1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Draikonius
Doo, I'll bet money you and Jen are on board too. Just keep pinging away at you MA or Sales Manager (if your MA is out) until you hear something. I'm glad I didn't start the day calling and being an a**hole to people, thenfind out I was already on board.
I have a glimmer of hope and I hope you're right. Surely Naz couldn't leave his bestest friend behind after all that time together. I just don't want to get really pi$$ed when I hear that I'm not with you...talk about an a-hole...you don't even want to know. Happy sailing mate!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
I'm sure if there was anything he could do to get his best buddy on board he would. He is well armed and seems to have a vicious temper (snarls and growls alot) and a bit of a pirate.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:30 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Draik, Naz has a bunkmate! We're cruising together. My MA said his system just popped up an update and his Clubman and mine are onboard, due at port 10/16, VDC-10/18 & to us @ 10/20-24. We're cruising together buddy! I sure as heck hope the rest of our left-behinders are on with us or ahead of us! I feel guilty as hell writing this but wanted to give you guys hope since my MA's system just kick-uped.
Keep posting updates guys!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Old 10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
The dam has broken... hopefully Jen, et al will soon be "in the know" too. Congrats everyone!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Draik, Naz has a bunkmate! We're cruising together. My MA said his system just popped up an update and his Clubman and mine are onboard, due at port 10/16, VDC-10/18 & to us @ 10/20-24. We're cruising together buddy! I sure as heck hope the rest of our left-behinders are on with us or ahead of us! I feel guilty as hell writing this but wanted to give you guys hope since my MA's system just kick-uped.
Keep posting updates guys!
Great news Doo!! Now if Jen is on board we can make it threesome. (Ooops, did I say that out loud?)

Old 10-06-2008, 12:28 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
Great news Doo!! Now if Jen is on board we can make it threesome. (Ooops, did I say that out loud?)

And this, my friends, is how the MINI Crossover came to be... a long cruise, 3 single consenting MINI's, and the motion of the ocean... all on The Love Boat!

Old 10-06-2008, 12:37 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
All seven of us have to be on there. I can hear it now, "There's a costume party at 7pm on the Lido Deck. Dance contest starts at 8 o'clock.".

I love Vivi's icons!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
In this case, I'm all for a threesome. W00t! Gotta wait till tomorrow to hear from my MA, though.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Still waiting to here from our MA.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
All seven of us have to be on there. I can hear it now, "There's a costume party at 7pm on the Lido Deck. Dance contest starts at 8 o'clock.".

I love Vivi's icons!!!

In all honesty and fairness, the smileys are all Lady Godiva's fault!

Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
MINIRose, you guys have to be with us. Vivi will put one of her chants out into the universe and confirm it's so and then reply with the cutest little dancing icons just for you guys. We've got to be together after all this time. Call your dealership manager if your MA is out. (hint hint)

Old 10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama

In all honesty and fairness, the smileys are all Lady Godiva's fault!
You're my new best friend...call me every 5 minutes. Your children will love us...your husband will hate us.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Western Highway tracking info
http://www.sailwx.info%29/ callsign 3EJK5

Old 10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
ok, these icons are emasculating me!!! I am already wondering what having a MINI says about my manhood, let's not make it worse!

On that topic, would any of the men that own MINIs like to address the subject that the car is seen by some as a "girly" or "gay" car? I have heard that from some people, but coming from a british car club I have largely overlooked it.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:21 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
ok, these icons are emasculating me!!! I am already wondering what having a MINI says about my manhood, let's not make it worse!

On that topic, would any of the men that own MINIs like to address the subject that the car is seen by some as a "girly" or "gay" car? I have heard that from some people, but coming from a british car club I have largely overlooked it.
Jakery, I've never heard that these cars are gay or girly. I think people who I've met that are into MINI's are a bit quirky or fun, whatever you want to call them. I'll let someone else comment but if anyone picks on you just tell them you don't have to compensate for other areas of your life, also known as Napoleon Complex.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:23 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Jakery...I should add that I'm old (42) and when you get my age you really don't care what anyone says.

Draik, you got any concerns or comments for Jakery?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I just want to say that I am not overly concerned or homophobic by any means. A lot of my dad's friends drive these and have never heard that the car was girly. I am 28 and upon ordering the car a few friends made a few jokes about it being a car that gay guys drive, but they shut up when I told them the MPG!

That isn't nearly enough to stop me from getting one though! I drove an MGB and that was probably a little smaller and no one said a word. And yes I am secure in my manhood and have nothing to compensate for. (though I did drive an F150 in HS shortly before getting the MG)

Old 10-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
We have left messages with our MA and he has not called back. We will call the manager in the morning. We are hoping Mini Rose is on the same ship.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:52 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Good Luck! Keep us posted.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear

Jakery, if someone calls the MINI "gay" or "girly", strap their butt in the passenger seat and take them for a blast thru some twistys at twice the posted speed limit, them ask them what they think!

I'll be 50 in November and I could care less that some one thinks about what I drive. Most of the people who say that stuff, are driving a Camaro of Firebird with the driver side window covered in duct tape and wear a mullet.
I say F'em.

Dave

Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
the Camaro might be over the top, but I get it.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear

Ya know what?! I think you're worried about becoming

(giggle)

Let's look at this logically. I'm over 40 (and older than DooBahDoo, but not as old as Draik). I've, uh, known a lot of men in my life (now cut that out!) and I've found the ones that drive the big fast sports cars, i.e., Vettes (and especially T tops or convertibles) are DEFINETLY making up for things. Therefore, YOU who will be driving a diminutive but MIGHTY MINI, must NOT have any, uh, size image issues. The ONLY people that you even need to care what they think are WOMEN... and WE all know that MINI drivers are virile... very very virile (said in your best Catherine Zeta-Jones in The Mask of Zorro).

'nuff said?!

Vivi

Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
Ok, just got some great news. I was looking at some older posts of previous groups before us. One guy just got his delivered and his 866 line still says he is waiting on the port. The MiniSite says he is in transport. So hopefully we are actually on a freaking ship, it just hasn't updated yet.
Ok now my 866 line says "In Transit" again???

Old 10-06-2008, 06:38 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
MINIRose, you guys have to be with us. Vivi will put one of her chants out into the universe and confirm it's so and then reply with the cutest little dancing icons just for you guys. We've got to be together after all this time. Call your dealership manager if your MA is out. (hint hint)

ohhhhhhmmmmmmminiroseisontheboatohhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm m

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group