1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was tempted to call my MA yesterday, but when I was in the dealership last weekend and we were trying to get an update he said that they tended to take down the site on Saturdays for some unknown reason, so I wasn't suprised at not getting an info yesterday. I am getting upset at the fact that cars built after mine as getting shipped and I'm still sitting. You would think that it would be first built, first shipped, with priority give to cars that are already sold over dealer stock, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I will be calling my MA Monday and, more than likely, MINI USA and voicing my displeasure.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
My MA is out of the office until Wednesday so all I can do is try to find patience that don't come naturally. It's so odd in this economy when car dealers are hurting for customers and dealerships are closing...MINI's in the fortunate position of having customers willing to wait...but maybe not willing to wait without communication! Give 'em hell Draik!!! Good luck buddy!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 05:31 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
I love me some Vivi. The on-strike icons are too cute! You're right because my MA, his wife, and I ordered our cars days apart. His wife's car is on a boat with yours and he & I are left at port. He has no clue why we are still sitting. They have cars released to their dealership that were produced after ours so it can't be dealer allocation...and we all three ordered clubmans so it's not the body-type that's causing delay either. At any rate this unacceptable.

On another note we stopped into the Loveless today for brunch and I was SO tempted to call you. There were four MINI's in the parking lot...and we were in my truck! Our other MCS is too small for three (and we don't share our cars)...Where oh where is my Clubman?!?
Now that is too funny. The kids & I ate a late lunch at Loveless today- got there around 4 pm. There was a huge collection of Harley's but not a MINI in sight! But when we left, we headed to Bellevue and were right behind a yellow mini with temp tags on it. Justacooper. no stripes. and I was in Hilda the Cinderblock (my'82 grey/blue MB 300 td). You should have called.

GMTA-
Glad you like my strike smiley's... Hopefully we'll know something about you & JoMo and the rest of the dock sitters tomorrow-I've got a clubbie too, mine's an S, and supposedly I'm on the Sierra Nevada Highway with JoMo's wife.

Have a great nite-
Vivi

Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Just out of curiosity I checked the Week 40 Support thread and several of them show book on the Courage which set sail today. Just what the hell is going on!!! The "more that likely" just changed to "definitely" calling MINI USA!! SOMEONE is going to give me answers!!

Old 10-05-2008, 06:05 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
Just out of curiosity I checked the Week 40 Support thread and several of them show book on the Courage which set sail today. Just what the hell is going on!!! The "more that likely" just changed to "definitely" calling MINI USA!! SOMEONE is going to give me answers!!
I agree something is up. I am going to get an answer tomorrow. Let me know if you get somewhere with them?

Old 10-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
It sucks, indeed. I've gone from slightly whiney, well, ok, really whiney, to really ticked off. My MA gets back in the country on Tuesday - I know he only has so much information, but he can probably work his way up that food chain quicker than I can to get answers.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:37 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Ok, just got some great news. I was looking at some older posts of previous groups before us. One guy just got his delivered and his 866 line still says he is waiting on the port. The MiniSite says he is in transport. So hopefully we are actually on a freaking ship, it just hasn't updated yet.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
I hope thats whats happening with all of us. I'm still calling tomorrow. In my opinion communication is very important and correct information is paramount. What is the point of having the AskMINI line if it is out of date or worse, completely incorrect? They say after the car reaches port you need to contact your MA but why can't they access the same info your MA can? To me it makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:25 PM
kh7085
Neutral
I heard many people who has no information about their ride. I don't have any information since 9/23 too, but I connected my MA, he gave me the ship name is Sierra Nevada highway. I think your car is on this boat, arrive SC on 10/09. it is hard to track your car on K-Line. I hope your car will be on Sierra Nevada Highway and arrive to US soon.....

Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kh7085
I heard many people who has no information about their ride. I don't have any information since 9/23 too, but I connected my MA, he gave me the ship name is Sierra Nevada highway. I think your car is on this boat, arrive SC on 10/09. it is hard to track your car on K-Line. I hope your car will be on Sierra Nevada Highway and arrive to US soon.....
KH, find the Sierra Nevada Thread, the boat is tracking to dock a day early! I hope everyone is on it, it is quiet on this ship with only two, now three confirmed, surely more are on it!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 08:00 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I suggest those of you that are MIA should call the K-line and give them the Sierra Nevada Highway's Bill of Lading # (HAM109690) and your VIN, if you talk to the right person they can confirm if the car is on the boat in that shipment. You may need to be persistent, but someone will tell you.

Let me know if this results in good news!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
I hope thats whats happening with all of us. I'm still calling tomorrow. In my opinion communication is very important and correct information is paramount. What is the point of having the AskMINI line if it is out of date or worse, completely incorrect? They say after the car reaches port you need to contact your MA but why can't they access the same info your MA can? To me it makes no sense whatsoever.
Draik, please post any information/update that you get. I'm a very logical person and what we in the left-behinders club know is that the information is not reliable. Worse yet the manager of my dealership has told me they are getting cars delivered that still show awaiting transport. Though this gives us a chance for false-hope it also increases the margin for error that we really are being left behind. Having spent almost 20 years in international procurement and logistics ships manifests have to be completed and turned in to all affected international government agencies 24 hours in advance of loading. If the MINI production/logistics system if mucked up, which we know it is, we need to push management for resolution. Not knowing is unacceptable for a book or dvd order from Amazon.com, much less a new vehicle...my 2 cents guys. I'll post any info I can get if I get any. Good luck everyone! Try to stay positive.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:35 AM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
I suggest those of you that are MIA should call the K-line and give them the Sierra Nevada Highway's Bill of Lading # (HAM109690) and your VIN, if you talk to the right person they can confirm if the car is on the boat in that shipment. You may need to be persistent, but someone will tell you.

Let me know if this results in good news!!!
What number are you guys calling for the K-line. The numbers I tried all needed more than VIN.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:40 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Use the BOL# I provided above (HAM109690) in addition to the VIN. BMW ships in bulk on the K-line so they can't track the car without the BOL#

Old 10-06-2008, 06:15 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Jakery, let me know if you have any luck. I've talked to three K-line offices and was told I had to contact BMW but the number they gave me at BMW is a personal cell phone. Just another frustrating error. Any info appreciated.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
I have read through the last few pages of the week 39 and week 40 folks. There are week 40 cars booked on the Courage already. And there is really no griping about being left behind except here with the week 38s. I find that really interesting. It seems to be just week 38 builds. Could we get a show of hands again of who is left? Draikonius, DooBahDoo, MiniRose, Izzy, JBM. That's 6 of us. Did I leave anyone out?

Old 10-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Bridger42
1st Gear
Still me as far as I know. Not too happy about it either.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
I have read through the last few pages of the week 39 and week 40 folks. There are week 40 cars booked on the Courage already. And there is really no griping about being left behind except here with the week 38s. I find that really interesting. It seems to be just week 38 builds. Could we get a show of hands again of who is left? Draikonius, DooBahDoo, MiniRose, Izzy, JBM. That's 6 of us. Did I leave anyone out?
Jen, I haven't heard anything that would indicate movement of my car since it arrived at port 9/22.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
We had the same problem with many of us in week 37. Eventually it ended up that the last handful of people who appeared to be left behind ended up being on a K Line ship and the MA's appeared to be in the dark. Apparently there is a delay in them getting the information and even when they do get it, there is a different log in or screen for them to get this info (I'm not completely sure about this last part).

If you can somehow secure the bill of lading number, this can help you track through K Line.

I feel for you guys because this is so hard when you see people who ordered weeks after you, getting on ships and you are just sitting there with no accurate info.

The one thing that appears to be consistent with any of us who got on a K Line is the fact that we all were mid westerners, or at least not along the coast, i.e. PA, WV, OH, MN, IL, TX, MS and UT. And several from Minnesota and Kansas too. There was 2 K Line ships which have left since many of you have been at port with very few confirmations on them. These ships hold 3-4000 cars each!

Hopefully there will be some good news soon for all of you. Draik, I know you where initially part of week 37 and got bumped early on to week 38... it has been a long wait for you!

Last edited by kellypgh; 10-06-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Add Bridger, that's 7. And thanks, Kelly. Duncan is headed to Texas, so maybe there's hope. Any of the rest of you headed to one of those states that Kelly mentioned?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:04 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Draik and I are TN - disembarking port of Charleston. Something has to begin making sense this week for us.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:09 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Draik and I are TN - disembarking port of Charleston. Something has to begin making sense this week for us.
Doo, all of us, without exception, came in to port through Charleston. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is misinformation/lack of information you are receiving and that your Mini's are half way across the pond already. I really don't want to give anyone false hopes but it is so painful to hear you guys talk about how frustrated you are, and I certainly don't blame you.

Keep the faith! Mondays seem to be a day where lots of information seems to break through the dam!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:16 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Thanks Kelly. We appreciate the moral (and any immoral) support we get.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 AM
kjrhammer
1st Gear
I just learned that I am on the Western Highway - looks like the ship left Southampton on October 3 and is due to arrive in Charleston on the 16th. My Clubman was finished 9/20.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:36 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Ok, email this person, Marie.Parker@us.kline.com and plead with her to tell you something based on the BOL# I provided above and your VIN. She should at the very least tell you if it is on the Sierra Nevada, but don't expect much more after that.

good luck!

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group