1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:01 PM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aw crud, I called the crackline this morning and was told my Mini would be completed by today. However, my tracking ends here. MA did not inform me of port location so no idea where/what ship to track. Owner's lounge still states "in production" so that's no help. Crackline's closed till next Monday and MA is on leave till end of next week. :(

Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Wah...it is looking like Lola didn't make it onto the Don Quijote (I knew it was too good to be true) but now it says she is booked for the Boheme, which is not scheduled to sail at all anytime soon....this has me concerned.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:15 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by IzzyG
Aw crud, I called the crackline this morning and was told my Mini would be completed by today. However, my tracking ends here. MA did not inform me of port location so no idea where/what ship to track. Owner's lounge still states "in production" so that's no help. Crackline's closed till next Monday and MA is on leave till end of next week. :(

Izzy, in what state are you located? Maybe we can help you figure out the port of call for your dealership. It's worth a shot.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:22 PM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Well, I'm located in Racine, WI but the dealer is at Lake Bluff, IL.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:34 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by IzzyG
Well, I'm located in Racine, WI but the dealer is at Lake Bluff, IL.
Check with anyone at your dealership but the nearest is probably Baltimore. They'll be able to tell you for sure but according to the 2wglobal website the Europe to US ports of call are New York, Baltimore, Charleston, and continue south. Good luck to you! According to the crackpipe recording I'm in the body shop today with estimated completion 9/22. Mine will sail to Charleston...hopefully SOON!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Wedgie... Hmmm, I think he needs a Swirly first

DooBahDoo, you'll get on a ship. I know this is torture, but you will get on and when your Clubbie gets to town, all relaxed from a leisurely cruise on the QE-2 ( ), all fit and dressed for success, weyall, it will be worth the wait!

I'm as excited to see your Clubbie as you are! You sure you don't want to come bush hog over here? (giggle)

Vivi
Vivi, I would love to help with your horses. My family has horses back home and I miss them. We have to get together and found a MINI club for Nashville. Do you have a vessel/voyage yet? Keep us posted...I can't wait to see your car and hear what you hubby orders...because he will have to have one or he'll be sneaking yours out!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:55 PM
desertmini21
4th Gear
MEDEA

Okay, you all are just short of pushers Anyway, I checked the shipping link you guys were discussing and it looks like I am on the MEDEA with a mid October delivery date. I am assuming that I should expect the MCS a couple to a few weeks later.

Last edited by desertmini21; 09-19-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 09-19-2008, 08:31 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by desertmini21
Okay, you all are just short of pushers Anyway, I checked the shipping link you guys were discussing and it looks like I am on the MEDEA with a mid October delivery date. I am assuming that I should expect the MCS a couple to a few weeks later.
Glad to know you will be on Medea with us. We can not wait...

Old 09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Vivi, I would love to help with your horses. My family has horses back home and I miss them. We have to get together and found a MINI club for Nashville. Do you have a vessel/voyage yet? Keep us posted...I can't wait to see your car and hear what you hubby orders...because he will have to have one or he'll be sneaking yours out!
Oh, DH is already eyeballing MochaLatte. He's gone over her specs quite a bit and is psyched (seems I can order a nice little car, tee hee).
No vessel yet- keep getting error messages, boo hoo- but who knows, maybe we're meant to share a paddle over the pond. As it stands, I have to go to Maine over Columbus Day weekend, so I'm kinda stuck between wanting MochaLatte to come early so I can get my hands on her and wanting her to come later so my husband can't get HIS hands on her, LOL.

I wonder, do I need to stick a bumper sticker on my horses bum that says "My other horse is a MINI?"
(which is really funny as I have 2 miniature horses along with the big guys... I also have minature pigs- potbellied pigs)
Can't wait to hear that you're clubbie has been "born" and is in the nursery awaiting a ride across teh puddle.

Vivi

Old 09-20-2008, 04:17 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
I just called the auto crackline and found out my Mini has been released to a transport waiting to be sent to the docks. That leaves two possible boats for the NYC port.
The Undine which sails on the 23rd or the Fedora which sails on the 30th.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Are you sure about that Paul. When I look at this http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF, it appears to me that there are several other boats heading to NYC before the 30th. Maybe I'm misreading it?

Old 09-20-2008, 05:34 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
Maybe I am looking at it wrong. I thought I needed to look at boats that left Southampton and arrived in NY. Those were the only two I saw. Are there others? I could be misreading it too. I'm pretty sure that only the WW line serves the NY port.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:47 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Perhaps we need remedial help? On page 1, it shows the Atlantic Concert leaving on the 23rd, though that might be too soon for yours, but on page 2 there are several other ships that (from the way I am reading the schedule) could also bring your MINI - the Tamerlane on the 27th, the Don Q on the 28th, the Patriot on the 29th and the Atlantic Compass on 9/30. These are the ones that I believe will be arriving in NY...whereas the Undine on the 30th appears to be arriving in Halifax, and then in NY on October 2nd

Old 09-20-2008, 06:28 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
As far as I know, the ship has to have a stop in Southampton, and not all of them do. That is the port of "entry". The ships coming to New York that have not left yet are the Patriot (leaving today arriving NYC on 9/30) the Undine, leaving on 9/23 and arriving 10/2 and then Fedora, leaving 9/30, arriving 10/9...The schedule is hard to read sometimes! Hope that helps.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Are we looking at the same documents? Oh, gotcha, I missed the starting from Southampton, so that nixes the Atlantic Compass for the future, and the Don Q and Tamerlane are already en route. But, not to split hairs - isn't the Patriot supposed to be arriving on the 29th? Of course, all these arrival dates are subject to Mother Nature...and once one's MINI is aboard, one can track the ships a bit to add to the expectation quotient.

Last edited by Otra; 10-20-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:42 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Well I am still in a 193 status according to my Sales Manager which means that I didn't make the Patriot...I hope and pray that they throw my car onto the Undine on Tues. Still holding out for a Columbus Day pick up....

Old 09-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Just checked the Crack line and I shows me in the paint shop, but production was to completed today, sooooo I called MA (a really great guy, he even gave me his personal cell number), and production is complete and currently in QC. It looks like I might possibly make the Undine on the 23rd after all!

Old 09-20-2008, 03:34 PM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Check with anyone at your dealership but the nearest is probably Baltimore. They'll be able to tell you for sure but according to the 2wglobal website the Europe to US ports of call are New York, Baltimore, Charleston, and continue south. Good luck to you! According to the crackpipe recording I'm in the body shop today with estimated completion 9/22. Mine will sail to Charleston...hopefully SOON!
Thanks for the help DooBahDoo. According to the schedule, the next Southampton ship is sept 23rd or Sept 30th and arrives Oct 4th or 10th. That is definitely within the estimated time I was given(2nd or 3rd week of Oct). At this point, I'm hoping it's the 2nd but sounds more like 3rd or even 4th! :( Oh well, it's all a waiting game. >.<

Old 09-20-2008, 03:37 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
I'm hoping to have mine the middle of October. Estimated completion is 9/22 (Monday) so next ship to Charleston would put it into Nashville dealer mid-October. I'm so impatient but the only thing I can tell you as a MINI owner is that they are worth the wait! Good luck to you!!! Safe sailing!

Old 09-20-2008, 04:37 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Howdy DooBahDoo-
I haven't heard anything else on MochaLatte, so my guess is that we're on the same boat.
So, I'm curious, is this new PW/PW Clubbie the same or different from your previous mini?
Curious minds want to know
Vivi

Old 09-20-2008, 05:29 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Different. My dearly departed was an '08 Chilli Red/White Cooper S and we have an '08 Pepper White/Black Cooper S because we couldn't share....lol I stopped by the dealer today. I think I saw the Hot Chocolate/Silver Clubbie that you were talking about. I love that interior and I really wanted to take the limited edition bulldog convertible home with me...but only if I hit the 155 million lotto tonight...lol Otherwise I may have to beg to bunk in your barn. My MA looked up his, mine, and his wife's. His wife's is at port, and ours are due for completion Monday. I think you're going to get yours about a week before I will...but we'll still have to get together and say hi...and start the Music City MINI Owners/Obsessors club. SOON!

Old 09-20-2008, 05:53 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looks like i'm on the Patriot instead of the Don Quijote

i went back and plugged in my VIN into the tracking site and now it says my MINI is on the Patriot, which sailed on 9/20 a day behind the Don Quijote. The Patriot arrives in NYC on 9/29 - still great news!

Old 09-20-2008, 05:53 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats!!!

Old 09-20-2008, 07:12 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Different. My dearly departed was an '08 Chilli Red/White Cooper S and we have an '08 Pepper White/Black Cooper S because we couldn't share....lol I stopped by the dealer today. I think I saw the Hot Chocolate/Silver Clubbie that you were talking about. I love that interior and I really wanted to take the limited edition bulldog convertible home with me...but only if I hit the 155 million lotto tonight...lol Otherwise I may have to beg to bunk in your barn. My MA looked up his, mine, and his wife's. His wife's is at port, and ours are due for completion Monday. I think you're going to get yours about a week before I will...but we'll still have to get together and say hi...and start the Music City MINI Owners/Obsessors club. SOON!
Oh dear... I think you'll have to wait for the bulldog convertible and the HC Clubbie because my DH thinks WE'RE going to hit the lotto tonite! The other prob is that my barn has been overrun by spoiled potbellied pigs! Horses sleep out under the stars.

MochaLatte might come *in* a week before yours, but remember they have to do the roof racks and the tinting- and a few other things before I pick it up. Plus I'm going to be out of town over Columbus Day weekend, so I will want to pick up when I get back. Tee hee hee - not leaving my car for DH to drive around before I get my hands on it, LOL.

Mean, ain't I??
Vivi

Old 09-20-2008, 07:22 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
My vehicle said I had a production completion date of Sept 21st and today I was in the paint shop. I called tonight and it says it is "In Production" and estimated completion date of Sept 25th?????????? Any ideas on how I can be in the paint shop and then the completion date of Sept 21st moved to Sept 25th?

Last edited by JBMJBM; 09-20-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group