1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:26 PM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
My vehicle said I had a production completion date of Aug 21st and today I was in the paint shop. I called tonight and it says it is "In Production" and estimated completion date of Aug 25th?????????? Any ideas on how I can be in the paint shop and then the completion date of Aug 21st moved to Aug 25th?
Do you mean September? August was last month. Either ways, sometimes your production completion dates can be pushed back.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:27 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Never mind, I must have put in two digits wrong and it actually be someone elses on the 25th b/c I called back to make sure and it was the 21st and all was well. Man I was going to be upset!

Old 09-20-2008, 10:35 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Our MA thinks we can pickup on 10/22 or 10/23 in LV. The waiting is the hardest part, at least we are getting closer.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Well, Doobahdoo, looks like you will have company on the boat coming over. My beauty is expected to finish TOMORROW. Crackpipe says I'm in the paint shop, but the live dealers told me I was in the paint shop on Friday. Could be that I'm done, maybe, maybe ahead of schedule? Maybe I should take a hit on the WW crack site just in case.... Something new on which to obsess.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:45 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Jen, I'm sorry you didn't get booked on an earler cruise but I'm glad our kids will have a friend on board. I've given up on the on-line crackline but I'll be watching the clock for 8am to call the live crackdealers. I stopped by the dealership yesterday and my MA showed me in status 155 as of 9/20...I think it said assembly....it's all a blur when the news hits my bloodstream/brain. Keep me posted on your progress and I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us week 38 stragglers.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:26 AM
desertmini21
4th Gear
Who else in this support group is having their Cooper shipped on the Medea? I guess the westerners have to wait an extra week or two.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 AM
rebeccajeanstewart
Neutral
I'm boarding the Medea this morning. At least I hope I am.... Things have gone so well for me so far I don't want to jinx it. I hope our Coopers behave themselves and don't have to walk the plank.

_______
09 MC BRG Black roof with bonnet stripes

Old 09-21-2008, 08:18 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Well, OL says I'm awaiting transport... something I've been doing since the 18th. The WW website still can't find me, so I'm wondering if I got on a K line ship. Guess I'll have to go check out where and when they're outta here... and tomorrow go bug my MA to see if he can give me more info! I guess I could still be in the nursery waiting on DooBahDoo & Jen- Hope the powers that be don't think MochaLatte will be old enough to play Governess or Chaperone... cause that's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house!
Ho Hum... At least all this waiting and anticipation and trying to figure out what is going on has kept me from having buyer's remorse (and I only say that cause I need a car payment like a hole in my head- so I guess, just call me Swiss Cheese!)

TTFN- Vivi

Old 09-21-2008, 08:19 AM
desertmini21
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rebeccajeanstewart
I'm boarding the Medea this morning. At least I hope I am.... Things have gone so well for me so far I don't want to jinx it. I hope our Coopers behave themselves and don't have to walk the plank.

_______
09 MC BRG Black roof with bonnet stripes
Nice color choice, almost ordered a BRG, but decided on the blue because I have never owned that color. It looks like you will get your cooper first since you are several hundred miles west of Abq.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
My dealership is 200 miles away from home, so dropping by is not an option for me. Also I'm currently in virginia, which is making time go a little faster, actually. My friend here is helping me with me withdrawal symptoms, but she is sympathetic and understands when I need a fix. Translated - she is highly amused.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 AM
desertmini21
4th Gear
VIN #

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Well, OL says I'm awaiting transport... something I've been doing since the 18th. The WW website still can't find me, so I'm wondering if I got on a K line ship. Guess I'll have to go check out where and when they're outta here... and tomorrow go bug my MA to see if he can give me more info! I guess I could still be in the nursery waiting on DooBahDoo & Jen- Hope the powers that be don't think MochaLatte will be old enough to play Governess or Chaperone... cause that's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house!
Ho Hum... At least all this waiting and anticipation and trying to figure out what is going on has kept me from having buyer's remorse (and I only say that cause I need a car payment like a hole in my head- so I guess, just call me Swiss Cheese!)

TTFN- Vivi
Did you type the VIN # in the search field?

n

Old 09-21-2008, 08:46 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
WW vs K lines

Originally Posted by desertmini21
Did you type the VIN # in the search field?

n
Hi, yes I have the vin in the search field (it actually now comes up almost automagically) but I get the message about not being found. Which leads me to believe I'm not going to hitch a ride on the WW line and get the K line instead. Will have to go to the other 'puter to check and see which K Line might be heading out when. It's a toss up, one ship to the other- K Line crosses faster, WW you can track easier and the captain's usually send in reports you can see.

"Anticipaayaaation... it's making me wait" - Carly Simon

Old 09-21-2008, 08:50 AM
OceanMini
1st Gear
Cargo Status

My hub woke me up this morning and said, "Sweetie, can you read this for me?" It was about 7:30am, and I wanted to sleep in, but I got up and went into the den. He handed me a piece of paper. I was still half asleep, but not for long. I read the first line: "Cargo Status History" ...

Our Clubbie is booked on the MEDEA! Ahoy to all our shipmates!

Then I went to Wallenius ship tracking site and found the MEDEA, which should dock in Port Hueneme, CA on October 12.
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/

Then I went to the AIS ship tracking site and found the MEDEA docked at the port in Southampton.
http://www.ais-live.co.uk/AIS%20Live...uthampton.html
This is a little fiddly -- you can zoom out, and move your position on the map by clicking on Southampton. Then zoom back in. The cargo ships are the green dots.

If you find it in the port, you can click on the green dot that is the MEDEA and find out the CALL SIGN, and a bunch of other info, like exactly when it moored, etc. The MEDEA's call sign is 9HVL.

The CALL SIGN is useful, if you go here to track the ship underway across the ocean:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Of course, all of these websites are now shortcuts on my desktop.

Bon voyage, shipmates!

Sandy
2009 MCCS, SS/BK, premium, and other stuff

Last edited by OceanMini; 09-21-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 AM
desertmini21
4th Gear
Thanks for all the links. But you know, you are just feeding my obsession and addiction. The real fix will hopefully arrive mid October.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:22 AM
OceanMini
1st Gear
Shipmates

Hi desertmini and rebecca and everybody on MEDEA

So now that our Clubbie is really on the boat, I feel like celebrating. We ordered on 8/1, and it felt like forever to get to this point. I know it will be a few more weeks, but I can actually visualize my baby on board (do you think the ship has one of those yellow signs in the back window?).

Now when my friends and family ask me if it's on the boat yet, I can say yes!

Btw, can someone tell me where to get the signature round badges that everyone uses on the forums? I've seen one for SS Clubman Owners, but can I copy it, or would that be rude? And what about the cartoon Minis with big eyes? I looked around but couldn't find the answer on the forums.

Thanks,

Sandy

Old 09-21-2008, 10:27 AM
desertmini21
4th Gear
I started an "all aboard the Medea" thread. I will continue to need more support as our ship sails.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:34 AM
OceanMini
1st Gear
AIS Tracking

I just realized the AIS link was incorrect when I first posted -- it's fixed now.

Sandy

Old 09-21-2008, 11:45 AM
kh7085
Neutral
Hello
Can someone check on your OL, I checked my OL this morning on the review order detail became strange, there is one more description shows "model description". it says "4 door sedan cooper S". and my factory ordered options all gone I don't know what happen??? they added two more doors on my mini?? and I call ASK MINI, it says my car is in Assembly and will be completed by 9/20/2008 and right now still no update.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Not to worry...anyway it has already been completed, right? The OL is notorious for being weird. My options are missing, though the actual description is what is real... The humans at ASK MINI are the important ones.

Something is also awry with the order tracking widget...the one for Mac users..it is not working at all for me.

Next stage, once the car has arrived at port and been loaded, will be to find out which ship will be carrying your MINI over.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:54 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I'm still not showing up on the WW site, I hope I am going to make the Undine or have already been put on a K-line ship...MA emailed yesterday and said I wasn't book to a ship yet...WAITING IS HARD!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 01:12 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
Not to worry...anyway it has already been completed, right? The OL is notorious for being weird. My options are missing, though the actual description is what is real... The humans at ASK MINI are the important ones.

Something is also awry with the order tracking widget...the one for Mac users..it is not working at all for me.

I'm so glad to find someone else is having widget issues- it keeps asking me for a vehicle number- I've plugged back in my prod # and then later my vin... and it's still not working. I thought it was cause I've just gotten an IMAC and transferred everything from my Macbook pro to the IMAC but if you're having issues, maybe it's the widget
thanx for the sigh of relief- Vivi

Old 09-21-2008, 01:17 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
You need to read the read me file attached to the widget, you don't use the Prod # OR the VIN. you need to enter in the number that appears in the address bar of your internet browser when you are logged into the OL tracker, it is a random 7 digit number....hope that helps.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:19 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Order Completed Today! It says waiting Transport!

Old 09-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
You need to read the read me file attached to the widget, you don't use the Prod # OR the VIN. you need to enter in the number that appears in the address bar of your internet browser when you are logged into the OL tracker, it is a random 7 digit number....hope that helps.
Right, I'd forgotten that! I had that number in there before but for some reason it didn't react earlier and then I deleted it. But that's OK because it's always too far behind reality.

P.S. I just went in to try to bring up that number again and for some odd reason when I log in, and go to the Track Your MINI - the browser window does not show anything. I'm using Safari...it's odd because I was sure I used it before. Hmm, perhaps MINI didn't like the widget?

Last edited by Otra; 09-21-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:32 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc

Oh yeah- oops that's right.. except now when I go to OL there is NO 7 digit # in my address bar. in fact, no number at all-
I've also found that I'm getting error messages when I try to go directly to the owner's lounge, but no error message when I try to do it thru my dealership's webpage- It looks like they've changed their address a tad. Hmmmm....

Of course, I *could* be just grasping at straws, right!

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group