1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:10 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
It finally says IN TRANSIT on 866 line. Website still in production though? The website sucks now, no updates at all??? The problem is, I don't see what boat it is on??? Doesn't show on the WW site either, must be on a Kline but I ddin't see one was going to be in port for a while. Maybe my Mini just started to swim, hope he is as good as Michael Phelps!!!!

JBM - Mine says In Transit as well, am I to assume that means it is In Transit, on a vessel, to the US? Not In Transit to the Port of Exit?

For the life of me, I cannot remember what the 866 line said on 9/16 when my baby was out of QC & on its way to the PoE. I think the 866 line has said In Transit maybe the last 2 days. I just kept hanging up thinking it was on its way to the PoE because it said that for so long. Can I get excited now? Think I'm loosing my mind!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:45 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I have just decided to pretend like my dealer is going to call me on the 4th and tell me come pick up my car!

Sadly is will probably be closer to the 24th at this rate...

Old 09-25-2008, 07:55 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I got the best news ever just now. I am on a boat! I made it on the Sierra Nevada due into Charleston on 10/9. I hope that means that I will will be driving by the the 14th or 15th!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:02 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
I got the best news ever just now. I am on a boat! I made it on the Sierra Nevada due into Charleston on 10/9. I hope that means that I will will be driving by the the 14th or 15th!!!

Congrats! I hope that means I'm on the same boat as you. My email is down right now. I'm hoping Aaron sent me a message with the same good news.

Wow, you think you'll be driving it by the 14th or 15th? 866 told me it takes approx 1 week from CH to get through VDC & then on a truck to KC. Then another couple of days at Baron to get it ready for you. I like your time frame better! Maybe I'll see you at Baron

Old 09-25-2008, 08:09 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Well according to the screens I have seen, 48hrs at the VDC (barring any damage during travel and assuming the EPA business is over. Plus I have no add-ons there) and 1-2 days on a truck to KC, and Samir said what I am adding will only take a day (ipod cord and tint) so I should be able to pick it up relatively shortly after it gets to Baron. Maybe it could be the 16th, but still that would add up to a week since it dropped at port on the 9th.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:18 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Rock On! I'm likin' your info.

I need to call Samir and go over my add on's. I'm just getting the sport stripes, hopefully that won't take too long.

Misti

Old 09-25-2008, 08:30 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mesomini
Maybe I'll see you at Baron
Man we have come so far that even being at the dealer sounds like a reality! How will I know it is you?

Old 09-25-2008, 08:34 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Dur...that's an easy one. I'll be the chic screaming her head off like an idiot running around my MINI in circles.....with my DH running to his car as fast as possible to get away from me an my [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']embarrassing [/FONT]antics...

Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Dur...that's an easy one. I'll be the chic screaming her head off like an idiot running around my MINI in circles.....with my DH running to his car as fast as possible to get away from me an my [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']embarrassing [/FONT]antics...
Haha. Well in your screaming and running circles as long as you don't step on my toes or scratch my new ride, I am all good!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:04 AM
rasputinj
4th Gear
This is the neat part of the Mini Cooper experience, I have never ordered a car from the factory and have been so excited to get our MCCS. At least HTClubman and I are not fully crazy since this site is full of people as addicted as we are.

We have friends who purchased a Prius, I do not sense the same excitement. Especially when they step on the gas and a snail can take it off the line. I know they will get better gas mileage. But the car reminds me of a Corolla with some type of really ugly body kit on it, trying to look like it is futuristic. The Prius makes me think they hired the people who used to design the ugly Subarus in the 80's and 90's.

I believe me spouse HTClubman will be very excited also when we get the MCCS, I do not think she will scream, if she does I know she will turn to me in the passenger seat (that means she will be driving not me) and will scream in my ear. Our excitement to pickup our car will require a 45 minute flight from LA to LV and a 3 night LV stay.

Now if I can just get into the VDC 20 minutes from our house when the vehicle arrives on 10/12 and take it home with me, would cut out the extra 10 days of waiting and anticipating, flight, hotel.... I am willing to send the check to LV, I would be saving them the cost of transport.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
DooBahDoo, just got an email from my MA. I'm at status 193, waiting for a ship. Looking at the schedules our best bet is either the Fedora (W&W) in Southampton on the 3rd, arriving Charleston on the 16th OR the Western Highway (K-Line) leaving Southampton on the 1st, arriving Charleston on the 14th.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 AM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For you Baron-MINI customers, I just got this information from my MA:

"Allow 4-5 days from Charleson SC to our dealership. (It will probably show up sooner but not all cars do)

2-3 days for PDI (pre-delivery inspection, detail and invisishield.)"

I'd say that the PDI depends on what dealer add-ons you are getting.

Man, I can't wait for my car to show up, it's driving me insane!!!!!

Last edited by bfrance; 09-25-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Missing info, I"m a grammar nazi.... :)
Old 09-25-2008, 11:29 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
yeah that sounds about right. I am planning on having it around the 15th so if it gets pushed to that weekend I am okay I guess.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:35 PM
mesomini
1st Gear
My email's back up and running & low & behold.....my MA says my MINI is on the Southern Highway!!! I'm sooooo excited. Just had to share. I'm practicing my MINI dance!

Old 09-25-2008, 05:43 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
DooBahDoo, just got an email from my MA. I'm at status 193, waiting for a ship. Looking at the schedules our best bet is either the Fedora (W&W) in Southampton on the 3rd, arriving Charleston on the 16th OR the Western Highway (K-Line) leaving Southampton on the 1st, arriving Charleston on the 14th.
Draik, thank you SO much! I hope we make one of those two boats. It's been a long wait but it's well worth it for sure. Thanks again and if I hear anything I'll let you know too. Good luck!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
And my MA is leaving the county for a couple of weeks, so no news for me.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:14 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
An update for any week 38ers aboard the Don Quijote -

She has just docked at the Eastern Auto Terminal in Halifax Harbor. Looks like she beat the weather to port. The Halifax site shows her scheduled to be in port for about 12 hours, leaving at abt 9:30 local time this evening headed to NY. We will have to see if the weather changes her plans. At least she's on the right (correct) side of the pond now.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Well MA confirmed that I'm not on the ships that left port on the 23rd for Charleston, SC. Hoping to make the Oct 1st ship-or I'll be really agitated. Been sitting since the 19th. :( How long before the ship arrives does WW come up with booking confirmation? I've checked WW daily but no information is coming up. I'm guessing it'll be up as the ship gets closer to Southampton?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Otra
6th Gear
I think your next ship will be the Fedora http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF. Yup, no point in checking until the ship is in port and is loading up.

At least you're on the East coast, as opposed to some who are waiting.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
guyver423
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone on the ISOLDE?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Just found out MochaLatte is on the Sierra Nevada Highway- Left port on 9/23... expected arrival in Charleston 10/10/08... To me the next week?!?
OMG... Too KEWL!

Old 09-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Merde. Nothing. Oh well, the more the days pass, the closer it will be no matter how much I stew over it.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:23 PM
kh7085
Neutral
I just call ASk MINI and my car is in transit but no information on WW website
I think it is on K line Sierra Nevada Highway Left port on 9/23 , OL still no update

Old 09-26-2008, 07:01 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
I AM REALLY GETTING TIRED OF THE MINI 866 LINE. I CAN CALL AND IT SAYS I AM SITTING ON THE PORT WAITING FOR A SHIP & THEN I CAN CALL BACK LATER THAT DAY IT SAYS I AM IN TRANSIT? I CAN CALL BACK 5 MINUTES LATER AND IT MIGHT SAY ONE OF THOSE TWO THINGS? ANYBODY ELSE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS WITH THE 866 LINE???

Old 09-26-2008, 09:06 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
JBMJBM - not exactly but i noticed the status reported through Owner's Lounge lags a few days behind the actual status.

I quit using the automated 866 line and talk to a live person. I think you will get more accurate info from them.

Steve

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group