1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:12 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We picked up our Clubman in Nashville yesterday morning (they told us they had it last Friday) and they were unloading a bunch of MINIs! (We were week 38 on the Patriot.) Looks like some folks will be getting their cars.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Ben, if you see an all Astro Black MC with white turns and tinted windows, have them call me!!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Dealership called, I am picking up at 12:30 tomorrow!! All your good Karma has blessed me!! Pics arriving shortly!

Old 10-14-2008, 01:38 PM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Dealership called, I am picking up at 12:30 tomorrow!! All your good Karma has blessed me!! Pics arriving shortly!
Rock on Jake! That's so awesome. Say hi to my little bundle of joy. I won't be getting her until 5pm tomorrow. Can't wait to see your pics!

Good luck getting any work done. I'm practically useless today & am sure I will be worse tomorrow

Old 10-14-2008, 01:39 PM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gaffer
We picked up our Clubman in Nashville yesterday morning (they told us they had it last Friday) and they were unloading a bunch of MINIs! (We were week 38 on the Patriot.) Looks like some folks will be getting their cars.
Gaffer - Can't wait to see your pics!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Congratulations to all who have taken delivery of their new MINIs!

I haven't been keeping up with everyone's saga...because it seemed too painful when so many felt they'd been left on the docks...but it seems like almost everyone has either gotten their MINIs or knows where they are.

As luck and timing would have it, I'll driving mine on Monday.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Well I just sold my old car so I guess there is no turning back now! EEEK.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Otra
6th Gear
You'll be very happy soon! Hope you've got a ride for a few days.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:37 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Well I'm home from Maine and have heard NOTHING... OL still shows me at the vdc... and my (2) MA's are MIA... Hmmm... do I start fretting that something has happened to MochaLatte, that she might be in the infirmary? I mean, the ship came in 10/8... but at this rate, DooBahDoo will get his lovely Clubbie and I'll have to satisfy my Clubbie fixation by drooling all over HIS clubbie (bring a rag!)
sniffle, whimper....
Vivi
Welcome home Vivi! We missed you terribly. I talked to my MA (JoMo) yesterday and he is guesstimating that his car (and mine) will be at the dealership next Tuesday (1-week from today)! I hope he's right but I'm sure you will have a thousand miles on Mocha long before I get mine. He's optimistic because ours have no options to be installed and they are non-S cars. I'm trying to be patient...but...you know. How was Maine?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gaffer
Gaffer, I saw your car last week when I was there. It was in the showroom all locked up. Awesome car. If you look at my gallery you'll see my first love was a CR/W 08 S, white bonnet stripes, white turn signals...etc. You made an excellent choice! Congrats!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:07 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Guess what Kids... After whining here, I left to drive to town for my son's parent teacher conference. After the conference, I found I had a message on my cell phone... It was Richey, calling to tell me that my car was IN and if I wanted to I could pick it up TODAY!!!

Heh, heh, heh... guess what I did today?

zippidy doo dah... zippidy day!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:11 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Oh no you did-nt! CONGRATS!

MMMMIWannaRideInVivisMINI...HMMMMMMMIWannaRideInVi visMini....

Old 10-14-2008, 06:38 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
It was a total fluke! I drove home tonight, hitting all those wonderful twisty turny hilly back roads, just a grinning.
I am taking it tomorrow for the invisishield and window tint. I am also waiting for some dealer installs to come in, altho Richey did get the racks on. OH, and I have the regular Clubbie spoiler, and it was teh first one they'd seen (all the other spoilers have been JCW spoilers) and everyoen LOVES it- it's much rounder and softer than the JCW one. Really works well with the car!
I'll get Mocha back hopefully on Thursday. The tinting/invisishield place is off 1-65 in Franklin. If you happen to be coming up...

Old 10-14-2008, 06:49 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
CONGRATS! We're going to be neighbors in just a couple of more weeks and we can go motoring on some of those fun, hilly, windy roads. Can't wait! I'm so happy for everyone. It sounds like (if we're lucky) those of us that got left behind to catch MV Western Highway will be picking up next week. Enjoy your new baby!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Otra
6th Gear
See, I knew it was all going to work out - so congratulations! Now get over to the Clubman forum and join up here in particular: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...20#post2509120, TNMiniMama!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:03 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
See, I knew it was all going to work out - so congratulations! Now get over to the Clubman forum and join up here in particular: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...20#post2509120, TNMiniMama!
ROFLMAO Otra! Check my siggie... I've been a member of the HCOC for a few weeks now #64 at that!

I'm sitting here reading my owner's manual. Both my kids want a ride tomorrow- luckily one is getting over the flu or I'd only be taking one! So I get to take my daughter in the AM, and come home and pick up my son. My hubby "offered" to take my daughter to school... as long as he could drive my car! Hmmmm.... I*Don't*think*so!
Actually, it's not that I don't want my dh to drive my car, it's just that my road has just been "redone"- in chip and tar- so there is lots of loose gravel around & I don't have the invisishield on the car yet. Therefore I'm taking it very very very slowly down the road to avoid chips.
Awwww... can't wait for the morning
Vivi

Old 10-14-2008, 08:05 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
CONGRATS! We're going to be neighbors in just a couple of more weeks and we can go motoring on some of those fun, hilly, windy roads. Can't wait! I'm so happy for everyone. It sounds like (if we're lucky) those of us that got left behind to catch MV Western Highway will be picking up next week. Enjoy your new baby!!!
Did you find a place to live?! Tell me more! Hope you're gonna share that popcorn

Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Well I just sold my old car so I guess there is no turning back now! EEEK.
Jake,

You won't regret it for a sec, I promise! I got mine picked up this evening, she is tucked away safe in the garage. Pics to follow shortly, pending mother nature cooperating!

Also, I didn't look at the stock in the garage, so no scoping your Cooper. But, the did just roll out a gorgeous AB/B JCW hardtop onto the showroom!!! *drools*

-Ben

Old 10-15-2008, 06:22 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Countdown: 4 hrs to pickup!

It is pouring rain out, but is that going to stop me? heck no! I really wish I had a garage though, I am going to have to look for a place with one when I move in Feb...

Ben, more than likely my car was at the tint shop last night so it wouldn't have been there anyway.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:26 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Good luck...MINI's like the rain and after the wait I'm sure it would take more than rain to stop you.

Tell the truth...how much sleep did you get last night?

Old 10-15-2008, 06:30 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I slept like a baby knowing that my car was safe and sound and ready for me!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Oops, didn't see that "membership" # TNMiniMama, but do hope you'll post some photos of your HC over there soon, too.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Not me. I know already...I won't be able to sleep through the night. You have a very strong will. I will sleep when my baby is safe and sound in MY garage but the anticipation will be too much for a good night's sleep the night before p/u.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:40 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
ROFLMAO- I didn't sleep at all... kept falling asleep and dreaming of driving twisty turnies and would wake up, my heart a-beatin' real fast and a HUGE grin on my face...

Uh... d'ya think my owning a MINI could spell trouble?!

(giggle)

I'll get pix asap- but gotta take her in for her beauty treatments-

TTFN- Vivi

weeeeeeeeeeee...........

Old 10-15-2008, 06:48 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
The streets of TN better watch out. I think Trixie (aka Vivi) is going to catch Speedracer this time.

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group