1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 05:53 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I can't get into the OL at all. It just errors out.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:12 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Try going in thru mini usa. my bookmark stopped working too and errors out

Old 09-22-2008, 06:23 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
I couldn't help myself. I was on the crackpipe at 7:59 saying repeat until the clock turned to 8:00. The MINI rep told me production was completed today and I'm already on a truck to the port of exit. He said it takes a day or two to get there, if any of you have obsessed enough to know the transit time for your vehicle I would appreciate your input. Looks like mid-October if I'm lucky enough to not get left behind. Hope all my fellow week 38'ers are getting good wrap-up info as well. Smooth sailing everyone & hope our MINI's don't get fat & lazy from all the on-board buffets and all-night dance parties on the Lido Deck.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
HMMMM, I'm in the OL now and it shows me as a 4 door sedan as well. At least the leather seats show. My bet is over the weekend they have been doing some housecleaning on the website. It needed it. And obviously it still needs more work.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 AM
Otra
6th Gear
The MINI folks were probably jealous of that wonderful Widget.

Congrats on the move towards the docks, DooBahDoo!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 AM
hemmingway_bg
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 dr. sedan?

Originally Posted by Jenanhill
HMMMM, I'm in the OL now and it shows me as a 4 door sedan as well. At least the leather seats show. My bet is over the weekend they have been doing some housecleaning on the website. It needed it. And obviously it still needs more work.
I noticed that too. Where did that come from?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
I just checked to OL and I still show "In Production", the automated Crack line says "In the paint shop" and the live Crack dealer said bein transported to the dock. Also the OL no shows no options. Weird. I'm just hoping to make the Undine on the 23rd.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
I just checked to OL and I still show "In Production", the automated Crack line says "In the paint shop" and the live Crack dealer said bein transported to the dock. Also the OL no shows no options. Weird. I'm just hoping to make the Undine on the 23rd.
Draik - We must have been cruising through production together. I got the same exact information from the same three sources this morning. Ahoy ship mate! Congrats to you.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 AM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
:(

I've been sitting at the dock since the 16th, and still no update on shipping...
:-(

Old 09-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Took a hit!!! I'm at the port of exit! {{{Happy Dance}}}}

Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 AM
MrPinkFloyd
2nd Gear
well, i guess i'm week 38!

it turns out my MA has been completely useless since I put down my deposit on July 2nd. It took over two months just to get a production number on my 09 JCW hardtop (of course he told me it should be delivered in about 2 months from the date of my deposit).

since my MA still has not returned my messages, i just found out from ASK MINI that my car was born on Sep. 19th and is now at port waiting to jump on a ship headed to the states. while i have been extremely disappointed by the level of customer service I have received up to this point, i still can't wait for Phineas to arrive.

i also can't wait to write letters to the manager and owner of the dealership to let them know how disappointed I've been with my (lack of) communication from my MA.

Last edited by MrPinkFloyd; 09-22-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: misspelled "deposit"
Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TyCrox07
I've been sitting at the dock since the 16th, and still no update on shipping...

I have been too. Thinking I should get on the Undine or the Sierra Nevada. My MA confirmed this morning that I am still waiting at port & not on a K-Line yet. Hang in there. We'll get on a vessel soon!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Otra
6th Gear
TyCrox, I'm wondering what's up for you. Hoping you can get that # of yours to pull up some information soon!

Happy sailing to the rest... Time to go check those shipping schedules.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:31 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
I just check the WW tacking site and it showed my Mini was booked on the Undine. It finished production on 9/19 and the AskMini crackline has been saying that it was released to a transport awaiting shipment to port of exit.
The Vin # on the WW site was showing "Not Found" even this mornibg so it just changed within the last couple of hours. Not that I've been checking much

Is anyone else booked on the Undine?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:38 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Patriot Call Sign

Does anybody know what the call sign for the Patriot is? I e-mailed the WW Line and didn't get an answer. I want to be sure I'm tracking the right boat. Thanks.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:46 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TyCrox07
Originally Posted by mesomini
I have been too. Thinking I should get on the Undine or the Sierra Nevada. My MA confirmed this morning that I am still waiting at port & not on a K-Line yet. Hang in there. We'll get on a vessel soon!
Do either of you have your port of arrival? I'm week 37 and have been sittin at the dock since the 15th with no word either. Can't get any info from crack pipe, OL or MA.

I was at my wits end this morning and called the K Line to see if there was any way to find out if I might be on the Southern Hwy which left Friday evening... My vin did turn up (happy dance!)but she wouldn't confirm definitively... some crap that BMW ships in bulk and I need to call them... the number she gave me was a wrong number

My port of arrival is Charleston. If you guys are in any of the mid west states and have been sitting at the port since early last week, its very likely you may be on the Southern Highway too. The Caribbean Hwy consisted of almost exclusively mid west states who had Charleston as port arrival (PA, OH, IL, MO etc)

Old 09-22-2008, 10:51 AM
msport
2nd Gear
It can take upto 14 days after arrival at the port to catch an outbound vessel depending on final destination

Old 09-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Mine was also released to transport, and I've got my fingers cross what I'll make the Undine and I know DooBahDoo is hoping the same! I keep checking to see if I've been book on board or not, but so far no luck.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:15 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
According to my MA there was quite a backlog created with the last of the 08's that were on order and the 09 production start-up week 36 so hopefully none of us will have to sit for more than a few days. I hope my car locks bumpers with Draik's and gets on the next boat to Charleston! Good luck to everyone! We're almost in the driver's seat, sniffing that new car smell and leaving the crackpipe behind.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 AM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OL is down for me too Jen, has been since last night some time.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
Do either of you have your port of arrival? I'm week 37 and have been sittin at the dock since the 15th with no word either. Can't get any info from crack pipe, OL or MA.
My port is Charleston too...so maybe you are right! I was hoping for the Southern Hwy, but after my MA said I was still at port, I nixed that thought & was onto the next vessels. I know it will get on one soon. Thanks for the info!

Old 09-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Bruce Banner
2nd Gear
Oh yea, Adele is hangin in South Hampton chilling for her ride to pick her up. She got there on Sunday. Now the wait for her to get all the way over to Port Heuneme. Thats going to be a while sheesh. That would be one boat i wouldnt mind being on. I bet they are going to have some crazy parties. Hope she doesnt get too fat from all the beer. Just I will just have to give her some good workouts when we meet.

Cheers

Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mesomini
My port is Charleston too...so maybe you are right! I was hoping for the Southern Hwy, but after my MA said I was still at port, I nixed that thought & was onto the next vessels. I know it will get on one soon. Thanks for the info!
Hey mesomini... hopefully I'm not giving both of us false hopes but if you jump on the Caribbean Hwy thread you will see what I mean about where most everyone is from and a few posts from me. Wizeguy9999 is also from K.C. too and he experienced exactly what you and I are experiencing- no feedback, like we fell into a black hole! MA's kept telling everyone they didn't have an update, WW kept saying the same ole thing (no tracking info blah, blah, blah) but yet a big old ship took of with a belly full of mini's... some of us had to be on there, right? Well it turns out after about a week, lots of week 37 er's turned out to be on the Caribbean Hwy. It just takes some time for the details to make it to the dealership which is the only way to get confirmation. Let's keep our fingers crossed... I think I may start a thread for all aboard the Southern Hwy soon!

Old 09-22-2008, 12:13 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Hey mesomini... hopefully I'm not giving both of us false hopes but if you jump on the Caribbean Hwy thread you will see what I mean about where most everyone is from and a few posts from me. Wizeguy9999 is also from K.C. too and he experienced exactly what you and I are experiencing- no feedback, like we fell into a black hole! MA's kept telling everyone they didn't have an update, WW kept saying the same ole thing (no tracking info blah, blah, blah) but yet a big old ship took of with a belly full of mini's... some of us had to be on there, right? Well it turns out after about a week, lots of week 37 er's turned out to be on the Caribbean Hwy. It just takes some time for the details to make it to the dealership which is the only way to get confirmation. Let's keep our fingers crossed... I think I may start a thread for all aboard the Southern Hwy soon!
OH I am in KC and am in the same situation as you it sounds, no info. I would be overjoyed to be on the Southern Highway. Not only would it dock in Charleston on Oct. 2, but I don't have to stress and check the WW site every 5 min! Let me know what you find out and I will hope for this scenario!!

Old 09-22-2008, 12:14 PM
mesomini
1st Gear
Hey mesomini... hopefully I'm not giving both of us false hopes but if you jump on the Caribbean Hwy thread you will see what I mean

I am on your wave length now. Thanks for pointing me to that thread. I am in total agreement (for what its worth ) with you. Must be saving the best for last, te he he

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group