1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checked the site again after reading another post and mine has 10/11 as the arrival date.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:50 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jumboshrimp
Picked Lola up this morning. No anthracite HL, but that wasn't a surprise and I think she looks just fine without it, so not sure I will switch it out anyway.

I am on cloud nine! (and about to head out for some more motoring)

Congratulations!!! I can't believe you got out of it long enough to post on here. You may not read this until I've taken delivery of mine...lol Enjoy buddy!!! I bet all the cleanser in your town can't wipe the smile off your face today. Awesome!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:48 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Looks like Mini finally got their act together on the website, everything is updated and it shows the addons etc now.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
So far I haven't been able to find a live feed of the dock, but here is a link for the actual VDC in Charleston. I just tried to find that live feed of the dock and it seems to be restricted. boo hoo...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.013647&z=17

(this is the VDC in Charleston, if you can't get thru on that link, go to google maps and plug in these codes: 34.896896, -82.178035)
Wow, didn't realize it was so far off the coast. I would think it was on the coast like in South Hampton, guess they train them to that point?

Old 10-09-2008, 06:16 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Quick update kids! I stopped by MINI of Nashville today to check in and see what my next step is (i.e., when do I need to arrange for insurance, $, how the tags are handled as MiN is in a different county than I live, see if I could find an owner's manual, etc). One MA was off getting a car for some people who were buying off the lot (HUH?! And miss all this FUN?), one of MY MA's is in Jamaica getting married, the other was on his day off, and this left John Monk, who had a STACK of new owner packets (with manuals etc) in front of him, sweat dripping from his brow, and the phone ringing off the hook.
He did pause long enough to ask if my car had come in... I laughed and said mine had crossed the pond with his wife's car, and was somewhere either at the VDC or enroute to Nashville. He looked up and casually said, "oh, my wife's car is already here" HUH?! Well is MINE?! Nope. Still in SC I think...
That's ok, honestly it is. I am leaving tomorrow morning for Maine and won't be back for a few days and I certainly don't want to leave MochaLatte in my dear sweet lead footed husband's grasp! (insert evil laugh here).
Just thought I'd tell you my day- there certainly are some LOVELY MINI's that have just come in, including a black with silver clubbie S with a JCW kit and ALL the bells and whistles. I nearly fainted when I saw the sticker on that puppy. Didn't realize it also had the JCW package as well, but when I did I was able to start breathing again.
TTFN- Vivi

Old 10-09-2008, 07:19 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Vivi, we keep missing eachother at the dealership. I was there late this afternoon. I had to be in Nashville and stopped by to check in with Roger adn talk to John for a few minutes. Looks like you'll probably pick up a few days before I will. They had some great cars in the showroom and pending delivery. Can't wait to get mine and see Mocha! Have fun in Maine.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
If I don't get an email soon from my MA I guess I'll have to call her. I could drive down there and sit on them too. Maybe at least catch a glimpse of my BB. (Baby Blue or Baby Bulldog or Blue Bulldog -- that's why I just call it BB -- haven't decided which)

Old 10-10-2008, 07:57 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I just got an email from the delivery manager at Baron Mini and my heart dropped! But it wasn't for my car, it was an invite to a Halloween party at the dealership....I really need to get this thing so I can calm down!!

Old 10-10-2008, 08:08 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
I just got an email from the delivery manager at Baron Mini and my heart dropped! But it wasn't for my car, it was an invite to a Halloween party at the dealership....I really need to get this thing so I can calm down!!
Jake, I'm with you... everytime my phone rings my heart skips a beat. I went on to my dealer's website and my vin is listed as part of their inventory! I have yet to get a return call from my MA though.
The wait is a killer...

Old 10-10-2008, 08:39 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Vivi, we keep missing eachother at the dealership. I was there late this afternoon. I had to be in Nashville and stopped by to check in with Roger adn talk to John for a few minutes. Looks like you'll probably pick up a few days before I will. They had some great cars in the showroom and pending delivery. Can't wait to get mine and see Mocha! Have fun in Maine.
yeah- john sed I just missed u. Didn't have ur # handy r would have called.

Stalked a clubbie this am at coffee shop - was so into talking to Her I didn't see nicole Kidman 5 ft away w keith urban. Wondered whose bently was there.
Will try to check in over wknd but hard to post from itouch.
Ttfn V

Old 10-10-2008, 08:56 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
Did anyone get any widgets while they were waiting? I had seen posts in other areas where people got board games, or parking placards, etc. I got nothing.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
Just checked the OL and my MINI now says delivery date 10/9. That's yesterday. Definitely calling my MA NOW!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:12 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Just got a call from Roger at Mini of Nashville. Our Clubman is there! We will pick it up Monday morning.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:39 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
yeah- john sed I just missed u. Didn't have ur # handy r would have called.

Stalked a clubbie this am at coffee shop - was so into talking to Her I didn't see nicole Kidman 5 ft away w keith urban. Wondered whose bently was there.
Will try to check in over wknd but hard to post from itouch.
Ttfn V
What is it with the Bentleys and country music stars. I saw John Rich all loved up on a girl curbside at the airport last Sunday...leaning on his black Bentley. Great cars but not as much fun for the money...lol Have fun in Maine.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
My MA called. BB is THERE. Actually its delivered to the BMW dealer and she has to ride over and get it and wash it. Going to take delivery tomorrow.

Tomorrow, tomorrow... you're only a day away.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:49 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats! No need to tell you to have a great weekend...but have a GREAT weekend!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 PM
bbmom
1st Gear
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. My MA just called. She knew they got 10 cars in yesterday, but didn't know they had gotten 20 in on Wednesday (BMW and Minis at same dealer). They didn't get my baby done. Awful weekend now.

My hubby can't go with me to pick her up until Wednesday now. I can't take off work to go.

My MA offered to pick me up -- but my hubby wouldn't want me to go without him.

Singing the blues........................

Old 10-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Oh no, I'm so sorry BBmom. I'm concerned mine will show up when I can't go,too. I have to drive to Dallas, so it's an ordeal just to get there. I've been watching the map, and the ship's getting closer!!!!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Stopped by the dealership yesterday and spoke with my MA. He said 10-11 days after hitting port Naz should be at the dealership (an extra 4 days at the VDC for aero kit install), but he did email the VDC advising them of the install, which should speed up the process somewhat. That puts the ETA at the 27th

Old 10-11-2008, 04:57 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Good news Draik. Keep us posted and stop by the keyboard long enough to post some pics of the much anticipated Naz.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:29 AM
abbyelizabeth
Neutral
I'm so relieved to finally have stumbled across other week 38'ers. I've been looking for you all on the OL guess I should've found this site sooner. I read through a good majority of the posts so I can pretend I had a group of folks to chit chat with during the long wait.

So happy to hear some of you are getting delivery soon/got delivery. I'm in Cleveland,OH & anxiously waiting for my MINI to get up here from Charleston.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:32 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Welcome to the group. Do you know the vessel/voyage information for your car? Tell us about your baby. Glad you found us.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:40 AM
abbyelizabeth
Neutral
On the Sierra Nevada Hwy that docked on 10/8. My MINI is pepper white with the black bonnet stripes, black mirrors & roof, black leatherette seats,16 bridgespokes, all season tires, cold weather package & alarm system. I'm so anxious to meet my MINI & drive it & name it. My first car was named but the second was a lease so I felt like it wasn't really truly mine & this car is the first car I've purchased on my own so it definitely deserves a good name!

Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Welcome, your Mini is almost just like Rosemay's. She will have sport stripes instead of bonnet.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Hey Abbyelizabeth. You're a step ahead of a lot of us. My Duncan is still at sea and should wobble ashore on the 16th. Hope the overland journey is smooth and quick for your baby.

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group