1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm afraid that I don't know how the whole shipping line decision works with these cars and I don't think it's explained in that wonderful sticky about tracking... Maybe I'll go back and reread tomorrow. I have always assumed that it had to do with the ultimate destination, but that may not be it at all.

Maybe check back in to the WW line before you hit the hay, if you can't wait until tomorrow.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:17 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Could everyone on this thread update their profiles to include a general location so we can has some idea of our schedules in relation to location.

for example , my Location is Mission, KS. If I know my car takes 2 days from port to dealer (I don't know that for sure unfortunately) , then someone else in my area can assume that as well by looking at my location in the upper right corner there.

Just a suggestion! I won't come to your house or anything! Unless you invite me for dinner or something
done... but I think it takes longer than 2 days from port to dealer... and there's some time at the port to go thru customs... My MA mentioned that it could take 5 days to get from the port in Charleston to Nashville- which is approximately 550 miles away. But that includes customs, etc.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Just an update for you west coasters the Isolde has left Southampton and for us east coasters the Tampere is pulling into port. Let the tracking resume!

Old 09-29-2008, 04:51 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Patriot is docked in NYC. My MA says i should have my MINI around Oct 10.!!

Old 09-29-2008, 07:25 PM
tintman718
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gaffer
tintman, how did you find out the Patriot has docked other than the scheduled arrival date? The last position I could find was on Saturday off of the Gulf of Maine. I hope they missed the storm and the ride wasn't too rough! They're supposed to arrive in Charleston on the fourth.
On the WW auto cargo tracking page, click on the voyage code. (it's highlighted blue)

Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Who else from our week is sitting dockside in England with me & Draik? I'm crossing fingers that we all get on the Fedora tomorrow.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:21 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
signcarver, I was also on the Patriot and according to my tracking I was discharged off the ship at 8 am yesterday. Depending on the speed through the VDC, I may get to pick her up on Saturday 10/4. My dealer is quite close to the VDC, so transport won't take long, and no dealer options to install....I'm keeping my fingers crossed! We are all in the final legs guys! I'll keep my fingers crossed for those still on the dock waiting for a ship...I know it is hard but the waiting is almost over.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:34 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congratulations JumboShrimp! Looks like you're going to have a GREAT weekend. Savor the moment.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Jumbo, I hope it works out for you this weekend. If not, I'm sure it will be very soon afterwards. It's always sort of up in the air once they hit the VDC, but perhaps concentrated mojo or positive vibes will help!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:54 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
UGH...even if the car is ready by Saturday, my loan is going to take a little more time to process because they have to have a copy of the actual sticker from the car window which has the EPA info listed since we are getting a special high MPG loan rate. Since the sticker is on the car and the car isn't at the dealership yet, I am thinking all the planets have to align perfectly for this to happen on Saturday. Looks like we are now shooting for Tues. or Wed. of next week. The only way Saturday can happen is if the car gets to my dealer by tomorrow and we fed-ex everything back and forth with overnight am delivery....not likely. I know it is just a few more days but man, I sure was hoping for a hail mary pass....

Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
I'm still sitting, Doobahdoo. Sniff

Old 09-30-2008, 09:25 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
done... but I think it takes longer than 2 days from port to dealer... and there's some time at the port to go thru customs... My MA mentioned that it could take 5 days to get from the port in Charleston to Nashville- which is approximately 550 miles away. But that includes customs, etc.
Yeah I wasn't counting customs and VDC checks in that made up estimate

Hey all you guys that ordered from Baron, minus the 2 days at the VDC, how long do you think it takes to drive over to the dealer? Has anyone ordered from them before?

Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Hey all you guys that ordered from Baron, minus the 2 days at the VDC, how long do you think it takes to drive over to the dealer? Has anyone ordered from them before?

Haven't ordered from them before. I'm thinking 3-4 days, but allowing a full week. I'm sure I'm over-estimating, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised on an earlier arrival than over-anxious.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:21 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Liz at Baron told me that it has been 3-4 days lately. My ship is now a day late so the earliest I can imagine my car getting to me is by 10-18-08.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
The OL now says Duncan is awaiting transport. I suppose that's something.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Yes, that is something considering Duncan has probably already hit the port. Remember, the OL is always behind reality - so that is good. Have you checked the WW site w/Duncan's VIN# yet?

P.S. Jumbo, that's great about the "high mpg rate" and also quite interesting. Hang in there!

Old 09-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Bridger42
1st Gear
My first post

This is my first post here, although I've been painfully addicted to this whole process. Seems my baby is hanging out at the port with a few other future proud parents. I swear they actually have the car at the dealer and are just playing with us .

I was actually in England the week "Jackson" in production. I ALMOST detoured to the plant to make sure they were taking care. Don't suppose there's anyone else impatiently waiting in Houston?

Cheers,

2009 Black on Black Clubman YESSSSS! Decked out.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Duncan has been sitting at the dock since Monday last week (the 22nd), Otra. That's why I'm so frustrated.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Rieux
1st Gear
So, Nigel was offloaded from the Patriot yesterday morning. Still have not heard from my MA. In fact, when I contacted him 2 weeks ago to ask to have them start talking to my lender, he said it was too early and that it only takes a short time to deal with the lender. At what point should I harass him again? I assume that he needs to start talking to the lender soon, no?

I like my MA, but his lax attitude to communication and financing kind of freaks me out. I figure that if the car is in NY, it will be ready for pick up in Annapolis pretty soon, no?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Oh, gee, so sorry. Hmm. The only thing that seems to make sense is that he's going to be on the K line then, right? I'm sorry for you and don't blame you for being frustrated. That's the weird thing about all this tracking stuff...it can be exciting but it can also make the anxiety quotient go way up...and make even the most laid back among us a bit obsessive compulsive.

Bridger42, glad you finally anted up and posted. Black on Black will be stunning , I've no doubt. I know there has been at least one Black MCC on the board - with photos - but I think it had a Silver roof and pillars.:

Old 09-30-2008, 04:07 PM
loud9266
2nd Gear
shes state side

my ma tells me my mini will be here in a week and a half
ol says she ready for production
ask mini says shes waitin for a vessle,

hope my ma is the correct one

mcs brg with brg roof, factory aero kit black sport stripes 17" rims woo hoo

Old 09-30-2008, 04:41 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
The OL now says Duncan is awaiting transport. I suppose that's something.
Jen, Draik, & all my fellow left-behinders...keep positive thoughts and see those MINI's rolling onto the ship tonight while you sleep. Stay positive...we're going to be cruising across the pond tomorrow!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
DooBahDoo, Jen and all the rest of the crew sitting around waiting, I think I have offically lost my mind (not hard when you're are dealing with items that small). I have been tracking the Fedora which is now due in Southamptom @ 5:00 local. I kkep checking the cargo tracking site, but so far, nothing. The real problem is Naz has his eye on a cute little Clubman he's been following thru production........

Last edited by Draikonius; 09-30-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 09-30-2008, 05:17 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
DooBahDoo, Jen and all the rest of the crew sitting around waiting, I think I have offically lost my mind (not hard when you're are dealing with items that small). I have been tracking the Fedora which is now due in Southamptom @ 5:00 local. I kkep checking the cargo tracking site, but so far, nothing. The real problem is Naz has his eye on a cute little Clubman he's been following thru production........
Do we know the clubman you're speaking of? Tel Naz to roll up the plank two by two...like the ark. They can find a lifeboat to stow away in and have a little MINI fun on the way across the pond. Awww yeah!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:39 PM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Nothing so far on WW site. -sigh-

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group