if it's even ON a ship yet. That Ask-MINI does not have this information and that you really would like to know the answer to this simple question. Then go into how your MA really was quite rude to you and that you would like to be assigned to a new MA. If the Manager is also dismissive, you can (very politely) throw in that you have some friends who were interested in buying a new MINI, but that due to the treatment you've received, you are advising them to go to another dealership. If this is the only dealership in town, or around, gently remind the manager that there are other dealerships in this country that are accepting orders from out of town.
Be firm, but be extremely polite. Being polite is hard to do, but you want to make sure your MA looks bad, not you.

BEst of luck- Vivi
PS- if that doesn't work, well, you can ALWAYS get the MA back by figuring out how to preset all his radio presets to Opera! or Talk RAdio... something that would drive him crazy.

(payback is hell)

Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
quick question folks- I plugged my VIN into the search bar in the link that was provided & a message came up as follows:
The Cargo Id field contains invalid characters. Please correct.

I just copied my VIN... is this the error message meaning they don't have my car (which is possible) or am I doing something wrong?! I went back to the Tracking Stickey, but I couldn't find anything (didn't read the whole thing tho).
Hmmmm....
Thanks- Vivi

Old 09-19-2008, 05:30 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Vivi,

You're so sweet. You guys want to know how pathetic my obsession is? I just came in from mowing the entire 3.5 acre lawn, trimming, edging the sidewalks and driveway, weedeating, blowing everything off, and washing down the deck. Pathetic! I had to do something to get away from the pipe!

Lets start a MINI club! Nashville has so much going on all the time and I see a lot of MINI's. If Huntsville, AL can get a club together certainly we can. They meet for dinner once a month, do their local Holiday parade, and a few other things throughout the year. We should do it! Just think...a new way to continue our obsession/addiction. We could become the crackpipe for other locals...all we need is a website...
DooBahDoo- OMG. If you really need to burn off some steam, please- I have some grass that needs mowing, a driveway that needs repairing, 11 horses that need grooming, tack that needs cleaning, fences that need repairing, 2 cars that need some work, all the cars need a bath...
I could keep your mind occupied for YEARS!

Yes, let's work on a club. With all the great roads around here, we should have lots of fun with it. Heck, even tho the Trace is only 45 mph, it would still be fun to drive- a whole line of MINI's going down the Trace?! Or a photo op with all the MINI's on the Bridge across Hwy 96 (if they're tall enough to be seen, LOL).

I'm waiting to see if I get bumped to transport... May have to call CrackPipe today
TTFN- and enjoy all the nice things you've done to your home -
Vivi

Old 09-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Just an aside here, but I've never had my MA help me out with what ship the car was on...though I also never asked. I've always used the directions supplied either on MINI2 or here on NAM. Perhaps the WW site has not been updated yet, and/or your car has yet to be loaded... I know it's frustrating when things are so close, yet seem so far. Hang in there!

Old 09-19-2008, 05:44 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
jakery...you may have just given all of us a reason to roadtrip. We'll all meet up at your dealership and put a little MINI Soprano's action on him. Vivi's getting a roofrack so we can strap him up there and let her aggressively drive him around town pantsed but with a big wedgy!

Don't let those jerk MA's get away with anything...if you don't get satisfaction there's always THE SURVEY on your MA, Dealership, and car buying experience. They take that pretty serously out at MINI USA headquarters from what I hear. He who laughs last (and drives a MINI) laughs loudest!

I SO wish my car was going to be on the love boat with you guys! I'm feeling left out. Hopefully there's some week 38 love left for my boat.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:45 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
jakery...you may have just given all of us a reason to roadtrip. We'll all meet up at your dealership and put a little MINI Soprano's action on him. Vivi's getting a roofrack so we can strap him up there and let her aggressively drive him around town pantsed but with a big wedgy!

Don't let those jerk MA's get away with anything...if you don't get satisfaction there's always THE SURVEY on your MA, Dealership, and car buying experience. They take that pretty serously out at MINI USA headquarters from what I hear. He who laughs last (and drives a MINI) laughs loudest!

I SO wish my car was going to be on the love boat with you guys! I'm feeling left out. Hopefully there's some week 38 love left for my boat.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:08 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
I apologize for the double-post...don't know how that happened.

On another note...I hit the crackpipe. The only 12 steps that are going to help me is walking from the dealer's door to my Clubman. They say that my car is "in the body shop"! Another step closer...wooHOoooOOOO!

Here's wishing everyone a GREAT day, AWESOME weekend, and FLAWLESS trip across the pond!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:21 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tintman718
Does this sound bad?

RETURNED TO SHIPPER SOUTHAMPTON 18/09/2008 14:59
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 18/09/2008 14:44
BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 31/07/2008 14:06
Tintman,
Any update on what was going on?

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group