1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Bridger42
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
OK- y'all go get a boat and get your cars on it... I'll cheer you on by singing "row row row your boat"
(and with that, the room clears out!)
And bake us cakes with files in them for prison too, right?

Wow, this whole MINI experience is quite the process.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:03 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Of course! I've gotten quite good at the cake with file thang... keep having to bake them for my horse rescue friends!

Old 10-01-2008, 12:03 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Now THIS I'd like to see! Bridger is putting our plans to break into the VDC to shame DooBahDoo! Yeesh- we gotta get more creative.

OK- y'all go get a boat and get your cars on it... I'll cheer you on by singing "row row row your boat"
(and with that, the room clears out!)
Vivi, That's youth for you. I'm the tired old fart that thought bolt-cutters and a car hauler road trip to Charleston sounded fun. I guess that's my problem...I don't dream big enough.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Fedora setting sail in 10 mins if on schedule

Originally Posted by Mini Rose
We have been waiting for the ride over since 9/21. Add us to the list.
Hopefully we will know something soon, the Fedora is suppose to be leaving port soon and I think it might take 24 hours to show up on the tracking system that our vehicle WILL be on there (thinking positive).

Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Ron H
My Mini is now at "production is complete and is waiting to be released to the carrier".

Can someone tell me what this means? Is it waiting for a ship?
means you are waiting to get onto the train to get to the port. it will eventually say sitting at port waiting on a ship but no shipping info available at this time. mine has been saying that since the 22nd.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:58 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Good to hear I am not sitting at the port by myself. But I think we few should be at the front of the line. The Fedora leaves port at 21:00 hrs which is 3pm Texas time. That is very soon. But I think we have to wait 24 hrs to see if we got on the ship and it shows info on the tracking site.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Mine is still showing "Booked" on the Fedora and the Fedora has not left port yet, as far as the WW site shows. (I see JBM, that we were posting at the same moment!)

I'm really hoping everyone will be seeing their VIN#s showing up soon and the frustrations will move on to watching the ship as she sails across the pond and to the various ports of call.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:01 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
wow i posted a few things and then went back to check the live tracking of the ships and it now shows a tug boat to the right of Fedora, they must be moving out right on time, it says 21:00 hr departure and it is leaving on the dot. good to hear the captain hasn't been drinking yet.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
No one else shows booked on the Fedora except Otra?

Old 10-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Are you looking at http://www.ais-live.co.uk/AIS%20Live/aissolent.html - Wow, then I guess that site where we put in our VIN #s is a little bit behind!

I can't seem to remember how one finds out the time of departure, etc. - how did you get that info - oh, by clicking on it! This map seems very different from the way it used to be.

The only thing I can think is the you guys who have been hanging around the docks and still aren't showing up is that you must be on one of the K-Line ships. I'm hoping that you're already underway and way ahead of the Fedora.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Alright everyone, the Fedora has set sail. Has ANYONE received any kind of update? It still shows "no data" on the cargo tracking web site. Starting to get a little antsy here.......................

Old 10-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
That would be the coolest thing ever. Well, almost. I've been afraid to even think that Duncan might be at sea already. With a little umbrella drink in his little cup holder...

Old 10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
kjrhammer
1st Gear
I still get the "no data" message as well. My MA just e-mailed that my car is on a ship, but didn't give a name. Grr! I hope to hear back from her soon...

Old 10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
Alright everyone, the Fedora has set sail. Has ANYONE received any kind of update? It still shows "no data" on the cargo tracking web site. Starting to get a little antsy here.......................

THE 866 LINE NOW SAYS I AM "IN TRANSIT" INSTEAD OF SITTING AT THE PORT? COULD THIS BE???

Old 10-01-2008, 01:41 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
NO DATA

Originally Posted by kjrhammer
I still get the "no data" message as well. My MA just e-mailed that my car is on a ship, but didn't give a name. Grr! I hope to hear back from her soon...
I AM STILL GETTING THE NO DATA ERROR TOO. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, YOU HAVE TO WAIT 24 HOURS FOR IT TO SHOW UP ON THAT SITE. HOWEVER IF YOUR MA SAID YOU ARE ON A SHIP IT HAS TO BE THE "FEDORA" B/C THAT WAS THE ONLY ONE IN PORT TODAY. GOOD TO HEAR YOU ARE ON A SHIP, I AM WAITING FOR MY MA TO CALL ME BACK BUT THE 866 LINE DOES SAY "IN TRANSIT" FOR ME NOW AND JUST 1 HOUR AGO IT SAID SITTING AT THE PORT.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
That would be the coolest thing ever. Well, almost. I've been afraid to even think that Duncan might be at sea already. With a little umbrella drink in his little cup holder...
Great image! I'm sure that Duncan is enjoying himself with his pals - with drinks all around. Here is photo of the Fedora upon which I hope they all are en route - but if not, I believe your MINIs must be having a good old time with on one of the K-Line's ships and ahead of the game.

Last edited by Otra; 10-20-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
I AM STILL GETTING THE NO DATA ERROR TOO. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, YOU HAVE TO WAIT 24 HOURS FOR IT TO SHOW UP ON THAT SITE. HOWEVER IF YOUR MA SAID YOU ARE ON A SHIP IT HAS TO BE THE "FEDORA" B/C THAT WAS THE ONLY ONE IN PORT TODAY. GOOD TO HEAR YOU ARE ON A SHIP, I AM WAITING FOR MY MA TO CALL ME BACK BUT THE 866 LINE DOES SAY "IN TRANSIT" FOR ME NOW AND JUST 1 HOUR AGO IT SAID SITTING AT THE PORT.
JBM... I know you are excited but don't holler. Is it possible that you are on the Sierra Nevada Hwy?
All of us that have ended up on the K Lines didn't find out until we were at sea for several days and had pulled half our hair out thinking we were rusting away on the docks.
Its so beautiful when you find out and you are already half way across the pond... good luck and... stop hollerin"

Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Bridger42
1st Gear
I still have no data and 866 says at the port . Booooooo. I guess they're still working on pints at the port, the only umbrellas are for the rain.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Me too, Bridger. As much as I would love to believe I left on K-Line, the fact that the crackpipe still says Duncan's at the dock makes me believe that he is, indeed, at the dock.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Otra
6th Gear
I thought the human at the other end of the "crack pipe" only knew what the status of one's MINI was as to its leaving the factory and being en route to the dock.
... Painting and drying typically take up Day 7 and your final quality check at the plant is completed on Day 8. Once your MINI has passed Final QA, it sits for up to 24 hours at the plant and then is loaded onto a rail car and shipped 67 miles to Southampton, England for transport!

Section 4 – Transport and Delivery

At this junction in the process, ASK-MINI will be unable to give you any information beyond confirming the Final QA has been completed. Your own detective work and maybe some helpful hints from your MA are all you have to rely on at this point. Typically it takes about 36 hours for your MINI to arrive at the Southampton docks once you’ve passed Final QA. This is of course entirely dependent upon the freight train schedules which are out of anyone’s control.
It may be time to kick the crack pipe habit and either take it all on faith or hound your Motoring Advisors, since they are apparently the only ones who can crack the K-Line code completely?
Unfortunately, tracking your MINI through K-Line is next to impossible without your MAs help. Once your MINI is loaded onto a ship, your MA should have the ability to tell you what the ship’s name is and when it will get into port. Whether or not your MA can actually provide you with this information varies greatly among MAs.

P.S. Not meaning to "shut you down" - it's just that I cannot think that there is any other viable explanation considering (if my memory serves me) mine was completed on 9/22 and went to the docks and was booked and the ship has left...all via the WW line. Look at it this way, you'll be so surprised when you find out your MINIs are much closer to getting to you than you'd ever thought!

Last edited by Otra; 10-01-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Tis true what Otra says- it's time to kick the habit and start hounding the MA's- and if your MA doesn't know, then go to his/her supervisor....
Best of luck- we're going to have to start a methadone clinic for 866-crack-pipe addicts!
phew- never knew buying a car would be so dangerous to my health!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:54 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius

Draik, I'm afraid we may have been left behind again. I don't understand it.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Sorry if my whining is getting on your nerves, Otra. My MA is out of the country, and is inattentive at best. DooBahDoo and Draik, is it possible that you left on a K-Line ship?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:35 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Jen, is there no other MA at the dealership you can speak with? I've been able to contact my MA, as well as DooBahDoo's MA and another when I wasn't able to reach my own.
I do hope you can get some answers- I'm so looking forward to hearing everyone is on a boat making the puddle jump.
Best of luck- Vivi

Old 10-02-2008, 04:10 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Jenahill - not getting on my nerves at all. I feel badly for everyone's frustrations, and my excerpting portions of the tracking sticky were only meant to help.

Hang in there and good luck!

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group