1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:55 AM
SirParlan
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
quick question folks- I plugged my VIN into the search bar in the link that was provided & a message came up as follows:
The Cargo Id field contains invalid characters. Please correct.

I just copied my VIN... is this the error message meaning they don't have my car (which is possible) or am I doing something wrong?! I went back to the Tracking Stickey, but I couldn't find anything (didn't read the whole thing tho).
Hmmmm....
Thanks- Vivi
Check to see that you do not have any spaces trailing your VIN (and that there are none before it as well). If it is not in the system it gives you a message that is basically "Number not found"

Old 09-19-2008, 08:03 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Thank you SirParlan, I did check and viola'... a space... oops
so I go the error message (not on a WW ship yet), but I hit the CRACKPIPE and Mochalatte is at the port waiting on a ship!
Thanks- Vivi

Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Our Clubman is booked for the Patriot! It just showed up on the WW site. A couple of hours ago it wasn't there.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:16 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Thanks everyone, I did end up emailing the Sales Manager. I hope that helps at all. I just know with my luck I will be put on the K-line and be clueless the rest of the way...So far my VIN isn't showing up on the WW tracking site. let's hope it makes the Patriot!!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:00 AM
kumunhotep
Neutral
Nicee!!! just check FireFox is leaving the Port Today on Don Quijote
Gets to BRUNSWICK, GA on Oct 3rd. The traking Serv is nice!!
Everyone on board!!!!

09-MCS Chilli RED- Loaded

Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 AM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Houston

Originally Posted by Ron H
What port do the Minis heading for Houston go to?
Mine is going to Houston and it shows the Charleston, SC port of entry. So a good bit of driving required after the ship.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:56 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
jakery, I would call the dealership and ask for the manager's e-mail address & forward the message. If that doesn't work call the crackline and get the e-mail address or contact for US Customer Service. Did this guy just transfer from a Toyota dealer or what? .
BTW - and I'm not trying to start something here- my Toyota dealer Salesman has gone out of his way to help me over the years- even when I wasn't buying a Toyota (living on a farm, we need the trucks & I have found the Toys to be extremely reliable- our '94 4x4 p/u has over 160 miles and the original clutch!)- Now if HE was selling MINI's, you'd have an update!

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in!

Jakery, I hope you get some information & some satisfaction-

Old 09-19-2008, 10:02 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
jakery...you may have just given all of us a reason to roadtrip. We'll all meet up at your dealership and put a little MINI Soprano's action on him. Vivi's getting a roofrack so we can strap him up there and let her aggressively drive him around town pantsed but with a big wedgy!

Don't let those jerk MA's get away with anything...if you don't get satisfaction there's always THE SURVEY on your MA, Dealership, and car buying experience. They take that pretty serously out at MINI USA headquarters from what I hear. He who laughs last (and drives a MINI) laughs loudest!

I SO wish my car was going to be on the love boat with you guys! I'm feeling left out. Hopefully there's some week 38 love left for my boat.
Wedgie... Hmmm, I think he needs a Swirly first

DooBahDoo, you'll get on a ship. I know this is torture, but you will get on and when your Clubbie gets to town, all relaxed from a leisurely cruise on the QE-2 ( ), all fit and dressed for success, weyall, it will be worth the wait!

I'm as excited to see your Clubbie as you are! You sure you don't want to come bush hog over here? (giggle)

Vivi

Old 09-19-2008, 10:03 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
So, how many of y'all have taken to stopping Mini drivers to oogle their cars and ask all sorts of (in my case) dumb questions, just to get your ya-ya's out?

I'll admit, I have...

At this rate, I'm going to be labeled STALKER! Yeeesh!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hey Folks- just wanted you to know the Don Q has set sail
Safe crossing to all on board.
Vivi

Old 09-19-2008, 10:19 AM
rasputinj
4th Gear
We are now booked on Medea which will leave 9/21 and will show up in Port Hueneme on 10/12. We are getting one step closer.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Rieux
1st Gear
Apparently Nigel is on his way to the port today. Hoping to make the Undine, which arrives in NYC on the 2nd. If I miss that one, it's a whole week more to wait until another ship leaves the 9th. Anyone think I can make it?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rasputinj
We are now booked on Medea which will leave 9/21 and will show up in Port Hueneme on 10/12. We are getting one step closer.
Congrats! have a safe trip- that is just fabulous that you KNOW! I've just found out that MochaLatte is at the port, waiting for a ship to sail on.
Fair winds and following seas!
Vivi

Old 09-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
I'm in the paint shop!!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:20 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats Jen! Do you have an estimated completion date?

I spoke to my MA and you can definitely request a different MA. That's your call according to him.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:36 PM
SirParlan
2nd Gear
Penelope II is completed awaiting for transfer to the shipper. I don't know if we will make the Medea on Monday for the trip to Cali. If not then she sits for a week until the Iseult is off. Keeping fingers crossed for a quick trip to Southampton.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
I'm in the paint shop also with an estimated completion date of 9/20!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:51 PM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Latest update on mine: "sittin' on the dock of the bay" waiting for ship.
My m/a e-mailed this morning. It's still not assigned to a specific boat yet, so we don't know if it's going K-line or WW...

Oh well, I've been pretty lucky so far. Tomorrow just makes 2 weeks since I ordered it. I guess I can't complain too much.

Plus, I went to the SCCA Solo 2 Nationals this morning and got to watch all of the H-Stock Coopers run, so that tempered my fix for now...

-Ben

Old 09-19-2008, 02:11 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
We'll see

Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Ew, Tintman, that does not sound good, something must have been damaged...

in other news, my MA is a freakin' jerk! I sent him an email simply requesting that he let me know what boat my mini gets on (in the event that it is on the K-line) and he replies with this:
"I have to let you do the investigating here on out due to having many other customers that waited anywhere as long as mid-June to a month in line for the 09 models that have the same status as youre self, needing assistance wanting to order & many others also waiting for delivery."

So basically he wants to help everyone else in the same situation as me, only not me? WTF.....he goes on to say: "You're very important to me as a customer & I certainly don't want to imply that you're not " Well buddy that is exactly what you are implying!

How can I respond and still get the boat name and possibly get something else like maybe some free floor mats or something...I think this guy owes me for being a putz. I have never even met him in person, what a joke.
So The Sales Manager was very apologetic and offered a replacement MA and suggested that I send any future inquiries to himself. The Sales Manager was the guy I placed my order with anyways and he is super nice. I guess he told my MA about my concerns because an hour or so later my MA emailed me a big apology letter, so I think I am going to stick with him and milk him for some free stuff. We'll see I guess....

Old 09-19-2008, 02:20 PM
WhiteRabbit
1st Gear
Please Please Please

Just got off the phone w/ the crackline. Brogey is in QC. I'm going to have to pray that he makes the boat on Sunday to have a shot at recieving in October. Got my fingers crossed Grats to all as we get closer to our pride and joy!

Old 09-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Good for you jakery!

Old 09-19-2008, 02:57 PM
hemmingway_bg
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QC TOO

I am at QC with today my scheduled completion date. I understand 1 to 3 days for trip to dock. I have no idea how long to wait for boat ride to Georgia. I just hope it goes to the Georgia next to Florida.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
My completion date is the 22nd, which technically puts me in week 39 I suppose. But you guys are more fun.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Bruce Banner
2nd Gear
Jenan we are in the same boat. I just got off the phone with the crack line and they said my car was due complete on the 22nd. First time I am glad my MA was wrong he told me that I wasnt suppose to START production until the 20th. Its too bad that I have the long sail all the way around mexico and all that.

But I cant wait to see my girl!!!! Wishing us all the best of luck.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:30 PM
jeremyjcw
1st Gear
Ack sorry for the delay on the Windows version of the widget! I had to fly out of town and just got back this morning! Busy is a good problem to have I guess...

On another note, I'm awaiting transport!!

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group