1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 03:01 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
Has anyone gotten confirmation they got on the Undine? I see it left port, hopefully with my mini on it.
I completed production on the 19th and on the 22nd the WW site showed the VIN# was booked on the Undine. On the 23rd it showed it had been loaded on the boat. There must be other people in this group that are on this boat.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Did anybody else order from MINI of Dallas?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:56 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Anyone hear anything today? My MA hasn't returned my call- so I *still* don't know if MochaLatte is in the nursery or lounging on the Lido... (always wondered what LOL meant, guess I now know-jk...)

I have found out, for any Nashville area members (uh, DooBahDoo) that there is going to be a MINI lunch in Brentwood. More info here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...=1#post2481579

TTFN-
V

Old 09-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Nothing here either. I emailed my MA, but have not heard back from him.

Last edited by Draikonius; 09-24-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:21 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I got someone at K-line to try and find my car on the Southern Highway, she looked through some 1,300 VINs and didn't find my car. I am hoping she is now checking the Sierra Nevada for my ride. waiting on another email from her.

I can't believe I am not on a boat yet. My car was done last week! Grrrrr. (imagine that angry and not Tony the Tiger like)

Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Well, POOH!
I was so hoping that one of y'all had heard something- There's at least 5 of us coming into Charleston, right? I'm about to crawl outta my skin.
<breathe... mantra... ohhhhhhhhmmmmmm myclubmaniscoming ohhhhhmmmmm..... breathe>

Old 09-24-2008, 01:48 PM
IzzyG
6th Gear
I'm coming into Charleston too but not sure if I'm on the ship. :/

Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 PM
kjrhammer
1st Gear
I'm also headed for Charleston. My Clubman was completed 9/19 or 9/20, but I haven't heard anything about what ship it'll be on. My MA says to expect it in 3 weeks but a rep from AskMINI said 4-5 weeks. I ordered from the Schaumburg, Illinois dealer.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:59 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Charleston

Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Well, POOH!
I was so hoping that one of y'all had heard something- There's at least 5 of us coming into Charleston, right? I'm about to crawl outta my skin.
<breathe... mantra... ohhhhhhhhmmmmmm myclubmaniscoming ohhhhhmmmmm..... breathe>
I am Charleston too, would have liked to get onto the Sierra Nevada Highway or the Undine but not that lucky. Looks like the next ship as far as I can tell isn't until the 30th via Fedora. By then we should be at the front of the line to get on the ship. Let me know if you see any other ships that I am not seeing.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Otra
6th Gear
The Fedora is a good ship, and I believe mine will be on it, as well.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:15 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Spoke to my MA this afternoon and I'm still dock-side with you guys and will share the voyage to the VDC with you guys. I was reading some of the week 36 posts and those guys seem to be having difficulty getting their cars released from the VDC to their dealers. Some speculate that there is an issue with EPA tests but that doesn't make sense since it is a continuing model and not a redesign new launch. I hope all the bugs are worked out and our MINIs arrive safely with sun on their bonnet and a gentle wind on their boot. Good luck everyone! Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:17 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Well folks - I heard from my MA today. Poor kid, he's getting married in early October, in Jamaica! So he's been really busy trying to get the paper work put together so the other MA's can take care of everything... seeing as there are a BUNCH of MINI's supposed to be arriving in Mid October at MINI of Nashville...
Anyway, he told me he'd tried to find out if MochaLatte was on a ship yet- and there's no information. So back to chewing on my nails and pulling my hair out in chunks- especially since Nashville is having a gas/fuel shortage- and now most of the South is having a fuel shortage...
If anyone else hears anything, or sees MochaLatte with her thumb out (?!) trying to hitch a ride, please tell me. She's not supposed to be hitching... tch tch tch.

Vivi

Old 09-24-2008, 06:23 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Spoke to my MA this afternoon and I'm still dock-side with you guys and will share the voyage to the VDC with you guys. I was reading some of the week 36 posts and those guys seem to be having difficulty getting their cars released from the VDC to their dealers. Some speculate that there is an issue with EPA tests but that doesn't make sense since it is a continuing model and not a redesign new launch. I hope all the bugs are worked out and our MINIs arrive safely with sun on their bonnet and a gentle wind on their boot. Good luck everyone! Keep us posted if you hear anything.
Howdy Neighbor!
I've been reading about the problems getting the cars released by VDC as well- it seems to only be 2009's and doesn't seem to effect JCW's. One report, as of today, says that BMW is not allowing them to be released until the official 2009 press release has been issued. Hmmm.... sounds a bit sketchy to me.
Guess all we can do is sit back and speculate on what's going on. I'm not sure what's worse, being on the other side of the pond waiting for a ride over, or being on this side of the pond but not allowed out of VDC. I think the latter would make me NUTZ!
(breathe...ohhhhhmmmmmyminiiscomingohhhhhhmmmmmm.. . breathe)
Vivi

Really, the only person getting rich off this is my hairdresser!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Go check out the Clubman forum - there's a fellow who has posted photos of his '09 Clubman w/roof rails...the new factory installed ones. His MINI got out alive and is now in Rhode Island: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...33#post2482133

Old 09-24-2008, 06:32 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Vivi, I agree. I would rather my baby be in England where I can't get to it than right over in Charleston. We don't need any temptation, or temptation for you & I to roadtrip there in my truck with the car-hauler...bust yours out, bust mine out & put it in the trailer and then drive back...laughing all the way!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:43 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Vivi, I agree. I would rather my baby be in England where I can't get to it than right over in Charleston. We don't need any temptation, or temptation for you & I to roadtrip there in my truck with the car-hauler...bust yours out, bust mine out & put it in the trailer and then drive back...laughing all the way!
Uh.. reminds me of a little busting out experience I had in College... Involved one impounded car, one cute girl, her boyfriend and me in the get away truck!

OH we could really cause some trouble, DooBahDoo! And I can drive a truck hauling a trailer too (at least a tag along- been *dying* to get a gooseneck)

giggle- V

Old 09-24-2008, 06:47 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Uh.. reminds me of a little busting out experience I had in College... Involved one impounded car, one cute girl, her boyfriend and me in the get away truck!

OH we could really cause some trouble, DooBahDoo! And I can drive a truck hauling a trailer too (at least a tag along- been *dying* to get a gooseneck)

giggle- V
Me & Vivi = Double-trouble!
Don't make us open this...

Old 09-25-2008, 05:35 AM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
In Transit

It finally says IN TRANSIT on 866 line. Website still in production though? The website sucks now, no updates at all??? The problem is, I don't see what boat it is on??? Doesn't show on the WW site either, must be on a Kline but I ddin't see one was going to be in port for a while. Maybe my Mini just started to swim, hope he is as good as Michael Phelps!!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 05:51 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi JBMJBM-
First... BREATHE! (I also start mumbling a mantra... ohhhmmmmyminiscomingohhhhhmmmm. Seems to help- either that or I'm crazy!)
If you go to page 13 of this thread, about half way down there is a link for the WW line. If you click it, you'll get an error page and a link, which you need to click. Then go to CARGO (somewhere on the right side of the newest page that comes up) and then to AUTO. You'll eventually get to a webpage that will ask you for your AUTO ID. This is your VIN (without spaces). Plug it in. IF you are on WW, you will get some info such as which boat. IF not, you'll get a message stating that your id is not found (something like that). In which case you can guess you're on K-Line.

There's also a stickey in the "First Gear" area of the forum that explains how to track your MINI.

And last but not least, you can call your MA and see if he/she has any information. Unfortunately, MINE does not... yet.

I'm assuming if you can't find out anything and your MINI arrives unharmed, he's going to be named "Phelps" or "Michael" ???

Best of luck and PLEASE let us know if you find anything out. Those of us who are still in the nursery awaiting a ride (which seems to be the Charleston Crowd) are dying for *any* info, even if it's someone elses.

Vivi

Old 09-25-2008, 05:53 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
[quote=DooBahDoo;2482194]Me & Vivi = Double-trouble!
Don't make us open this...[/quote

Don't'cha know it! OH and btw, I have some heavy duty bolt cutters, d'ya think we might need them? and maybe some dog treats with a special something in them... Nite Nite German Shepherd (giggle)...

Old 09-25-2008, 05:59 AM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Hello

Hi JBMJBM-
First... BREATHE! (I also start mumbling a mantra... ohhhmmmmyminiscomingohhhhhmmmm. Seems to help- either that or I'm crazy!)
If you go to page 13 of this thread, about half way down there is a link for the WW line. If you click it, you'll get an error page and a link, which you need to click. Then go to CARGO (somewhere on the right side of the newest page that comes up) and then to AUTO. You'll eventually get to a webpage that will ask you for your AUTO ID. This is your VIN (without spaces). Plug it in. IF you are on WW, you will get some info such as which boat. IF not, you'll get a message stating that your id is not found (something like that). In which case you can guess you're on K-Line.

There's also a stickey in the "First Gear" area of the forum that explains how to track your MINI.

And last but not least, you can call your MA and see if he/she has any information. Unfortunately, MINE does not... yet.

I'm assuming if you can't find out anything and your MINI arrives unharmed, he's going to be named "Phelps" or "Michael" ???

Best of luck and PLEASE let us know if you find anything out. Those of us who are still in the nursery awaiting a ride (which seems to be the Charleston Crowd) are dying for *any* info, even if it's someone elses.

Vivi
~~~~~~

Yes I know how to check with the vin, if you actually read my post I said I had checked the WW site and it didn't come up with anything, so it must be on the not trackable Kline. But thanks for the reply hope all is well with your mini.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:15 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
It finally says IN TRANSIT on 866 line. Website still in production though? The website sucks now, no updates at all??? The problem is, I don't see what boat it is on??? Doesn't show on the WW site either, must be on a Kline but I ddin't see one was going to be in port for a while. Maybe my Mini just started to swim, hope he is as good as Michael Phelps!!!!
JBM- when did your Mini arrive at port? The Southern Hwy via K Line left on 9/20 and Sierra Nevada left on 9/23. If you know you are in transit, you've got to be on one or the other.

Have you tried contacting your MA? That was how I eventually got confirmation that I was on SH. When I spoke with one of the pushers on the the crack pipe line, they confirmed that I was in transit. I then prodded her into WHEN I went into transit. She confirmed that it was on 9/20. I followed up with my MA and he did have the info in his system that, in fact, my little guy was on SH. It seems I'm one of the lucky ones with getting confirmation via KLine. Many of us on Caribbean Hwy and Southern Hwy had to determine this through deductive reasoning.

Good luck and I hope you find something out soon... at least you know you are making headway on some ship out there!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:19 AM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
In Port

Originally Posted by kellypgh
JBM- when did your Mini arrive at port? The Southern Hwy via K Line left on 9/20 and Sierra Nevada left on 9/23. If you know you are in transit, you've got to be on one or the other.

Have you tried contacting your MA? That was how I eventually got confirmation that I was on SH. When I spoke with one of the pushers on the the crack pipe line, they confirmed that I was in transit. I then prodded her into WHEN I went into transit. She confirmed that it was on 9/20. I followed up with my MA and he did have the info in his system that, in fact, my little guy was on SH. It seems I'm one of the lucky ones with getting confirmation via KLine. Many of us on Caribbean Hwy and Southern Hwy had to determine this through deductive reasoning.

Good luck and I hope you find something out soon... at least you know you are making headway on some ship out there!
I have been in port since Monday the 22nd. I hoped I got on Sierra Nevada but haven't been able to confirm yet.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:57 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
~~~~~~

Yes I know how to check with the vin, if you actually read my post I said I had checked the WW site and it didn't come up with anything, so it must be on the not trackable Kline. But thanks for the reply hope all is well with your mini.

Sorry... actually DID read your post, but then got distracted by getting kids to school, DH to work, etc. My bad.
Best of luck-
Vivi

Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I have been in port since Monday the 22nd. I hoped I got on Sierra Nevada but haven't been able to confirm yet.
From what my MA has told me, and from reading other posts, sometimes the wait in port (South Hampton's Nursery) can be as long as 2 weeks. I know my car has been there since the 18th or 19th and I think there are some here that have been longer than that.
It's annoying, worse it's frustrating. But as DooBahDoo mentioned, it's probably better to be in Jolly Ol' England than to be stuck at the VDC stateside and not be allowed out. That's what's happened to a lot of 2009 vehicles in the week 36/37 groups. One poor guy actually lives something like 11 miles from his VDC, his car has been there for 2 weeks and he can't get it. He's showing amazing strength (and I think he's slowly going mad!)
Best of luck-

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group