1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbmom
Hey -- finally got an email from my MA.

Your Mini is on the ship called The Southern Highway. It should be arriving at the port in South Carolina tomorrow. Once it’s at the port it takes about a week to get to Mini of St. Louis. So around the first part of next week you will be motoring in your new MINI Cooper!!!!!

WOW -- Now I'm extremely excited!!!
Congrats Mom! I just looked up the K-Line schedule and it looks like Southern Highway left Southampton on 20 Sept and was supposed to arrive on 02 Oct, but probably got caught up in with Hurricane Laura.

What a great surprise- oh and btw, welcome to our somewhat nutty group - I don't know if I said that before... We're all biting off our nails waiting.

Vivi

Old 10-03-2008, 11:14 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bfrance
Just a quick update on mine:

My MA e-mailed this morning and said that she got notification that I am in transit to the VDC. We're shooting for a tentative pick-up date of next Saturday, the 11th!!!!

(Sorry to everyone that is still in limbo. It sucks that you all are having to wait so long. I'm just excited and had to share!!! )

-Ben
Congrats Ben- we want to see pix when you've got your car!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Guys let me know how things go at Baron, I probably won't be there until the 15th at the earliest...

Old 10-03-2008, 11:29 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bbmom

My hubby wants to drive to Kiawah Island in December in the Mini for the marathon. Hopefully its broken in by then.

That sounds like a great road trip. I've always wanted to go to Kiawah Island...and a marathon to boot. I might have to look into that run. May talk the hubby into that road trip myself. I can run & he can motor around the Island.

p.s. congrats on the state side arrival of your little one

Old 10-03-2008, 11:30 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Guys let me know how things go at Baron, I probably won't be there until the 15th at the earliest...

Jakery -

Will let you know how it goes, but I'm sure it's gonna be smooth as butta!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Is there anyone still in the dark? When is the next ship due in? I'm feeling very alone.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:17 PM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Congrats Ben- we want to see pix when you've got your car!

Believe me, they'll be cominig in spades!!!!

-Ben

Old 10-03-2008, 12:26 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
Is there anyone still in the dark? When is the next ship due in? I'm feeling very alone.
Jen, I think Draik, DooBahDoo and Izzy are all sitting there with you. And don't feel alone- we won't leave you in the lurch.

Maybe you'd feel better if you started collecting little "things" for your car- like wash rags, dust rags- there are some toggle stickers that are a riot (you'll have to do a search for them here at NAM), car covers, clean out your garage, clean out my garage, etc...

We're all in this together- and once we've all gotten our cars, then it's Pah-tay time!

Old 10-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Bridger42
1st Gear
No worries Jen, you are not alone in the dark here. I haven't heard anything or had a sign of hope. Been looking out the window hoping for a magical flash of light from Jackson comfortably on a boat across the pond. None yet!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Our MA told us today he thought we were still wating for the ride over but was not sure. So we still have no idea what is happening. Getting ready to start week 3 waiting for the trip over.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Ron H
2nd Gear
My Mini is awaiting transport. What is the best way to determine what ship it will be or is on? I tried the WW site with no luck.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Ron, if you have no luck on the WW site, the only way you can get information on your ship is from your MA. I've got no information, either.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Ron H
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
Ron, if you have no luck on the WW site, the only way you can get information on your ship is from your MA. I've got no information, either.
Thanks, I will give him a call Saturday morning.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:32 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Ok kids- here's a thread you can browse while you're waiting on info about your cars...
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=154518

of course, if that doesn't float your boat, join us in the song lyric game, the song title game, the word association game... there's also a movie title and some other games.

Yup... I know where to waste time waiting

Old 10-03-2008, 07:52 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Any of you guys/gals that think they got on the Fedora show up on the WW site. I am pretty sure I got on the Fedora but I don't show yet still today on the WW site. Anybody else having this problem?

Old 10-04-2008, 06:52 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
No news here so you guys don't feel so alone....trying to stay positive but for me the excitement is waining. It'll happen when it happens. Good luck to everyone and just a reminder my dealership manager told me they were getting cars delivered to the lot that still showed awaiting transport. Don't want to send false hope but the lack of communication makes me think I am really still sitting in England. To everyone that is getting their cars this weekend or next week Congrats to you! Happy motoring!!!

Old 10-04-2008, 07:19 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Oh Doo... at least you're with JoMo- he's probably just as bummed as you are. This is sad. Are you going to be in Al this weekend or are you heading to TN? IF you come up to TN, Willie Nelson is doing an outdoor concert in Leiper's Fork. I was just offered tickets, but I can't find a baby sitter... boo hoo... never seen Willie- altho I contacted his organization after the tornadoes last spring.
So tickets are still available... but baby sitters are not.

I think we should change our mantra... maybe "myminisiscrossingthepond" ?! Let's get this going for you and everyone else who's waiting.

What does Week 37 say? are they still in limbo? I guess I"ll go check them out.

So sorry- but we're still here with you.
V

Old 10-04-2008, 11:00 AM
corca006
Neutral
Woohoo!!

I've been following this thread but haven't been able to post yet. My 09 MCS is onboard the UNDINE!! Scheduled to arrive at Brunswick, GA on 10/8 and hopefully just a short trip to Orlando!!

Old 10-04-2008, 11:08 AM
hemmingway_bg
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UNDINE FANS

Originally Posted by corca006
I've been following this thread but haven't been able to post yet. My 09 MCS is onboard the UNDINE!! Scheduled to arrive at Brunswick, GA on 10/8 and hopefully just a short trip to Orlando!!
Good to see another UNDINE & DOWNTOWN MINI fan posting.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:17 AM
corca006
Neutral
Originally Posted by hemmingway_bg
Good to see another UNDINE & DOWNTOWN MINI fan posting.
And PW/B!! Doesn't get much better!!

Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Oh Doo... at least you're with JoMo- he's probably just as bummed as you are. This is sad. Are you going to be in Al this weekend or are you heading to TN? IF you come up to TN, Willie Nelson is doing an outdoor concert in Leiper's Fork. I was just offered tickets, but I can't find a baby sitter... boo hoo... never seen Willie- altho I contacted his organization after the tornadoes last spring.
So tickets are still available... but baby sitters are not.

I think we should change our mantra... maybe "myminisiscrossingthepond" ?! Let's get this going for you and everyone else who's waiting.

What does Week 37 say? are they still in limbo? I guess I"ll go check them out.

So sorry- but we're still here with you.
V
Vivi, Too bad about the babysitter. Once I'm up there permanently I'll corrupt...I mean keep them for you once in a while...lol My mom's in town and we've been celebrating her 75th birthday for the past week so we're going to wrap it up tonight with a trip to the Opry. Are you going to be in town to pick up Mocha next weekend? Let me know and I may join you at the dealership to celebrate with you. You can plan to be there on Christmas Eve when mine finally arrives.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:24 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Vivi, Too bad about the babysitter. Once I'm up there permanently I'll corrupt...I mean keep them for you once in a while...lol My mom's in town and we've been celebrating her 75th birthday for the past week so we're going to wrap it up tonight with a trip to the Opry. Are you going to be in town to pick up Mocha next weekend? Let me know and I may join you at the dealership to celebrate with you. You can plan to be there on Christmas Eve when mine finally arrives.
Wow- you'll have a blast at Opry- Give your Mom happy Birthday wishes from me... you can explain that I'm some nut you "met" online (that should go over like a lead balloon!)
My friend with the tickets to Willie offered to give me 3 of them so I could take the kids, but I just don't think the kids would be into it. We all went to see Robert Cray last summer in Maine and the kids were miserable. And they LIKE blues! I'll take them to a bluegrass festival or Jazz fest in NO and they'll be fine, but some of the more "serious" music or concerts are just too much at 8 yrs old.

I'm not going to pick up Mocha until the 15th or so- I've gotta have the windows tinted and the racks put on. Plus I'm going up to Maine next weekend... all by myself Leaving the kids with David, my husband. He's off in CA visiting his 82 yr old Dad and checking on him this weekend. WE actually are planning on getting out there again this Christmas, all of us as Dave's dad hasn't seen the kids in 4 yrs. It's hard to get out there and we have to rent a car and get a motel while we're there... plus Lloyd doesn't get around really fast or want to do things like go to the zoo or disney or whatever, and kids being kids... well, we're hoping they're old enough to deal with the slower pace of life.

I'm predicting you'll get your baby before the end of October. Halloween anybody? Yeah, that's it, MINI is putting together the PERFECT Halloween costume- Your car will be a GHOST! It's that PW thang

Keep the faith. And have fun at Shopryland, I mean Opryland!
V

Old 10-04-2008, 02:08 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Really all of you in the dark, I am surprised none of you are on the Sierra Nevada Highway. TNMiniMama and I seem to be the only ones. Either you are riding with us or we are rubbing mirrors with a bunch on Non-NAMers. Our boat docks on Wed. I can't wait!

Old 10-04-2008, 02:45 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Really all of you in the dark, I am surprised none of you are on the Sierra Nevada Highway. TNMiniMama and I seem to be the only ones. Either you are riding with us or we are rubbing mirrors with a bunch on Non-NAMers. Our boat docks on Wed. I can't wait!
Or, Gawd forbid, we're on board with a bunch of Peugots! (shudder)

Old 10-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Still no word . Checking the shipping schedule, the Courage is in port, so maybe, just maybe I'll get loaded. The next would be the Aniara on the 7th or the tombarra on the 9th. This is getting old. I've been sittin on the dock since the 21/22.

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group