1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
signcarver,

thanks fo all the glorioous details about delivery. I am scheduled for a 9:30 am pick-up tomorrow!!!!!! I can't wait to drive my baby!! So happy to hear how thrilled you are with yours. I have the whole day off tomorrow so I am looking forward to a long, windy back-road way home!!

Post pictures when you can!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:21 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
So far I haven't been able to find a live feed of the dock, but here is a link for the actual VDC in Charleston. I just tried to find that live feed of the dock and it seems to be restricted. boo hoo...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.013647&z=17

(this is the VDC in Charleston, if you can't get thru on that link, go to google maps and plug in these codes: 34.896896, -82.178035)

Old 10-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Still no word from my MA. Today, though, the OL has changed to en route. I'm betting the Western Highway. Anything else, though, meaning sooner, would be AWESOME!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:36 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Vivi, how was the MINI luncheon in Brentwood last week? Wish I could've been there.

Doo- it was yesterday - really great to meet MINI drivers here- Scott, who owns Moe's in Brentwood, is really nice- food was very good. I'd never been there (I tend to be a food snob & don't usually do "chains" so this was a pleasant surprise). There were 6 people, 4 cars (Scott's is in the shop)- I was a)the only gal and b)the only one without an actual MINI. But they welcomed me anyway- One of the MINI's is owned by a woman, but she let her husband drive it and come to lunch. I told said husband that he'd better not let MY husband hear that (snicker)...
I was the only Clubbie owner (to be)- everyone else there had hardtops. They're going to get a drive together sometime toward the end of the month- Also, there is a fundraiser at teh Nashville Speedway that sounds interesting. I didn't get full info, but it's a handling class (like what the actors in Italian Job went thru to do the stunts). It's an annual fundraiser, so I think next year, I'm there! (now, where is that $20 mill in gold brick?).

Great bunch of guys, all ages- pretty funny bunch too- tummy hurts from laughing! A few of them are into other types of autos, one guy is in the GTO club, someone else was involved with another auto club for a while- which is good as we were able to commiserate at how the other auto clubs just don't have the *love* the MINI group has. (I had experienced that when the Mercedes Club was courting me).

All in all a good afternoon. Really fun looking at the MINI's and hearing what the guys had done to them. Only one in the crowd kept his run flats, everyone else had changed over to regular tires, and had either a donut spare or a garage with a spare on a rim. I think this group will be a great source of info and fun times. I think there is going to be a group going to MOTD in May...

OK, gotta get back to work- rain has let up, so I need to slosh over to the barn and feed the critters.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
MINI's do bring out the love. Glad you had fun...I'll be joining you guys soon. Interesting on the tire changeout. I bought an extra set of crownspokes that were new car takeoffs with runflats. They're in my garage. May see what they look like on the new clubman when it gets here. We've had problems with the ones on the white S but (knock on wood) never had an issue on the red S. I still felt better throwing a spare in the boot for roadtrips.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Finally heard from my MA. Funny people, these car salesmen. Although I specifically asked for a name of the ship, he only said that Duncan is due in Charleston on the 16th. Should be at the dealer 10 days later. I would hope that is on the outside. It shouldn't take 10 days to get to Dallas.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:33 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Vivi-

No top secret James Bond type access to the owner's manual. I just downloaded the '07 Manual because I needed something to keep me off the OL and the Crackpipe line. I don't know how different the '09 Manual will be, but I doubt I will be reading the new one any time in the next few weeks.

I am planning to head over to the dealer this afternoon so they can look at my possible trade (wife would rather not sell privately - convenience factor and keeping unknown folks from coming by the house), so I hope I can see my baby today. I don't have a camera with me, but I have already reminded my wife to bring it tomorrow. I will post pics once I get off the road - whenever that might be.

JumboShrimp - Good luck tomorrow morning. Would like to hear a recap of your delivery experience, too. And don't forget pics.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
Finally heard from my MA. Funny people, these car salesmen. Although I specifically asked for a name of the ship, he only said that Duncan is due in Charleston on the 16th. Should be at the dealer 10 days later. I would hope that is on the outside. It shouldn't take 10 days to get to Dallas.

Congrats Jen! I knew you weren't left behind, but nice to have it official. I think the eta's are always quoted cautiously so you can finally get that "Oh it's a day or two early" surprise. Unless you have options to be installed at the VDC it should depart there in a couple of days and no more than 2-3 days to Dallas on a carrier, unless they have a lot of enroute stops. Glad you're cruising with us!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:02 PM
bbmom
1st Gear
Last news I had was that my BB was on the Southern Highway. I've been trying to be patient waiting for my MA to call me to set up an appointment. She said a week after the ship docks. Will be a week tomorrow.

In case I haven't said it -- yes this is my first Mini. First nice car in many years as we had to have the child friendly cars for a while.

Glad to hear that all the rest of you are on the move a least.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:25 PM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bbmom
Last news I had was that my BB was on the Southern Highway. I've been trying to be patient waiting for my MA to call me to set up an appointment. She said a week after the ship docks. Will be a week tomorrow.

In case I haven't said it -- yes this is my first Mini. First nice car in many years as we had to have the child friendly cars for a while.

Glad to hear that all the rest of you are on the move a least.

I'm right there with you BB. Hang in there. Last I heard was that it was on the SH. I've just been going off of what others have said on here to approximate when I may see my baby. But, haven't heard from my MA yet. I know he will get in touch with me when it is time. I don't think me calling & bugging him will get it to me any sooner so I am trying to be patient.

I was not really planning on picking up my MINI until at least 10/15, but I think I got my hopes up a little seeing everyone get eta's from their MAs for this week/weekend. Anyway, we will get them!!!

But, glad to hear everyone else is getting good news. It is exciting!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jumboshrimp
signcarver,

thanks fo all the glorioous details about delivery. I am scheduled for a 9:30 am pick-up tomorrow!!!!!! I can't wait to drive my baby!! So happy to hear how thrilled you are with yours. I have the whole day off tomorrow so I am looking forward to a long, windy back-road way home!!

Post pictures when you can!
jumbo - good luck tomorrow!!!

I posted pictures in my gallery.

Steve

Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Just following the little red dot on sailwx and looks like the WH is about half way across the pond. With the stop for the aero kit install, I'm thinking 24th or 25th for delivery. WOOT!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Signcarver, you've finally gotten yourself a really beautiful Dark Silver/Black! Dark Silver would have been my choice, too, if it had been available in the regular Non S. Congratulations!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
you know it does feel good to know that my mini is in the states, I hope the sweet AB paint isn't scratched. I have heard that they are changing the Astro Black to a darker Cosmic Black in Dec. It is still metallic, but a truer black, wish I could have held out for that change....

Old 10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Draik, we're finally making some progress man! Can't wait!!! Hope to meet up with all of you on a rally or at the dragon or someplace real soon. Couldn't have made it without my week 38 family. Thanks!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
It's just so great to hear that everyone is getting close. And for those that already have their's, think about us next time you take a particularly good curve.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Otra
Signcarver, you've finally gotten yourself a really beautiful Dark Silver/Black! Dark Silver would have been my choice, too, if it had been available in the regular Non S. Congratulations!
Thanks Otra - you have had some MINIs!!! - good for you! This is my first, although as early as 2002 i was looking at them.

I'm really happy with the dark silver / black. I almost didn't get the dark silver because my Rabbit (now my wife's) is dark gray.

Turns out that the colors between the MINI and Rabbit are not that similar in that the MINI dark silver is a metallic color, whereas the Rabbit dark gray isn't - plus the MINI color is darker.

Steve

Old 10-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Draik, we're finally making some progress man! Can't wait!!! Hope to meet up with all of you on a rally or at the dragon or someplace real soon. Couldn't have made it without my week 38 family. Thanks!
Doo, I'll be coming to Nashville at Thanksgiving. My son and his girlfriend recently moved there from Memphis, and have invited us for Thanksgiving. Not sure which dates but if your around we might get a chance to meet. I just uploaded a couple of pictures to my gallery. One for my current MINI shortly after getting it, and another of the first MOTD (75 cars).

Old 10-09-2008, 05:06 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Draik, let me know when you have the dates. My family has rented a cabin in the Smoky Mtns for Thanksgiving weekend but I don't think we're leaving until Wednesday - returning Sunday. Hopefully we'll have some cross-time in Nashville. If not I'll just have to get a run together to Graceland. I'll take a look at those pics. Sure feels good to be sailing!

Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
Just checked and my Mini is listed online as at the Distribution Center. Knowing how far behind that it - my guess is that its on its way to me now.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats BBMom!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:14 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Wow BBMom,
Congrats!
Can't wait to see/hear all about the pick up - keep us posted please!
Vivi
(who's OL shows en route to the VDC)...

Old 10-09-2008, 07:16 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bbmom
Just checked and my Mini is listed online as at the Distribution Center. Knowing how far behind that it - my guess is that its on its way to me now.

Mine shows up now too. Talked to finance guy last night & he said it showed my baby was on a truck to KC. So I bet your's is on a truck to SL. Maybe on the same truck, make a drop off at KC & onto SL.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Picked Lola up this morning. No anthracite HL, but that wasn't a surprise and I think she looks just fine without it, so not sure I will switch it out anyway.

I am on cloud nine! (and about to head out for some more motoring)

Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Man seeing all these awesome Clubman kinda makes me want one now! oops. I am not waiting another 2 months to get it!

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group