1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bfrance
Great News!!!

I just got an e-mail from my MA and I'm on the Southern Highway through K-Line!!!!! Estimated arrival date is 10/2 0r 10/3 in South Carolina!!!!!!

-Ben
Oh man that is awesome! Where are you located? I have heard that this is the ship that has a lot of midwest cars? I just emailed my MA and asked him if I was on that boat, hopefully he will tell me that I am.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:18 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
Thanks for the links Paul. Just checked and the Undine is coming out of the channel and is due in port at 5am tomorrow. I am currently launching my own personal DoS attack on the W&W cargo tracking site hoping for some good news.
Draikonius, keep me posted if you hear anything. My MA is out of the office and the OL is still messed up...shows "production scheduled" but crackpipe as of yesterday had me at port with you. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Oh man that is awesome! Where are you located? I have heard that this is the ship that has a lot of midwest cars? I just emailed my MA and asked him if I was on that boat, hopefully he will tell me that I am.
I'm midwest, NE Kansas. Ordered from Baron Mini, my MA was Liz Highman.

-Ben

Old 09-23-2008, 09:52 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
I'm midwest, NE Kansas. Ordered from Baron Mini, my MA was Liz Highman.

Glad to hear your good news! Hoping mine is with yours. Ordered from Baron as well, my MA is Aaron.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mesomini
Glad to hear your good news! Hoping mine is with yours. Ordered from Baron as well, my MA is Aaron.
You should call Aaron and have him check it for you. My status must have just updated overnight. As of yesterday afternoon, I wasn't showing this info.

-Ben

Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
You should call Aaron and have him check it for you. My status must have just updated overnight. As of yesterday afternoon, I wasn't showing this info.

-Ben
Hey Guys. I ordered from Baron too! Aaron is the MA that was being so rude to me! I email Ric the Sales Manager today and he told me that I am not assigned to a boat yet and that the Regional Manager told him that they were waiting on more boats to get to Southampton, he even went as far as sending me a screenshot of his status application that showed no boat assigned...I was telling myself that I was probably still on the Southern Highway and maybe he didn't have the update yet, but it looks like that may not be the case now...this sucks. Maybe I am on the Sierra Nevada otherwise I won't see my car until the end of October....dang it.

Last edited by jakeryanitc; 09-23-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 AM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
Congrats!
I'm still not booked for the Undine, so I dunno, I guess I'm optimistic that I have already set sail....

Old 09-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Perhaps the Fedora will come to your rescue?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:54 AM
tintman718
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jumboshrimp
Well it seems Lola has been found! She got bumped off the Don Quijote but made it onto the Patriot and is a bit less than halfway across the Atlantic as we speak!! They had me really nervous over the weekend with the whole "returned to shipper" thing....I feel better knowing she is on a ship!
Yea, I saw the same message over the weekend and was really scared something bad happened. The Patriot is scheduled to arrive on the 29th. Any idea how long the wait is after that? I'm picking up in Long Island.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:13 PM
IzzyG
6th Gear
:sigh: I hate being out of the loop and not knowing where my Clubbie is. :( I called my MA yesterday to fax my purchase agreement and asked its location and he said on the docks waiting. Don't wanna bother him again today just to see if I got onto the K-line ship. >.< How often are you guys calling your MA's?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:36 PM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Hey Guys. I ordered from Baron too! Aaron is the MA that was being so rude to me! I email Ric the Sales Manager today and he told me that I am not assigned to a boat yet and that the Regional Manager told him that they were waiting on more boats to get to Southampton, he even went as far as sending me a screenshot of his status application that showed no boat assigned...I was telling myself that I was probably still on the Southern Highway and maybe he didn't have the update yet, but it looks like that may not be the case now...this sucks. Maybe I am on the Sierra Nevada otherwise I won't see my car until the end of October....dang it.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll make the next ship!

-Ben

Old 09-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Otra
6th Gear
tintman, in my experience - living in the same vicinity as you - it has been anywhere from a week to 10 days usually after the VDC until it gets to the dealer. This is, of course, barring any issues that need to be dealt with. I think the Tracking sticky goes into some of this, as well.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:25 PM
mesomini
1st Gear

I'm so sorry about your experience with Aaron. I really haven't had a problem with him, but I really haven't made much contact with him. When I ordered back in June, I knew the wait period was going to be 3+ months for my MCCS to even begin production..... I know he is new to Baron Mini, he came over from Volks.....maybe its trying to learn the ropes...

On a brighter note, we'll get on a ship soon, pick up our babies & be off motoring before we know it!!!

-Misti

Old 09-23-2008, 02:01 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Says I am at the PORT waiting for a Shipping Vessel. How long did you guys sit at the dock before you boarded a ship? Doesn't come up with me on a ship yet with the tracking site? I see the UNDINE is leaving today 23rd at 19:00 hours. Hopefully I am on that one, or I will have to wait for FEDORA leaving the 30th. Do you really think they can get me onto UNDINE after only being at the dock for a day? Hopefully because gets me to Char, SC a week earlier! One more question, has anyone gone from the Char, SC to Houston and know how long it takes for my car to get there?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:04 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
The mini site is still funky? Doesn't seem like it is updating at all, I noticed all my details for my car are gone. I also noticed they will not let you auto-enter the info into your login, you have to manually do it and then click signin. I also noticed that when you click the link to check your mini progress, it has a popup window now. I think this is all to prevent the widget from working that someone came up with and creating webclips to check your progress all the time. They must have been getting way overloaded with sever activity. Just my thoughts, thanks for all your posts, keeps me sane waiting on my mini!

Old 09-23-2008, 02:08 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
I'm on Southern Highway!!! My MA just called me!
Tucker is getting so close!!!

Old 09-23-2008, 02:47 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear

This is what the dealer emailed me, it does say in transit, just shows no boat yet, maybe this means I am on a boat and it isnt updated yet...

Old 09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
Says I am at the PORT waiting for a Shipping Vessel. How long did you guys sit at the dock before you boarded a ship? Doesn't come up with me on a ship yet with the tracking site? I see the UNDINE is leaving today 23rd at 19:00 hours. Hopefully I am on that one, or I will have to wait for FEDORA leaving the 30th. Do you really think they can get me onto UNDINE after only being at the dock for a day? Hopefully because gets me to Char, SC a week earlier! One more question, has anyone gone from the Char, SC to Houston and know how long it takes for my car to get there?
I think I arrived at the dock on 9/17 or 9/18, and left port on 9/19/ or 9/20, so it was pretty quick for mine.

If you're talking about the WW tracking site where you enter in the VIN, then you may be on a K-line vessel instead. If you're talking about the Mini usa site, then I'd recommend calling your MA. As of today, it still shows that my car is awaiting shipment at the port, but my MA was able to confirm it is on its way across the big blue.

I'd give your MA a call and see what they know.

-Ben

Old 09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Rieux
1st Gear
Wow! I arrived at port on the 20th and apparently made the Patriot the SAME DAY! Finally showed up on the WW tracker. That means that I arrive in NY on the 29th!

I am amazed at how fast this has been.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:10 PM
loud9266
2nd Gear
ive been in qc since thurs ....so im assuming im waiting with you guys at the port
my ma has been un responsive and the ol says ive got a 4 door sedan LOL
if thats so bring it i'll have a funky brg mini .

going nuts waiting atleast when it was in production it was trackable.

brg cooper s body color roof,factory aero kit white signals black sport stripes amd the 16" bridge spokes.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
OceanMini
1st Gear
I'm on the MEDEA which is out to sea at the moment. The build was completed on 9/17, and it took a couple of days for it to be quality checked and then sent down to the dock. The MEDEA left on 9/21, so I'd say it sat at the dock only about one day before it was loaded on the ship.

Sandy
2009 MCCS, SS/BK, premium, and other stuff

Old 09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
DooBahDoo, I keep checking for cargo info with no luck. I will contact my MA tomorrow and see if he has any news and let you know.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:36 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
DooBahDoo, I keep checking for cargo info with no luck. I will contact my MA tomorrow and see if he has any news and let you know.
Thank you SO much. I sincerely appreciate you sharing anything you learn. My MA is out this week. Hopefully we're going to be crossing the pond very very soon.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Well, I'm getting a giant nothing on the WW site, too. Still hoping he made the Undine with friends, but if he's still sitting on the dock, being the friendly soul that I know he is, he will make new friends, I guess. <sniff>

Old 09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Has anyone gotten confirmation they got on the Undine? I see it left port, hopefully with my mini on it.

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group