1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:57 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y'all that are sitting on the dock of the bay may actually be in better shape than those of us who are rocking and rolling in the choppy Atlantic. I haven't been able to pinpoint the Sierra Nevada Highway (call sign: 3EIO4) as it isn't checking in, but Hurricane Laura is sitting off Nova Scotia in the North Atlantic... boo hiss...
Ladies and Gentlemen, please put on your life vests, it's going to get a bit bumpy. Barf bags are found in the seat pocket in front of you...

Old 09-30-2008, 06:07 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
y'all that are sitting on the dock of the bay may actually be in better shape than those of us who are rocking and rolling in the choppy Atlantic. I haven't been able to pinpoint the Sierra Nevada Highway (call sign: 3EIO4) as it isn't checking in, but Hurricane Laura is sitting off Nova Scotia in the North Atlantic... boo hiss...
Ladies and Gentlemen, please put on your life vests, it's going to get a bit bumpy. Barf bags are found in the seat pocket in front of you...
Vivi, you guys are rocking and rolling and we're sitting dockside getting dust in our rims. It's the last time my MINI gets left in the dust...that's for sure.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:19 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
WW Site

Originally Posted by Draikonius
DooBahDoo, Jen and all the rest of the crew sitting around waiting, I think I have offically lost my mind (not hard when you're are dealing with items that small). I have been tracking the Fedora which is now due in Southamptom @ 5:00 local. I kkep checking the cargo tracking site, but so far, nothing. The real problem is Naz has his eye on a cute little Clubman he's been following thru production........
I have been sitting on the dock since the 22nd as well as a few of you all have. Do you have any info pulling up on the WW tracking site yet? It still says no info found for me. I hope I get on the Fedora???

Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Vivi, you guys are rocking and rolling and we're sitting dockside getting dust in our rims. It's the last time my MINI gets left in the dust...that's for sure.
Well, kiddo, unless we get some rain really soon, there's going to be lots of dust... but I hope to let other's eat mine

You ok? Hope this wait isn't making you crazy-

Old 09-30-2008, 06:45 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
I have been sitting on the dock since the 22nd as well as a few of you all have. Do you have any info pulling up on the WW tracking site yet? It still says no info found for me. I hope I get on the Fedora???
JBM...same status here...been sitting since the 22nd as well. I think you, Draik, and I are the final four and I think we're all still getting mixed info. I gave up on the MOL site when my order details went blank and I get NO satisfaction on the 2wglobal site yet. I'm not sure how long it takes for the cargo manifest to get updated. I was hoping to see something today. I'm going nuts (didn't have to travel far). Hang in there! We're all in the same boat (Fedora I hope).

Old 09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Well, kiddo, unless we get some rain really soon, there's going to be lots of dust... but I hope to let other's eat mine

You ok? Hope this wait isn't making you crazy-

Vivi, NO! I'm not doing well. Will you take me for a ride in Mocha? I will need a fix long before my Clubman gets here. I'll help you wash it or something...

Old 09-30-2008, 07:16 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Vivi, NO! I'm not doing well. Will you take me for a ride in Mocha? I will need a fix long before my Clubman gets here. I'll help you wash it or something...
I'll email you when Mocha gets in- It'll be after Columbus Day weekend. Gawd I hope this boat ride is ok... kinda wish I could track the boat - but they're not checking in.... crud.

You'll be ok. (cue music... soft relaxing music... lights get low... chanting starts....ohhhmmmmyourminiiscomingohhhhmmmmmmm... repeat until you get "the call")

V

Old 09-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Ron H
2nd Gear
Latest Satus

My Mini is now at "production is complete and is waiting to be released to the carrier".

Can someone tell me what this means? Is it waiting for a ship?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
More likely waiting to be taken to the docks, Ron.

I'm having a hard time concentrating, Vivi. Why why why are the week 39 folks getting shipping information and we aren't??

Old 09-30-2008, 08:33 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
More likely waiting to be taken to the docks, Ron.

I'm having a hard time concentrating, Vivi. Why why why are the week 39 folks getting shipping information and we aren't??
Not that it will make you feel any better, Jen, but the "week #" has to do with when your car is produced. Shipping is an entirely different matter. I haven't gone and checked into Week 39 (mostly cause Week 37 still has some people without cars), but I'm guessing that the 39er's that are getting shipping info are probably on the Left Coast. They're going to be at sea for a long long long time.
The hold up for all of us Right Coasties, according to my MA, has been the hurricanes (elik the one that is out in the North Atlantic Right Now... grrrrr)- with the big hurricanes out there, the cars weren't being shipped and they backed up at teh docks.
I'm guessing that Jake & I got on the boat just by sheer luck. You'll get on one soon. And remember, on WW you can actually make sure you car is on... on K-Line, you get to VDC a good 2 days earlier.
Ho hum.
Best of luck Jen and remember to chant.
Vivi

Old 10-01-2008, 04:45 AM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
FEDORA is in the PORT!!! Anyone show they are aboard that ship yet? I have been sitting at the port since the 23rd and would like to get on this ship.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:55 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
FEDORA is in the PORT!!! Anyone show they are aboard that ship yet? I have been sitting at the port since the 23rd and would like to get on this ship.
JBM, Draik, Jen, and I have been sitting with you and are hoping to be on that ship too. Nothing on the 2wglobal tracking site yet. Let me know if you guys get an update. Fingers crossed here.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Nothing yet. I started to say "but it's early, yet", and then realized it's not so early in Southampton.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:14 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
We have been waiting for the ride over since 9/21. Add us to the list.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:17 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
With a name like Mini Rose who could leave you behind? That's just rude. We'll make sure we lock bumpers and get ya on board with us! Welcome to "the left-behinders club".

Old 10-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Hi Mini Rose. There is a sort of comfort in numbers. Hold on tight, we'll get everyone on board.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:51 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Jen, I agree...comfort and strength in numbers. Being able to wish people luck and send positive thoughts interrupts the personal pitty-party. I love reading these posts by people who ordered in September, went into production the next week, got out and on the same day rolled onto a boat and they'll be getting their car this weekend. What's up with that?...I'm happy for them but can we please get our cars before Halloween! I'm going to stay positive until I get news that I'm NOT on the boat today and then I'll be sad......and a little stressed.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I can't wait to hear y'all are cruising - it will be worthy of a party!
honestly MINI should hand out vallium when we order these puppies -
or psychotherapy!
I'm going to stop by MoN and check on the ship since I'm in town.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:39 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Vivi, Thanks for sticking with us!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
See, now I'm stressing about exactly when it will be ready at MINI of Dallas for me to pick up. If it's the week of the 18th (which I suppose is unlikely at this point) I have to work every night and cant get over to Dallas to pick it up.

At the end of the rainbow I'll have 2 really cool things. A road trip and Duncan. <sigh>

Old 10-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Bridger42
1st Gear
Please count me in on the left behind crew too. Been at the port since the 23rd also as a week 38'er. Not to mention I got to spend a week+ in the dark in Houston without any MINI lights for company

JACKSON
09 Cooper Clubman yeSSSSS

Old 10-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Bridger42
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
Bridger42, glad you finally anted up and posted. Black on Black will be stunning , I've no doubt. I know there has been at least one Black MCC on the board - with photos - but I think it had a Silver roof and pillars.:
BTW, thanks Otra, it is about time. My first brand new car EVER and a I pick the one I have to wait 2+ months for.......brilliant! Now I'm just hoping the economic apocalypse that is so dramatically being called for doesn't keep it from me.

Anyone want to rent a ship and just go pick up our cars ourselves? Perhaps a jumbo jet would be better.

JACKSON
09 Cooper Clubman yeSSSSSS

Old 10-01-2008, 07:08 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Bridger, Welcome to the club...I'm not feeling so alone. I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason...it's just not always easy to see the reason. Hopefully we will all get good news today and our kids will be partying on their cruiseship before the sun sets.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:58 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bridger42
My first brand new car EVER and a I pick the one I have to wait 2+ months for.......brilliant! S

This is my first brand new car ever too! I know I am better off then you guys because I am on a boat, but I was expecting my car this week and I won't get it until probably the 18th, the wait is annoying! it better be worth it!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:19 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bridger42
BTW, thanks Otra, it is about time. My first brand new car EVER and a I pick the one I have to wait 2+ months for.......brilliant! Now I'm just hoping the economic apocalypse that is so dramatically being called for doesn't keep it from me.

Anyone want to rent a ship and just go pick up our cars ourselves? Perhaps a jumbo jet would be better.

JACKSON
09 Cooper Clubman yeSSSSSS
Now THIS I'd like to see! Bridger is putting our plans to break into the VDC to shame DooBahDoo! Yeesh- we gotta get more creative.

OK- y'all go get a boat and get your cars on it... I'll cheer you on by singing "row row row your boat"
(and with that, the room clears out!)

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group